• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's a running gag that's not going to stop. We have too much fun with it. It's like TWSS, a joke that's run into the ground that you will always bust out given the set-up.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Sup. I'm back
Kirby got boring.
couldn't escape the natural black instincts of playing Falco

someone teach me to Bdacus.

Edit: nvm found it.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Sup. I'm back
Kirby got boring.
couldn't escape the natural black instincts of playing Falco
-1 kirby activity.

A lot of people seem to be losing interest in kirby nowadays.
Or that's just me rarely seeing any other kirby users in FL.

It's the same thing for me too, going for :lucario: more in friendlies. *shrug*

Sup. I'm back
Kirby got boring.
couldn't escape the natural black instincts of playing Falco.
-1 kirby activity.

A lot of people seem to be losing interest in kirby nowadays.
Or that's just me rarely seeing any other kirby users in FL.
It's the same thing for me too, going for :lucario: more in friendlies. *shrug*
The kirby sterotype. Spacing and letting loose those bears all day long. I can see why people are dropping him for the cooleo bird :smirk:

I like kirby though except for a few problems :( Not the largest options of approaches. Limited range OoS. Little to no poke moves. Lack of a proper projectile.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm only thinking that kirby mainers aren't really taking advantage of these moves:

Inhale and Swallow
Nair
Jab
Pivot Grab
Ground Hammers

If they were to do this more, then I would expect them to stick with kirby. That's just my two cents though.
I've played falco before and didn't get used to him at all, lol. I can only expect that many people have thier own preferences when it comes to characters.

Great, now you will be stuck in disney land.
I'm only thinking that kirby mainers aren't really taking advantage of these moves:

Inhale and Swallow
Nair
Jab
Pivot Grab
Ground Hammers
I have no idea how you can get nair to be useful as kirby o.0 One second of duration. The knockback is pretty bad. And a sizable chunk of landing lag to top it off.

I mean, when is it ever good to use that move over Uair, Bair or Fair?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Kirby's nair can be used against Falco's firebird. It's used the same way as Marths use the first hit of dancing blade (gimping). When Kirby comes in contact with Falco using nair, both characters' animations are reset, and Kirby can secure the edge.

It can also be used against Falco's phantasm. It's probably his best option to hit Falco during phantasm.

I don't know any more uses off the top of my head. I'm sure Chu has some nice ways to utilize it, but don't know where to find it in his videos. Kuro, what did you learn from him?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It's one of those things where u know the character so well u know when to use every move and u see those situations where only this move fills that gap. I haven't watched his vids in ages so idr much.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
It's one of those things where u know the character so well u know when to use every move and u see those situations where only this move fills that gap. I haven't watched his vids in ages so idr much.
Traitor 2 da Falco clan

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Great, now you will be stuck in disney land.

I have no idea how you can get nair to be useful as kirby o.0 One second of duration. The knockback is pretty bad. And a sizable chunk of landing lag to top it off.

I mean, when is it ever good to use that move over Uair, Bair or Fair?
9 frames is the Landing Lag on Nair, Kirby's Nair.
And Nair at the right damages against Falco, sends him low enough to be laser locked if he missed the tech ( Though, we can SDi Kirby's lasers ).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Anyone going to Deluks' Get Hype II? Or Clowsui and Hilt's Retribution?

Looking to chill with more people when I get out and about. I've got a chance to travel a lot here recently. I also plan to go to APEX.

~~~~~~~

Man, it's funny how I picked up Ike to secondary for Falco (Don't look at me like that. I like him and I hate ICs. It works, I swear) and it works so much better in reverse. My least favorite MUs for Ike are MK, Olimar, and D3. I mean, realistically, it doesn't work better because Ike has to work much harder than Falco in a lot of MUs, but the ones worth switching to a secondary on are all in Falco land.

I play Ike because I love the fact that his USmash makes every moment have the potential for a satisfying hard read. Nothing hard about Ike. Be right, **** *****es, make money. Even bad MUs, just be righter because they actually get more than you or are Olimar and you just can't ****ing hit him. Talk to me about how to set-up situations where I can take risks with Falco for satisfying pay-out. Set-ups for traps that lead to pay offs. What to do out of a mid range laser. Throw and juggle traps. Dair tricks. Anything. Give me something to think about and work on.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
def was gone at the too the beach for like all the kirby discussion but

Nair as a move relative to the rest of Kirby's Aerial kit is garbage

the reason Kirby users mainly use but like 6 moves is because those or so moves are the only ones that really serve a purpose/safe enough to warrant using.

yeah when I played kirby extensively I tried to find uses for things like reverse inhales and pivot hammers and jab (although jab grab catches people alot for no reason) but in the end it all comes back down to throws Uptilts Fsmashes bairs and dairs.

competitively kirby is boring as ****. and its not fun playing Kirby vs. anyone who can camp correctly.

I still use him for a few matchups like Marth and a few other low tiers but as far as MK's Snakes and IC's definitely keeping the Falco up.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Is this a charged bdacus?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whTakPxlez4#t=1m5s

I've been meaning to try it out but wasn't sure if it was useful. Looks very useful here for predicting air dodges, which is what I was looking to use it for.

And since it is a bdacus you can charge it to making it kill earlier like in the vid. Havok would have most likely lived if the upsmash wasn't charged.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Masha's so good.

def was gone at the too the beach for like all the kirby discussion but

Nair as a move relative to the rest of Kirby's Aerial kit is garbage

the reason Kirby users mainly use but like 6 moves is because those or so moves are the only ones that really serve a purpose/safe enough to warrant using.

yeah when I played kirby extensively I tried to find uses for things like reverse inhales and pivot hammers and jab (although jab grab catches people alot for no reason) but in the end it all comes back down to throws Uptilts Fsmashes bairs and dairs.

competitively kirby is boring as ****. and its not fun playing Kirby vs. anyone who can camp correctly.

I still use him for a few matchups like Marth and a few other low tiers but as far as MK's Snakes and IC's definitely keeping the Falco up.
What's your reasoning for opting to go Kirby vs Marth?

Top Bottom