• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Whoa, people, calm down.

He can Ken combo. You can lightning kick. Disregarding DI, both are possible. Please don't turn this into a discussion about who's better or something.
Um. What? I had no intention of claiming or insinuating that I was better or worse in any fashion. I'm simply making a point that he likely landed that combo because his opponent messed up big time, where as in my example, I don't need to mess up to land my combos reliably. That's the difference, and it pertains to the point I made on why Marth can't combo very well.

Almas, be quiet.

:chuckle:

kupo15

Smash Hero
misc changes -
scar jumping: why is everyone calling it scar jumping? its WALL Jumping. it just needs to be fixed and be like it was in melee. its not too big a deal though. it would take too many lines at this point
Chibo, I hate to point this out but I feel like I must and I am trying to be as sincere as I can when I say this. Have you been keeping up with this project? The reason I ask is because if you really have been, you would have known that this code has already been made and is in fact.....1 line.

btw, its not just walljumping. Vbrawl has walljumping. We...have scar jumping..

In case you don't know what scar jumping is, its this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPeKvrjfRxA

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I think a Bowser tilt fix would be a nice compensation for the shield stun nerfing his OOS options slightly. I personally already see Bowser as a painful char to fight as he just seems to take twice as long to kill, but I am all for making a moveset adjustment that will make him a real offensive threat.

Also, with a knockback angle code out of the question I am thinking of new feasible buffs for Sonic. 25-35% ALR would increase his options with Nair Dair and Fair so he isn't such a DI- dependant combo'er, and a faster DSmash could be very useful as a sweetspot kill move to techchase with along with a few other situations.

Other things I was thinking of was a faster jab, homing attack and Usmash, though those would be a little less influential to his metagame and really just add more to pressure than anything else. The other ideas I had for buffing Sonic don't seem to be possible so I'm kind of searching for scraps here. I really came out of vBrawl hoping he'd be fun to play, but the more I play him the more straightforward he gets.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I've been playing with Bowser's dtilt and utilt sped up to 2x, and he feels good. His utilt can actually start small combos now, and his dtilt is great for edgeguarding and serves as a quick gtfo move.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Limited space is not an excuse for the exclusion of codes. The bottom line is we can't stop at where we are at now, and start cutting corners to make room for things. We can, but eventually we will start subtracting from the important and vital aspects of our current code list. We're already starting to. We can't do that. We have to get Gecko 2.0 or an equivalent working one way or another. So why exclude a part of the mechanics that will likely be important in the future for the sake of cutting the fat off?

A camera might be more worthwhile, but it won't change the way you play the game ultimately.
CountKaiser has already mentioned this, but is there even any concrete assurance that Gecko 2.0 will come out at all? The Brawl+ community needs to account for the fact that 256 may always be the limit. For that reason, it might be prudent to rank the codes in terms of priority, possibly cross-referenced by length. In this way, we can maximize the number of high-priority codes given the amount of space available. I think this is really important, and at least will make it easier to release something reasonable without having to wait around on our bums for something to come out that may or may not happen.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Solved the Momentum capture problem in the EU version, just put C0423850 instead of C04283D8 in the second line.

Ulevo

Smash Master
CountKaiser has already mentioned this, but is there even any concrete assurance that Gecko 2.0 will come out at all? The Brawl+ community needs to account for the fact that 256 may always be the limit. For that reason, it might be prudent to rank the codes in terms of priority, possibly cross-referenced by length. In this way, we can maximize the number of high-priority codes given the amount of space available. I think this is really important, and at least will make it easier to release something reasonable without having to wait around on our bums for something to come out that may or may not happen.
I feel that if the Brawl Plus community was motivated enough to make this whole project come together, and happen as effectively as it has, a solution or alternative will be found for the current problem we face with the 256 line cap.

But even assuming there is a possibility we won't find a solution (and yes, this is possible), we can't just stop making codes. We need to keep producing in order to improve, so that if a solution is found for a current predicament, we're already ahead of the curve and ready to implement. I realize that right now because we're tight on space, we need to sacrifice less needed codes here and there... But not codes that are part of the mechanics or engine we use for every character.

In either case, I'm simply ranting at this point.

Almas

Smash Lord
If the fix works, it works. I have NO idea how you discovered the solution (but you looked in the right place), but yeah. Stupid r2.

I think eventually a suitable version of GeckoOS which gives us the lines we need is almost certain. The timing is what we don't know. Definitely atleast a couple months, but hopefully no longer than that.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
When it does come, will it be like a mega update? I mean, I assume you guys know exactly what you intend to do with the extra space, so I'm just imagining a bucket full of changes all at once shortly after the code space becomes available. Are you all still working on buffs/nerfs that will be used, or are you going to rest until your work will be used.

I'm mostly just curious as all you hackers work so much I worry that you don't enjoy the Brawl+ you made for all of us enough.

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
No AD in tumble makes it too easy to get comboed.

And I randomly find the game not letting me jump when I'm recovering. Yes, I did still have my second jump.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I'm assuming if two people have the same exact codeset online play would be possible. Anybody wanna try it out with me?

Almas

Smash Lord
A lot of people have mentioned that, Ade. To be honest, it's hard to tell if it's a glitch from B+, one of Brawl's glitches (which is more noticable because now edgeguarding exists), or maybe accidents.

Online play should be possible.

I'm thinking the reason behind desynchs between NTSC/PAL might be the distance, not the codes themselves. If I'm right in thinking that desynchs were originally caused by the extra processor load the codes cause, then it would make sense that more lag would result in more desynchs, especially now some of the codes are kinda taxing on the processor (the most notable one is the framespeed change - you might not NOTICE the change, but the amount of comparisons made is quite large).

Of course, the fact that the PAL momentum code was slightly borked is also quite likely to have caused this problem. It's hard to say.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
By the way, on the code agenda spunit updated a bunch of the newer codes, so you guys may want to replace any of those codes with the new versions.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I also had a freeze within seconds of getting ready to try out the codes. I also was one of the people using the beta versions of Beta 3.3, so it must be something pretty new.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
And I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that posting a video of Brawl+ locking up on youtube probably isn't great for our rep. as a community. I'm sure you meant no harm, but I think it would be best if you didn't do that again.

Oh and that was a very mean Mario, nicely done!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
What level were you playing Trojan? Maybe it has something to do with frozen levels seeing as how they were playing on Warioware.

Sucks about the glitch, but yeah nice Mario.

HeKn_402

Smash Rookie
I have a Quick question, will the change in mk's tornado return in the future? It's pretty cool to me, and it helped give me some pretty sweet combos. I just wanted it to be in consideration, Thanx for the awsome project guys!!

Ulevo

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI6DWZ9h_x8 For those who have doubts about marth @_@
I had no doubts pertaining to Marth and his potential. I was outlining his lack of combo potential, or ability to set up efficiently.

0:27 - Marth was able to Dthrow to Dancing Blade in Brawl, nothing new, and the DI was rather terrible there. He should have DI'd away from Marth and down to escape the Dancing Blade.

0:45 - This isn't new either. Marth had a Fthrow to Dair Spike on the entire cast from 0%.

0:51 - The main reason this combo worked was because of how low the percentage was. At mid percents, Fair sends to far to effectively link to too many things. It also sends downwards with the new gravity, which can be teched easily. A rare occurrence.

1:17 - Utilt is one of the few moves that can combo effectively, but it is hard to position. In either case, this circumstance only met in death because the Ganon didn't tech after the Bair.

Needless to say, this video doesn't prove very much other than the fact that Chibo didn't tech properly, and was caught in a few combos that already worked in vBrawl or were very circumstantial.

Almas

Smash Lord
Eh, I missed the window of opportunity to watch that video.

Can you tell me exactly what was going on in game? Did any specific button input cause the crash?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
How gose PT in brawl +. Noone use him:(

Squirtle is Top tier I believe:chuckle:
Ivysuar is awesome. I don't know if hes top tier but he just has great follow-ups for like every situation.

As my friend once said, "Once he gets you in, theres no escape!" :laugh:

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Ivysuar is awesome. I don't know if hes top tier but he just has great follow-ups for like every situation.

As my friend once said, "Once he gets you in, theres no escape!" :laugh:
Good to know, I expect Squirtle to be the same.

Charizard probaly got nerfed.:(

GPDP

Smash Ace
You guys are gonna have to shift around the code priorities to accommodate the teching code. I propose to get rid of FF in tumble.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Any specific reason why the B+ chat isnt working for me?

It says "Closing Link: Maestro26 by WebIRC.GameSurge.net (G-lined)" in pretty, bold red letters.

EDIT: and I have some videos that I'm much too lazy to upload. Can I send them to someone?
Tell me was codeset your using and i would be happy to record them for you

and no, i dont know whats wrong with your chat, its working fine for me

lamelikemike

Smash Cadet
just had another freeze with the latest code, I was Wolf, CPU was mario, i missed him with a laser and he hit me with a fireball, in the instant just after it hit me, the game froze, the smoke animation was in its first few frames.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I froze during a diddy Ivy match today. (me ivy, cpu diddy)

BTW charzard needs something.....I think faster tilts would do the trick.....

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
i think they just sped up the animation where their bouncing off the ground so that you cant pull off another jab in time. Im not positive tho.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
A lot of people have mentioned that, Ade. To be honest, it's hard to tell if it's a glitch from B+, one of Brawl's glitches (which is more noticable because now edgeguarding exists), or maybe accidents.

Online play should be possible.

I'm thinking the reason behind desynchs between NTSC/PAL might be the distance, not the codes themselves. If I'm right in thinking that desynchs were originally caused by the extra processor load the codes cause, then it would make sense that more lag would result in more desynchs, especially now some of the codes are kinda taxing on the processor (the most notable one is the framespeed change - you might not NOTICE the change, but the amount of comparisons made is quite large).

Of course, the fact that the PAL momentum code was slightly borked is also quite likely to have caused this problem. It's hard to say.
I have NTSC-US and live in Austria (Europe) i play against someone in Germany (neighborland) who has PAL and it desynced.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Guys, with 3.3, have you seen how far ROBs Side-B goes? Is it intentional? Seriously, he goes 3/4ths of the way across FD. D:
It was a side effect as a result of the momentum code. Other things have been slightly altered, such as Ganons aerial Murder Choke. However, I don't feel this is necessarily a problem, and I like the addition personally.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Can we PLEASE get someone to take that off of Sonic's B moves though!!

I mean seriously, I really like momentum and all, but I cannot stress enough that Sonic can no longer combo from his spindash jump (down B on the ground and then jump) because his momentum does not cancel when he leaves the spindash state anymore.

I know it's going to be a tricky fix, because of how funky Sonic's B moves are, but I also know that it should be simple to make it so that only Sonic is affected by the fix (if we like how it affects the other B moves)

So to outline my fix very, very clearly. This is what I want (and what existed before the momentum code).

When Sonic cancels his spindash jump (which is just jumping out of a rolling spindash) with an aerial, his momentum should revert to his normal airspeed.

Things to be warry of when making the fix. Sonic's spins go through many "phase changes" when transferring from the air to the ground (and vice versa). Here are all of the known phase changes, starting from a generic down B while on a platform.

1a. Do a side B. Go to step 2a.

or

1a. Do a down B on the ground. Go to step 2b. They are the same move.

or

1c. Do a do down B in the air. Go to step 3. They are the same move.

2a. Spindash hop-during the first frame after releasing the spindash, you can spinshot. During the rest of the hop (if you didn't spinshot) you can jump cancel. When the hop hits the ground it becomes (100% literally) spindash roll. Go to step 2b.

2b. Grounded-spin dash roll. From this you can spindash jump, turn around, or just continue rolling.
3.Rolling off the platform-the move becomes (I mean that 100% literally) aerial down B. on the frame you roll of the platform you can spinshot. For every frame after you can jump cancel.
4. Landing on the ground-if you hold shield while landing you can shield cancel. If you don't the move becomes (once again, literally) spin dash roll

After the fix comes out, these are the things that I'm worried about being effected (since their all tied to the same two B moves), and I don't want any side effects stemming to phases beyond "spindash jump." Keep this in mind when making the fix.

And testers, keep this in mind when testing the fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom