• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Goodjob Naridax.
I <3 dat feel when u mean to back air when u read a jump OoS and accidentally fair but it still works. And u just chuckle to urself :p
I hate that feel when I'm too hasty with my Bair OOS and the game reads it as a roll. :T

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
Charlottesville had a smashfest yesterday. I was the best player there. (I wish I challenged more people to money matches!) SmashGOD and Junebug couldn't make it though. They would probably **** me. I'll try to get videos of my games with them.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Did alright yesterday. I beat my nemesis RJ double 2 stock (Falco killer that has beaten me 5+ times plus beaten Pelca and Shugo) then I lost to Nairo last stock mid percent both games.

Fought Orion right away in losers after my crewmate Jbandrew beat him in winners 3rd game last hit. I beat Orion 1 stock mid percent 1st game. 2nd game was PS1 where he won last hit. 3rd game I 2 stocked him on Battlefield (he did sd last stock mid percent.) The matches I won I got the lead and never approached lol. Was channeling Masha through me!!

I felt very accomplished and had to fight Bloodcross's MK and lost first game legitly then 2nd game I was at 0 and him at 70% and I forward B-ed off the stage. After that I was done mentally and he swiftly beat me 2 stock. We are now 3-3 in tourney sets this year. I will settle the score later this year.

Got 7th out of 36. Wish I placed better. Got a little used to placing in the money recently at locals that I never want anything less than top 4 anymore. Back to the practice chambers

I encourage others to go into detail on their tourney placings/sets after a tournament. I find them fun to read plus it is known that we all like to give advice when we can.

Charlottesville had a smashfest yesterday. I was the best player there. (I wish I challenged more people to money matches!) SmashGOD and Junebug couldn't make it though. They would probably **** me. I'll try to get videos of my games with them.
That sounds pretty good. Hope you get to practice against Junebug soon. He's an exceptional player.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I felt very accomplished and had to fight Bloodcross's MK and lost first game legitly then 2nd game I was at 0 and him at 70% and I forward B-ed off the stage. After that I was done mentally and he swiftly beat me 2 stock. We are now 3-3 in tourney sets this year. I will settle the score later this year.

Dem turnaround lasers

Good job beside that Keitaro.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
Falco is SUCH a momentum based character, too. An SD in tournament can be devastating, I know :/ Im at the point now where I shrug off SDs. I take a deep breath and take all the time I need on the starting platform so I can clear my head and also stop my opponent's momentum.

clowsui

Smash Legend
You go to UVa? I'll tell Kaffei to come body all of you. Kid is seriously good

btw i'm starting to use falco again. this character is mega lame/annoying tho

Keitaro

***** it was 3-1 stocks and you rage quit that game LOOL

either way good ish you put in mad work
OMGod I was just watching the set and noticed this and was about to say it lolol. It was a different MK that got me to last stock last hit, you were the guy that I was like F this on PS1 lol! Thanks dude. As advice you gotta not let Falco forward B so freely. Also when you try to go in you should get into hitting zone on me. You would be a distance away where I can't hit you but you couldn't hit me and you would often block so I could run up grab or forward b to safety. Some well spaced fairs even on my shield can provide a lot of pressure. As for stopping forward B you can do random shneutral airs. What annoys me the most is when a MK can run past lasers and roll behind me and dtilt. M2K gets a little predictable with it but it is still annoying.

When we are both next to each other sheilding I will never do an ariel or drop sheild. If my back is facing you I will wait for you to neutral air then I will bair you but if I'm facing you I may drop shield to grab. But you would often neutral air so I always waited. If anything it is probably best to roll away.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
OMGod I was just watching the set and noticed this and was about to say it lolol. It was a different MK that got me to last stock last hit, you were the guy that I was like F this on PS1 lol! Thanks dude. As advice you gotta not let Falco forward B so freely. Also when you try to go in you should get into hitting zone on me. You would be a distance away where I can't hit you but you couldn't hit me and you would often block so I could run up grab or forward b to safety. Some well spaced fairs even on my shield can provide a lot of pressure. As for stopping forward B you can do random shneutral airs. What annoys me the most is when a MK can run past lasers and roll behind me and dtilt. M2K gets a little predictable with it but it is still annoying.

When we are both next to each other sheilding I will never do an ariel or drop sheild. If my back is facing you I will wait for you to neutral air then I will bair you but if I'm facing you I may drop shield to grab. But you would often neutral air so I always waited. If anything it is probably best to roll away.
Learning to approach is hard :glare:
I definitely let you side B a lot, theres a lot of times I dropped shield to dash to where you where gonna be and it just hit me in the initial dash, I shouldve naired there. I also feel like I didn't get solid followups.

who has the replays ??
can you send them to me?

M@v

Subarashii!
And I haven't been to a tourney in about a month :awesome:. Don't have another one until I hold a tourney at penn state the 27th, then a pittsburgh one in november.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont think dehf should come to my tournament, I would like to win my own event =P

and yes that does mean what you think it means.

Keitaro

Learning to approach is hard :glare:
I definitely let you side B a lot, theres a lot of times I dropped shield to dash to where you where gonna be and it just hit me in the initial dash, I shouldve naired there. I also feel like I didn't get solid followups.

who has the replays ??
can you send them to me?
I have the replays and will be uploading the set very soon in HD. Likely tonight.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Kasper!!!!!! Glad to see you are going to play again. You were always one of my favorite falco players to watch :)

:phone:

Keitaro

Orion vs Keitaro

Also at 1:26 is a technique that Mew2King taught me and told me to never tell DEHF. He says if you grab the edge as Falco then jump right away you will still have invincibility frames to be able to jump through Nado. He claims it works all the time.

As a heads up i did not agree with M2K to not telling anyone lol.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Every character in the game can do the invincible ledge hop if they let go early enough.
You get 23 frames of Invincibility when done properly, it's how perfect phantasm planking basically can't be beat, haha.

Same as a properly timed Ledge hop Punch with Dk ( It's invincible ).

Keitaro

M2K said it makes the matchup easier for him against DEHF since M2K claims DEHF does not do this.

I have been considering learning that perfect phantasm planking method. Is it back cstick to immediate phantasm? Although kinda risky I wanna see if I can work it into my ledge game.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
There's two Variations for it.

One is where you use a jump + phantasm to grab the edge.
The other is where you re grab the edge through a ledge drop phantasm.

To do the first one, you need to let go, input a jump and phantasm as soon as possible. So the invincibility frames cover you, basically it's an invincible phantasm.

The second one you take out the jump input completely, input a ledge drop phantasm and you regrab the edge. However on this one, if you mess up, you lose your stock. on the second one, you'll just go over the stage ( Which whatever invincibility you have left ).

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I knew edge jumping through tornado was possible, but I always forget about it lol.

You should practice your bdacus more Keitaro, it would've made it a lot easier to kill, especially since he was DIing in such a way for the bdacus to connect. Watching your set has given me an idea that I want to test out next time I play :)

I think the perfect phantasm planking they're talking about is dropping from the edge and using side b to immediately grab it. Eh, Poke beat me to it.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Use more jab.
You let Salem get away with too many cross-up frolls (most of them were jab1 --> froll behind you --> dtilt).
You let Salem get away with too many dash attacks on shield; it's REALLY unsafe on shield. Punish it with dsmash, shieldgrab or turn around ftilt, depending on how the ZSS spaces it.
You jumped into Salem too many times. You didn't land into many dsmashes, which was good, but you let him punish your landings with quite a few jabs and dash attacks.
You did a good job of avoiding getting dsmashed offstage, keep that up.
I think you should camp more.

Top Bottom