• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Retro Gaming said it best; quite simply, install a reverse switching feature onto Pokémon Trainer, but give a certain drawback to said feature (e.g having the Pokémon switching in suffer a small amount of damage).

Recommended damage? 8 - 10%.
This isn't exactly my proposal. Since there seemed to be a lot of confusion over exactly what I proposed in the original thread, I'm going to try to lay down my proposal in the most condensed fashion possible here:

• Two variations on the Pokémon Trainer character and his three individual Pokémon dependent on your choice on the CSS: If you choose the Trainer slot, you will be able to switch. If you choose an Independent Pokémon, you will remain that Pokémon the entire time, with no ability to switch.
  • If you choose the Trainer, you will be forced to switch on knockout. You will send in the next Pokémon in the rotation by default. By holding R, you will send in the Pokémon one prior in the rotation (or, in other words, two forward in the rotation). The Pokémon that just got knocked out can not in anyway return to the field immediately from the spawn platform.
  • Similarly, if you input a switch (Down Special), you will switch to the next Pokémon by default. By holding R, the switch will be to the Pokémon one prior in the rotation.
  • If you choose an independent Pokémon, you will simply remain that Pokémon the entire match without having to worry about switching.
  • Neither option has/needs stamina.

What GuruKid said I never planned to make a specific feature of this system. I did note, however, that jumping from the spawn platform to the ground and switching as soon as possible would still be a very punishable maneuver, and can easily lead to some free damage on the Pokémon Trainer player, probably equal to more than a small 8-10%. However, I don't see why if the player were to come off the spawn platform and knockout the opponent instantly they shouldn't still be rewarded with a switch. Such a switch would be impossible unless both opponents were at high percents or the player plays extremely well off the spawn platform and completely overpowers their opponent, earning the switch.

GuruKid said:
I know a lot more work is to be done with overall changes in B+, but I feel this is another of those important aspects that should be checked out.
This I really do agree with. This code should probably be out at least with the gold code set of Brawl+, as the change would be very significant in how the Trainer operates and how other characters operate versus the Trainer. I do however understand that a lot of your coders are currently taking a break, so don't read this as a demand.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Since its completely cosmetic it doesn't really matter whether you keep your CSS or switch to ours. We'll see about getting a pic of it up.
Well that was kind of the idea. Also when you still were using the one that looked like a + the icons were so small that if 3 or more people wanted to be the same character you had to be really fast or they would be pushed off the square. Thanks though, I appreciate it. Also something simple like this would suffice (though a pic may actually be easier)

First row:[Character Name][Character Name][Character Name][Character Name][Character Name][Character Name][Character Name]

Second row:[Character Name][Character Name][Character Name][Character Name][Character Name]

And so on.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
It's already known that MK is still quite good. The issue is that the only way to stop MK from being a combo ***** is if he is completely exempted from dealing hitstun to ANY and all characters (as opposed to specifically nerfing his combo moves). But let's face it, that restricts him about as much as it would if we nerfed Dair or Uair.

The reason why MK is being left alone right now is because if we give him any more nerfs, it'll feel like MK is so restricted compared to everyone else that why would you want to play him? It'd be less fun if his Dair or Uair had a **** ton of lag (and while yes fun shouldn't matter, at this point in time, there aren't a lot of MKs in Brawl+ yet). I want to SAY we'll nerf MK some more but, it just doesn't look like we should be focusing EVERYTHING to nerf this guy while there's still SOME characters who need to be fixed and/or buffed who may very well have options against MK and people just don't know it.

This is a known issue and Uair combos have been known for a long time. The Cape knows how ridiculous MK is with his combos and so does everyone else. It's just so silly to have to focus on one character for so long when if we did that, that would hold up Brawl+ for a little while longer. It's nice to finish changing everyone else and then going back and reviewing MK.
agreed. buffs should always take priority over nerfs. I'd rather play with a roster of quick smooth comboers than a bunch of vBrawl ganondorfs. Besides, if Brawl+ is ever to be considered for big tourneys it needs to appeal to the 30% of tourney goers who use MK

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I think MK should be left alone. MK wouldnt be himself if he got nerfed any further, just because he is a ridiculously good character doesnt mean he should get nerfed to heck.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
What are you saying? Of course it does! :p
Ok, they nerf MK, then what? Whats gonna change thats gonna make him so much less of a hassle and balanced at the same time, while keeping what makes MK great?

cman

Smash Ace
This is hilarious. When it comes to balancing MK, he only has two settings.

**** <--> Horrible
Meta knight had terrible shield stun values in vBrawl comparatively, even in a game with low shield stun, right? Couldn't we just carry that over? Give him the same number of sheild stun frames that he had in vbrawl?

We could turn meta into a character that is really weak against shields, so that when he hits a shield, he always has a frame disadvantage.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Meta knight had terrible shield stun values in vBrawl comparatively, even in a game with low shield stun, right? Couldn't we just carry that over? Give him the same number of sheild stun frames that he had in vbrawl?

We could turn meta into a character that is really weak against shields, so that when he hits a shield, he always has a frame disadvantage.
FAILURE ...just utter failure. Such bad suggestions...

Umm I suggest we leave MK alone for a bit and look at the stupidity that's effecting some of the other characters.

Refer to my previous post :)

cman

Smash Ace
FAILURE ...just utter failure. Such bad suggestions...

Umm I suggest we leave MK alone for a bit and look at the stupidity that's effecting some of the other characters.

Refer to my previous post :)
So how exactly is that an utter fail? I don't quite follow the ample amounts of reasoning which you kindly provided...

Unless of course you just think that he doesn't need to be changed. I just suggested that because someone else suggested that he needed to be changed, but it was difficult to do so. I haven't messed with him much personally, so i don't know whether he still needs a change.

And finally, how exactly does any of that have anything to do with your previous post??

cman, that just encourages MKs to camp.
How so? Do you mean just wait till they attack, shield, and counter attack?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
So how exactly is that an utter fail? I don't quite follow the ample amounts of reasoning which you kindly provided...

Unless of course you just think that he doesn't need to be changed. I just suggested that because someone else suggested that he needed to be changed, but it was difficult to do so. I haven't messed with him much personally, so i don't know whether he still needs a change.

And finally, how exactly does any of that have anything to do with your previous post??

It has to do with my previous post because I said we should work on some of the other characters (like the ones I mentioned in my previous post...) *_* I dunno how you missed that one.

And also if you're gonna turn a global change like shield stun into a per character change that just has imbalanced all over it..even if it is Metaknight...

Guys, go to the nightly topic thread please.
LOL there's a nightly topic now..? Ahh my bad sir.

cman

Smash Ace
It has to do with my previous post because I said we should work on some of the other characters (like the ones I mentioned in my previous post...) *_* I dunno how you missed that one.

And also if you're gonna turn a global change like shield stun into a per character change that just has imbalanced all over it..even if it is Metaknight...
Oh I thought you meant my suggestion was bad because of what you said in your previous post. And I understand your concern, but it would be a transition of brawl character weakness into something workable here, and meta has been hard to balance in the other ways that have been tried. Again though, just a thought.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
to be honest, i really don't see any problem with meta now, besides, working to nerf him is never as good as working to buff everyone else :p. just imo anyway

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It encourages them to camp because if all their attacks have little shield stun, then attacking recklessly will caused them to get shield grabbed and hit with OOS options constantly, generally getting punished for offensive behavior ala vBrawl.

Thusly, in order to circumvent the shield camping people would use against MK, MK plays a more campy and defensive nature.

Thats MY thought. Im not sure if sudai agrees or not.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
@Jiang: Is that really a bad thing? maybe youre timing it too well?

I say invisible footstooling needs to go.

The Cape

Smash Master
Jaing, we are actually looking into that. Making the window close up after 2 frames.

See what happens with it in the near future.

Stash23

Smash Rookie
This is unfortunate. I had to do some work with my SD card and I accidentally erased all Wii-related media. Anyhow, I wanted to point out that the "Link to SD Loader GCT" and "Link to Offline Play GCT" are inactive... Anyone can revive the links or put them on some file-sharing site so I can get them again? You know, rapidshare or something...

Thanks.

GPDP

Smash Ace

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Jaing, we are actually looking into that. Making the window close up after 2 frames.

See what happens with it in the near future.
cool. overall, i still think powershielding is too easy. i think maybe the powershielding code isn't working properly, or there's another variable involved.

Magus420

Smash Master
If PSing is able to be remade with an additional requirement of timing the shield input as opposed to simply being hit during the start of the shield-on animation it should really go back to the default 3 or possibly to 4 frames imo. The primary reason for lowering it to 2 in the first place was to reduce the frequency of 'auto-PSing'.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I think it has to do with the way the game buffers the shield.
This most likely. We are looking into at this moment in time, but I'm unsure of the progress.
If PSing is able to be remade with an additional requirement of timing the shield input as opposed to simply being hit during the start of the shield-on animation it should really go back to the default 3 or possibly to 4 frames imo. The primary reason for lowering it to 2 in the first place was to reduce the frequency of 'auto-PSing'.
I agree with this. I like how much more useful PSing is in Brawl.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Too bad spunit is out of commission... can either Almas or PK work on this?

CanadaKid91

Smash Apprentice
Re-posted from the Nightly Builds thread for more exposure:

Unfortuneately, Ness needs some work (IMO). I'm still not sure if the PKT buff was the right course of action though.
Why not make him a better onstage combo character. I mean, look what happened to Ivysaur and Lucas. Why are we leaving Ness out?

On a side note, why is it that Ness's PKT2 distance is dramatically shortened when he hits an enemy/projectile? Shouldn't this be fixed first before we give him multiple aerial PKTs?

Just my thoughts. I'll be getting Brawl+ as soon as the ability to run the Hombrew Channel from an SD card (on 4.0 menu) arrives. Still, great work to all involved. Low tier mains everywhere thank you. :bee:

Edit: My sincerest apologies for posting so many times.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
CanadaKid91, you don't need to post the same thing in three threads.

Trust me, the WBR reads everything. Don't worry so much about exposure, just use whichever thread is most appropriate. Now you have to track responses across three threads.

I responded to part of your post in the Ness thread. Just to add on to that, I agree with your sentiment of augmenting strengths over removing weaknesses, but I also understand that sometimes a million strengths won't make up for a stupid weakness.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to add the Brawl+ codes to Ocarina without overwriting my other codes? For example, I currently have Phantom Wings Dynamic SD loader for texture hacks, and I'm looking to get the unrestricted camera and Replays over 3 minutes codes as well. Also, if I want to update the Brawl+ codes would I need the new .gct file for the offline codeset or the SD Loader code?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Is it possible to add the Brawl+ codes to Ocarina without overwriting my other codes? For example, I currently have Phantom Wings Dynamic SD loader for texture hacks, and I'm looking to get the unrestricted camera and Replays over 3 minutes codes as well. Also, if I want to update the Brawl+ codes would I need the new .gct file for the offline codeset or the SD Loader code?
The brawl+ codeset already includes those codes in the gct (the nightly builds).

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
It also includes the latest version of the Dynamic SD loader correct?

So I just download the 4.1 .txt file, put that in the private\wii\app\RSBE\pf folder after converting to .gct and put the other .gct in the codes folder correct?

Thanks for you help.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
It also includes the latest version of the Dynamic SD loader correct?

So I just download the 4.1 .txt file, put that in the private\wii\app\RSBE\pf folder after converting to .gct and put the other .gct in the codes folder correct?

Thanks for you help.
Use File Replacement instead of the Dynamic SD loader. Just add it to the .txt file that you downloaded, use it in the .gct file, and you are good to go.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, sorry but I have some more questions. (I just started hacking today) The .txt file I downloaded from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mzmmwetukym has too many lines of code for the code manager. Does this mean I will have to pick and choose which codes I want to use?

Also is the .txt file the one I put into the \pf folder?

shanus

Smash Hero
Hey guys, sorry but I have some more questions. (I just started hacking today) The .txt file I downloaded from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mzmmwetukym has too many lines of code for the code manager. Does this mean I will have to pick and choose which codes I want to use?

Also is the .txt file the one I put into the \pf folder?
Just follow this:
http://web.me.com/shane_mulligan/Brawl+_Nightly_Builds/Welcome.html

It's the latest nightly build of the plussery, far more up to date than what your downloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom