• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

I just figured Kirby had a difficult time getting in (like most characters), but once inside and he gets under marth its easily in Kirby's advantage.

Blad01

Smash Lord
So I'm thinking about going back to a tournament.

If I want to win, is Falco still a fine choice ? I would probably play it a lot more defensively than I used to.

Or do I have to main MK or another character ?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

If I want to win, is Falco still a fine choice ? I would probably play it a lot more defensively than I used to.

Falco is surely a great choice and has the ability to win tournaments of all sizes. Just have to practice and do your best to get as far as you can.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher

Make sure to work out as many habits as you can, remember to be creative, make sure every one of your moves has a purpose, stay unpredictable, and use every move to their potential.

All you can do is your best.

& Welcome back.

Where the **** have you been? I'm really glad to see you back. I'll have to tell someone about this.

I am not entirely sure the last time you were around. I keep thinking back to like 2010 or something like that. The general consensus is that Falco has poor match-ups against pikachu and ice climbers. Some argue its pretty bad while I see DEHF telling us he and Esam think its probably like a (60:40) at worst. Pretty much everyone else is an even or greater match-up. So, its entirely possible to do tournaments as falco only still.

Besides its a bonus to be probably the most annoying character for anyone to face.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
What's your reasoning for opting to go Kirby vs Marth?
because I can't avoid the chaingrab like ever honestly and for whatever reason I have an easier time getting in with Kirby than with Falco

something about fighting no projectile characters with my no projectile characters just kinda feels right.

that and Kirbys grab range makes it easy to run up and shield grab Fairs and Side-Bs and being under marth seems to be an advantageous position. not like he's gonna come down with Dair or some ****.

I don't think it's in Kirby's favor tho. Just easier for me compared to playing Marth v Falco

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion

Is this a Mirage ? Or an Elaborate prank ?

Falco Social: Return of the ancient Bread.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
because I can't avoid the chaingrab like ever honestly and for whatever reason I have an easier time getting in with Kirby than with Falco

something about fighting no projectile characters with my no projectile characters just kinda feels right.

that and Kirbys grab range makes it easy to run up and shield grab Fairs and Side-Bs and being under marth seems to be an advantageous position. not like he's gonna come down with Dair or some ****.

I don't think it's in Kirby's favor tho. Just easier for me compared to playing Marth v Falco
I see.

Also just realized you're TKO. Neat.

Darktega here, I main Falco and I'm mexican. What's the current thread?
Social Bakery

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Next time we are at the same tourney Xzax I'll show you some tricks in Falco dittos. Notice when you reflect my lasers I never get hit? I shoot the second laser then block vs Falcos that like to reflect. So I'm either hitting you with lasers or blocking a reflected laser. A good thing to keep in mind if you ever fight a Falco that reflects a lot.

Also I have killed BC, Pelka, and you with surprise upsmash at the ledge. When you grab the ledge, it is common for Falcos to immediately drop down, jump, then forward B. If you are at kill percent and your opponent is kinda near you should never do this because I will just run up and upsmash you before you phantasm. I am always looking for this and so is DEHF (learned it from fighting him in friendlies 2 years ago) For some reason almost every Falco let's me get them with that kill every set and is something that could be easily avoided by drop down jump far back and forward B or drop down jump to nuetral air to hit your opponent before their upsmash comes out.

Bring PA to RJ's Rescue tourney in North NJ at the beginning of October please.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
We can Dacus reflector if it hits us.
You know, it hits on frames 4-6, then has 45 frames of cool down.

Also. Also.

BDacus out of Rapib Jab because people have bad SDi.
Do it. Do it. It will make you Chibi Face.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Next time we are at the same tourney Xzax I'll show you some tricks in Falco dittos. Notice when you reflect my lasers I never get hit? I shoot the second laser then block vs Falcos that like to reflect. So I'm either hitting you with lasers or blocking a reflected laser. A good thing to keep in mind if you ever fight a Falco that reflects a lot.

Also I have killed BC, Pelka, and you with surprise upsmash at the ledge. When you grab the ledge, it is common for Falcos to immediately drop down, jump, then forward B. If you are at kill percent and your opponent is kinda near you should never do this because I will just run up and upsmash you before you phantasm. I am always looking for this and so is DEHF (learned it from fighting him in friendlies 2 years ago) For some reason almost every Falco let's me get them with that kill every set and is something that could be easily avoided by drop down jump far back and forward B or drop down jump to nuetral air to hit your opponent before their upsmash comes out.

Bring PA to RJ's Rescue tourney in North NJ at the beginning of October please.
God, you want to be laser gimped, don't you?

There are multiple options in this game and multiple counters to most of them. The trick for beating a counter to your option is to time it right.

I want to say Whu Ching is that phantasm sound. Not sure what hua is about though.

swordsaint

Smash Master
There are multiple options in this game and multiple counters to most of them. The trick for beating a counter to your option is to time it right.

I want to say Whu Ching is that phantasm sound. Not sure what hua is about though.
i believe it's the jab.

Top Bottom