• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

kismet2

Smash Ace
you guys pretty much hit the nail on the head for the luigi mu. make sure you keep luigi out at all times with jab(1/2/3), ftilt, dair, bair, and phantasm to reset his approach on you. most of the things you do will be safe because of luigi's lack of traction so make sure to take advantage of that.

and yes the range on jab is **** <3

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I talked to Havok yesterday about some of the players he played while he was in Japan. he told me he was able to play SLS quite a bit while he was there and he thinks Masha is better.

:phone:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Not surprised, I mean you can see the difference between those 2 in the vids.
Masha just seems to be at the right place everytime, and while SLS is very good too he looks like he takes some unsafe decisions just to be flashy.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I dunno, SLS seems better than Masha to me. I wish he would enter something >_>

clowsui

Smash Legend
SLS is WAY better at pressuring the opponent and using his movement better. Like hands down, lol. I don't think Masha is better than SLS but I do think that he would easily get better results by virtue of how annoying it would be to fight an ironclad defense.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Even if SLS enters I doubt he'll go Falco. He hasn't the last two times he entered and I don't think he entered an event this year yet.

The hell is he doing lol. Oh yeah he was going to enter Sumabato when Vinnie and M2K were there but he lost his controller and refused to use a different one for the tourney.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
i think im dropping falco. playing super gay to win important sets is boring. id rather go mk
I'm shocked you ever picked up Falco in the first place 2 years ago. Thought it was a joke until 8 months went by and you were still sticking with it.

To be honest if I had my MK at the same level of my Falco I'd likely main MK and 2ndary Falco for DDD or Rob maybe. MK simply has an easier time in this game when it comes down to it. Less stress too.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I'd have done that forever ago if my state didn't ****ing ban him.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Likewise.

I was actually gonna drop everyone to main mk b4 the unity stuff happened. Stuffs been so inconsistent on the matter i've decided it's just not worth it.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Yeah except I'd use Falco on the swarm of MKs since it's sooooo free.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
see but i enjoy falco and hate mk, but with the way the game is played, its boring either way so Id rather just go MK. I'm probably just being a ***** and won't end up dropping falco, we grew a love for each other over these past years ;*

M@v

Subarashii!
Go with who you feel your better with. That simple. I've tried to main mk but my falco still performs better even when I don't practice him so that's why I'm sticking to him *shurg*. I guess I just grasp the character better somehow.

M@v

Subarashii!
^ This.

Have the most tourney experience with him, maining him since '09. I've used mk for that long too, but only in certain matchups (Ice climbers/pika, sometimes marth).

Same story with fox. He easily has my 2nd most amount of tournament match experience behind falco, not mk. Why I still maintain him as a counterpick character.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I almost ran back a set last weekend against our Marth player after having to essentially forfeit game one due to controller malfunction (I was just FSmashing randomly and it got me grabbed for a 0-death, then I accidentally paused trying to fix it. We restarted and I suicided to make it two stocks to three and got subsequently three stocked playing from behind). I won my CP on game two and was playing phenomenally against him on BF until I lost sight of my spacing with an 80ish% lead and got grabbed at the right position to get 0-deathed by Fthrow-Fthrow-Dair-SideB. I've thought about it later and the easy answer to win that set is not to get grabbed and not to button test, but it had me thinking.

Marth grabs you at zero. You're near enough to the ledge that it's happening. You get Fthrow-Fthrow-Daired. You can make it back if he doesn't pursue at all and just grabs the edge (barely), but if he comes down and Dancing Blades your recovery once, you die.

But, what happens if you don't care about living anymore? In my example, I had a significant enough lead on stock 3. Falco's Dair is really ****ing good. If you know he's coming down after you, could you just double jump and suicide spike? Hell, you could try UpB after and if he out of habit tries to recover, he could knock you high enough to actually make it back. If I had tried that, maybe it connects and I win?

If that doesn't work, look at dancing blade. He hits you once, then he double jumps away and UpB's. Could you SDI that hit hard and above him then mash out a Dair? At that point, you're not making it back unless he lets go of the ledge like an idiot. Why not bet the farm?

I don't have another person I can test this with until WABA weekend after next. I'd like to know beforehand because I am running back that match in a MM at WABA. If someone could test Marth suicide technology, that would be awesome. I would love to sit down and tell him to try and avoid Ryker's Last Gambit and have him wonder wtf I'm talking about. Personally, I'd prefer not to get grabbed, but it's still worth a look regardless.

In a semi-related query, what stages would you suggest in that MU? Neutral, CP, and Ban. I know my particular Marth doesn't like jank, so I generally go PS2/Delphino as a player CP, but I default to either Halberd or PS1 against others or on different rulesets.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
On MK, I played him after being frustrated with losses to the character before my state (thankfully) banned him. I won a lot of free sets on RCruise and Brinstar (especially when I got CPed there in the beginning before people realized I was playing something other than Falco there) because I already knew the stages well and was good at abusing MK on them. On any other stage, I got my wins off of knowing the ledge more than anything (especially in doubles).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You can't SDI DB1, so spare the time trying that.
What you can try is SDI Marth's Dair.
Yeah, maybe if he tries it when he could've regrabbed you and Dthrw-Dthrow-Dthrow-FSmash. However, most of the time, unless he's super greedy, you're getting spiked from so far out you'd need to be a walking Falco TAS.

I know DB1's SDI modifier is hella low, but every little bit helps in that situation. Mainly, it's the hit stun vs. Marth's movement from jump. I found it a less likely scenario, but worth looking at seeing as that's the point you're truly screwed.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
pretty sure you can. but the hitlag/sdi multipliers are really low, so you go almost nowhere. the 4th downward hit obviously hits multiple times, giving you more opportunities to make the inputs to get out, though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
pretty sure you can. but the hitlag/sdi multipliers are really low, so you go almost nowhere. the 4th downward hit obviously hits multiple times, giving you more opportunities to make the inputs to get out, though.
Almost certain this is the case (similar to Ivysaur bullet seed).

Top Bottom