• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Actually, the reason the jump/grav values are the way they are now is due to a lack of understanding of them when we first got the code, and a lack of urgency to change them now. We originally thought that dgrav should be the value that is primarily modded, due to an archaic belief that ugrav screws up jumps. Yes, it does screw up jumps... if you don't change the jumps to compensate properly.

I think kupo has the wrong idea, actually. While perhaps the game could use higher gravity for comboing purposes (as in... dgrav) while lowering the hitstun, the main thing that is slowing this game down is the lack of ugrav, which influences how fast you jump. Now, what kupo is right about is that we need to fix hitstun. Whether that be by using universal dgrav or by getting a character specific hitstun code, it needs to be done. I would like to see the speed handled by ugrav and the hitstun problem by character specific hitstun, and then take it from there.
I don't know how many times I have seen the idea float around and then go nowhere, but if character specific hitstun was possible then that would be BEAUTIFUL.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Isn't histun already character specific technically? We had this discussion a LONG time ago when I said Wolf was too easy to combo.
It is. That's the problem. The game assigns different "hitstun division constants" to the characters, which roughly negatively correlates to fall speed acceleration and is NOT affected by our gravity changes. Characters that fall faster in vb suffer less hitstun. The problem is these proportions are not the same in brawl+, even though the hitstun values that are compensating them are.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I don't think Wolf's shine is necessarily OP, but it does change his game dramatically. Before, it was just used as a combo breaker and reflector. Now, it's an approach and a defensive move too, since it beats anything that's not a shield, and it's not even that hard to time. It sets up combos better than anything he has so it is his ideal combo starter in just about any situation. It also sets up kills at high %s better than anything else.

I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing. That's for the community to decide. And if we get KBG it could solve some problems.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Why not just leave the hitstun values alone?
No offense but you guys might end up doing more harm than good.
It makes things better when you have to learn what characters can be comboes into what. If you could do the same combo to nearly everybody then it'll make things boring later on. It might even make comboing certain characters too easy due to different gravity.
I think people arent trying hard enough with their characters.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Why not just leave the hitstun values alone?
No offense but you guys might end up doing more harm than good.
It makes things better when you have to learn what characters can be comboes into what. If you could do the same combo to nearly everybody then it'll make things boring later on. It might even make comboing certain characters too easy due to different gravity.
I think people arent trying hard enough with their characters.
Because you're wrong?

You wouldn't be able to do the same combo to everyone. All character specific hitstun would do is balance the hitstun out. FFers would still be more susceptible to combos, even though they would suffer less hitstun, while floaties would still be less susceptible to combos, even though they would suffer more hitstun, simply because of their inherent fall speeds.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Oh m'bad. Im thinking in terms of character vs Character specific hitstuns........i walk away nao

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
O/,Wolf Shine need to be with the Set KB,cuz Fox Shine dont have set,if Wolf will have KB,oh man,Fox Reflector will be completly *** compare to Wolf

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
O/,Wolf Shine need to be with the Set KB,cuz Fox Shine dont have set,if Wolf will have KB,oh man,Fox Reflector will be completly *** compare to Wolf
So your saying Wolf's shine needs to have set knockback or it would be too good? You do realize thats one of the things thats makes it so good right?

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
A set KB,but a bit more KB?
I hadn't tried it yet (goin to in a about 20 minutes tho) but if it is too good then that would semi-work. But still, if we could just find the way to set KBG then that would be the ideal solution.

Takoru

Smash Rookie
paprika killer, could you be so nice and upload this files for the PAL version of brawl+?:

SD loader GCT
Offline Play GCT
Online Play GCT

I really want them, because I can't get it working on my PAL wii with the double bct method.
thanks.

D

Deleted member

paprika killer, could you be so nice and upload this files for the PAL version of brawl+?:

SD loader GCT
Offline Play GCT
Online Play GCT

I really want them, because I can't get it working on my PAL wii with the double bct method.
thanks.
first off there is no online/offline set because I haven't included handicap = buffer code.
secondly, you can find the PAL codeset on nightly builds

about the loader thing, I already sent those to someone, but it appears not to work properly (while I myself has no trouble with it).

if you PM me an email adress I'll send you the loader codes, and I will include it in future nightly builds

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I appreciate the feedback on the shield break situation that I brought up earlier. For the record, I'd still like to see shields in twice the danger they are now ;) Perhaps one of you extremist codeset guys would like to experiment with that a little? Try completely removing shield degeneration (while holding) in favor of increased shield damage. Put's a slightly different spin on defending - it would be interesting to see how it plays.

Here's something else that just happened to pop in my head. There's been mixed views about CC all along, and IIRC it's been ruled out for the most part, but here is an interesting idea: how about adding a "just" CC? I remember one of the complaints about CC was it ruining certain jabs. If we make the CC frame sensitive a la the power shield, you'd have to be more precise about CCing through jabs, and any move for that matter. We could even add a cool sound effect to it like the PS and make it all dramatic. Kinda reminds me of 3rd Strike parry in that regard, except you take damage and a little knockback. Like the DJC, it's worth an experiment, methinks.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Reflective perfect shielding. :)
Also, i really like the 4/7 codeset. Mainly because the shield was PERFECT in that version to me. now its just doo-doo.

shanus

Smash Hero
Reflective perfect shielding. :)
Also, i really like the 4/7 codeset. Mainly because the shield was PERFECT in that version to me. now its just doo-doo.
the difference between then and now is .5 frames of shield on weak hits ;-). If anything, the difference shouldn't be that great.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
the difference between then and now is .5 frames of shield on weak hits ;-). If anything, the difference shouldn't be that great.
but it IS. it felt so much more fun to me. shield grabbing didnt happen as much. imo that small number makes a giganticasm difference..yea, gicanticasm. I went there.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

SD loader GCT
Offline Play GCT
Online Play GCT

thanks.
That's weird, I can do it with the Double GCT method. I guess you're just doing something wrong, but dont know what it is ;p

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You guys think it would be too much of an anti-projectile movement to make perfect shielding reflect projectiles straight back? It'd be interesting to see how that'd play out. It certainly would take more skill on the timing side.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Well, its not like a Fox player's going to stand there and shoot you at such a close range, so...

Revven

FrankerZ
We would have to lower shieldstun a **** ton just to get rid of it, which would just practically bring the shield back to its Brawl glory. I don't think it's worth it for just HIS lasers.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Fox's laser's all you gotta do is jump out, rush at him, or both and he'll stop. Its not a big problem. If the cpu can deal with it then it shouldnt cause anyone to panic lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That's not what they're talking about. If you shield Fox's lasers you can't let your shield down because of the shieldstun. It's the same thing as when someone with a fast jab jabs your shield against a wall.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The shield locks are fine.

They are very situational and anyone with half a brain should never have it happen to them.

And in a way they promote smarter shielding which I see as a bonus to them. You can't get rid of them without ruining any sense of balance to shielding, and they will force you to be smart about how you shield and make smarter choices. Like bum rush Fox and force him into a bad position rather then sit there and let him spam your shield down from afar, or lock you up close.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm curious about if two things are possible:

1. Is it possible to remove the hazards (or the hitboxes of them) on some stages like Jungle Japes and Port Town?

2. Recall the "shadow fights" in the subspace emissary, and the stages that they were fought on.

Is it possible to make these stages available in multiplayer?

Revven

FrankerZ
1. Yes (we lack a code for it though).

2. Not at all at this current time (they are stored on the second half of the disc, which is unaccessible to the multiplayer side of the disc, thus when you swap the stage files, it crashes when you select a stage).

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I think Almas had a beta code for removing or weakening stage hazards, but we hadn't decided if we wanted to edit those stages for competitive play. Least that's what he and I had talked about.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I think Almas had a beta code for removing or weakening stage hazards, but we hadn't decided if we wanted to edit those stages for competitive play. Least that's what he and I had talked about.
It's a code long overdue, IMO.

It's a shame about SSE content being inaccessible. I think I've heard it described as "impossible," but with constantly being blown away by the work of the hackers, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually found a way.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
It's a code long overdue, IMO.

It's a shame about SSE content being inaccessible. I think I've heard it described as "impossible," but with constantly being blown away by the work of the hackers, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually found a way.
Enigma worked on trying to find a way to load SSE stages in multiplayer for a month with no success. She said that the only way to do it would be essentially to completely reprogram the stages, which is a whole lot more work than anyone is willing to do.

The code worked by increasing both offense and defense ratios, which would give the illusion of hazards being weaker. Unfortunately, B moves did not seem to be affected by defense ratios, so various B moves were acting as OHKO moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom