• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I've played around with the friction modifier, and indeed with higher friction Snake's DAC travels less distance. Well, on the windown, at least.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I'm pretty sure ol' sassquatch is correct about the friction.

And I don't have any feelings either way on Snake, really.

Edit: Beaten to the punch.

Eaode

Smash Champion
What made you guys decide to nerf ROB?

you made his downsmash total **** now >_<;;
I could understand if maybe it was a little too fast and spammable, but the ending lag you guys put on it is absolutely ridiculous. It's not a combo move anymore, and it never killed, so it's trash. If you have to increase it's ending lag at least don't do it SOO drastically. You can DI out of it at low %s and just **** ROB because he's sitting there helpless. at mid % it will move your opponent slightly but you can't followup. at high % it gets your opponent away from you and doesn't kill until like 160+. it's stupid now.

Does anyone in charge back there even play ROB? :(

Almas

Smash Lord
I play ROB. So does one of shanus' players.

The fact is that previously DSmash was just a general purpose panic button, with no real weaknesses. If you're afraid of a fight that's gotten too close to you, or if your opponent spotdodge spams, you just mash DSmash till he's gone away.

Now ROB has to think a lot more about when he uses it. Flailing at it wildly will just cause people to escape and hit him, but if you use it as the occaisional surprise move, it still has many uses. ROB was one of the more powerful characters (staple combos from brawl such as DThrow-UAir work on many characters for a fairly long time regardless of DI), so hopefully this change will bring him back into line.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
What about Olimar's down smash and grabs? Are they powerful enough to warrant nerfing at some point in the future?

Zecron

Smash Rookie
how about giving samus the nair that she had in melee? brawl samus doesnt have much killing moves, and i think if she has her nair back she will be more ''balanced'' with the rest of the cast

Eaode

Smash Champion
I play ROB. So does one of shanus' players.

The fact is that previously DSmash was just a general purpose panic button, with no real weaknesses. If you're afraid of a fight that's gotten too close to you, or if your opponent spotdodge spams, you just mash DSmash till he's gone away.

Now ROB has to think a lot more about when he uses it. Flailing at it wildly will just cause people to escape and hit him, but if you use it as the occaisional surprise move, it still has many uses. ROB was one of the more powerful characters (staple combos from brawl such as DThrow-UAir work on many characters for a fairly long time regardless of DI), so hopefully this change will bring him back into line.
I know it was pretty much a "spam until they go away" move before, and if you want to put more lag on it that's fine by me, it really is. but .65 speed? Its lag has almost doubled! I would suggest something a little more moderate (like between .8 and .85 or so) so it would take away some of the spamminess, but not have me sit there helpless for a whole second when I try to use one of ROB staple moves.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Some fun suggestions:
-Randomize the effects of snake's grenades. Some can cause a very quick stun (like a deku nut). Some simply do knockback.
-Allow snake to randomly pull out different weapons, food, or something rare like a Snake-specific super scope (I would gladly reskin it to make it look more army like!) that can't charge and only shoots bullets that snake. Similar to peach's bombs.
I dont know if your completely serious, but if you are, why would you want to add randomness to a competitive code set.

Slipsystem13

Smash Cadet
I'm wondering if there is anyone to give pika jump after his down throw. Using in him brawl+ limits some of his cool already in brawl combos that could translate into larger combos and more versatility overall for him as a character

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
how about giving samus the nair that she had in melee? brawl samus doesnt have much killing moves, and i think if she has her nair back she will be more ''balanced'' with the rest of the cast
Charge Shot, Bair, Fsmash, and Super Missile would liek to have a word with you.

GPDP

Smash Ace
You might not have noticed, but we already buffed that move. Check the changelist in the OP.

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
DO NOT PLAY LUIGI'S MANSION ON DOUBLES!!!

Not only is it small, but 2 players will start the match unnecessarily close, like grab distance. Also 1 char gets suspended in the air until they move.

If there is a code that fixes opening spawn points then this might want to be addressed.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
American Codeset: 3rd April 2009, Version 4.0 Beta.
Code:
[B][U][CENTER]Brawl+ Plussery Official Set 4.0 Codes in effect:
[/CENTER][/U][/B] - Hitstun changed from Brawl Default 0.48 to 0.4865
 - Aerial Lag Reduction (ALR)
	-Most characters reduced to 50%
	-Captain Falcon reduced to 40%
	-Ivysaur reduced to 30%
	-Link reduced to 35%
1) wasnt brawl's default 0.4?
2) I'm pretty sure more characters' ALR have been edited than that

Zecron

Smash Rookie
You might not have noticed, but we already buffed that move. Check the changelist in the OP.
well it doesnt look very buffed... i have been playing the 4.0 and i noticed the buff but it is not too much of a buff, it can kill but in high % (we are talking about 140% to 150% ? dont remember)

Kal

Smash Champion
Since the Brawl save file is unnecessarily large, I'd like to add to the gct file with unlock codes. Anyone know if this is likely to cause any problems?

V-K

Smash Ace
Why has Link only reduction 35% ??
I mean it´s not like he is the best char.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Why has Link only reduction 35% ??
I mean it´s not like he is the best char.
The % is actually the amount compared to the regular lag.
So 100 frames of vBrawl lag with 35% ALR means there would only be 35 frames of lag.

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure this was already asked, but the .gct has the file replacement stuff, right?
I mean, I don't have to set anything up to use texture hacks, just the files and folders?

GPDP

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure this was already asked, but the .gct has the file replacement stuff, right?
I mean, I don't have to set anything up to use texture hacks, just the files and folders?
I don't think it does. You might have to add those codes yourself. Be sure to add them to the "codeset" GCT, though, not the "loader" GCT.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it does. You might have to add those codes yourself. Be sure to add them to the "codeset" GCT, though, not the "loader" GCT.
My life saver, THANKS!

EDIT: Crap, it doesn't load ANYTHING... Need some help here.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
This question was probably asked a million times, but the gecko os I have for my wii won't load the 4.0 codeset. It just freezes when trying to load the codes. So, anyone have the solution for the problem? I'm still new to this...

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
In regular Brawl, it adds a damage percentage from the time you spawn (to make it easier for worse players to KO you).

Here, we instead set it to change the buffer scale. 10% = 1 frame buffer, 20% = 2 frames, etc.

Edit: Eaode got it before me.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Snake needs those broken hitboxes to defend himself here. He is the easiest humanshape character to combo in this game. Without the hitboxes, he is nothing more than a punching bag with grenades.

Anyway, can someone please explain how the Hitbox property mod works?

Chaos Reign

Smash Cadet
Once I have downloaded the gct files for the 4.0 codeset, should I just use the codemanager as normal? I'm asking because I don't know how to get the text files that come with it.

EDIT: Nvm I was able to create the text file, but now the homebrew channel cant load the codes up. Here's what I have so far:

I have the gct file with the 4.0 codeset in my codes folder of my SD card, but I didn't put it directly from there. Instead I used the code manager to load up the codes. This is probably where I did something wrong, but I don't know(I suck at this stuff...).

I put the other gct file in the private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf folder (ended up creating the pf folder).

According to this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226447 , apparently I am supposed to put the file that I put in private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf along with another gct file with those codes into the codes folder of my SD card.

So does that make me have 3 gct files(one from using the code manager, one that was originally in the private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf folder, and the one with the codes in http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226447 ) in my codes foler?

Sorry for the long post, I'm trying to figure this out the best I can

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
My life saver, THANKS!

EDIT: Crap, it doesn't load ANYTHING... Need some help here.
This question was probably asked a million times, but the gecko os I have for my wii won't load the 4.0 codeset. It just freezes when trying to load the codes. So, anyone have the solution for the problem? I'm still new to this...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226447

Check this out

Snake needs those broken hitboxes to defend himself here. He is the easiest humanshape character to combo in this game. Without the hitboxes, he is nothing more than a punching bag with grenades.

Anyway, can someone please explain how the Hitbox property mod works?
afaik we can change the the launch angle, damage, base knockback, knockback gain, and element (ex fire) of the attack. The frame speed mod can shorten or lengthen animations time-wise, but as far as i know we cant actually get rid of or add hitboxes

Once I have downloaded the gct files for the 4.0 codeset, should I just use the codemanager as normal? I'm asking because I don't know how to get the text files that come with it.
Download and use the BrawlPlusTweaker - its a lifesaver

Alright, so, what will heightening the buffer rate do exactly?
We arent increasing it, we're decreasing it

The best example i can come up with is:
you're an ike attempting a shieldgrab with your back to a ledge. your opponent hits your shield, knocking you off the ledge. With the regular vBrawl buffer, the game will have remembered your 'A' button being pressed for 10 frames, and if you are able to perform an action using 'A' in those 10 frames, you do. Therefore, you get pushed back off the ledge and nair to your death. However, with a low buffer (the Brawl+ standard is 2 frames), the game only remembers your button press for 2 frames, so you wont nair and therefore wont sd

Also, a lower buffer requires you to be more precise in yuor button presses.

JoeMotion

Smash Cadet
I think I might have found a bug. After the match is over you can call your victory pose using b, x, or y on the gamcube controller. When I press y the game freezes. This only happens with my custom set up with y as the shield. I tested out holding the shield down after the match and that freezes the game as well. I was using the 4.0 codeset

Eaode

Smash Champion
Alright, so, what will heightening the buffer rate do exactly?
buffer is when you input an action when you are unable to initiate it, and the game remembers the input and saves it for when you can do it. Brawl by default has 10 frames of buffer, so you can input something 10 frames before you are able to do it and the game will do it for you. This creates some problems so we've been using lower buffer setting, but now have the ability to adjust it player by player with the handicap system.

EDIT: the shield b4 victory screen = freeze glitch has been known for a while, and we still don't really know which code causes it IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom