• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
Why wasn't ZSS's tether lag sped up? She has the worst lag out of everyone in the game before the buffs, now it's just stupid to grab.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Okay few things I wanted to get out about the newest codeset.

I don't like the new glide code. It takes away some good options that don't really need to be removed. Its like getting rid of Peach's float. Might as well make G&W and Sonic not able to do anything out of their up-B's either. Sonic can spinshot AND up-B and well...G&W is broken. They're both like free recoveries. If a character has multiple jumps, a good up-B and a glide then maybe they just aren't meant to be gimped. Also I like comboing out of glide attacks and such. I'd like their versatility to stay. Besides that, its fun to watch people tenaciously try and edgeguard fliers.

I also don't like some of the winddown on certain moves. Mainly, Kirby's Fsmash and ROB's Dsmash. They're annoying moves sure, but people have learned to get around them. They both throw their hurtboxes out to be punished and leave themselves vulnerable from above for quite a while. In a faster game with more punishment options and the ability to combo, I'd rather see knockback nerfed first. Only character who I think may deserve some lag on his smashes is G&W...and maybe Wario because Fsmash is ridic and goes through aerials. :laugh:

Basically I want to keep good options good unless:

1) They overcentralize the character's metagame.

or

2) They make the character 2gud.

I don't believe any of these do that, and I wouldn't want a characters good moves being only as good as everyone elses. It takes away from variety. It doesn't sit well with me because I don't think these chars in particular need to be nerfed. Its like Ulevo's argument on IC's, removing something annoying even though the competitive aspect of it is just fine.

On a previous note, I like to think of Ivysaur as a girl. The roster is lacking in females so Sakurai made the right choice. At least my Ivy is 100% sexy vixen. :p

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Don't mess with G&W's smashes anymore. They're hard enough to land as is.
With Dash cancel, ALR and techchasing? I don't know man, I can't imagine them being difficult to hit with.

And honestly I only said "may" need more lag, I could deal with what they have now. I don't think it'd be the best way to nerf him anyways, a lot of chars who have extremely bad matchups against him have trouble with other things.

shanus

Smash Hero
Okay few things I wanted to get out about the newest codeset.

I don't like the new glide code. It takes away some good options that don't really need to be removed. Its like getting rid of Peach's float. Might as well make G&W and Sonic not able to do anything out of their up-B's either. Sonic can spinshot AND up-B and well...G&W is broken. They're both like free recoveries. If a character has multiple jumps, a good up-B and a glide then maybe they just aren't meant to be gimped. Also I like comboing out of glide attacks and such. I'd like their versatility to stay. Besides that, its fun to watch people tenaciously try and edgeguard fliers.

I also don't like some of the winddown on certain moves. Mainly, Kirby's Fsmash and ROB's Dsmash. They're annoying moves sure, but people have learned to get around them. They both throw their hurtboxes out to be punished and leave themselves vulnerable from above for quite a while. In a faster game with more punishment options and the ability to combo, I'd rather see knockback nerfed first. Only character who I think may deserve some lag on his smashes is G&W...and maybe Wario because Fsmash is ridic and goes through aerials. :laugh:

Basically I want to keep good options good unless:

1) They overcentralize the character's metagame.

or

2) They make the character 2gud.

I don't believe any of these do that, and I wouldn't want a characters good moves being only as good as everyone elses. It takes away from variety. It doesn't sit well with me because I don't think these chars in particular need to be nerfed. Its like Ulevo's argument on IC's, removing something annoying even though the competitive aspect of it is just fine.

On a previous note, I like to think of Ivysaur as a girl. The roster is lacking in females so Sakurai made the right choice. At least my Ivy is 100% sexy vixen. :p
Very true, although sidestep downsmash as ROB is his metagame hahaha

But, they dont seem overly necessary as nerfs though. Ialso agree with you on the glide code and that you have a baller Ivy.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
The D-smash nerf for G and W is fine and deserved. I have no problems with a spammable flame stick. I also agree that some nerfs have only been made because someone had an annoying move. Spot dodge to D-smash was an annoying ROB tactic, but it certainly wasn't broken. ROB has a great pursuit game now a days so you can play him as a pursuit character or a camper or even a little of both.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I'm fine with Kirby's F-Smash cooldown nerf, but PLEASE fix ROB's D-Smash!!! It used to be like the second- or third-best D-Smash in the game, but now it's crap D: (Pika and G&W's being better, maybe Zelda's)

IMO, 0.65x speed was too much of a nerf; 0.80x-0.85x would have been plenty, but it shouldn't have been changed.

Like goodoldganon said, Spotdodge => D-Smash was annoying, but not breakingly so. Could you return it to normal speed, please?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'm fine with Kirby's F-Smash cooldown nerf, but PLEASE fix ROB's D-Smash!!! It used to be like the second- or third-best D-Smash in the game, but now it's crap D: (Pika and G&W's being better, maybe Zelda's)

IMO, 0.65x speed was too much of a nerf; 0.80x-0.85x would have been plenty. I mean, you could just slow down the frames with the actual hitboxes so that the move can be SDI'd out of a little easier, but keep the quick windup and cooldown so it functions as a GTFO move, and it can start up combos at lower percents.

Like goodoldganon said, Spotdodge => D-Smash was annoying, but not breakingly so. Could you speed it back up from 0.65x to at least 0.80x, please?
Why settle for .80? It was an unneeded nerf. Bring it back to normal speed. Don't attack ROB with laggy aerials and space yourself well if you don't want to eat the D-Smash so much.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
Why settle for .80? It was an unneeded nerf. Bring it back to normal speed. Don't attack ROB with laggy aerials and space yourself well if you don't want to eat the D-Smash so much.
But none of us like to space so we want an easier time not getting punished like 64.

:colorful:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i have to agree, ROBs dsmash was annoying, but it added to the threat of approaching him/staying too close. i think that given everything else in B+ 0.8 would be fine.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I don't care what they increase it to, but 0.65x speed was WAY too big a nerf...

Just be sure to nerf Pikachu's D-Smash, too....[/sarcasm]

I'm gonna have to argue against nerfing ROB's dsmash or spot dodge at all

It's not broken. It's not even close. It's just sort of annoying. It doesn't kill you. It doesn't do insane damage. It only punishes badly spaced aerials.

Now supposing you have an argument for nerfing his spot dodge other than "he can dsmash out of it", I might agree. As of now, I don't see anything on ROB that warrants changing

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'm gonna have to argue against nerfing ROB's dsmash or spot dodge at all

It's not broken. It's not even close. It's just sort of annoying. It doesn't kill you. It doesn't do insane damage. It only punishes badly spaced aerials.

Now supposing you have an argument for nerfing his spot dodge other than "he can dsmash out of it", I might agree. As of now, I don't see anything on ROB that warrants changing
Agreed. It's like Nerfing Wario's spot dodge cause he can shoulder charge out of it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
-_-

Dsmash was never ROB's best move, not in vBrawl and it's probably his worst move right now in B+.

Aside from camping, ROB's metagame mostly revolved around his fair (still does in B+). High priority and relatively low knockback, in conjunction with 10+ "jumps" if he needs to use them, keep his fair comboing into itself and make it the ultimate gimping move in the game (short of MK's dair).

Spotdodge->dsmash was just a good GTFO move. There's no need to nerf it. There are plenty of ways around it.

Just thought I should add a ROB main's perspective to the discussion.

shanus

Smash Hero
-_-

Dsmash was never ROB's best move, not in vBrawl and it's probably his worst move right now in B+.

Aside from camping, ROB's metagame mostly revolved around his fair (still does in B+). High priority and relatively low knockback, in conjunction with 10+ "jumps" if he needs to use them, keep his fair comboing into itself and make it the ultimate gimping move in the game (short of MK's dair).

Spotdodge->dsmash was just a good GTFO move. There's no need to nerf it. There are plenty of ways around it.

Just thought I should add a ROB main's perspective to the discussion.
No I know, I was just poking fun at the sidestep downsmash :p

I might just remove the nerf entirely :p

IC3R

Smash Lord
I might just remove the nerf entirely :p

Just to sweeten the deal :D

EDIT :: Oh, I found something very funny out--when you download the premade SD card off the first page, I think it has a bunch of replays dating back around January. They were definitely Brawl+ vids, but I didn't pick this up until like v3.1, back in late February/early March. D:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

But, they dont seem overly necessary as nerfs though. Ialso agree with you on the glide code and that you have a baller Ivy.
Cool, and thanks. =D

I'd like to note that all the buffs are great, all of them seem well-deserved and appropriate.

A longer spot dodge can be better or worst for a char depending on the situation. Unless the window for punishment is changed I don't think there needs to be anything done with anybodies.

Not that I think spot dodging needs to be changed at all though. :lick:

shanus

Smash Hero

Just to sweeten the deal :D

EDIT :: Oh, I found something very funny out--when you download the premade SD card off the first page, I think it has a bunch of replays dating back around January. They were definitely Brawl+ vids, but I didn't pick this up until like v3.1, back in late February/early March. D:
Yeah..... those replays will probably desync since they are all mine haha

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'll be recording the matches I play :) It'd help if you could spread the word a little on AiB.

Starscream

Smash Ace
So nobody knows why Samus/ZSS can't transform via Final Smash or taunt? I mean it's not a big deal since items aren't in competitive play but it seems like an odd thing to remove. Unless it was unintentional.

shanus

Smash Hero
So nobody knows why Samus/ZSS can't transform via Final Smash or taunt? I mean it's not a big deal since items aren't in competitive play but it seems like an odd thing to remove. Unless it was unintentional.
Has to do with the pokemon code

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
You know, it would be one thing if you were just annoying, but you don't make any sense, either. I have no idea what you're even talking about with this post. Falcon has received a grand total of zero nerfs.
umm, Captain falcon has slow move priority, his knee is harder to land, etc. That is why he is BOTTOM TIER right now. Just go to the CFalc. boards, and they will say something.

Its called COMMON SENSE, and you obviously lack it.

On topic, people really need to work on making a final codelist for Brawl+. WE NEED IT!

cman

Smash Ace
umm, Captain falcon has slow move priority, his knee is harder to land, etc. That is why he is BOTTOM TIER right now. Just go to the CFalc. boards, and they will say something.

On topic, people really need to work on making a final codelist for Brawl+. WE NEED IT!
You do realize that this is BRAWL+ right? And that Captain falcon is much better than he was in regular brawl... right?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper

Your ignorance amazes me.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
You keep telling yourself that, smart one.

Edit: I KNOW THAT THIS IS BRAWL+! HE IS STILL HURT BY THE BRAWL NERF! HE IS CERTAINLY MUCH BETTER, BUT HE CAN BE IMPROVED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom