• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
i dont believe it was taken out. I havn't tested it yet, but if its not working then there must be something wrong with a code.

edit: **** you GPDP, stop beating me to everything :)

Finns7

Smash Ace
You guys need to take a look at the AD tumble code...
I got school in the morning but when i have time i will elaborate.
Dont tell me to mash the analog or tap it either

izzy24

Smash Ace
Can i suggest that a better fix for the gaw key spam problem be solved by changing the auto ff the move has instead of increasing the lag on all his move, it would change the way the move is used and it would not be spammable.

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
I'll play the new codeset tomorrow, but judging by the written changes I know this is a better codeset.

On the tornado nerf being removed I say it's not a big deal. Most players use nado as an easy damage racker. I used nado to its full potential and used it as a form of unstoppable movement. He's still the best in B+, and the only nerf I will support as an MK mainer is the dsmash nerf and flimsy armor. Because I realize an overpowered small char should die like a small char.

Also, I assume this will probably be the last codeset until Gecko 2.0 is released. Which is also why I ask, how many more lines is Gecko 2.0 supposed to give us?

~PK~

Smash Cadet
Yay, 3.3 is out! *off to test* =)

Hang on, for some reason, I cannot have every code on, the code manager says: There is more than 256 lines of code, but there is only 255.. What's wrong?

~PK~

Smash Cadet
Well, right now I'm just playing with the Level Freezer code off, and it works fine. But I just don't know what's wrong, as 3.3 is under 256 lines of code.

And yes, I do have more than one code file in my code folder. How would that mess anything up though?

lamelikemike

Smash Cadet
i don't know if this was done on purpose or already pointed out, but the date on one of the OriginalPosts Says Marth 9th.

i loled a bit

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Yeah but there are more characters that have more powerful fairs than gaw that can be spam. i.e falcon's knee, etc.

Of course if that takes more lines then i guess not, but wat if it takes less?
Well, you must consider that the case has a lot of priority over several moves.

What fairs were you thinking of, though? Other than the knee?

Besides, it's not like G&W needs the fair for approach. He can use bair and nair.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Okay I love what happened in 3.3 tested at a friends.....

Okay I think charzard need a little extra momentum 5-20% more(personal opinion)

O and are we really at 254 lines O_O not much room left :(

(See post below) that too....but I can try and adapt to that before bashing it.....

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
I'm personally annoyed at the no AD out of tumble code. It is REALLY cheesing me off, though that's maybe because I'm just not used to it. I still hate it at this point in time though.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Its just like hitstun when we were all so used to ADing right away. Give it time. It does a lot for the game by giving you more options for both players

You should lower hitstun to .482. I think it fits better with that code

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Well, spacies juggle the hell out of you upward now though. Not many characters can outprioritize a spacy below them, and hence they just get combo'd more and more and more. ADing would have gotten you out of this combo. Though technically you can jump upward as well, then AD on your way down, but this process feels VERY ******** and looks awkward.

I've been playing nonstop for the past 30 minutes and I have not changed my view yet, and talked to a few others who think the same thing, but I guess we'll see. However jumping out of a combo just feels so dumb at this point...

I do not understand how it gives more options by taking away another option altogether, explain. Before the victim could AD, jump, or attack out of a string. Now they can only jump or attack. The attacker now knows they'll either counterattack or jump, but they don't have to predict the AD any longer. This takes away an option, as everything that could have been done without AD out of tumble CAN still be done if the player so chooses, when it is more profitable or they think the opponent is expecting an AD.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Not really. Now I have the option to stay in tumble and tech away when before I was forced to air dodge. Sometimes teching is better than air dodging and being able to FF in tumble helps as well. So not only can I tap left or right once to get out of tumble and AD without using a jump, but I have the option to tech if I chose now. So I actually added another option.

I''m telling you. Juggling is too good because of a high hitstun IMO. You should try lowering it

lamelikemike

Smash Cadet
i dont care either way about the AD out of tumble thing, but since it is taking valuable space im on the "take it out" side with Clever.

and i just crashed the latest set. I was kirby, CPU was pikachu. the game froze upon victory, with that annoying continuous rumble.

as a side note, has anyone else noticed how freaking amazung Ganondorf's >B suicide is with the added momentum, it looks awesome and gets more suprize kills, i love it.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
I will be back in 2-3 days then, and after intensive playing (unless the code somehow changes before then [fat chance]) once again report if I got used to it and if I like it.

Maybe I will just have to get used to tapping a direction once quickly before ADing,and then I will be happy.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think the tumble code does more for the game than the bowser armor and it uses less lines.

EDIT: I tried all the teching fixes and none of them seem to actually make teching easier...only harder. I went back to just the 1 line buffer and teching was much easier and more forgiving. Imagine that

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
But unless you guys buff Bowser in other ways he needs it or else he will suck noticeably. I'm all for the first option, was not a fan of his armour from the start. But having had just faced many Foxs and MKs with him, I do believe we should not remove that thick skin.

kupo15

Smash Hero
thick skin does nothing for bowser when his primary flaws are in his moveset. So instead of giving him multiple chances to beat the horrible odds he has, the better solution would be to fix his moves directly.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
thick skin does nothing for bowser when his primary flaws are in his moveset. So instead of giving him multiple chances to beat the horrible odds he has, the better solution would be to fix his moves directly.
Um, I'm completely on your side. I want Bowser to be Boozer again.

I agree with you 100%. All I am saying is can you do that in the same amount of lines or less than thick skin? If no, leave him alone until further notice.

BY THE WAY, does anyone know if Brawl+ tournies will be 3/5? I am SO SICK of 2/3, one stupid little mistake can cost you the set.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Um, I'm completely on your side. I want Bowser to be Boozer again.

I agree with you 100%. All I am saying is can you do that in the same amount of lines or less than thick skin? If no, leave him alone until further notice.

BY THE WAY, does anyone know if Brawl+ tournies will be 3/5? I am SO SICK of 2/3, one stupid little mistake can cost you the set.
3/5 for maybe semi finals and ups but anything lower should always just be 2/3 imo.

Anyway me and my friend have been playing this non stop for the last 2 hours. I saved about 12-13 vids(replay with tags is awesome!) and will record and upload them tomorrow. Peach and Zss is godly but i feel like the spacies mainly fox is maybe a bit too overpowered? Maybe i just suck at DIing but once fox gets you with that downair he can either go for the down or up smash and will kill u at around 70-80% I guess you can counter this by saying peach and zss are light thus they die faster though. IDK i need to play some more.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Just tested, some thoughts on new code additions and lack of codes.

Teching/Buffer thing - I'm just not really noticing much of a difference and it's not worth the extra lines to me yet. I'll just use the 1 line buffer code until teching has been dramatically improved.

No Scar Jumping - Maybe you guys forgot to put this in? I mean there clearly is enough space to squeeze it in (1 line) and it only does good for the game.

Friction - I've been playing with the friction code for so long that I've forgotten how horribly slidey everything is. With the lines I saved from cutting the Teching/Buffer I'm gonna reinstate the friction into my codeset. The game just feels a lot tighter with it. I know that isn't a good enough reason to include it in an official competitive codeset but I'll use it anyways.

The Cape

Smash Master
You dont even play the character.

Bowser is extremely defensive based and by allowing him to take less damage he can get more opportunities to punish people and hard. This code is very beneficial to Bowser and the only real changes he needs after this is the winddown on his tilts.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Wow, it seems that the last version of Brawl+ (3.3 beta) if fully available for PAL version, isn't it ?
Tht's amazing, you guys did a great job on this.
Also I can't wait to try this new version :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
isnt the max 256 lines? wow lol

anyway, i havnt gotten to play with the air dodge and tumble codes yet, but iv played with all the other codes, including momentum.

misc changes -
scar jumping: why is everyone calling it scar jumping? its WALL Jumping. it just needs to be fixed and be like it was in melee. its not too big a deal though. it would take too many lines at this point

friction: i prefer this code to be left out. idk how many lines it is, but the sliding on slopes can be good in some situations for reducing lag sort of like a waveland and string together more combos

mk tornado code: im sad this is gone :(
mk's flimsy armor can eventually be removed for line space, and he could be nerfed in other ways

lucas utilt speed - i didnt play him yet, but u really made the utilt faster? it was already really good.

my own opinions for future changes.

falco - he is amazing. he still lacks a lil kill power though. make his dsmash stronger, like more knockback. possibly make his fsmash a lil faster, im not too sure about that one though

sonic - hes so much better with momentum, but still lacks some options for killing. ppl can DI easily to avoid spring to uair kills, and u cant rly rely on killing fsmash too much unless ur opponent is stupid lol.
ooo, just now i thought of an interesting code. what if we made sonic able to shield during a spindash (not charging it, like while moving on the ground)

link - make his upB a tad higher maybe? its 10% now right? maybe 15%?

marth - does way too much damage. use his overB on someone and use all the hits. thats a lot of damage lol. hes received so many buffs imo that something like that has to be toned down a lil. hes one of the candidates now for best character in the game imo.

fox - faster shine? maybe that way u could combo out of it when used on the ground. although if this is done be careful about introducing possibly worse stalling with it in the air.

mario - reduce cooldown lag on his fair

ROB - reduce cooldown lag on his laser

shanus

Smash Hero
You already admitted to me you don't play bowser, let me and cape fix him here :-P. We fix his tilts slightly with thick skin and he will be perfect.

I'm still not happy with this No AD Tumble code as well.

Also Chibo, why would you want the whorenado vert nerf back in over flimsy armor? Flimsy armor is a WAY bigger nerf than the whorenado one.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
I've tried the codeset in PAL version, and here are some problems I've got with it:

- Momentum works when jumping to the left, but not the right
- Teching is really hard, I can almost never tech (on the ground) :(
- Got a freeze just after a match, when the victoy screen was supposed to appear. That was me (Falcon) vs. a lvl 9 CP Bowser, on FD.

Well, this was on a burned disc with new textures, I don't know if it could be the reason for those problems, maybe some codes have to be uptdated. I'll try to confirm you if that happens on a real game as soon as I can, if someones doesn't confirm it before.

Let's go for US version, which is the real game this time :)

EDIT
First test in US version, with the same match where I got a freeze (falcon vs cpu9 Bowser) =>
- No momentum problem, it works perfectly ! :)
- No freeze this time !
- Teching wasn't really a code problem, I think it's just because I'm still not used to this timing, but when pressing L at the right time, I didn't have any problem, and it seems indeed easier than in regular Brawl.

It's awesome. ^_^

Ulevo

Smash Master

Marth is perfectly fine right now. Yes, Dancing Blade does a lot of damage without decay, but Marth also does not combo very well in comparison to everyone else. This makes up for that.

As for the other suggestions, I think it would be more important to improve characters that are obviously lacking right now, such as Jiggs or Samus, then to give characters like Falco yet another improvement.

I am also sad to see Meta Knights Tornado modification leave as well. I think it was a nice balancing change. I would include it with flimsy armor.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Some news from my test in US version :
- teching is definitely too hard, the timing should feel natural just like in Melee
- there was no added momentum for D3 or MK, is that normal ? Also, Lucas had the same momentum when I jumped while walking, or even standing, I mean as much as when I was running
- got a freeze again, after a D3 vs cpu5 Yoshi on PS2 just before the victory screen

I don't think my PAL burned disc and its new textures has something to do with the code issues, there must be some codes to update for both versions so they work perfectly (and also improve the tech window, after a few matches I find it really hard)

It's really cool anyway, I love playing Falcon in this version :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom