• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Welp, went to WABA this weekend. I was the highest placing Falco at 25th/103. Why do all Atlantic South Falcos suck? (aside from maybe kismet, of course)

@Ryker - dude, most def. it was a pleasure meeting you and commentating with you. I'll see you at Apex?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Welp, went to WABA this weekend. I was the highest placing Falco at 25th/103. Why do all Atlantic South Falcos suck? (aside from maybe kismet, of course)

@Ryker - dude, most def. it was a pleasure meeting you and commentating with you. I'll see you at Apex?
Cuz we don't have the ****ing blacks, and the ones we do have aren't the ones we need.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I've never been to a Smash tournament. Are there any you know of in Evansville, Indiana?
What I can tell you is to go to the main page and hit Regional Zones and hopefully you can handle it from there.

This is probably the best image I have seen in a long time. Although, the wobbefett trenchcoat on this page (40ppp) is pretty close.

Why does anyone here even play Falco? I cannot figure out why I even play as this character anymore. Perhaps I will gain insight from other people. Then again, maybe not.

BSP

Smash Legend
Because he jumps high and shoots a gun

Seriously though, i think he just flows well.

:phone:

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I main Falco 'cause I can do a lot of cool tricks with him :awesome:

On a serious note, Falco is such a good character to use. He has great damage output and good kill power. I feel like it gets difficult to kill with at times, but honestly, landing his kill moves don't feel terrible if you compare him to the rest of the cast and what they potentially have to endure to land a kill.

He requires a good amount of precision, but if you're willing to practice and sharpen the tools you have available he is a great character.

I'm curious, where do you guys think Falco belongs on the tier list?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
mk ics

diddy olimar pika

Snake marth falco

order means nothing

but i feel those are separate tiers of viability.

kismet2

Smash Ace
i think falco's top 3

he has the best projectile that gives him alot frame traps with jab and a really good moveset that do a really good job of covering him. best spotdodge and his rolls go very far so you can escape pressure easily. his aerials are also generally lagless for the most part so you can easily cross anyone up to get in for free and great pressure. he has the highest jump in the game which means that you can avoid anything especially with platforms and phantasm to get around the stage(and you have the potential to land with an aerial for a crossup). you don't have to commit to anything with falco and you can put your opponent in nasty situations for free. you cover most options that aren't on the ledge but other than that he has very strong stage control and juggling is free for falco. he has too many mixups and laser damage as the game goes on really hurts your opponent. i also forgot to mention that since falco has the highest jump you can't corner him ;) either you phantasm to the other side or you full hop to see what they do then fastfall laser/aerial(nair/dair/bair) if they try to punish a predicted phantasm and maybe a couple ledgehop lasers.

EDIT: lasers make falco ******** good lol. xeylode i main falco because he's good as **** and i'm black

I keep thinking falco sucks. In all my time going over random stuff regarding stuff like how bad phantasm should be, how safe his moves actually are, and the faults in using lasers along with his faults in recovery, weight, and ease of achieving KOs, I think Falco should be pretty bad. But, it is brawl and all the other character are honestly worse. I guess I sort of agree with his tier list spot. I disagree with who might be over him, but certainly agree he is in a mix with a number of others.

BSP

Smash Legend
I think Falco is top 7 at worst.

Falco's KO power could be muuuuuuuuuch worse lol. Use Sonic some, and then you'll think Falco is lucky.

I agree with what Kismet said in that paragraph. I'm gonna be hypocritical here and go on theory some, but if you look at all of Falco's tools in combination, he can stay safe while constantly applying pressure and easily putting the opponent in bad situations. I don't think there's anything he can't handle.

Oh, and his full hop. That thing is the best + all of the options you've got to mix it up.

Not too long ago I attempted some matches with some people using only Solomar and never really attempted that before. That is an example of a lack of fire power. I think his 2nd strongest KO move becomes jab2.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
BSP is right. when you play sonic or samus, you start to just laugh at every other character that complains about having trouble killing.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
That spindash to back air though. Drop my shield for one second while Sonic is across the stage and blam!

But seriously Sonic/Samus suck at killing.

Darktega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktega13
Yeah, Falco is pretty lucky, he has good decent power compared to other caracters.

I personally started maining it beacuse it's satisfying to land a killing blow with almost any attack... Overall, spiking the **** out of people. But well, it resulted being a funny and complex character in brawl and I find it interesting.

kismet2

Smash Ace
I keep thinking falco sucks. In all my time going over random stuff regarding stuff like how bad phantasm should be, how safe his moves actually are, and the faults in using lasers along with his faults in recovery, weight, and ease of achieving KOs, I think Falco should be pretty bad. But, it is brawl and all the other character are honestly worse. I guess I sort of agree with his tier list spot. I disagree with who might be over him, but certainly agree he is in a mix with a number of others.
lol you should never think like that. if you know how to apply something correctly and understand when to use something then it's good. getting a kill will only come if your opponent will let you so until that happens you have to open them up with falco's frame traps and setups. falco strongly rewards patience, positioning, and spacing. i used to believe that falco sucked but it was just me as a player.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
MK / ICs
[Falco / Snake / Oli / Diddy] <- all pretty much interchangeable.

Marth is a bit overrated and not quite on the same level as the others. Falco could be anywhere from 3rd to 6th. I definitely think Falco is > Oli / Diddy though. The only way Diddy can rise up again is via nana locks imho.

:059:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's funny, outside of MK Falco has probably been the most stable character in top tier.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Falco is broken lol, just not in every aspect.

Sadly his technical errors are rather unforgiving, his recovery is average at best and he's prone to locks/CGs.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
His recovery is hard to gimp and he's like the best character at getting back from the ledge onto the stage.

:059:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
When the game first came out in Japan there were no videos of over half the cast anywhere online. Dmbrandon had the game imported so I went to his place to play and the most important thing for me was to see if Falco still had his reflector that hits up.

So when I played I picked him, 3, 2, 1, GO, pressed down B and screamed WHAT THE ****?!?!?! lol it was hilarious.

Then randomly after dthrowing 5 different times I thought that maybe I can run and do it again. IT WORKED! It was hilarious because Falco usually gets chain grabbed by Marth in Melee but in this game I could chain grab Marth with Falco! From there I mained Pit for about a week but Falco was my best character since people couldn't survive the cg spike at all back in Feb/March 2008. Was getting top 4 consistently, those were the days :(

Random other fun stuff about seeing characters for the first time.

*picked Ganon, 3, 2, 1, GO, tried to run, saw him move 2 inches and I threw my controller lol! That was probably the most wtf moment.

*Sheik was nerfed HARD. Felt like the same character but with her moves decreased in knockback by 4. Was very sad but we were happy in the end cause she was pretty easy to use in Melee.

*My friends and I kept trying to drill shine with Fox but we slowly began to realize it was ***.

*Jiggs got nerfed. Once we saw that her rest couldn't kill at 0-10 percent anymore we auto considered her laughable.

*Link was already not that good in Melee but we laughed hard at his recovery.

*Pit was broken cause no one knew how to punish him fast enough after his fast smash attacks.

*DDD/Snake were OD too. Snake was considered the best in the game for a month or 2 and some tournies had top 5 results with 3 to 4 Snakes in them.

My youtube had some of the first videos of many characters online. This was the first time I ever seen/played Falco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBaExxbk6Vc&feature=plcp

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
What I've (accurately) concluded is that Falco is bad but the rest of the cast is worse. Fair enough.

ROFL @ Keitaro's response to Ganon. I can see it so clearly.

Top Bottom