• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Sheiks F-tilt is still broken. Combine that with her F-air buff and she is too good. My friend got pissed when I was playing as her today and he skipped saving some of the matches, but I got one against Sonic. I'm gonna put it on youtube soon.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I think nerfing the third hit of Snake's jab is unnecessary and a waste of space because:

1. That hit has 51 frames total, making it easily punishable.

2. Most Snakes won't use it because of better options, like ftilt or a grab.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
It's only broken against fast fallers. I don't want to ruin her combos on floaties just because 3 or 4 characters really get wrecked by this.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Fox vs. Wolf is now 90-10 Fox's favor.
Why?
Fox can shine at any point while being hit by Wolf's Up B, so he can get in the way of one of his recovery methods.
Plus Fox has 2 (not true) infinites on Wolf.
Short Hop Down Air > Up Tilt, repeat, this works until about 97%.
The other is Short Hop Fast Fall Down Air > Shine > run up, repeat.
This one is techable, but if it's not teched, this will work up to like 120%.
Fox also has sick, hard to escape combos, he makes Melee Fox look like road kill on a string.

I suggest making Wolf's Up B recovery longer, or with ledge snapping properties.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Wolf only needs to stand near the edge and he can easily shinespike Fox's up-B unless Fox is sweetspotting perfectly.

SH Dair to Utilt is escapable with proper SDI much eariler than 97%

There's no reason to complain about the second one when our new teching code makes teching quite easy.

Wolf has plenty of combos and strategies, too. Try pressuring your opponent with Bair -> Shine.

You need to re-examine this matchup and you (or whoever the wolf player is) need to work on your/their SDI and teching skills.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
We arent increasing it, we're decreasing it

The best example i can come up with is:
you're an ike attempting a shieldgrab with your back to a ledge. your opponent hits your shield, knocking you off the ledge. With the regular vBrawl buffer, the game will have remembered your 'A' button being pressed for 10 frames, and if you are able to perform an action using 'A' in those 10 frames, you do. Therefore, you get pushed back off the ledge and nair to your death. However, with a low buffer (the Brawl+ standard is 2 frames), the game only remembers your button press for 2 frames, so you wont nair and therefore wont sd

Also, a lower buffer requires you to be more precise in yuor button presses.
That clarifies it so much. I can't count the many times I've tried to Falcon Kick on the stage, and end up Falcon Kick'ing to my death. What's the recommended handicap number? Or is it 0?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Or we could raise the knockback of the individual hitboxes of Wolf's up B (thus increasing the stun they cause until Fox can't shine out of it).

SH dair->uptilt is escapable through SDI so it's not a big deal. The other one is techable so...learn to tech!

Fox also has sick, hard to escape combos, he makes Melee Fox look like road kill on a string.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q7dQQMuekQ

Really?

Chaos Reign

Smash Cadet
Um sorry for asking put is the file downloaded from "link to offline gct folder" the one that is supposed to go into the private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf folder?

And is the online gct file just so the codes work online? Or do I need both the offline and the online one to make it work(that doesn't seem right though...)?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Wolf only needs to stand near the edge and he can easily shinespike Fox's up-B unless Fox is sweetspotting perfectly.

SH Dair to Utilt is escapable with proper SDI much eariler than 97%

There's no reason to complain about the second one when our new teching code makes teching quite easy.

Wolf has plenty of combos and strategies, too. Try pressuring your opponent with Bair -> Shine.

You need to re-examine this matchup and you (or whoever the wolf player is) need to work on your/their SDI and teching skills.
1. That could work. But most Foxes recover with illusion more.

2. SDI only really helps you escape if you're being down aired on the ground, this infinite has Wolf in the air when eating a down air. SDI is possible, even with the small time frame when you're allowed to, but the following up tilt is gonna hit.

3. I said the second one was techable, plus I'm not complaining.

4. I know Wolf has combos, my sig isn't a joke or a lie. But Fox's combos in Brawl+ are far more superior and harder to escape.
Also pressuring is not the same as comboing.

To DarkSonic: Yes, really. Brawl+ Fox is a combo monster. He'd own Melee Fox, in a comboing contest that is.

EDIT: I was joking about the 90-10 ratio, just a humorous exaggeration, but man, Wolf has it bad if Fox gets offensive.

EDIT 2: "This videos is unavailable."
Did you wait for it to process?

EDIT 3: Your friend needs to learn to DI better.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i played a match over 3 min and it wouldnt let me save. The text says infinite replays but it wouldnt let me on o 4 min match. Also luigi d-throw leads into guaranteed sweet up-B at any percent regardless of di. Considering he can already combo until 70 that just means he can get one grab after that point pretty much and your dead no matter who you are. It feels that it is a little on the broken side, if you ask me.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
To DarkSonic: Yes, really. Brawl+ Fox is a combo monster. He'd own Melee Fox, in a comboing contest that is.
Melee Fox has waveshine combos, uair chains, the nairplane, incredible tech chasing, and an upsmash that rivals Marth's fair in terms of range.

Brawl+ Fox is good at comboing no lie, but melee Fox is on a whole different level
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AsKCZvJsSE
3:10

Yeah...

Finns7

Smash Ace
Its not even melee char vs brawl char the point is

Fox is not OP in brawl+, the reasons you gave did not really prove anything, idk about the fox/wolf matchup in plus but I kno its not 1/10 or w/e. That shine thing does sound really gay though, Im not a wolf main so I dont know how GAY it is :p

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I've played Wolf mains, and his shine is a bit gay. Though I wouldn't call it OP.

Or are we talking about Fox's shine?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
My brawl+ codes finally work, but my Textures are not.
I've followed that thread, and I don't remember doing anything different.
Except adding the 'File Replacement' code in BrawlPlusery's codeset.
File replacement is in the second gct, right? The one in the pf folder.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I don't know. My alternate is Fox and in Brawl+ he feels OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0jBWwdA908

Look at the first stock. No real skill required. Unlike the melee Fox you guys were discussing, Fox in Melee was really good but required a lot of skill to execute great combos. Doing what I did ^ in the vid, doesn't. It's so easy to do. Also in the match, I didn't have a good enough feel for his weight change and jump height changes, but once I do, it'll be more reliable combos.
I'm not saying he's too unbalanced (since his recovery is weak) but looking at a power angle, he is definitely over powered

My point is, in the hands of a skilled player Fox can probably 0-death with not too much difficult compared to any other character

Finns7

Smash Ace
Fox can get wrecked because he is a fast faller, also you can get out of the upair on that vid and the toonlink could of got away, it was a great stock on your part nothing OP about it. Your saying in the hands of a leet pro fox could be a problem but I dont think so, his dair can be died out of better...@_@ remember 10-12 hitstun days?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Wow.
It seems like my comment sparked a bit of controversy.

Some advice: Don't take what I said about Brawl+ Fox vs. Melee Fox too seriously. I do believe it, but that's just some random guy's opinion.
Lets not argue about that here, please?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
That clarifies it so much. I can't count the many times I've tried to Falcon Kick on the stage, and end up Falcon Kick'ing to my death. What's the recommended handicap number? Or is it 0?
We originally had it at 1, but many said it was too low so it was moved to 2 (which apparently is a large boost, but that may just be the placebo effect). Personally, I have it at 4.

Um sorry for asking put is the file downloaded from "link to offline gct folder" the one that is supposed to go into the private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf folder?

And is the online gct file just so the codes work online? Or do I need both the offline and the online one to make it work(that doesn't seem right though...)?
1) yes
2) the first option. The BufferHandicap code has several problems online, from the ignore handicap code not working online to people desyncing if they choose different buffer values. afaik the hackers are working on fixing these problems, but for now the buffer code has been removed altogether, as the recommended buffer value for online play is indeed the vBrawl default of 10 frames

i played a match over 3 min and it wouldnt let me save. The text says infinite replays but it wouldnt let me on o 4 min match. Also luigi d-throw leads into guaranteed sweet up-B at any percent regardless of di. Considering he can already combo until 70 that just means he can get one grab after that point pretty much and your dead no matter who you are. It feels that it is a little on the broken side, if you ask me.
If you're using the one line infinite replays code (which is supposedly better for a reason im not privy to), the button that tells you to press 'Z' to save will not appear after the 3 minute mark, though you will still be able to
About Luigi, we can request the dthrow's knockback gain be increased to make it more difficult to combo, but i believe the problem only lies with fastfallers and the larger characters

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I don't know. My alternate is Fox and in Brawl+ he feels OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0jBWwdA908
There were serveral points in that combo where he could've easily escaped

0:28 SDI the dair forward, not back!

0:30 You got the powershield! Do something!

0:31 You got hit by a jab, you're not gonna be able to punish him for that! Stay on defense

0:33 SDI the dair forward, you'd avoid the last couple hits of the dair and Fox wouldn't be able to combo from it.

0:33 DI the uptilt in front of Fox so he has to chase you for any follow-ups! He wouldn't be fast enough to link anything from it.

So yeah a few places where you could've got out on reaction, and even more if you had predicted what he was going to do (and how hard is it to predict that a Fox is going to dair you?)

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if I'd call Fox OP, but at this point... well, I'm pulling some ridiculous combos off with relative ease. I mean, 0-70% is not uncommon at all.
Ivysaur is actually surprisingly good.

Xaej

Smash Cadet
The only character I think is too powerful with the 4.0 codeset is Marth, but no one will ever agree so it's all good lol.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you Xaej. He isn't overpowered with comboing or anything, but the knockback of certain moves he has needs to be reduced.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you Xaej. He isn't overpowered with comboing or anything, but the knockback of certain moves he has needs to be reduced.
I don't agree with you.
It's still pretty hard to Tipper people that are good. He needs no buff or nerf.

And also, anybody knows why can't I use the textures?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The only character I think is too powerful with the 4.0 codeset is Marth, but no one will ever agree so it's all good lol.
Certain moves like what? Tippers? Because that's the only aspect of marth that is supposed to provide alot of KB. Anything untipped does not provide alot of KB. At all.

And really, you want to nerf him when he already suffers in terms of getting back to the stage really really badly? When he's easy to gimp? Come on now.

He has his strengths, and he has his weaknesses. Let him be. When tourney results show him to be OP'd, then I'll agree with you, as my rival has no issues ****** my marth's recovery with peach.

I don't agree with you.
It's still pretty hard to Tipper people that are good. He needs no buff or nerf.

This. : |

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Brawl+ has too many combo oriented characters that can take you to high percents just as fast as Fox...

...And I love it :p

Fox has gained so much from an offensive based game but he isn't OP at all. I can easily combo just as well with Mario, Luigi, Falcon or Shiek (not the Ftilt spam kind either, otherwise it is TOO easy)

I love Marth as is. Feels just right. Love playing him, and playing against him. All about knowing where his spacing is going to be and floating just outside that area, or just inside of it so he won't tip you. Lot of caution in it, but still loads of fun IMO.

Certain moves like what? Tippers? Because that's the only aspect of marth that is supposed to provide alot of KB. Anything untipped does not provide alot of KB. At all.

And really, you want to nerf him when he already suffers in terms of getting back to the stage really really badly? When he's easy to gimp? Come on now.

He has his strengths, and he has his weaknesses. Let him be. When tourney results show him to be OP'd, then I'll agree with you, as my rival has no issues ****** my marth's recovery with peach.
This.
And Mario's cape fully agrees with you on his recovery :p
Too predictable and too easy to gimp.

IstariAsuka

Smash Cadet
Hmmm... so I'm liking 4.0 a lot. Definitely making huge progress over the last couple months. A few things like lack of DIability for fox/falco lasers just feel really wrong and out of place, but I understand there's no code for fixing that yet.

I suddenly find myself loving the hell out of squirtle. He's hella fun, with pretty ridiculous combo potential. I feel like I'm playing a cross of Melee puff+marf. Which is an awesome feeling.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
ROB is awesome...but maybe a few little things could make him better. his u-tilt doesn't have that sucking ability anymore, so it would be nice if he got it back. the gyro charge, when used in the air should be canceled without the dodge (shield once to cancel, shield again to dodge). this would be useful because once ROB is below the stage and you accidentally charge the gyro, you either have to throw it out, or dodge, which usually result in death. if his side-b was able to be canceled midair as well, it would be awesome. also the reflection property of the spin could be extended and the attack itself could use a tiny little buff.

The Cape

Smash Master
His U tilt was actually fixed to REMOVE the suck in property because it lead to a strange infinite.

As for the gyro charge I always thought that you could cancel it without ADing by pressing the button only slighty, but I could be misremembering.

Anyway, I can agree with the gyro charge thing, but make it for all other charge moves too (Mario FLUDD, DK punch, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom