• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
IMO, ROB could use a gimp in his Up+B, I mean, If he's not dead, he can come back to the stage, regardless of where he is.
Our current objective is to help improve any character that is currently lacking, or in need of improvement, rather than making specific tweaks to drop a characters potential when we haven't even mastered them in this meta game. If a character becomes overwhelming or in need of a nerf, we'll know in time through results and deal with it then.

On personal opinion, I'd say R.O.B. is fine.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Holy ****, fox is rediculous in brawl+. I'm not sure how to describe how he plays. I can camp all day, or I can rush like a mother. drill - u tilt u air uair lol.

D

Deleted member

Our current objective is to help improve any character that is currently lacking, or in need of improvement, rather than making specific tweaks to drop a characters potential when we haven't even mastered them in this meta game. If a character becomes overwhelming or in need of a nerf, we'll know in time through results and deal with it then.

On personal opinion, I'd say R.O.B. is fine.
Yeah, I know, just thinking out loud. Only buff and nerf the ones that really need it.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
...So when B+ is finally done, are the gonna have a B+ tier list as well as a reg. brawl tier list?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^@Rubyiris. Just wait till you see what happens when the catch you (lol).

...So when B+ is finally done, are the gonna have a B+ tier list as well as a reg. brawl tier list?
Yeah, but it'll take a while (we need the metagame to...develop before we can judge characters' metagames)

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
IMO, ROB could use a gimp in his Up+B, I mean, If he's not dead, he can come back to the stage, regardless of where he is. Maybe he shouldn't snap to the ledge at all while in Up+B.
Not exactly. A character who can go off stage with confidence can just play keep away with ROB. Hit him back out with an aerial and force his fuel to run dry and he has nothing.

His recovery reminds me of Jiggly. With DI and Bair ROB can get to the stage without using his jump or Up B if he is high enough. Jiggly similarly can DI and rising pound back to the stage if she is high up and not have to jump. Both very hard to gimp but it is doable. You can force Jiggly to run out of jumps with smart play off stage and leave her with nothing. Just like you can force ROB to stay off stage too long.
Yeah, you aren't going to gimp either character often if at all, but it is possible.

I will say that I like MK's tornado the way it is... I never thought it needed any nerfing. Every character has at least one thing they can do against it and it is your fault if you get hit with hit. Shield it, use a move that beats it (again every character has something that does...) or whatever; point is, it isn't like some stupidly gay move that makes the game uncompetitive. Yeah on a stage like Mansion it becomes very hard to do something about it but isn't that the point of the counterpicking system? To give your character an advantage if you just lost the last match? Why not just strike Mansion from the list and not worry about it at all?

I'm just saying... my vote would go towards keeping the tornado as it is.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
After playing Sonic some more I feel he definitely needs more help than Lucas. He lacks options and doesn't deal well with a lot of situations. I can name tons of characters who have a good advantage against him, one of them being Lucas. His bad matchups are horrible, and such a far gap is really unhealthy.

My previous ideas aren't possible, so I'm bringing it to attention again. Sonic could use more lag reduction, and a faster Dsmash (For using its sweetspot to kill and techchase with). Being conservative here, other moves that could potentially use speeding up are dash attack(Less ending lag for better follow-ups), Jab, and homing attack.

I personally think Sonic is overestimated as a character. Every matchup is an uphill battle, and its surprisingly hard to gain momentum with him. His priority alone should make him deserving of buffs. Theres just not much appeal to Sonic when he has so many bad matchups and the few good matchups he does have other characters take advantage of better.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I think that Fox may be over powered. I've played with him for like an hour, lol, and I push like 4 buttons and they take 70% damage. His combos are simple, powerful, and pretty much require no skill. He seems much faster than he was in Melee running-wise, which allows him to laser camp extremely effectively. I'm going to upload some videos of my findings later on.

Oh; Marth is a bit of a tough match up. Once Marth finds an opening, Fox loses a stock. The problem is that Fox can just combo all dai and run away like a *****. MK is a tough match too, from the little experience I had against him. I think a good MK player should be able to **** face, since Fox can't reliably escape once either character gets in his face.

Fox has less recovery options than he does in Melee, which poses an even bigger problem when attempting to retreat from Marth of MK.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
So you claim that fox may be OP, then give two clear examples of counters as well as stating he has worse recovery options than in melee. Um... what?

And also, fox becomes easier and easier to deal with the more you play. You (or I guess more specifically, the people you play against) probably are just not used yet to DIing his combos, but you will soon find that fox isn't that much better than the rest of the cast.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Hey, he/she is new and we get this complaint/observation a lot.

Anyway, yes as Leaf said, Fox seems wildly OP at first but he really is kinda 'noob' friendly (once again, at first.) As you play more and more you will learn how to DI his combos more effectively as well as the other characters. I don't want to sound rude, but you do know all about DI right?

Fox is a good character, no one argues that. He's just easy to pick up at first. You'll get used to it.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Try recopying the code or reuploading it to the SD card. It's a long shot but maybe the code got messed up when it went onto the SD card. Or you screwed up a copy and paste job from the original code.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Too many freezes have happened for that to be the cause. This is the first Plussery codeset to freeze on me.

shanus

Smash Hero
I believe we will be updating it at some point soon. The updated set I've been using now (and distributing to a wide group of individuals) has yet to crash for anyone so far.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hey, he/she is new and we get this complaint/observation a lot.

Anyway, yes as Leaf said, Fox seems wildly OP at first but he really is kinda 'noob' friendly (once again, at first.) As you play more and more you will learn how to DI his combos more effectively as well as the other characters. I don't want to sound rude, but you do know all about DI right?

Fox is a good character, no one argues that. He's just easy to pick up at first. You'll get used to it.
Lol@DI comment. I've known about DI since SSB64. It should be one of the first thing anyone, casual, or competitive ever learns. Just through playing the game you pick it up. The thing about Fox's combos are that even with DI, because of hit stun, and his priority being pretty decent, he can simply chase after them.

His Forward B was definitely buffed compared to Melee. His recovery may have improved as well, but he feels more limited compared to Melee. I'm not sure if it's brawl, or just me, but I don't think Fox in Brawl can sweet spot his Fore Fox from above the stage, he always goes past the edge. He also has less options from getting up from the ledge than he does in Melee without being able to jump out of shine, or waveland. Not like either need to be implemented or not. On the ledge, it's cramped, and it feels as though he as too limited options of recovery.

B+ Fox reminds me alot of Melee Falco. Excellent Mobility, and combo potential against every character regardless of DI. Even if 1 follow up is rendered useless by DI, there's always another option. If there are no follow ups, it's always an option just to laser to rack up damage, which is also hard to punish due to it being lagless, and Fox's mobility. However, despite the advantages, when they manage to get in close, and out range, or out-prioritize him, and begin to set up their own combos, or simply put him in an unfavorable position, he seems to have very limited ways of returning the momentum in his favor. It often feels as though simply surrendering the stock at that point is the better option, and attempt to reclaim the momentum from neutral ground.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Why aren't there enough videos of people playing the Higher Tier characters? I mean, yeah, it's great to see a lot of Lower Tier characters getting better with the codes but relatively, how well do they really stack against the Top/High Tiers+? I'm afraid that some of these codes may cause a bigger imbalance in the game than initially perceived...

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Why aren't there enough videos of people playing the Higher Tier characters? I mean, yeah, it's great to see a lot of Lower Tier characters getting better with the codes but relatively, how well do they really stack against the Top/High Tiers+? I'm afraid that some of these codes may cause a bigger imbalance in the game than initially perceived...
We played from about 5 to 8. Out of that time we tested:

MK
DDD
Snake
Falco
Wario
Rob
Marth
Fox
C. Falcon
Ike
DK
ZSS
Mario
Wolf

Out of the characters, we spent at least an hour on:

MK
Marth
Fox

Out of the characters we played, the only ones out of the high/top tiers I can give oppinions on are

MK
Marth

MK doesn't seem too much different, if at all from his Brawl counterpart. The biggest difference is that it's much easier to gimp characters with MK than before. We hardly use down smash, so it being slower than the norm has no affect on our play styles. MK is more than likely still the best character for Brawl+.

Marth is buffed IMO. Without ASSL, Marth's edgeguarding game gets a huge buff, plus with no stale moves, all of his attacks not only retain their decent combo abilities, but his ko prowess never diminish. It's extremely easy to KO with Marth, it's ridiculous. He's definitely still high/top tier material.

Me, and my testing partners are nowhere near good enough with any of the top tier/high tier characters, with the exception of Falco, with Falco being my main, along with Ike.

Falco took a big hit losing his ridiculous chain grab, but with this code set his movility increased 10 fold. His laser game improved exponentially. He moves much quicker, and further with his lasers, making it possible not only to camp, but to approach with them. He still has a terrible time KOing, but with his laser game, and no stale moves, it doesn't matter. All he has to do is either play gay, or keep up the pressure. He has decent range, and alot of priority. Even without a free 50% from chain grabbing, he can deal the same damage in a negligible amount of time regardless.

I'll hopefully be getting in more testing tomorrow. I'll keep the boards updated with my opinions, and observations.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I've asked for MK and Snake videos. But no one really plays them anymore.

I do see Falcos and D3s. I play Marth. I see No GaW's. No Lucarios. Barely Wario. No Olimar. Some ROB.

We need more mainers/players of these characters in B+ to support and showcase them. :/

Falco took a big hit losing his ridiculous chain grab, but with this code set his movility increased 10 fold. His laser game improved exponentially. He moves much quicker, and further with his lasers, making it possible not only to camp, but to approach with them. He still has a terrible time KOing, but with his laser game, and no stale moves, it doesn't matter. All he has to do is either play gay, or keep up the pressure. He has decent range, and alot of priority. Even without a free 50% from chain grabbing, he can deal the same damage in a negligible amount of time regardless.
Try comboing with Falco.

Rofl. Like Ike, he take really good advantage of failed techs.

let me direct you to one of my "Why B+" videos. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBbrggDX-q4

EDIT: **** Forgot I already posted.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I've asked for MK and Snake videos. But no one really plays them anymore.

I do see Falcos and D3s. I play Marth. I see No GaW's. No Lucarios. Barely Wario. No Olimar. Some ROB.

We need more mainers/players of these characters in B+ to support and showcase them. :/
Working on it. RE5 and Madworld take up my time now but when I get back into it I'm going full tilt with Wario and Snake.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'll be sure to get some videos up sometime this weekend. I'll be sure to show plenty of footage of most of the top/high/mid tiers. There will be some low tiers, since I have to rep my secondaries. <3 Zelda/ Ike.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I have a question...Is this game tourney legal. Is there even a such thing as that, I want to clear something up with someone...

Also I think Hitstun should be slightly higher...With that teching code+ learning to DI 8.4 or w/e doesnt feel like its right. I would go for 8.75 and test that with the teching code.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I have a question...Is this game tourney legal. Is there even a such thing as that, I want to clear something up with someone...
...You can have tourneys for anything. <_>

Even mods/hacks of a PC/Console game. They're just needs to be a venue and people willing to pay/attend.

B+ is definitely capable of having full/side tourneys. Hell. It was "capable" back in the WD/S-Canceling/High hitstun.

The only things illegal in a tourney are what a TO declares illegal, and those illegal things are usually IN the game, and not the game itself. TOs can forbid B+, but that's a personal decision albeit a stupid one, imo.

Does that answer your question?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
A few comments I'd like to make:
1. It feels really hard to jump.
2. You can't airdodge in falling state (even when hitstun is over)
3. you can't tech in falling state
4. This game is fun.

I'll see if I can post some vids of the IC+.
EDIT: I got a game freeze during a falco vs. ROB match on FD

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I would just like to point out some glitches I found while playing the last Brawl+ 3.3 beta.

1. ROB'S grounded Forward B launches him ridiculously far

2. If you hit someone or something(Their shield) with your up-B near an edge, your autosweet spot magically returns, but only after you've hit them.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Both are known bugs, but thanks anyways. If you find anything else (especially things that seem to lead to freezing issues), please share the info (BTW, I love your Youtube videos).

As for kackamee, these differences you noticed are purposeful, casued by some new codes to give more options, preventing accidental airdodges when trying to tech (you should be able to tech out of tumble, you got your timing right?). Remember that it just takes a flick of the control stick in any direction to get out of tumble once hitstun is done, so you can escape it and airdodge if you want to.

shanus

Smash Hero
Most of my crew mainly plays the higher tiers. I don't upload many videos to youtube though.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I think the OP should have a space to address known bugs and oddities, so that they're not being constantly brought up all the time.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
2. If you hit someone or something(Their shield) with your up-B near an edge, your autosweet spot magically returns, but only after you've hit them.
I don't think this is a problem. I actually think it's a unique and useful game feature.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I still whole heartedly wish for Auto Sweet Spot to still be part of the game. Besides new stages, and an expanded character roster, this was the one feature I enjoyed the most.

matt4300

Smash Ace
I still whole heartedly wish for Auto Sweet Spot to still be part of the game. Besides new stages, and an expanded character roster, this was the one feature I enjoyed the most.
Then turn it off... No one here feels the same way. Auto sweet spot destroys the edge game...

I don't think this is a problem. I actually think it's a unique and useful game feature.

agreed, this is just something new to smash and its pretty cool.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Then turn it off... No one here feels the same way. Auto sweet spot destroys the edge game...

agreed, this is just something new to smash and its pretty cool.
Yet a good majority of the characters in the game don't need to stay on the stage to edgeguard. Your argument isn't very sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom