• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Speaking of recovery....

Peach either needs her old second jump back, or make the parasol actually fastfall when you push down to close it. It's crap that canceling does almost NOTHING to make her fall faster.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Speaking of recovery....

Peach either needs her old second jump back, or make the parasol actually fastfall when you push down to close it. It's crap that canceling does almost NOTHING to make her fall faster.
We are currently in the process of trying to find a way to allow her to grab on backwards while the parasol is out. I'm not sure on the final verdict of a higher 2nd jump, but I assume it's in the same place the backwards grab is.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
We are currently in the process of trying to find a way to allow her to grab on backwards while the parasol is out. I'm not sure on the final verdict of a higher 2nd jump, but I assume it's in the same place the backwards grab is.
Ummmm but how in the world would being able to grab the ledge backwards with the parasol really do much?

You'd have to be under the ledge and **** up or something, and there isn't much to gain because her parasol doesn't move forward very much.

The lack of a fastfall on the parasol is the feature I'm most concerned about. Her recovery is fine..... just lacks versatility because of this if you lose your second jump.

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
Ummmm but how in the world would being able to grab the ledge backwards with the parasol really do much?

You'd have to be under the ledge and **** up or something, and there isn't much to gain because her parasol doesn't move forward very much.

The lack of a fastfall on the parasol is the feature I'm most concerned about. Her recovery is fine..... just lacks versatility because of this if you lose your second jump.
I feel you on the parasol fastfalling, the speed needs a bit of a boost in the fall itself. Peach is still a frickin' powerhouse IMO, I love the improvements made to her, and the fastfall will probably be altered in later releases (speculation of course, I've heard nothing confirmed, but if it's that much of a problem then it'll probably be fixed).

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I think Ivy should either lose that upB buff, or have more lag inbetween it. Because it wouldnt be fair to have just Ivy's tether do that and leave olimar out.

@SuperFudgeChoco, What da heck is going on in your sig!? O_O

The Cape

Smash Master
The difference between Ivysaur and Olimar recovery is still huge as Olimar's hitting range outreaches Ivysaur, and the little hop that Olimar gets is actually better than Ivy's as it keeps forward momentum and allows DI soon afterwards. Both characters are still easy to gimp, but Ivy's little hop is nowhere near as good as Olimars.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I think Ivy should either lose that upB buff, or have more lag inbetween it. Because it wouldnt be fair to have just Ivy's tether do that and leave olimar out.

@SuperFudgeChoco, What da heck is going on in your sig!? O_O
You can argue that Olimar really doesn't need it. His recovery is naturally much better than Ivy's; he is super floaty while Ivy moves more like a rock, his tether is (potentially) longer, and he has more options to knock the opponent off the ledge.

Not to mention that Olimar is an absolute powerhouse, with a poor recovery being the only downside to him. He can basically outcamp anyone, with his only competition being a persistently campy Falco imo. His grab is stupidly good and very hard to punish unlike the other tether grabs while setting him up for combos and can be a great kill move with a Blue or Purple. His pivot grab can basically grab anything. He kills ridiculously with his Usmash and has an amazing DACUS to make it even easier, and his other smashes have little lag with plenty of range and power. He has a high damage output with his combos and latching Pikmin, Purple Pikmin are the highest priority projectile in the game iirc, he can WAC his way through gimp attempts, and the list goes on as to why he is amazing.

When you play a good Olimar, it actually becomes hard to gimp them if you aren't someone like Meta Knight because they know how to not get gimped. Also, there are characters with worse recoveries than Olimar, like Link. It wouldn't be fair to help him out when other characters are more screwed off stage then Olimar.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Apparently MK is still pretty ridiculous and the only reason it's not prominent yet is because MK carries such negative notions or whatever from vBrawl, and that few top MK players play Brawl+ regularly, if at all and have repped him in tournaments (the few that have appeared thus far).

At least this is what JunkInTheTrunk says. He's a pretty good player in Socal so his words do have some merit if anything I suppose. I'll just quote the entire thing.

JunkintheTrunk said:
so i played the latest version of brawl plus a good amount this weekend since i didnt go to tourney

i think metaknight is still really dumb. has any decent metaknight actually played brawl+? i literally was beating people that played brawl+ a LOT just by playing my normal mk (well a little different but a lot of things the same)

random new gayness:
* up air combos into up b every single time which sets up for edge guard which is easy to get to because mk glides after the up b
* up b combos into up b
* between up b, d-air, n-air, f-smash, and lack of auto sweet spot i have a even higher gimp ratio than normal brawl
* d-throw combos into n-air at low percents if they dont di down and tech its easy if they tech you just read it.. at high percents its impossible to avoid a n-air which is still super strong and KOs. actually pretty much all his throws combo into some sort of high knockback move which sets up for the edgeguard.
* tornado is still good but not spammable you can't approach with it anymore but you can still use it as a pressure finisher or air dodge punisher
* lack of auto sweet spot doesnt really matter for mk
* i can still camp with mk if i want to
* i can just dash dance and wait for the opponent to commit to a move then since metaknights dash grab is so fast i can grab them during the lag which combos into a high knockback move which leads to edgeguard

i dunno your the most knowledgable brawl+ person i know so i was just letting you know mk will be abused and overused in its current state... even the current "broken" characters cant do much because metaknight has a solution to everything (i was just d-air camping ganon)
Thoughts?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Since my post are ignored and I hate repeating myself. I'll just summarize:

STOP BUFFING GOOD CHARACTERS

:mad:

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
To install Gecko 1.9 on your SD card after you have homebrewed, first decompress the zip file. Then go into the Gecko1901/HBC/ folder and copy the Gecko1901 folder from the HBC folder onto your SD card in the apps folder.

1. Download the gameconfig.txt file on our nightly builds site. This text file is almost never updated, so you only need to do this once unless otherwise specified.
2. Place gameconfig.txt on your SD card without being in any folders (that is, the root of the SD card)
3. Download the RSBE01.gct file from our nightly builds site.
4. Place RSBE01.gct in the /codes/ folder on your SD card.
5. Load up Gecko 1.9, Launch game, and enjoy!

Files needed: http://www.mediafire.com/shanus

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I dont see any major buffs on any good characters
a buff doesn't always have to be a major thing. zelda's none-punishable moves and ivysaur's upb buff just looks plain stupid. he doesn't even really need it. lucario's buff added depth to the character, and new ways of approaching. If I never heard of brawl+ and see vids of lucario doing epic **** then i see ivysaur stalling the clock with his upb nonsense it wouldn't appeal to me.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
a buff doesn't always have to be a major thing. zelda's none-punishable moves and ivysaur's upb buff just looks plain stupid. he doesn't even really need it. lucario's buff added depth to the character, and new ways of approaching. If I never heard of brawl+ and see vids of lucario doing epic **** then i see ivysaur stalling the clock with his upb nonsense it wouldn't appeal to me.
Zelda has unpunishable moves?
I agree with Ivy thing. Not needed.
And what Zelda moves are unpunishable? Cant play human players right now.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Zelda has unpunishable moves?
I agree with Ivy thing. Not needed.
And what Zelda moves are unpunishable? Cant play human players right now.
well since 5/8 is just a nightly build and the latest one I suppose the issue will be fixed. but zelda's moves are perfectly safe. her upb has less landing lag so now it can be used like pika's QAC.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Oh I thought you was talking about her smashes or something. But her UpB isnt that bad, i mean it has to be the best and worse recovery at the same time. Great range but too predictable. But I guess it's something to look into.

Revven

FrankerZ
Apparently MK is still pretty ridiculous and the only reason it's not prominent yet is because MK carries such negative notions or whatever from vBrawl, and that few top MK players play Brawl+ regularly, if at all and have repped him in tournaments (the few that have appeared thus far).

At least this is what JunkInTheTrunk says. He's a pretty good player in Socal so his words do have some merit if anything I suppose. I'll just quote the entire thing.

Thoughts?
It's already known that MK is still quite good. The issue is that the only way to stop MK from being a combo ***** is if he is completely exempted from dealing hitstun to ANY and all characters (as opposed to specifically nerfing his combo moves). But let's face it, that restricts him about as much as it would if we nerfed Dair or Uair.

The reason why MK is being left alone right now is because if we give him any more nerfs, it'll feel like MK is so restricted compared to everyone else that why would you want to play him? It'd be less fun if his Dair or Uair had a **** ton of lag (and while yes fun shouldn't matter, at this point in time, there aren't a lot of MKs in Brawl+ yet). I want to SAY we'll nerf MK some more but, it just doesn't look like we should be focusing EVERYTHING to nerf this guy while there's still SOME characters who need to be fixed and/or buffed who may very well have options against MK and people just don't know it.

This is a known issue and Uair combos have been known for a long time. The Cape knows how ridiculous MK is with his combos and so does everyone else. It's just so silly to have to focus on one character for so long when if we did that, that would hold up Brawl+ for a little while longer. It's nice to finish changing everyone else and then going back and reviewing MK.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So, I played A LOT of Brawl+ at Apex (~36 hours in the 48 hours I was there, no exaggeration, I can barely move my fingers right now). Got a lot of good experience vs different characters, and I got some suggestions. Forgot to write them down though so I'll have to bring them up whenever I remember them.

I already mentioned I think Ness's and Ivy's recoveries are currently too good for the characters. Lucario is sorta in the same boat, but his new up-B adds such incredible depth to his game that I would absolutely hate to see it taken out, so perhaps he could be nerfed in some other way. Or just leave him the way he is. He definitely jumped up the tier list but he's no Marth or MK, so I guess he's fine.

I'd still like to see MK get some more nerfs but it's not a high priority. He still has that stigma from vBrawl so not many people are willing to play him.

I saw a glitch where Falco back-threw Falcon on FD, and Falcon got stuck in the stage and couldn't do anything until Falco hit him. I'm gonna try to recreate it later to make sure it wasn't just a one time thing.

Revven

FrankerZ
I saw a glitch where Falco back-threw Falcon on FD, and Falcon got stuck in the stage and couldn't do anything until Falco hit him. I'm gonna try to recreate it later to make sure it wasn't just a one time thing.
Was Falcon AD'ing during the throw? If so, this might be why this happened. Just like Ganondorf's Up B, Falco's Bthrow deals no hitstun and thus, you can AD it as soon as possible and avoid ALL of Falco's lasers. I've never heard of getting stuck in the stage before though... doesn't his Bthrow send people pretty high even if they're an FF'er? In any case, it's widely well known that Falco's Bthrow deals no hitstun and if this is what caused the above, we can't really fix it atm without a throw modifier...

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
JC, could you tell me how brawl+ was viewed at Apex? Did a lot of people enjoy the game? Did a lot of people watch it and why was m2k DQ'd? Also, congrats on your placing. I wish i could play brawl+ for 36 hours :)

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'd still like to see MK get some more nerfs but it's not a high priority. He still has that stigma from vBrawl so not many people are willing to play him.
Until I see a top level MK player actually pick him up in B+ and prove me wrong, I'm still under the opinion that he is fine as it is. I'm no pro MK player obviously so I can only go off of what I see when I play him (which is fairly often, because I love the character)

Yeah, he combos so naturally and damage builds up so quickly for him, but he just can't kill like he could in vBrawl. The only way MK is going to kill early anymore is out of gimps and there are some characters he just can't gimp. I wasn't killing my friend's Jiggly until like 120%, and I'm sure there are people who are just going to say "lulls you are playing MK wrong then" but that's why I want to be proven wrong first. Going up against my friend's Falcon was almost as ridiculous as going at him with my Wario just because he is so easy to combo and gimp, but then on the opposite spectrum there are characters that are hard to combo and gimp even for MK; unless I was at the edge of the stage I wouldn't be killing with Up B, Glair, Nair or Dsmash until over well over 100%. Fsmash is a much better kill move but has too much start up lag to be any use outside of a dumb mistake.

I also don't see how you can really tweak him without hurting his overall combo game, and no matter what you do he will always gimp as well as he does, I would hate to see him loose more. There is also the chance that matchups will grow to see characters countering MK, especially as the rest of the cast is tweaked further; if that happens then there would have been no reason for more nerfs and most likely people wouldn't be willing to change them back.

If people really do want more nerfs, I'm not going to shout and raise a ruckus about it because he isn't my main, but I don't want to see nerfs happen to any character not just MK. But I will agree that any potential issue with him should wait because other things are more important.

zxeon

Smash Lord
I don't see how Ness' buffed recovery is too good. He still pays a price in height every time he needs to re-initiate his UpB and you can keep on smacking him until he can't get back.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
JC, could you tell me how brawl+ was viewed at Apex? Did a lot of people enjoy the game? Did a lot of people watch it and why was m2k DQ'd? Also, congrats on your placing. I wish i could play brawl+ for 36 hours :)
Brawl+ was definitely a hit. There were a bunch of people who tried it for the first time and loved it (some even quit Brawl), a bunch of people who refused to try it, and a select few people who didn't like it but entered the tourney anyway thinking it would be easy money (none of them placed in the money). Overall, definitely a success and there oughta be some new people joining the Brawl+ community.

m2k was DQed because he wasn't there when we started and he has no phone. I gave him plenty of time but he didn't come back until much later.

Also, my placing sucked. I could beat at least half of the people who placed above me. No johns though, I just gotta get better before BtL, and get some sleep.

Almas

Smash Lord
Pasted a whole bunch of junk over to the Social Thread. Don't make me start whipping out my Spam Infractions.

황미영

Smash Champion
Umm, I'm really slow at this so is there anyone that can please help me out?

My AIM is Kishiru324 so just IM me if you can help me.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion

ShadowJokerX

Smash Rookie
are the texture codes in the codeset ? cause ive tryed using texture but maybe im just doing in wrong ^^:

Almas

Smash Lord
The Brawlplusery set currently does not contain the File Replacement Code. The Nightly Builds Threads do.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Since apparently the official codeset is slated to come out soon, I thought I'd try my best to reintroduce a certain argument for a change in Pokemon Trainer (that sadly, seemed to have been dismissed rather quickly). I won't steal someone else's idea, so here's the original thread where the idea originated:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229532

Retro Gaming said it best; quite simply, install a reverse switching feature onto Pokemon Trainer, but give a certain drawback to said feature (e.g having the pokemon switching in suffer a small amount of damage).

Recommended damage? 8 - 10%.

Like Retro said, it'd offer more depth and strategy to an already strategic character without rocking the balance issue too much. I know a lot more work is to be done with overall changes in B+, but I feel this is another of those important aspects that should be checked out.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Can you guys put up a picture/diagram of the Character Select Screen at some point? I would like to know if I should stick with mine or change to the "official" one whenever I change my codeset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom