• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
It's not Tope's playing style that gets you; it's his in-game heckling and sexually-charged harassment

EDIT - And his invisible attack hamsters

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Once again I get hit with bad luck. Money was taken out of my card to pay for something else automatic. And I wasted all that I had to put cash on my card. Now Not sure if I can even get what I need to pay for this. Now I gotta ask around and see what I can do.

Does Reg end friday? I hope so and I should have enough time to pay for this.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
****, Romeo must be amazing then...
scc was the worst i've ever played in the 2 years i've played this game, and i still took over $100 from u guys in MMs and beat a lot of your top ranked players. now stfu about it -___-

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
So we are paying 70$ for just singles, and doubles if we dont get picked for regional crews???

I think thats massed up... Why cant u do crews so everybody can play??

OTRU...

Smash Champion
i kinda feel like im getting gipped by paying 70 when i wont even play in crews, its kinda lame how people who wont be part of crews cant participate in a 3rd event, it would be cool if you guys considered to change this, just my 2 cents...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Indeed, and probably we will not have enough for Canada regionals... I really want regular crews too.. I vote Joe Bushman, Me, Renth and Chaddd as a crew lol. =P

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i kinda feel like im getting gipped by paying 70 when i wont even play in crews, its kinda lame how people who wont be part of crews cant participate in a 3rd event, it would be cool if you guys considered to change this, just my 2 cents...
regional crews are not for money, so yeah no need to worry about that.

The main focus of the tournament is having an extremely detailed and accurate well-ran and efficient teams and singles bracket. I need to make sure I have enough time, and regionals are the side event in which take up the LEAST amount of time. Crews tend to take FOREVER, and in order for me to do crews it would only be single elimination (and this could STILL be pushing time quite possibly). Also the tournament started out as 60, not 70. The upcharge was necessary to get people to register so i could somewhat have a gauge on how many people would come.

I really don't like hearing everyone complain about the price, I'm not Manacloud. And to prove I'm not Manacloud, ill write out what the money is going towards.

Singles Payouts - $20 per person
Team PayoutS - $20 per person
Security for the venue (MANDATORY) - $900
Housekeeping for the venue (Mandatory) - $650
Tables/Chairs setup - $150
Audio/Visual (For house microphone sound/cordless mic's.. projector screen) - $300
Money to pay back people who bring setups ($15 per setup, $3 per extension chord/power strip for the first 15 to tell me theyre bringing them) @60 setups AT LEAST expected+the chords- $1000
Food for both days - $750
Money for gas/drawiing supplies i had to buy for sketches/other organizational **** i bought -$50 or so.

Also, paypal takes out $2.14 out of each $60 registration, leaving me with a net of $57.86.
After subtracting singles/teams payouts from that, it leaves $17.86 per person for venue fee/food.

There are more expenses, but that alone is $3800. If i take that number and divide it by 17.86 I need 213 registrants simply to break even, so if I don't get that I'll have to take out of teams pot.

I know a lot of people are paying more than $60, but nonetheless the numbers still stand. Any extra money is going to the pot, and the only people doubting it or feeling jipped are the people that don't know me.

Lastly, as you read above (and i posted in the TAFORUMS thread if anyone saw that) I'm offering $15 per setup now, so please everyone check the list and if i forgot to add you, PM me telling me how many ur bringing.
Heres a list of things ill redeem money for

Setup - $15
Extension cord - $3 (Valid for first 15 people to offer)
Power strip - $3 (Valid for first 15 people to offer)
RF Adapters.. the ones so we can hook up old tvs to gc's. - $3 (Valid to first 15 people to offer)

Hmm, hopefully that helps to ease people a bit

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I'm down to team with anyone who is going. I can play fox, falco, and peach. any character team mate is fine, I don't have a strong preference. IM me at Cuba Is Death on AIM if you are down.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Plank, I'll bring an RF adapter, but you can keep the $3, because it's just $3, lol.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Haze I'm down to team, and if we ever fight ganons you can go jiggs and double rest 'em both on Brinstar. We got this

QUIVO

Smash Master
I have a question if anyone could answer...

So, When I registered and filled everything out, Paypal was calling it a "shipping address" and I thought it was just a billing address. So are they going to send me something? If so, then they're going to have the wrong address since I just moved and my parents don't live in the same house. Does it matter or not?

Also, does anyone need a partner in teams?

Alukard

Smash Hero
I NEED A PARTNER FOR THIS .... >.> i am pretty good at doubles ... i come in 1st every weekly in nyc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom