• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'll bet money that your setup is "play an 8 man bracket for a pool have the 2 winners side and 2 losers side people make it out"
That is pretty much what Chibo (Head of Apex TOs) and I (Head Apex Brawl TO) did for COT 6 and SKTAR respectively sooo....

Close, but no cigar ;D

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I know, I know!

You're going to draw names from a hat and seed it that way!

Then you'll make everyone play best of 3's.
In groups of 6's.

And draw three names in that pool from a hat and those three names get out!

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I know, I know!

You're going to draw names from a hat and seed it that way!

Then you'll make everyone play best of 3's.
In groups of 6's.

And draw three names in that pool from a hat and those three names get out!

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Hopefully I have better seeding than last year. I was seeded 5th in my pool and I still (barely) made it out @-@

But then I got ***** 2nd round in pools so it's k

Keitaro

Hopefully I have better seeding than last year. I was seeded 5th in my pool and I still (barely) made it out @-@

But then I got ***** 2nd round in pools so it's k
Once again, DM/Doom seeding :/

You would have at worst gotten 3rd seed if I did the seeding, if not 2nd.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Keitaro da bess~

Also it might be because I registered as DJ Arcatek as opposed to DJ Jack and I don't think anyone would recognize who DJ Arcatek is all of a sudden so.... there's that too rofl

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I feel like I should go to some big tourney in nov/dec and place high so I dont get seeded like a scrub since I havent entered a tourney since the last apex.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm almost certain Ed would body Ryker, but hey, I'm always welcome to surprises :D

Btw, Ed, you're going to WABA? cool to hear
Probably, but, after this, I'll MM him at WABA or APEX one. I sincerely doubt he can make me hate that MU. I think Drew is prolly just free. <3

You're on, Ed.

:phone:

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
DEHF. Every single time I see your Avi, I always look at it and think it's the Coyote who tries to catch the Road Runner, and every time I tell myself "It's someone with a sword using a rope to go down a cliff.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
If we go by Inui Logic..

Rain > Japan > Otori/ Nietono > America > Rain < DEHF > M2K > America > Rain.

DEHF > Everyone. According to Inui.

Keitaro

Rain has been the most consistent he has ever been after Apex. Winning 9 tournaments in Japan and only losing 1. I think Rain has the best shot at winning also. Many Americans are doubting him because of the past but they better open their eyes.

As long as he doesn't have to fight Larry lol, Rain will do very well.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
LOL, Rain doesn't play the Falco match up very well. A lot of MK players don't play it that well from what I've seen.

I also think Rain will outplace Otori. I feel like Rain always quickly improves on his weaknesses.

clowsui

Smash Legend
RAIN is ****ing incredible lol. He's so much *** vs Falco but he's a really really really good player and there are only three world class Falcos that are relatively active anyways (Shugo, Masha, DEHF).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't see how Rain is any more *** at the Falco match-up than M2K, Kakera, Tyrant or any other MK who has played this match-up vs either DEHF or Masha. All of them have a losing record in 2012 except Otori who has a last hit win vs DEHF - the only other MK who has 'winning record' over one of them is Havok's win vs Masha. The match-up is just very, very difficult for MK and MK virtually never beats top level Falcos any higher than last hit anymore.

Whether Otori or Rain will place higher is up in the air though. Rain has shown weaknesses to Diddy Kong recently whereas Otori didn't show any particular weakness but has never shown himself to be able to shut specific opponents down like Rain does vs Nietono and vs Mikeneko either. I do think that it will turn out in Otori's favor though so unless something changes I predict Otori to outplace Rain again.

:059:

kismet2

Smash Ace
it's because falco's broken lol not many people used the character right but i think people are starting to learn. speaking of masha, i love how he zones he's so good at it XD

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Rain has been the most consistent he has ever been after Apex. Winning 9 tournaments in Japan and only losing 1. I think Rain has the best shot at winning also. Many Americans are doubting him because of the past but they better open their eyes.

As long as he doesn't have to fight Larry lol, Rain will do very well.
The question is which will do better, not which will win the tournament. My money's on USA. Larry going to make me some money.

:phone:

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I don't see how Rain is any more *** at the Falco match-up than M2K, Kakera, Tyrant or any other MK who has played this match-up vs either DEHF or Masha. All of them have a losing record in 2012 except Otori who has a last hit win vs DEHF - the only other MK who has 'winning record' over one of them is Havok's win vs Masha. The match-up is just very, very difficult for MK and MK virtually never beats top level Falcos any higher than last hit anymore.
Just because majority of the MK players have a losing record vs the top Falco players doesn't mean they're all as good at the match up than the others. Out of all the top MK players I've played in the match up Rain is one of the worse. His edge guarding vs Falco isn't that good compared to the other MK players, which makes the match up a lot easier. Mew2King and Otori are the best MK players I've played in the match up, one of the main reasons being they edge guard Falco so well.

We will see ryker. I gotta improve on a few match ups first.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Am I the only one that didn't know you could walk forward between Jab 1 and Jab 2 ?
I feel silly for not noticing it sooner.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
it's because falco's broken lol not many people used the character right but i think people are starting to learn. speaking of masha, i love how he zones he's so good at it XD
Masha's fundamental laser - illusion game is terrifying. Really brings into perspective how broken the core strategy can be when implemented correctly.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I think Laser + Jab + Grab + Phantasm is all you should do as Falco until the opponent reaches death percentage. Once they reach death percentage, the equation changes a bit. It becomes Up Smash + Up Smash + Up Smash + Hail Mary Forward Smash.

Top Bottom