• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
Enigma worked on trying to find a way to load SSE stages in multiplayer for a month with no success. She said that the only way to do it would be essentially to completely reprogram the stages, which is a whole lot more work than anyone is willing to do.
would it be any easier or possible to just enable multiplayer features into SSE on those stages? i.e. let p1 and 2 attack each other, freeze at one area, some sort of stock fix and remove enemies.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
That's not what they're talking about. If you shield Fox's lasers you can't let your shield down because of the shieldstun. It's the same thing as when someone with a fast jab jabs your shield against a wall.
I know thats what im talking about. All you gotta do is drop your sheild and jump or the stuf i mentioned already

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
That's not what they're talking about. If you shield Fox's lasers you can't let your shield down because of the shieldstun. It's the same thing as when someone with a fast jab jabs your shield against a wall.
I know thats what im talking about. All you gotta do is drop your sheild and jump or the stuf i mentioned already
Maybe you should read what he said a little better. You CANT drop your sheild cuz your stuck in shieldstun. That's the lock people are talking about.

I havnt tested it at all. But does this break your shield if the fox keeps shooting?

Revven

FrankerZ
I havnt tested it at all. But does this break your shield if the fox keeps shooting?
The lasers would keep pushing you to the point where the laser likely couldn't reach you. It's not going to be breaking shields without walls, besides, a Fox is better off approaching than damaging a shield slowly...

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
The lasers would keep pushing you to the point where the laser likely couldn't reach you. It's not going to be breaking shields without walls, besides, a Fox is better off approaching than damaging a shield slowly...
Pushing you out of range is what i figured would happen. It's not really a problem.

Revven

FrankerZ
Honestly, there's just no way to fix it right now unless people want really LOW SHIELDSTUN. Which I don't think anyone wants after that huge drop it had between 4/7 and 4/16. :p

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
the problem of low shieldstun is solved by longer shield drop ... just sayin ...
Longer shield drop still wouldn't help that stupid instant shield grab problem we all grew to hate in Brawl.

And also...who here really holds up their shield to a Fox that's spamming standing laser.. *_* By the time he's on his 2nd shot you all know you'll be in the air. If anything, just take the first few lasers and jump in on him. No sane fox would ever spam standing laser anyway so don't worry about the fox issue..as ******** as it is.

D

Deleted member

And we lack a code for that.

Seriously, if you guys want stuff done, get a USB Gecko and make a code yourself.
just wondering, but isn't dropping a shield an action? thus i might be possible to add a line on the framespeed code.

to everybody JUST AN IDEA DON"T SPECULATE FURTHER ON "IF THAT WOULD WORK"

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Maybe you should read what he said a little better. You CANT drop your sheild cuz your stuck in shieldstun. That's the lock people are talking about.

Maybe you should actually try playing against it. you can drop your sheild and just jump out, run out, watever you wanna do.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Why not just counter-camp? Play keep-away. Get in Fox's face so the lasers are useless...or are you scared of a little Utilt?

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Longer shield drop still wouldn't help that stupid instant shield grab problem we all grew to hate in Brawl.

And also...who here really holds up their shield to a Fox that's spamming standing laser.. *_* By the time he's on his 2nd shot you all know you'll be in the air. If anything, just take the first few lasers and jump in on him. No sane fox would ever spam standing laser anyway so don't worry about the fox issue..as ******** as it is.
this! i totally agree

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
just wondering, but isn't dropping a shield an action? thus i might be possible to add a line on the framespeed code.

to everybody JUST AN IDEA DON"T SPECULATE FURTHER ON "IF THAT WOULD WORK"
It's been tried before, you can still act as fast or nearly as fast as if the code weren't there, just like the problem with adding lag to spot dodges.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
PAL 4.0 needs an update

In this version, fox is broken. It is possible to link two dairs together, meaning that you can dair->dair->dair->etc.->Usmash. Also, I thought we removed the dair fix in the latest plussery set, is this possible even in NTSC-versions? In either way, find a way to fix fox's dair, prefferably without removing dair to u-tilt combo please.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper

Maybe you should actually try playing against it. you can drop your sheild and just jump out, run out, watever you wanna do.
You're all wrong. Or you're all right. Depends how you wanna look at it. The close range lasers will lock your shield. The long range lasers will not. If you're dumb enough to shield standing lasers when in fairly close range, you deserve to get shield locked. It's not like they'll even break your shield.

In this version, fox is broken. It is possible to link two dairs together, meaning that you can dair->dair->dair->etc.->Usmash. Also, I thought we removed the dair fix in the latest plussery set, is this possible even in NTSC-versions? In either way, find a way to fix fox's dair, prefferably without removing dair to u-tilt combo please.
This exists in the NTSC version, as well, and was found when we first got hitstun, actually. I have a 36 hit combo with fox on my wii from just doing 7 or 8 dairs into a usmash. It can be escaped with SDI, however.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
This exists in the NTSC version, as well, and was found when we first got hitstun, actually. I have a 36 hit combo with fox on my wii from just doing 7 or 8 dairs into a usmash. It can be escaped with SDI, however.
Oh, so it's escapable? So I can actually use this? Mhmhmhohaahaaa >:D

D

Deleted member

wut?

anyway you'd best check out the latest PAL builds on nightly builds, much more solid set

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
wut?

anyway you'd best check out the latest PAL builds on nightly builds, much more solid set
Well, that was awesome, didn't know that nightly build also had PAL versions o.O

Lucario sure is kick-*** now, and I like all the other special≠freefall fixes. Great job everyone, I love you ^_^

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
I've never played Brawl+ before but I've been watching the Brawl+ forums lately and I am very interested in trying it out and letting you know my input on anything I enjoy or dislike about it. However, I'm not 100% familiar with all the terms you guys are using, especially the ones explaining the details of the codes such as the difference between BKB and KBG. Is there a page that may have been posted that has a comprehensive explanation of all the terms used so I can better understand all of the changes Brawl+ is using?

5ive

Smash Champion
I've never played Brawl+ before but I've been watching the Brawl+ forums lately and I am very interested in trying it out and letting you know my input on anything I enjoy or dislike about it. However, I'm not 100% familiar with all the terms you guys are using, especially the ones explaining the details of the codes such as the difference between BKB and KBG. Is there a page that may have been posted that has a comprehensive explanation of all the terms used so I can better understand all of the changes Brawl+ is using?
Here you go.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213744

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
i'm just plain too lazy to update my pal version every night >.<, till theres a major change, i'll be sticking with 4.0... since thats the official release anyway

also, if there's been anything "big" since 4.0, make sure to point me at it :p

D

Deleted member

yanoss, there HAVE been major changes since, 4.0 and the latest is very stable etc. I also don't update the PAL set everyday :p more like once or twice a week.

I precompiled everything, so changing sets depends on how fast you can download a 8kb file ;)

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
yanoss, there HAVE been major changes since, 4.0 and the latest is very stable etc. I also don't update the PAL set everyday :p more like once or twice a week.

I precompiled everything, so changing sets depends on how fast you can download a 8kb file ;)
lol, alrighty, i might go grab it a bit later on, but for curiosity's sake, "what" has been changed.... aside from all that crazy experimentation?

D

Deleted member

well, that "crazy" experimentation has mostly been decided to stay since it actually works.

there is a full changelist on the front page of nightly builds.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
well, that "crazy" experimentation has mostly been decided to stay since it actually works.

there is a full changelist on the front page of nightly builds.
ah cool, i've got it updated now anyway, and well... it rocks.

PS: that "crazy" stuff. i meant, i didn't want to get attached to changes/mechanics that weren't gonna stick.

anyway, great work as always.

EDIT: also, the manliest looking combo ever!: ganon's Dthrow > air murder choke/ganoside... *drools*

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
first of all, the ness up b is amazing.

but i just have one question thats been bugging me recently. i cant tell if sdi is the same in brawl+ as it was in normal brawl. because you cant do aerials as soon as your hit anymore, does using the cstick to slow down your trajectory while airborn still work?

D

Deleted member

ah cool, yeah, i've got it updated now, and yeah, it rocks.

PS: that "crazy" stuff. i meant, i didn't want to get attached to changes/mechanics that weren't gonna stick.

anyway, great work as always.

EDIT: also, the manliest looking combo ever!: ganon's Dthrow > air murder choke/ganoside... *drools*
you can follow up a chole with a Dtilt, that combo indeed rocks, might even be able to get a fair in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom