• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Also Chibo, why would you want the whorenado vert nerf back in over flimsy armor? Flimsy armor is a WAY bigger nerf than the whorenado one.
The 'nado nerf removes one of his best recovery options, and removes a potentially easy 0-death on characters with uair uair uair uair uair tornado

its easily debatable which is a bigger nerf. cant u just do the nado one then make him lighter or something to die earlier that way?

Marth is perfectly fine right now. Yes, Dancing Blade does a lot of damage without decay, but Marth also does not combo very well in comparison to everyone else. This makes up for that.
WOW! Have you played a good Marth? Doesn't combo well!? WHAT!? I'm sorry but thats kind of ridiculous for someone to say. I'll have to get more matches of me v Vex up tonight (specifically his Marth then I guess). I only have one recent vid of us up now which is Sonic v Marth on Luigi's Mansion when we were trying banned stages lol. Obviously on such a stage like that he won't be able to combo that well. I'll need to put up the Marth ditto we did where he 4 stocked me in like a minute and some Marth v Falco which is surprisingly similar to how the matchup played out in Melee.

Even if his combo ability isn't as good as some of the amazing combo'ers out there like Falcon or something, lets also not forget Marth's prime edgeguarding ability, meteor, crazy upB of godliness, and more. He's an amazing character, and should stay this way, but I think he just do a lil less damage, since the damage he does, especially with overB is kind of insane.

Edit: Oh yea, i forgot to mention, there is no move decay in Brawl+

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Also Chibo, why would you want the whorenado vert nerf back in over flimsy armor? Flimsy armor is a WAY bigger nerf than the whorenado one.
Doesn't Flimsy Armor just make MK take more damage? Why not just replace Flimsy Armor with the whorenado nerf and reduce MK's weight further?

shanus

Smash Hero
Doesn't Flimsy Armor just make MK take more damage? Why not just replace Flimsy Armor with the whorenado nerf and reduce MK's weight further?
Flimsy armor makes him take a LOT more knockback. Its what makes him die so quickly right now. The nado nerf will be reinstated when we have the room.

Almas

Smash Lord
This feedback is great, guys. We're currently considering removing the AD in tumble code pending feedback, and the tech fix seems ineffective so we may also be removing this. This would allow us to put back in some nifty stuff like the tornado nerf.

The PAL bug report is interesting. I'm not quite sure what's causing it, but I'll certainly have a look. If any other PAL players have bugs to report, please send me a message on the boards so that I know just what to look for.

Your crash glitches seem to be the glitch caused by holding a direction when you enter the victory screen. This bug is currently in all the versions - we aren't completely certain what's causing it =/.

kupo15

Smash Hero
You dont even play the character.

Bowser is extremely defensive based and by allowing him to take less damage he can get more opportunities to punish people and hard. This code is very beneficial to Bowser and the only real changes he needs after this is the winddown on his tilts.
I don't need to play the character to have someone convince me why it doesn't help. This code doesn't do anything to fix his flaws. Go to the broom and your'll see
You already admitted to me you don't play bowser, We fix his tilts slightly with thick skin and he will be perfect.
See above.
let me and cape fix him here :-P.
I'd rather not
We're currently considering removing the AD in tumble code pending feedback, and the tech fix seems ineffective so we may also be removing this. This would allow us to put back in some nifty stuff like the tornado nerf.
Noo. You should give it more time..its great! =/

shanus

Smash Hero
I don't need to play the character to have someone convince me why it doesn't help. This code doesn't do anything to fix his flaws. Go to the broom and your'll see

See above.I'd rather not

Noo. You should give it more time..its great! =/
Your post in the BRoom adds no evidence whatsoever besides a MOD who doesn't play bowser saying the same thing you said lol. It adds no weight to the argument whatsoever. I even posted in the boozer forums and they love the idea of the fixed tilts. People are playing with the fixed tilts I made right now and are loving it so far as well.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I agree with the tilts addition, not the Bowser armor and new physics. I think we could use that space for better buffs

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
it seems that working with characters were buffing and nerfing the wrong characters. nerfs should only be brought to thehighest chars (mainly mk) and extremely broken/game breaking techniques like the ICs chain grab and stuff. we then need to buff the weaker characters up to high tier level. we need to make a temp tier list based on our current thoughts and then work on enhancing the worst characters and mid tiers.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
WOW! Have you played a good Marth? Doesn't combo well!? WHAT!? I'm sorry but thats kind of ridiculous for someone to say. I'll have to get more matches of me v Vex up tonight (specifically his Marth then I guess). I only have one recent vid of us up now which is Sonic v Marth on Luigi's Mansion when we were trying banned stages lol. Obviously on such a stage like that he won't be able to combo that well. I'll need to put up the Marth ditto we did where he 4 stocked me in like a minute and some Marth v Falco which is surprisingly similar to how the matchup played out in Melee.

Even if his combo ability isn't as good as some of the amazing combo'ers out there like Falcon or something, lets also not forget Marth's prime edgeguarding ability, meteor, crazy upB of godliness, and more. He's an amazing character, and should stay this way, but I think he just do a lil less damage, since the damage he does, especially with overB is kind of insane.

Quite honestly though, Marth is more susceptible to being edgeguarded because his recovery is still predictable and the lack of ASL makes edgehogging him that much easier.

Dancing Blade is a good damage builder, but it is not that strong. Its easier to combo into, but it still has its weaknesses. I don't think it warrents a nerf. Marth is just one of those characters that's fine as he is and needs no tinkering.

Yes. And we all know there is no move decay.

:034:

Smash Hero
I, too, have tried the PAL version and I must say it works really well. I've had no crashes at all. I added one code to the .txt file in the first post, the ability to play with only one player in versus mode.

I've also gotten the momentum problem: Jumping to the left often goes much farther than to the right. Not with all characters, though, but that's probably because they haven't gotten any extra momentum (I got the same for left and right with Marth and Ike).

One character-specific thing, when grabbing someone in midair with Ganondorf's flame choke, the momentum is extremely carried over... You literally fly away. Which screws up Ganoncides a lot. Can this be fixed? Is it present in the US version?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I, too, have tried the PAL version and I must say it works really well. I've had no crashes at all. I added one code to the .txt file in the first post, the ability to play with only one player in versus mode.

I've also gotten the momentum problem: Jumping to the left often goes much farther than to the right. Not with all characters, though, but that's probably because they haven't gotten any extra momentum (I got the same for left and right with Marth and Ike).

One character-specific thing, when grabbing someone in midair with Ganondorf's flame choke, the momentum is extremely carried over... You literally fly away. Which screws up Ganoncides a lot. Can this be fixed? Is it present in the US version?
It is. And I think "screw up" is the wrong phrase. You have more ways to kill on stage. It's like bowser's flying slam really. Suicide from on stage, recover off stage.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the infos, Almas :)
Anyway, about the momentum which doesn't work for MK and D3, is it normal ? (I mean in US version).
Since the tech window code doesn't make any difference, I think this would be better if we remove it.
If Gecko 2 is released we'll maybe try to make a really good one, but currently this is better withtout it. However, I'd like the no AD while tumble code to be kept. This would not be a big problem if it's not, but this is cool and useful imo ^^

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I'm glad that PAL players have finally gotten to taste the awesomeness of brawl+ :) Good work Paprika and Almas and everyone else who participated.

:034:

Smash Hero
It is. And I think "screw up" is the wrong phrase. You have more ways to kill on stage. It's like bowser's flying slam really. Suicide from on stage, recover off stage.
That's true, it'll be easier to do a suicide kill from on the stage... But offstage, I could just grab the ledge with Flame Choke to recover.

Oh, right, I've been having trouble getting used to teching... It doesn't feel as natural as it did in Melee.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Quite honestly though, Marth is more susceptible to being edgeguarded because his recovery is still predictable and the lack of ASL makes edgehogging him that much easier.

Dancing Blade is a good damage builder, but it is not that strong. Its easier to combo into, but it still has its weaknesses. I don't think it warrents a nerf. Marth is just one of those characters that's fine as he is and needs no tinkering.

Yes. And we all know there is no move decay.
I totally agree with you.
Marth needs no nerfs, he still has his weaknesses (not-so-easy punishing moves, etc.)

For instance, my brother (who`s not very good when it comes to offense) mastered teching (gets really annoying xD) and I`m having hard time combo-ing his Pikachu.
Marth is NOT overpowered, he beats me at times (about 1/3 games, but I`ve got to focus like a monster and play defensively to win).

I get combo'ed pretty easily against Pikachu, I think I already went up to 60% because I got seriously mind gamed. And I still think he needs no nerf. Seriously, people have to look at METAKNIGHT before calling any character BROKEN.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
To all the Lucas players -- please give these new tweaks a hearty play-testing and let me know what you think.

The utilt speed up gives him more vertical combo opportunities (suggested by a Lucas main on our forums, Hambone. It works well), and the momentum helps him with his lack of range and high knockback (too low for killing, not great for combos) on many of his arials, generating some horizontal combos.

Lastly, the grab tweak lessens the "smash me" cool down, but is still balanced with a slow opening hitbox -- this was the number one complaint of Lucas players in vBrawl on their forums, so it's good to see this addressed.

SCOTU, I'm especially interested in your opinions, as I believe you thought he "sucked" previously.

Ulevo

Smash Master
The 'nado nerf removes one of his best recovery options, and removes a potentially easy 0-death on characters with uair uair uair uair uair tornado

its easily debatable which is a bigger nerf. cant u just do the nado one then make him lighter or something to die earlier that way?

Chibo, with all do respect, you don't seem to know what you're talking about. And I mean that in the most polite way possible.

RDB does 17% on average, and tipped hits will only do 1% more at best. BDB is difficult to hit with safely as BDB4 often misses, and GDB4 is easy to SDI out of.

Lets forget Combos characters can do, despite the fact that I could name off two or three for almost every character easily that will do more than 17% and are easy to set up. Snakes Ftilt alone does like what, 23%? Where are you getting the idea Marth does too much damage? I agree it is a good damage dealing move, but it isn't overpowering. If anything, the best improvement Marth has received has been a safe kill move in the form of RDB and BDB. He's pretty much the same otherwise.

And you act as if you're surprised that I stated the truth about his combo potential. What is it that he can combo with? And what of those moves are actually safe to use or efficient to set up? This isn't Melee Marth. Most of his attacks push to far back, and do not string together. Out of all the characters in Brawl, Marth is one of the few that has changed the least. It isn't that he is dwarfed in comparison for combos by "crazy combo users", it's that he literally has next to no combo game.

His Meteor is garbage.

His Dolphin Slash has lost usefulness as well. Now that hit stun is added in to the factor, and we're no longer using "strings", Marth cannot actually escape most damage dealing methods because these are true combos and he's locked in hit stun during the process. Not to mention shield stun waters down the use of it being used OoS. It's still a good move, but it wasn't "godliness" before, and it's worse than it was before.

I speak of these things as a previously dedicated and respectable Marth main. I've put more time in to Marth in Melee and Brawl than I have for any other character.

it seems that working with characters were buffing and nerfing the wrong characters. nerfs should only be brought to thehighest chars (mainly mk) and extremely broken/game breaking techniques like the ICs chain grab and stuff. we then need to buff the weaker characters up to high tier level. we need to make a temp tier list based on our current thoughts and then work on enhancing the worst characters and mid tiers.
Why bother making such a list though? If there are overly obvious problems with characters, then fixing them comes first. But it is easier to identify a seemingly poor character then it is to identify an overpowered or broken character, unless that said character is absolutely ludicrous (which no one is).

I'm not saying we shouldn't tweak characters for balancing, I just think going off on a limb before we even know how the characters truly work in this new environment is a mistake.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I got a freeze in the newest codeset. US Version. Match just started with Yoshi and another player on Castle Siege. No idea why.

kupo15

Smash Hero
i hate the no AD in tumble code. i turned it off.
I absolutely love it and I'm keeping it on. Its too bad you never even gave it a chance. I don't know why you never turned hitstun off a while back with that mentality and this code isn't even as restricting.

Of all the people who dislike this code, what hit stun level do you use?

Ulevo

Smash Master
I absolutely love it and I'm keeping it on. Its too bad you never even gave it a chance. You should have turned hitstun off a while back with that mentality.
I concur. It just means you need to be mindful of when you're falling back to the stage. Adds an extra element to the game, and I think it is exciting.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Marth's Fair is still a great combo move and he can combo into Dair which is easier to spike with now b/c combos (like the knee).

I do not think Marth needs to be nerfed, but saying he has "next to no combo game" is somewhat ridiculous.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I got a freeze in the newest codeset. US Version. Match just started with Yoshi and another player on Castle Siege. No idea why.
Are you sure its a legit freeze and not just it taking a day because you changed costumes on all four players at once? I get no freezing

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Are you sure its a legit freeze and not just it taking a day because you changed costumes on all four players at once? I get no freezing
It was the "Game locked up in the middle of the match, loud buzzing noise, had to hold power button for five seconds" kind of lockup. I'm quite sure.

And actually, the loading times seem pretty good right now. I had some pretty slow loading in older codesets, but maybe I'm imagining things.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I absolutely love it and I'm keeping it on. Its too bad you never even gave it a chance. I don't know why you never turned hitstun off a while back with that mentality and this code isn't even as restricting.

Of all the people who dislike this code, what hit stun level do you use?
I concur. It just means you need to be mindful of when you're falling back to the stage. Adds an extra element to the game, and I think it is exciting.
Agreed. It really adds quite a bit a depth :)

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Yes, it adds an extra element, but is it really necessary?

Not only that, but No AD during tumble prevents me from using the camera mod, which I think is infinitely more useful.

kupo15

Smash Hero

Not only that, but No AD during tumble prevents me from using the camera mod, which I think is infinitely more useful.
I can fit the camera mod, but then again, I unchecked bowsers armor because no one uses him here. If you want, you can remove the stage freeze or perhaps the shielding in dash dance code.

I think its necessary as it provides more options and overall feels really tight with a lower hitstun IMO. I just love the depth this code brings.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
IMHO, no AD during tumble does add an extra element to the game. For those that have it on, its useful to introduce a technique that gives advantages when used properly and gives a disadvantage when performed badly. I dont know exactly, but I look at it as a new risky ability in the game, since failing it may lead to punishment.

Personally, I dont put that code, but that doesnt mean I think its useless. Its just that me and my brawling partners dont feel like mastering a technique when we actually have no problem without it.

BTW, by the Camera MOD you mean Camera properties, right? What does it do? Im interested since you said it was useful XD

Ulevo

Smash Master

Limited space is not an excuse for the exclusion of codes. The bottom line is we can't stop at where we are at now, and start cutting corners to make room for things. We can, but eventually we will start subtracting from the important and vital aspects of our current code list. We're already starting to. We can't do that. We have to get Gecko 2.0 or an equivalent working one way or another. So why exclude a part of the mechanics that will likely be important in the future for the sake of cutting the fat off?

A camera might be more worthwhile, but it won't change the way you play the game ultimately.

4Serial

Smash Lord
the line cap is so dumb =[

since you added hitstun, is it still possible to meteor cancel?
my friend asked this yesterday when we were playing and i wasn't really sure
i think we managed to meteor cancel once or twice but it could be my imagination

how does the jab lock fix work? is it like jab resets in melee?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I can fit the camera mod, but then again, I unchecked bowsers armor because no one uses him here. If you want, you can remove the stage freeze or perhaps the shielding in dash dance code.

I think its necessary as it provides more options and overall feels really tight with a lower hitstun IMO. I just love the depth this code brings.
On paper, it just seems to give the attacker more of a break when trying to connect a string of attacks, while making it harder for the attacked to get away or retaliate. I really don't see what options this opens up. If anything, it only complicates one of them. Please enlighten me.

Limited space is not an excuse for the exclusion of codes. The bottom line is we can't stop at where we are at now, and start cutting corners to make room for things. We can, but eventually we will start subtracting from the important and vital aspects of our current code list. We're already starting to. We can't do that. We have to get Gecko 2.0 or an equivalent working one way or another. So why exclude a part of the mechanics that will likely be important in the future for the sake of cutting the fat off?

A camera might be more worthwhile, but it won't change the way you play the game ultimately.
Playing devil's advocate, let's suppose that Gecko 2.0 or an equivalent never comes out. What then? We'll have to cut corners then, since space is limited. We'll have to list the codes in their priority, and start subtracting from there.

I'm saying that the No AD during tumble doesn't seem to add much to the overall metagame of brawl+. I think Shanus agrees with me because version 3.4 excludes the No AD during tumble as well as the FF during tumble codes.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I pulled off a ken combo on jiang last night. Marth is too good.
Jiange either did not DI appropriately, or doesn't know how to.

I can go in to Training mode, and consistently pull off say, Zeldas Dthrow to Lightning Kick, on a vast majority of characters (if not every character) on a wide percentage range, regardless of DI (provided I follow it correctly).

I am willing to bet you cannot do the same for the Ken Combo for Brawl Plus Marth, especially against a human who DI's or even techs the floor.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Jiange either did not DI appropriately, or doesn't know how to.

I can go in to Training mode, and consistently pull off say, Zeldas Dthrow to Lightning Kick, on a vast majority of characters (if not every character) on a wide percentage range, regardless of DI (provided I follow it correctly).

I am willing to bet you cannot do the same for the Ken Combo for Brawl Plus Marth, especially against a human who DI's or even techs the floor.
Whoa, people, calm down.

He can Ken combo. You can lightning kick. Disregarding DI, both are possible. Please don't turn this into a discussion about who's better or something.

Almas

Smash Lord
I think it's clear that I'm better, and anyone who disagrees can feel the wrath of me abusing my powers.

Err...

For people who are wondering about the discussion of "3.4" - this is an experimental set that Shanus is gathering feedback on. It's in no way "official", although I don't really like that term. For those discussing 3.4, please don't. If you have feedback on it, take it directly back to shanus, don't post it here.

I kinda like Marth. He's definitely still a very powerful character. It can be tricky to get a combo off at times (bar a few staple ones), but when you do they're very powerful and can pretty much take an entire stock if you can end with a tipper. We'll have to see.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
BTW. what was the reason for the decision to exclude the fresh bonus on the "no stales" code?

GPDP

Smash Ace
BTW. what was the reason for the decision to exclude the fresh bonus on the "no stales" code?
The fresh bonus messes with combos, as sometimes the attack that would logically set up for the next attack in the combo will be fresh, and thus do higher knockback than usual, and mess things up. It's suited for a game centered around single hits like Brawl, but with Brawl+ actually having a combo game, it's only a nuisance.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
The fresh bonus messes with combos, as sometimes the attack that would logically set up for the next attack in the combo will be fresh, and thus do higher knockback than usual, and mess things up. It's suited for a game centered around single hits like Brawl, but with Brawl+ actually having a combo game, it's only a nuisance.
Ok, makes sense.
And today i tried V3.3 online against a PAL player (i got NTSC) it desynced every time, but well we tried on 30% hitlag (everything else was unchanged) so maybe it doesn't desync at 50% hitlag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom