• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I've been playing a bit of DDD recently, and I hate to say that he just doesn't feel good anymore.

I really wonder what the guys in the Backroom plan on doing with him. I think his Jab should be sped up and his ALR should be even lower...but that's just me...

Solo Climber Chaingrab lolwut?!

Almas

Smash Lord
Popo's DThrow is a chaingrab in Brawl+ as it was in vBrawl. It's certainly something we'll be considering changing, but ICs are still a very annoying character to work with.

Opinions on Dedede seem to vary, but he will probably be getting a buff or two. Speeding up his jab is one of the things that was raised from the start.

Thank you, knux, for bringing the conversation back on topic. I went away for a night to come back to find y'all are all bickering.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Give him more aerial mobility, that sounds pretty cool.

EDIT: Just a proud to be apart of the community Almas.

Solo climber dthrow CGs up to about 50% on the bigger characters, and about 30-40% on every one else I've tested against.

What's worse is that you don't really have to go anywhere to do it. You can one inch step similar to the way Dedede did against Bowser in vBrawl to infinite him until about 30%, then finish the rest of the CG off with running grabs and hit 40-50% from the middle of the stage easily. >_>

And on the Dedede issue, I think he'll need a bit more than some more ALR and a faster jab. Faster ftilt would be a start, I think. But I don't main Dedede any more for a reason. >_>

IC3R

Smash Lord
Instant full charge on Jet Hammer plz :D[/lulz]

Yeah, DDD's metagame revolved around his chaingrab and B-Air gimping. He lost the first thing, and it hurt him--BAD. B-Air is still good, though...

A little more aerial mobility would be pretty cool, but then he'd be a heavier and stronger(?) Kirby. I don't want DDD to outclass the little guy (any more, if he already does)! D:

I like the idea of a mobile, multi jumping heavy.

And honestly, Kirby is already outclassed in the air solidly by Jiggles.
What Kirby is good at is chasing and epic dair gimping. None of which a faster Dedede will be able to out do him in.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Believe me. DDD wont outclass kirby. Kirby is a gimping machine offstage. One of the best no doubt. Not to mention he is a killing machine onstage. Always un-staled Fsmash ftw

PikminEater

Smash Cadet
As a Peach main I wholeheartedly agree that she needs a Fthrow buff.

As she is now, she really only has two strong kill moves, both of which can be frustratingly difficult to land on someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Since Peach has excellent jab to grab options, a Fthrow buff would add a much needed alternative kill move to her arsenal.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Optimize his ground attacks.
Change the BKB and KBG of certain moves.

I'm just brainstorming here.

Concerning Peach's forward throw buff.
Codes to edit Knockbacks of throws has not been found yet.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Anyone else notice that Marth's ridiculous dashdance side-b by itself is better than most characters as a whole?
Yes and I love it!

But seriously...it is a bit much. I don't think it breaks Marth though...just nudges him from really, really good to amazing (like, candidate for best character amazing IMO).

Sukai

Smash Champion
He is good, but an easily countered recovery goes a long way.
vBrawl Link anyone?

Why is it called vBrawl anyway?

IC3R

Smash Lord
Alright, so the Solo Climber has a chaingrab until about 40%-50%?

Is it really that bad?

_________
The 'v' stands for "vanilla", meaning it's less flavourful than say, chocolate or strawberry...

What flavour would Brawl+ be?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Alright, so the Solo Climber has a chaingrab until about 40%-50%?

Is it really that bad?

_________
The 'v' stands for "vanilla", meaning it's less flavourful than say, chocolate or strawberry...

What flavour would Brawl+ be?
It's not really that bad, and I personally don't think it should be removed. After all...40-50% is on fast fallers, for most it's just 30%.

________
Brawl+ would definitely be Mango flavored lol.

He is good, but an easily countered recovery goes a long way.
vBrawl Link anyone?

Why is it called vBrawl anyway?
to elaborate further, "vanilla" refers to the original or unmodded version of any modded game.

IC3R

Smash Lord
It's not really that bad, and I personally don't think it should be removed. After all...40-50% is on fast fallers, for most it's just 30%.
Mmm k. I was thinking the same thing, as well; the poor solo Climber has to have something to defend itself with!

Brawl+ would definitely be Mango flavored lol.
WTF Mango? Cause Brawl+ is kinda tangy? xD

I was thinking chocolate because Brawl+ is SWEEEEEEET!

Falco's CG is gone. Pika's is gone. Dedede's is gone.
If a solo climber can CG in this style, I want them back. >_>

The Climbers have an excuse to keep their infinite. It requires Nana, and she's an idiot. This CG doesn't require that.
It can even be used to stall out until Nana is in position to perform the infinite. Being that you barely go anywhere at all for upwards of 2-3 seconds, this is quite effective.

I wouldn't even have a problem with keeping it, but forcing the Climber to at least dash to get another grab in, honestly.

Bleh. If no one else sees a problem, I'll let it go.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Mango + Chocolate + ...Salsa?

That's one hell of an ice cream cone xD

But yeah, the IC's feel a little strange; all of their Down attacks send people up...

WTF...

D-Smash wants to send out at about 15-25 degrees, and should D-Air be a semi-spike on startup?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
The single IC needs a chingrab to survive in the game. This shouldn't be changed.

Edit: WHO VOTES FOR SALSA FLAVOR????

Not sure how useful a semispike dair would be, as they already have a much safer semispike in their dtilt.

Dair semispike without a spring to save you is pretty much suicide.

Though if the IC mains really think it would be a good idea, by all means try it out.

Edit: cookieM0Nster:

I highly disagree, but if no one else does then I'll drop it, as previously stated.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Falco's CG is gone. Pika's is gone. Dedede's is gone.
If a solo climber can CG in this style, I want them back. >_>

The Climbers have an excuse to keep their infinite. It requires Nana, and she's an idiot. This CG doesn't require that.
It can even be used to stall out until Nana is in position to perform the infinite. Being that you barely go anywhere at all for upwards of 2-3 seconds, this is quite effective.

I wouldn't even have a problem with keeping it, but forcing the Climber to at least dash to get another grab in, honestly.

Bleh. If no one else sees a problem, I'll let it go.
FP on guest account

thats really what it needs to be. it still gives sopo a cg, but he has to work for it.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
The IC's Dair shouldn't fastfall, and should spike. That would make it MUCH better!

Edit: Tatsuman, I understand, but solo IC is REALLY bad. So, I think that it is fair to let one IC have a chaingrab. I agree with you that other people should get back their CG's, though.

The ICs already have a spike though.

And honestly, they aren't what I would call a character designed around spiking as one of their main killers.

Giving the ICs another spike just strikes me like giving Jigglypuff a chaingrab.
Completely against their character type to the point of becoming sort of useless.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Yeah, you are pretty much right. We should still give a solo IC a viable chaingrab. Forget my idea about the spike, IC's would be WAYYYY too broken...

Sukai

Smash Champion
I love vanilla!
More so than chocolate and strawberry.
Brawl+ is chocked full of vanilla, it's so good.

Solo IC chain grab should stay.
As I said in the poll concerning their infinites, they should keep their grab game and then we look for changes when tourney results come in.

If the Dedede issue is still being discussed, I must say that more aerial mobility is definitely the way to go to make him more efficient.
Less aerial lag is too much, he only has prominent issues in his down air, aerial lag concerned, but that doesn't need to be changed.
His ALR is perfect in my opinion.
Give him the jiggly effect, and see how that works.

Just for the record, that CG regain remark was sarcasm. xD
No idiot proof CGs please. >_>;

Especially not Dedede. God forbid another whorethrow. T-T

IC3R

Smash Lord
Still, IC's D-Smash wants to send lower...

And we can try out a DDD with the Jiggly effect, so we would have two floaties and two heavies that can weave in and out of the air. Though with how large DDD is, that'd look awkward as hell xD

I love vanilla!
More so than chocolate and strawberry.
Brawl+ is chocked full of vanilla, it's so good.

Solo IC chain grab should stay.
As I said in the poll concerning their infinites, they should keep their grab game and then we look for changes when tourney results come in.

If the Dedede issue is still being discussed, I must say that more aerial mobility is definitely the way to go to make him more efficient.
Less aerial lag is too much, he only has prominent issues in his down air, aerial lag concerned, but that doesn't need to be changed.
His ALR is perfect in my opinion.
Give him the jiggly effect, and see how that works.
Dear lord, a Jigglypuff with weight? o.O

If this is implemented, I'm totally picking up Dedede again. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom