• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
The essentials to collect for educational purposes, IMO:

USA:
DEHF, Shugo.

JP:
Masha, SLS.

EU:
Gluttony, BluB.

MEX:
Chota.

Speaking of which, Masha is seriously incredible. That's the best I've ever seen the Diddy match-up played.
Well, actually that is a good Idea. I do believe only very few falcos should be on that new video thread, and that it should be organized by MU's, however I think a few more falcos can be added to your list.

Usa: DEHF, Shugo, Bloodcross, and Pelca are all exceptional falco mains.. some others I would mention are Kismet and Keitaro.

Europe: Blub, Gluttony, and also, DEIMOS has a very nice falco as well.

Japan: SLS, Masha, and perhaps Abadango and Rain (if he has a falco anymore) as well...

Should we make this a thread? Unless everyone will see this, because I want to really discuss this. A new video thread showing the best of Falco in a variety of styles would be great to show new falcos how to start off. :)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I love watching Bloodcross's Falco. Very precise and quick. He is trying to not play Falco now, but he usually comes back to it in the end.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
who is bc trying to play now?

also bc is one of my favorites to watch.

Watching a BC set is like a box of chocolates, you never know what youre gonna get.

but hes been getting really good for longer periods of time for a while now.

Keitaro

His MK and Snake are also very technical and fun to watch. He mainly goes those characters although I remember him going some silly character at LIRR 2 and not placing well losing to at least one player he usually beats with Falco easily.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I personally feel my Falco is right up there with the best, I just don't practice the game enough anymore to really "prove" it, but hey, I'm ranked among the best in one of the best state's, so that's good enough for me rofl

Keitaro

Search for Chota vs Wonf gfs.

Best Mexican players: Waymas (Wario), Wonf (Marth), Chota (Falco), Hyuga (Toon Link), TKD (Fox) in no order.

TKD says Wonf is harder than Mikehaze in his opinion. Wonf also won the Mexican Championship tournament this summer (2nd Chota, 3rd Waymas, TKD wasn't there). TKD says some of them are better than him. Keep in mind this is all TKD's opinion.

All of them are trying to come to Apex btw.

Darktega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktega13
Watched the set.
Chota is good but he was a little too careless in the first matches. I liked his laser game. Wonf is good but I don't have really anything to say.
They both are good players. :3

Now I'm feeling proud to be mexican.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Search for Chota vs Wonf gfs.

Best Mexican players: Waymas (Wario), Wonf (Marth), Chota (Falco), Hyuga (Toon Link), TKD (Fox) in no order.

TKD says Wonf is harder than Mikehaze in his opinion. Wonf also won the Mexican Championship tournament this summer (2nd Chota, 3rd Waymas, TKD wasn't there). TKD says some of them are better than him. Keep in mind this is all TKD's opinion.

All of them are trying to come to Apex btw.
Oh damn, I didn't know there was a Mexican Falco. And they are? That's gonna be sweet. :)

Keitaro

Glutonny is seen using Falco in gfs vs Leon at the Monkey Unit 10 tourney in April but for one match and kinda got destroyed lol.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Did anyone else notice that during the first game on FD against that Diddy, Masha didn't use jab but like twice the entire game?
I don't think Masha uses jab that much in general. The most I've seen him use jab is vs Metaknight, which you need to do in order to do well close range vs Metaknight or at least make it fair fight.

Masha's playstyle is very similar to Rain's Falco. They like to use attacks that keep their opponent at a distance so that they can camp them and will try to force a mistake through their camping.

TKO, I will show you at Apex how to bdacus if you still don't know how to by then.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Masha's playstyle is very similar to Rain's Falco. They like to use attacks that keep their opponent at a distance so that they can camp them and will try to force a mistake through their camping.
Do you believe that is a proper course of action in most match-ups?
If so, which match-ups do you think it doesn't work in?

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Yes, I feel they play Falco the way he should be played for the most part, but I think they should use jab more. Out of all of the Falco players I've watched me, SK92, and SLS use jab the most and we also have the strongest close range game.

In my opinion, Falco is a character that should camp in order to force an opening, then once he does put on a burst of damage. I feel like Masha plays Falco the most accurately in that aspect.

I can't go V115 :(

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
That's the ideal playstyle in the vast majority of match-ups, the risk inherent to intelligently camping with Falco is ... insignificant, ridiculously so. DEHF's primarily "close quarters" playstyle is pretty unique and inimitable, mostly because he relies so heavily on his ability to outthink and adapt.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the man himself.

For the record, DEHF, you should camp more.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
But camping is so boring at times. I'll camp if I'm in the mood for it or if I'm playing Ice Climbers.

Keitaro

DEHF how do you use jab specifically? Like against Snake? I'm afraid to jab False cause i feel like he'll DI away and ftilt or somehow sidestep after my jab. But False said your jab game is perfect and he couldn't do anything.
Any tips on that?

M@v

Subarashii!
DEHF how do you use jab specifically? Like against Snake? I'm afraid to jab False cause i feel like he'll DI away and ftilt or somehow sidestep after my jab. But False said your jab game is perfect and he couldn't do anything.
Any tips on that?
Don't rapid jab often against snake. That's how you wind up getting ftilts to the face. Do single/double jab cancels, and if you see him di'ing away, ftilt him before he has time to get out and attempt to punish.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Any tips on that?
You have to mix up your jabs Keitaro, don't just full jab. Jab 1, jab 2, and the full jab should be used that way they have a harder time predicting what you will do. There are a lot of mix ups you can use after your jabs like jab 1 buffer shield, which will power shield a lot of fast attacks like mk's dsmash or snake's jab.

:phone:

Keitaro

Thanks for the advice. I keep thinking that Snake will punish me after one jab so I have been getting scared and try to do a fast full jab but False is great at SDI so he gets out quickly and in a position I hate (right out of jab range). I will try to mix it up when I play him soon, including double jabs.

Yeah now that I think about it I was jab canceling yesterday vs a Wolf player and False was shocked that I knew how to jab cancel. Shows how much I've been using it against him :p

C.J.

Smash Master

and 5.

Iirc.

Might be 4.

Actually ya i think it's 4
Marth's dsmash is 6 frames so mk's is frame 5.
Alternatively:
Falco's jab is 2, so ike/snake's jab is 3 which means snake'd ftilt is 4 which means mk dsmash is 5 which means snake utilt is 6 etc etc

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I don't see the logical connection between all those numbers. Why so many "which means" ?

Also Keitaro Jab(>Jab)>shield will be your best friend if you're that scared of tilts. Once he understands he can't safely hit you out of your own jab you can begin to mix up.

C.J.

Smash Master
Marth's dsmash is 6 frames so mk's is frame 5.
Alternatively:
Falco's jab is 2, so ike/snake's jab is 3 which means snake'd ftilt is 4 which means mk dsmash is 5 which means snake utilt is 6 etc etc

Top tier character's BnB options while on the ground, in order by frames (+ike jab). MK's ftilt is frame 3 by the same train of though, etc.

It's the easiest way to memorize frame data for multiple characters imo. Put them in sequential order and relate them to top tier characters. Then do the same thing w/ high tier, mid ter, low tier, and bottom tier. It's easier to remember information via chunking (this) instead of just trying to memorize it all.

Keitaro

I beat False in the set 2-1 today!! Thanks for the tips guys!! Almost made the matches I won feel easy, woohoo!!

Top Bottom