• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
:/ ive got the exact same codes as you, yet i cant for the life of me get the double GCT method working.
My only problem's still the **** textures...

EDIT: I got it now. The guide didn't mention that we had to add the prefix "Fit". I thought it was the costume's name (FitCaptain). It works now.

iLink

Smash Champion
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I haven't played brawl+ pika since before 4.0's official release, so I didn't realize this change was in the final codeset.

This change was not supposed to be in the final 4.0 codeset. It was never even talked about once in the broom and was only tested on the irc. For those wondering, this is what the pika thread looks like in the broom right now (I won't list the names of the posters for obvious reasons):

Post #1: "We need to fix his D throw, but I would like to see another move buffed to compensate for this.

I cant think of anything though."

Post #2: "Pikachu is honestly a **** character. I don't think we should consider giving Pikachu any alterations outside of fixing the Dthrow."

And that's it. We have had very little actual discussion on pika compared to some other characters, which we have pages upon pages of discussion on. I'm not going to get into that right now, but you can probably guess which ones. And if you're wondering, neither of those posts are mine, although you can bet that I will be posting on that thread after I finish with this one.

The problem with adding lag to it like that is that it doesn't just nerf the dthrow against ff'ers that pika could chainthrow. It nerfs it against everyone, making it impossible for him to combo off of it at all. This is in here as a temporary fix, but it shouldn't have made it in at all. The temporary fix for pika should be "don't play ff'ers against him." Or "if you're pika playing against a ff'er, don't go chain throwing them." We've had soft bans on mk in friendly play long enough. I don't see why this can't be treated similarly. By slowing down the dthrow, it not only makes it worthless for chainthrowing ff'ers, but also makes it worthless for anything against the rest of the cast, when it's always been a great lead-in to utilt, which sets up for uair chains, making it a staple of brawl+ pika.

I'm not too happy this made it in when I was specifically told that it was being removed after I had tested it and gave feedback.
This pretty much. I think a more reasonable fix would have been to increase the knockback on it. With how slow it is, it can't lead into anything. It was pretty much his best set-up option and they made it void with the ending frames.

The Cape

Smash Master
We want to fix Pika D throw by increasing the KB. Problem is, we dont have a throw modifier code yet. Once one comes out, fixing that throw with KB is top priority.

Spike222

Smash Cadet
Ok then to be more specific about what I don't like about Wolf, is the the way I felt about him before 3.3. I assume it's the buffering.

Before 3.3 (or whatever the most recent codeset was before 4.0) Wolf was not able to cancel the lag of his fair. Yes they made it so that when you did fair, his lag animation was sped up, but its still lag, still leaves you open, and still wasn't useful for fast combo's at all.

In 3.3, he felt PERFECT. You were able to cancel his fair lag completely just like in normal Brawl. Wolfs Fair is one of his best approaches, and best combo setup moves he has... easily, especially in th early %'s. It creates the same effect that his charge attack does in a sense that it knocks the guy upward so you can combo right into an Uair/Bair, or a Dair into something else.

In 4.0, its back to the SAME thing where his Fair is imo useless once again... what a tease. Is it possible to bring that back? Wolf has always had a really good air game but destroying the Fair really hurts him imo.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
What does the buffer code do?
And with the handicap=buffer, can every player have a different buffer?
and what is buffer?

AfroThunderRule

Smash Journeyman
Ok then to be more specific about what I don't like about Wolf, is the the way I felt about him before 3.3. I assume it's the buffering.

Before 3.3 (or whatever the most recent codeset was before 4.0) Wolf was not able to cancel the lag of his fair. Yes they made it so that when you did fair, his lag animation was sped up, but its still lag, still leaves you open, and still wasn't useful for fast combo's at all.

In 3.3, he felt PERFECT. You were able to cancel his fair lag completely just like in normal Brawl. Wolfs Fair is one of his best approaches, and best combo setup moves he has... easily, especially in th early %'s. It creates the same effect that his charge attack does in a sense that it knocks the guy upward so you can combo right into an Uair/Bair, or a Dair into something else.

In 4.0, its back to the SAME thing where his Fair is imo useless once again... what a tease. Is it possible to bring that back? Wolf has always had a really good air game but destroying the Fair really hurts him imo.
I had the same with Ganon and his Dair. Just remove the Buffer=Handicap code.

I really hate those buffer codes and see no reason why are they in Brawl+

Almas

Smash Lord
Erm. The buffer=handicap code lets you choose your handicap... If you don't like buffering changes, just keep it at Brawl's default (10, or 100%).

Whenever you input a move, the game "remembers" you putting in that move for up to 10 frames. If you can't originally perform the move (for example, if you're in hitstun), the game will keep checking to see if you can do it for this time period.

It has its strengths and weaknesses. It makes certain followups easier to perform, but on heavier characters you can end up finding yourself SDing - for example, If you are playing Ike and standing near the edge in shield, then decide to cancel your shield into an FSmash just as an opponent strikes your shield. The shieldpush could knock you off the edge and you'd cancel into your Fair.

Since players can choose their buffering now, there is no reason why anyone should be complaining about it.

iLink

Smash Champion
Umm... I think this could have possibly corrupted the files on my brawl disk XD

I tried to save a replay and it froze half why through watching it. Now everytime I try to play with or without gecko, it says "An error has occurred."

Any ideas?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
uhh, I have no idea how to set up 4.0, it doesn't work for me I DON'T GET IT!!! could someone tell me? PLEASE???

*shows off new avitar*

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
If you are playing Ike and standing near the edge in shield, then decide to cancel your shield into an FSmash just as an opponent strikes your shield. The shieldpush could knock you off the edge and you'd cancel into your Fair.
That was a bad example.:laugh:

Instead, let's say that he was going for a sheildgrab. He'd get pushed off and nair. Much better example.

But yeah nobody should ever complain about buffering now! They can modify the buffer value to whatever they want!

Phase

Smash Apprentice
is there a reason certain recoveries pass the ledge right up, such as falco's up b?

IC3R

Smash Lord
Hasn't the aerial cooldown of Ike's N-Air been decreased?

No more Naircide :)

@Phase :: Yes, the No Autosweetspot Ledges code does that.

EDIT :: Since there is freestyle buffering, does this mean everyone can choose whatever buffering timeframe they wish in tournaments? Or is it going to be set at 2 (20%)?

Sukai

Smash Champion
No auto ledge snapping, think the recoveries in Melee.
Like that.

I second the claim that no one should ***** about the buffering.
I find 30% to be purrrrrrfect for me.

At IC3R: I figure since the players set the buffer to optimize their playstyle, I figure it'll be legal to set it as they please.
It'll be allowed in my touneys.

kupo15

Smash Hero
That was a bad example.:laugh:

Instead, let's say that he was going for a sheildgrab. He'd get pushed off and nair. Much better example.

But yeah nobody should ever complain about buffering now! They can modify the buffer value to whatever they want!
Good but I think I can top that. :chuckle:

When you are MK and are mashing the tornado and it clanks with a move, you automatically go into the drill rush by accident. This is the buffer system at work buffering your next move even if you didn't want to. At 2 buffering or around 2, this doesn't happen nearly as much if at all if you are quick enough

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!

I tried to save a replay and it froze half why through watching it. Now everytime I try to play with or without gecko, it says "An error has occurred."

Any ideas?
vigilante efforts by nintendo to strike down the hackers
it could be something as inconspicuous as a typo in a code, but if you cant load brawl in any way, its busted

EDIT: cool a duplicate checker just prevented me from double posting :D

GPDP

Smash Ace

Any ideas?
It's impossible for the actual files in the disk to become corrupted through hacks. Wii disks (and all non-rewritable disks, for that matter) are read-only, and cannot be written to.

If you're getting freezes and disk-read errors, maybe it's your Wii or the physical disk itself that's bad.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I will admit that I like the fact I can buffer now, just hate how it's called "handicap" seems like if I win someone can always say "well you had a handicap"

iLink

Smash Champion
It's impossible for the actual files in the disk to become corrupted through hacks. Wii disks (and all non-rewritable disks, for that matter) are read-only, and cannot be written to.

If you're getting freezes and disk-read errors, maybe it's your Wii or the physical disk itself that's bad.
Well the wii can read any other game just fine. And the disk has no scratches and I was playing it before it froze.

Phase

Smash Apprentice
what all the does handicap buffer change? ive messed with it a little bit but havent noticed any difference really all though i dont know what im looking for either?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Well the wii can read any other game just fine. And the disk has no scratches and I was playing it before it froze.
Perhaps your save file? Try looking for the "My Music fix" code or something. I'm not sure where it is. Perhaps someone else can point you in that direction.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
what all the does handicap buffer change? ive messed with it a little bit but havent noticed any difference really all though i dont know what im looking for either?
I asked this same question a while back.

Buffering is basically this.

Move A is 30 frames. The buffer is 10 frames. So 10 frames at the end of those 30 frames is the buffer window.

When ever you do a command within the buffer window. That single input get stored until the move ends completely.

So you store Move B in the buffer, so on frame 31, Move B comes out automatically and instantly. Ya feel me? Move B gets carried out on the first frame possible because it was stored in the buffer.

Brawl uses a buffer of 10 frames. B+ uses 2 frames. Melee used 0. People complained about the buffer so this was thought up and made a reality, so everyone has their own buffer they're most used too.
Buffering in brawl works like this.

Let's say you have a buffer window of say...10 frames. This means that if you input a command while you are unable to preform that action (like say, you press A to jab, but you are in lag from landing while doing an aerial), the game will wait up to 10 frames to register that jab. If you are out of lag before those 10 frames are up, it will preform the jab on the very first possible frame. If you're not out of lag,that command will be ignored. It only buffers the most recent command (meaning if you input another command, the first will be overwritten and it will try to do the latest command instead).

This can lead to very good precision if used intentionally (as it essentially extends the window for frame perfect attacks), but it also has some nasty side effects. If you're holding down when you land during a shffl, it will buffer a crouch (even if you let go of down before your lag is over). If you drift back before landing, it will buffer a turnaround. If you get pushed off the stage while trying to do something involving the A button, it will buffer a nair. These things can be worked around, but can also be completely eliminated by simply using a lower buffer setting.

And that is buffering in a nutshell.

@GHNeko-melee had 0 buffering. There were many animations that could be canceled (like if you Shine before Fox leaves the ground in his jump animation, he will not do the jump), but there was no buffering.

shanus

Smash Hero

We changed nothing on his fair or his physics from 3.3 to this. This means that you are probably playing with handicap = 0 meaning you have zero buffering. Change your buffer window with the handicap=buffering code

Handicap/10 = Buffer window, caps out at 10 frame buffer

Phase

Smash Apprentice
ahh i see, so how do the percents translate? 10% of "handicap" gives you 1 frame of buffer, 100 would give you 10?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Riiight.
Anyway, I compiled the codeset to include the File Replacement and Disable Custom Stage codes for texture hacking, so people would stop asking.
I'm gonna pm Almas with a download link so maybe this one will be the one available.

AH-86

Smash Cadet
OK, I know you guys are balancing brawl plus all the time, but what about checking for some game bugs... freezing, disc error messages, and my disc is just fine, I play brawl normally (no + at all) and these things don't happen, maybe the code needs some clean up? Or maybe not... please don't be offended, I'm just pointing the things as they are...

pikpikcarrotmon

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or is 4.0 extremely unstable? I'm trying this new one out and it won't stay fine for more than a minute or two, tops, before crashing. Mostly it's right when choosing "Brawl" but sometimes if I make it through it's later, when the game starts. This never happened before I tried 4.0. I'm also using texture codes and the ones for extra pause camera mobility - I put them in the 'main' GCT, not the one in the 'codes' folder, if that has anything to do with it for some reason.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Have you considered letting the current Brawl+ patch sink in for a while? Nothing's really been developed. Brawl+ has a lot of potential, but it's sort of hard to know exactly what's broken in it and what's crap if it's simply altered every few weeks.

I think people are over exaggerating some of these claims about characters who suck. There haven't been many tournaments on the current patch (if any) and certainly not with many people (in person; online lag screws with too much, especially if we're adding more punishment factors like hitstun and whatever).

I think if the patch settled for a while, we would have a better perspective on the game as a whole, and more direction with where to go next. For all we know this patch is riddled with answers to our current gripes, we're just not looking for them.

Just a suggestion. It seems we go through patches at a rather quick rate. And while many of them have blatant flaws that need corrections, I think letting this one (or one in the near future) settle for a bit might be a good move.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Is it just me or is 4.0 extremely unstable? I'm trying this new one out and it won't stay fine for more than a minute or two, tops, before crashing. Mostly it's right when choosing "Brawl" but sometimes if I make it through it's later, when the game starts. This never happened before I tried 4.0. I'm also using texture codes and the ones for extra pause camera mobility - I put them in the 'main' GCT, not the one in the 'codes' folder, if that has anything to do with it for some reason.
I wanna say it's the pause code. I'm also using the texture codes, and my game has yet to freeze. It used to sometimes using the snapshot method, but nothing so far with the new loader method.

And if not, then it's the texture codes somehow. I doubt there's anything wrong with the Plussery set itself.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/GPDP Try my codeset and see if you still get freezes.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
I will admit that I like the fact I can buffer now, just hate how it's called "handicap" seems like if I win someone can always say "well you had a handicap"
We should look into replacing the texture/text that says handicap with "Buffer." It should be doable. I agree that the handicap thing puts a negative stigma on using buffer (though some may argue in support of this stigma, hah).

I realize this isn't a high priority, but I'd like it added to the bottom of the code requests list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom