• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikpikcarrotmon

Smash Rookie
I'll try ditching the pause codes. Kinda sucks, I've been trying to put together a whole bunch of screenshots of all my texture hacks so I can make custom screen selection images for all of 'em and the camera hack makes it easier. Lessee if that's the problem...

IC3R

Smash Lord
Wait a tick......knux, I believe you mentioned something about a File Replacement code? Does this mean that one would be able to simply copy Brawl game data from an SD card to the Wii's hard drive?

shanus

Smash Hero
If your tryign to do texture hacks, we will be providing a set at some point this week with a few small updated and texture support.

Also, pikpik, sounds like its a mistake on your end since I havent had a crash in a long time unless I mess up when modifying a code :p

Remember:

The small GCT file (~1kb) goes in /codes

The big GCT file (~4kb) goes in /private/Wii/APP/RSBE/PF

pikpikcarrotmon

Smash Rookie
If your tryign to do texture hacks, we will be providing a set at some point this week with a few small updated and texture support.

Also, pikpik, sounds like its a mistake on your end since I havent had a crash in a long time unless I mess up when modifying a code :p

Remember:

The small GCT file (~1kb) goes in /codes

The big GCT file (~4kb) goes in /private/Wii/APP/RSBE/PF
I'm using the exact codes posted by knuxrouge a little bit ago and they are in the correct places on the SD card.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Wait a tick......knux, I believe you mentioned something about a File Replacement code? Does this mean that one would be able to simply copy Brawl game data from an SD card to the Wii's hard drive?
Uh, no. You need to do some more involved software modifications to the wii to do this.
-DD

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or is 4.0 extremely unstable? I'm trying this new one out and it won't stay fine for more than a minute or two, tops, before crashing. Mostly it's right when choosing "Brawl" but sometimes if I make it through it's later, when the game starts. This never happened before I tried 4.0. I'm also using texture codes and the ones for extra pause camera mobility - I put them in the 'main' GCT, not the one in the 'codes' folder, if that has anything to do with it for some reason.
Ditto, except I'm not even using textures. Just yesterday I went to play on PS1 and the game suddenly "couldn't be read." I'd been playing just fine until then. The issues began when I started trying the beta 4.0. Now I somtimes play and get no issues, other times it gets read errrors within a couple minutes.

Unless my Wii is wearing out, coincidentally as I started using 4.0, I can't think of any cause for this.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Nor have I, until recently. That's the most perplexing part.

Note that the issue is not Wii Update 4.0- the first crashes occurred while I was still at Update 3.4 (which had never given me issues).

I'll try removing certain codes to see if that makes a difference.

These crashes also began when I started using the double gct... Possible cause? I don't see how, but I'm shooting at flies here.

shanus

Smash Hero
Grim, I'm not having any of the issues your having and I've been using derivatives of this for almost a month now. I think it might just be freak timing on your end. Did you add anything or make your own gct of it? That or try and download the other gct i posted a couple posts above and see if that fixes anything

D

Deleted member

for those wondering, the PAL version of beta 4.0 will be out in a few days

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm only going to say this once and only once:

For those of you having disc read errors, codes CANNOT cause this problem, ever. Codes never directly edit the disc, they edit the RAM memory that's loaded FROM the disc and on the Wii so it doesn't ever actually reach the disc at all. Codes can never cause the effects that you guys seem to think it can. Check your disc for scratches, it could even be your Wii dying slowly (if it's a 2006 Wii, I would NOT be surprised). My Wii was a 2006 Wii, in perfect condition, nothing wrong with it. Last December, I thought nothing bad could never happen to it but, it did, my disc drive died on me after so much use with Brawl (yes, Brawl was the cause because it's a dual layer disc, something the Wii can't seem to handle well, or at least not very decently). So, I had to send it in.

No, it wasn't because codes were causing it, I loaded the game normally and heard loud noises and eventually would get a disc read error. I would also get sound mishaps during the CSS.

Codes, again, cannot mess your disc up AT ALL. The best codes can do is corrupt the save file, which you all should know about now and how to deal with it (back up your save files with Gecko OS's rebooter feature if you can! The rebooter feature though does not work on 3.3v2, 3.4, and obviously 4.0). In this case, use the save extractor application.

I will stress once more, disc read errors in any case or situation, cannot be caused by codes. I played the set on Saturday and had no problems at all. I seriously suggest you look at your discs and try playing regular Brawl for the same amount of hours and see what happens. Your disc drive and/or Brawl disc could be going and you wouldn't even realize it.

Also, the sets we put out like this one ARE usually tested for WEEKS and WEEKS by everyone in the IRC. Everyone that tested 4.0 for those weeks in the IRC, have not reported ANY of these errors before, and especially not now. So, if you're having trouble, check your gcts, check your discs, and etc. Because if a number of people aren't having problems, it's obviously something you're doing or something your Wii is doing. We test the set for weeks at a time, if there's a freeze issue, we'd know about it (the only one that seemingly exists is when you hold a direction when a match ends, DON'T DO THAT!)

These sets are also, again, beta for a reason. If there's bugs or freezes we never caught in our weeks of testing, that's why you guys are here to test the released set of that version of the beta so we can go and ask one of the hackers to look into it given your specifics.

Again, I, myself have not experienced any issues like some of the few people in here have mentioned. If you're having problems, check all possible issues first before complaining and "blaming" us or the setup we have for it. Because of the set works perfectly for us, then obviously you're doing something to it or maybe there is actually a bug. In any case, I just wanted to remind everybody of something that should be common sense by now (otherwise, we would not be pursuing this project like we are).

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
You are great, guys. It's amazing how the game is changing, being much more playable.

By the way, how can I create my own codeset of 256+ lines? Ocarina cheat code manager just won't let me do that.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I'm only going to say this once and only once:

For those of you having disc read errors, codes CANNOT cause this problem, ever. Codes never directly edit the disc, they edit the RAM memory that's loaded FROM the disc and on the Wii so it doesn't ever actually reach the disc at all. Codes can never cause the effects that you guys seem to think it can. Check your disc for scratches, it could even be your Wii dying slowly (if it's a 2006 Wii, I would NOT be surprised). My Wii was a 2006 Wii, in perfect condition, nothing wrong with it. Last December, I thought nothing bad could never happen to it but, it did, my disc drive died on me after so much use with Brawl (yes, Brawl was the cause because it's a dual layer disc, something the Wii can't seem to handle well, or at least not very decently). So, I had to send it in.

No, it wasn't because codes were causing it, I loaded the game normally and heard loud noises and eventually would get a disc read error. I would also get sound mishaps during the CSS.

Codes, again, cannot mess your disc up AT ALL. The best codes can do is corrupt the save file, which you all should know about now and how to deal with it (back up your save files with Gecko OS's rebooter feature if you can! The rebooter feature though does not work on 3.3v2, 3.4, and obviously 4.0). In this case, use the save extractor application.

I will stress once more, disc read errors in any case or situation, cannot be caused by codes. I played the set on Saturday and had no problems at all. I seriously suggest you look at your discs and try playing regular Brawl for the same amount of hours and see what happens. Your disc drive and/or Brawl disc could be going and you wouldn't even realize it.

Also, the sets we put out like this one ARE usually tested for WEEKS and WEEKS by everyone in the IRC. Everyone that tested 4.0 for those weeks in the IRC, have not reported ANY of these errors before, and especially not now. So, if you're having trouble, check your gcts, check your discs, and etc. Because if a number of people aren't having problems, it's obviously something you're doing or something your Wii is doing. We test the set for weeks at a time, if there's a freeze issue, we'd know about it (the only one that seemingly exists is when you hold a direction when a match ends, DON'T DO THAT!)

These sets are also, again, beta for a reason. If there's bugs or freezes we never caught in our weeks of testing, that's why you guys are here to test the released set of that version of the beta so we can go and ask one of the hackers to look into it given your specifics.

Again, I, myself have not experienced any issues like some of the few people in here have mentioned. If you're having problems, check all possible issues first before complaining and "blaming" us or the setup we have for it. Because of the set works perfectly for us, then obviously you're doing something to it or maybe there is actually a bug. In any case, I just wanted to remind everybody of something that should be common sense by now (otherwise, we would not be pursuing this project like we are).
this should be posted where more people can see it :)

IC3R

Smash Lord
Code:
Unlock All Characters (3 lines)
42000000 90000000
0417B640 FFFFFFFF
0417B644 FFFFFFFF

That's what I'm talkin' about!!!! >:D

I can keep this code on standby, since she's more of a casual player, and it may be more fun unlocking characters through SSE for her ~

Thanks for the code, though!

Sukai

Smash Champion
Upgrade to Pro today! :bee:
Bandwidth Exceeded.

But seriously.
I find that the cpu is not as smart as 3.3 Brawl+, they seem to make the most stupidest mistakes, like dodging after they're allowed to after a tumble, then they just fall to their death thanks to gravity.
On stage, they're not bad, a bit too much roll dodging though. But offstage, they fail.
Except Link.

Spike222

Smash Cadet
I hate to ask this again but can someone tell me how to edit the buffer?
Or can this just be changed on the codeset? I'd hate to go to someone else's place and be like "oh wait let me fix the buffer because it sucks ***" it be nice for the codeset to just not have it.

Thanks in advance.

Spike222

Smash Cadet
I only complain about the buffer because it effects Wolf and Wolf is the only character besides Falcon that I really like to use in Brawl. I liked Fox in melee but I agree 100% that Fox was a skillfull character to learn, and now in Brawl hes just a bunch of BS. His shine is so easy to spike people with now... thats not anyones fault, just the way he is in Brawl, so I feel cheesy using him. Love Wolf and Falcon.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I hate to ask this again but can someone tell me how to edit the buffer?
Or can this just be changed on the codeset? I'd hate to go to someone else's place and be like "oh wait let me fix the buffer because it sucks ***" it be nice for the codeset to just not have it.

Thanks in advance.
Enable handicap in-game. The handicap level will determine your buffer level. 10 handicap = 1 buffer, 100 and above = 10 buffer.

Honestly, the handicap option should be enabled from the start using the Default Settings code. Might I suggest the next version implement this?

D

Deleted member

not sure if you can enable handicap with that code, but I'm sure it's possible

shanus

Smash Hero
Enable handicap in-game. The handicap level will determine your buffer level. 10 handicap = 1 buffer, 100 and above = 10 buffer.

Honestly, the handicap option should be enabled from the start using the Default Settings code. Might I suggest the next version implement this?
It already does do this unless Almas changed it haha

Cero

Smash Lord

The codeset version I downloaded already came with handicap on default.

But, that was because it was apparently customized from the official set and distributed that way. I've got Spear Pillar frozen too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom