• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
Another one that has gained combo potential is Ness. hes actually pretty good right now IMO.

Also, Ness´ bthrow kills VERY early. Like at 115% - 130% when near the edge. Thats probably known, anyways.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I dont understand why DK's Neutral B makes him helpless when it doesnt even aid recovery.
Yes, I too think that DK should have HIS sacred combo finishing with neutral-b off stage, since that would be so... smashing

Edit:

I'm pretty sure paprika killer's working on it. =)
Yeah, it's out on monday, and I thought I would have no internet from monday to sunday XP especially when I thought it would be out last friday, I got really pissed. However, it turns out I will have netz, so I'm happy again :D

Eaode

Smash Champion
Honestly, I think the only thing that really needs to be done to ROB is to tone down (notice I didn't say remove) that ABSURD dsmash nerf that was put in beta 4. You guys just took one of ROB's staple moves and made it crap- is that preservation of character? <_>;;

Also, canceling the Charge without dodging would be great.

Revven

FrankerZ
So does anyone else think regular hit lag is a bit too high and electric hit lag is a bit too low?
We made hitlag higher because jabs are too good at 40% hitlag, and even at the hitlag we're at right now, some jabs are STILL ridiculously good damagers (Sheik's for example). And, don't argue back at me because, I KNOW how to DI the jabs but, it's because they do too much damage to you even when you DI. Falco's and Sheik's jabs are two examples of jabs you cannot DI well at all, it's like they have this sucking in ability as if they are a horizontal spike or something. In any case, you can't DI certain jabs well at all so hitlag was increased, it also nerfs Peach's incredible pressure game with her JAB, her JAB of all things.

It was done mostly because of the complaints/comments from Sanuzi.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
We made hitlag higher because jabs are too good at 40% hitlag, and even at the hitlag we're at right now, some jabs are STILL ridiculously good damagers (Sheik's for example). And, don't argue back at me because, I KNOW how to DI the jabs but, it's because they do too much damage to you even when you DI. Falco's and Sheik's jabs are two examples of jabs you cannot DI well at all, it's like they have this sucking in ability as if they are a horizontal spike or something. In any case, you can't DI certain jabs well at all so hitlag was increased, it also nerfs Peach's incredible pressure game with her JAB, her JAB of all things.

It was done mostly because of the complaints/comments from Sanuzi.
Stale damage could fix this. Bowser's flame can deal ridiculous damage, too, under the right circumstances.

:034:

Smash Hero
Can't you change the hitlag for jabs alone? Or deduce Falco's and Sheik's jab's damage on their multi-hits.

Rudra

Smash Ace
We made hitlag higher because jabs are too good at 40% hitlag, and even at the hitlag we're at right now, some jabs are STILL ridiculously good damagers (Sheik's for example).
No wonder. I had felt that hitting a shielding opponent with Ivy's Nair felt a bit...slow? At least I can see the cause now ^-^;

Can't you change the hitlag for jabs alone? Or deduce Falco's and Sheik's jab's damage on their multi-hits.
Pretty much this if possible.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
If you're using the one line infinite replays code (which is supposedly better for a reason im not privy to), the button that tells you to press 'Z' to save will not appear after the 3 minute mark, though you will still be able to
About Luigi, we can request the dthrow's knockback gain be increased to make it more difficult to combo, but i believe the problem only lies with fastfallers and the larger characters
ok thanks, and i was talking about the d-throw -> sweet up-b, and it worked every time on game and watch. im sure it would work on everyone else. I feel it gives him too easy kills.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
So does anyone else think regular hit lag is a bit too high and electric hit lag is a bit too low?
The people who I test with thought so too on this build for the regular hit lag at least. It really shows too if you main a demon combo char like Zsamus.

Magus420

Smash Master
ok thanks, and i was talking about the d-throw -> sweet up-b, and it worked every time on game and watch. im sure it would work on everyone else. I feel it gives him too easy kills.
DI the throw between full away and diagonally down&away. Even just plain away should keep this from working. I'm almost positive they go too far horizontally to get close enough in time for it, unless there's some trick to pulling it off when they DI like this.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
How will the 4.0 codeset be putted into your WII? Via BrawlGecko OS or via snapshot hack?:confused:

Sorry if this has been asked already:bee:

It uses normal Gecko OS, and the GCT has a code that lets it read another GCT for extra lines. Just set everything up right an run it with Gecko. :)

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Is there any way to have the custom textures codes be included into Brawl Plus 4.0?

I already have all of the .pcs/.pacs in the proper locations on the SD card.

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
Edit the codeset that's in your /pf folder to include the file replacement code.

Take the codeset on the front page, put it into a txt file, edit it using codemanager, and export it to a gct.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
How many lines does this allow for?

Also, why was Bowser's Thick Skin scrapped? I thought it was a great way to buff him in a unique way. I support the idea of returning it (even if it has to be slightly weakened first)

GPDP

Smash Ace
Someone suggested increasing the breakpoint or something to that extent.

What does the breakpoint do?
Basically, it applies the hitlag reduction code only to moves that last above a specified number of frames. So if the breakpoint is set at 3, any move that last 3 frames or below will be unaffected by the hitlag code, and will still last 3 frames.

I propose we use this code. Many laggy moves could use the extra hitlag reduction, without messing with the hitlag of jabs.

How many lines does this allow for?

Also, why was Bowser's Thick Skin scrapped? I thought it was a great way to buff him in a unique way. I support the idea of returning it (even if it has to be slightly weakened first)
About 4000 lines.

Bowser's thick skin was removed because he doesn't need it anymore, apparently. He's been buffed to hell and back in many other ways.

iLink

Smash Champion
Pika's dthrow kinda... sucks now. I can't even get off an utilt at low percents. I think it should be a little faster or even just increase the knockback on to lessen the previous chaingrab.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Too bad about the thick skin, I really liked it. If Bowser is ever in the need of another buff, the return of the thick skin should be the first thing added. Also, I really feel that Ness's bat should screech in the official codeset, but if I want to add it myself, where would I begin? I don't know any of the bat values.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
C0nn0r:
You'll need an SD card, SD card reader, and (temporarily) Twilight Princess. But if you've updated to 4.0, you can't yet get Brawl+ (Nintendo blocked the Twilight Hack, but there's a new exploit coming soon...) gamesurge.net/chat/brawlplus Go on IRC chat, they should be happy to help you set up Brawl+.

I agree that Thick Skin should be reinstated. It made Bowser truly unique.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
connor join the irc chat
http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/BrawlPlus
we can help you better there

EDIT:
Basically, it applies the hitlag reduction code only to moves that last above a specified number of frames. So if the breakpoint is set at 3, any move that last 3 frames or below will be unaffected by the hitlag code, and will still last 3 frames.

I propose we use this code. Many laggy moves could use the extra hitlag reduction, without messing with the hitlag of jabs.
oh so that's what the breakpoint is? if it was my choice, i'd have hitlag at around 75% break 4, with electric hitlag at 1.2x

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Is there a difference between Brawl Plusery's SD Loader and the code given in the '256 lines limit code' thead?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
i didn't download the sd loader and it wouldn't work, when i did, the program did work. Hope that answers your question a bit.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
i didn't download the sd loader and it wouldn't work, when i did, the program did work. Hope that answers your question a bit.
Thing is, I've got the SD Loader on right now.
My textures still don't work, I've also added the File Replacement code in the brawl plusery codeset as told.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Thing is, I've got the SD Loader on right now.
My textures still don't work, I've also added the File Replacement code in the brawl plusery codeset as told.
PM me your e-mail and I'll send you my GCT files, and see if that works.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I dont like how Wolf feels at all in 4.0 -_____-!
Could you be a bit more specific? The people in charge of the Plussery codeset are willing to take criticism and use it to improve a character, but not if it's something as vague as "I don't like how X character feels".

Revven

FrankerZ
I dont like how Wolf feels at all in 4.0 -_____-!
Wolf is pretty badass, I don't know what you're talking about. I played against a Wolf main in B+ a few weeks ago and he seemed to agree with me that Wolf is much better now with his gravity settings and ****. You just gotta use Dair and Bair more, and some Fair mixed in.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
X iLink X said:
Pika's dthrow kinda... sucks now. I can't even get off an utilt at low percents. I think it should be a little faster or even just increase the knockback on to lessen the previous chaingrab.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I haven't played brawl+ pika since before 4.0's official release, so I didn't realize this change was in the final codeset.
-Pika downthrow slowed to 70%
This change was not supposed to be in the final 4.0 codeset. It was never even talked about once in the broom and was only tested on the irc. For those wondering, this is what the pika thread looks like in the broom right now (I won't list the names of the posters for obvious reasons):

Post #1: "We need to fix his D throw, but I would like to see another move buffed to compensate for this.

I cant think of anything though."

Post #2: "Pikachu is honestly a **** character. I don't think we should consider giving Pikachu any alterations outside of fixing the Dthrow."

And that's it. We have had very little actual discussion on pika compared to some other characters, which we have pages upon pages of discussion on. I'm not going to get into that right now, but you can probably guess which ones. And if you're wondering, neither of those posts are mine, although you can bet that I will be posting on that thread after I finish with this one.

The problem with adding lag to it like that is that it doesn't just nerf the dthrow against ff'ers that pika could chainthrow. It nerfs it against everyone, making it impossible for him to combo off of it at all. This is in here as a temporary fix, but it shouldn't have made it in at all. The temporary fix for pika should be "don't play ff'ers against him." Or "if you're pika playing against a ff'er, don't go chain throwing them." We've had soft bans on mk in friendly play long enough. I don't see why this can't be treated similarly. By slowing down the dthrow, it not only makes it worthless for chainthrowing ff'ers, but also makes it worthless for anything against the rest of the cast, when it's always been a great lead-in to utilt, which sets up for uair chains, making it a staple of brawl+ pika.

I'm not too happy this made it in when I was specifically told that it was being removed after I had tested it and gave feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom