• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Ya, I'm actually being a bit unrealistic saying I wanna make it out of pools. Honestly I'll probably drown in Pools 2, but I'm practicing really hard and wanna make it to bracket if at all possible.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Ya, I'm actually being a bit unrealistic saying I wanna make it out of pools. Honestly I'll probably drown in Pools 2, but I'm practicing really hard and wanna make it to bracket if at all possible.
We will only be doing one round of pools.

About 25% of all players will have the ability to make it into bracket, which is better than the 16% we had last time.

A little easier to make it out but still very hard. I plan on making it out of pools this time, I'll train for nothing less.

Darktega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktega13
I'm kind of jealous of you guys. >_> There are almost no tournaments here in my region in Mexico. D:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
finally got around to watching Joe vs Logic

dash attack never looks safe but never gets punished like what?
also I need to phantasm more.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
finally got around to watching Joe vs Logic

dash attack never looks safe but never gets punished like what?
also I need to phantasm more.

Well, Olimar cant grab Falco's dash attack during the initial frames, until near the end because Falco is air borne meaning Olimar can't grab.

It also ends off killing his Pikmin because it does 9% on the strong hit. It IS a useful tool if you know they'll try to grab.

However.. They can always Usmash.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I'm gonna place higher than 9th at a national this time. I can feel it.

Next time I play I'm going to try and mess around with fair and dtilt more than I usually do. I know of a few uses for both of those moves, but I never use them.

kismet2

Smash Ace
dtilt is good and fair isn't bad for when messing up your turn around bair after dthrow lol

but i think you'll do fine

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm gonna place higher than 9th at a national this time. I can feel it.

Next time I play I'm going to try and mess around with fair and dtilt more than I usually do. I know of a few uses for both of those moves, but I never use them.
Full hop fairs on battlefield; they're good.

Keitaro

I'm playing people a lot and often in hopes they start to realize my patterns. That helps me learn what I keep doing that may be predictable so I can find other options that can work.

In other words I want to make myself as non-predictable as possible so people can't figure me out midset.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I'm playing people a lot and often in hopes they start to realize my patterns. That helps me learn what I keep doing that may be predictable so I can find other options that can work.

In other words I want to make myself as non-predictable as possible so people can't figure me out midset.
not sure if drunk or

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr

You could record yourself play and analyze what you're doing yourself or have people analyze your matches for you. It's better and faster than having people analyze your play style in game and try to explain it to you after the match. The person you're playing isn't going to remember all of your habits after playing you so many times, plus there's always going to be habits that they don't find.

M@v

Subarashii!
im still waiting for somebody to successfully pull of the run offstage fair gimp again in tournament.
I've run off Fair Stage Spiked people on battlefield before =).

-Fall of stage backwards(or off ledge)

-Full hop fair

-Last hit stage spikes them of the side of stage.

Keitaro

@DEHF: Thanks, I may try that. I have trouble watching videos where I lose though. I never want to watch them and when I do I'm afraid I will see my mistakes and do them in tourney. Must over come that fear so I can learn from my mistakes.

Going to a tournament this weekend so I gotta learn quick.

I've run off Fair Stage Spiked people on battlefield before =).

-Fall of stage backwards(or off ledge)

-Full hop fair

-Last hit stage spikes them of the side of stage.

-Die a gruesome suicidal death
Fixed :p

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@DEHF: Thanks, I may try that. I have trouble watching videos where I lose though. I never want to watch them and when I do I'm afraid I will see my mistakes and do them in tourney. Must over come that fear so I can learn from my mistakes.
That kind of blows my mind. I hardly ever watch videos I win, but I rewatch losses over and over so I can figure out what went wrong and fix the problem. Helps me a lot.

Lost @ Fix'd.

im still waiting for somebody to successfully pull of the run offstage fair gimp again in tournament.
Goddammit, it wasn't tournament. Last weekend, my friend (who generally places better than me) got rocked by JJRockets in a MM playing ICs - Diddy. I got a chance to play him after that and took about 4/9 stocks with offstage Fair. The reaction to the first one was priceless too. It's funny because it works, but does it work on anyone not named Diddy?

M@v

Subarashii!

Going to a tournament this weekend so I gotta learn quick.

Fixed :p
Not if you do if you do it right :p

Granted is flashy as **** and you should probably never do it in tourney buuuuut still its a surprise factor

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
That kind of blows my mind. I hardly ever watch videos I win, but I rewatch losses over and over so I can figure out what went wrong and fix the problem. Helps me a lot.

Lost @ Fix'd.

Goddammit, it wasn't tournament. Last weekend, my friend (who generally places better than me) got rocked by JJRockets in a MM playing ICs - Diddy. I got a chance to play him after that and took about 4/9 stocks with offstage Fair. The reaction to the first one was priceless too. It's funny because it works, but does it work on anyone not named Diddy?
Could work with Wario if you're doing it right. Maybe Peach too, depending on the stage, because it ****s with her parasol trajectory.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Could work with Wario if you're doing it right. Maybe Peach too, depending on the stage, because it ****s with her parasol trajectory.
Peach can just mash a like mk and nair u right out of it Q.Q

I <3 dat feel when u mean to back air when u read a jump OoS and accidentally fair but it still works. And u just chuckle to urself :p

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
Hi, Falcos! I've been a member here for a while and first became interested in Brawl competitively when I watched APEX 2010's grand finals. Despite that, I usually only lurk, but that's going to change soon. I'm working with a friend to finally get a Brawl scene started around my area. Unfortunately, I don't own a Wii or a copy of Brawl myself, but I'm going to put in as much time into the game as I can. You guys will probably be seeing a lot more of me in the near future. ;)

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
I live in central Virginia (Charlottesville) for school, but I'm actually from Virginia Beach. Brawl players in both areas are starting to organize. If things don't pick up in Virginia Beach, my brothers and I will probably just take things into our own hands within the next year. We'll all be at least eighteen by then.

Top Bottom