• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
I've signed up, and I will bring one television (the small one I always bring to C3s and whatnot), my cube and my Wii. One full setup, and a half.

I can bring VCRs if anyone wants me to.

I paid 70 dollars for a tournament... seriously... me... God****it.

chillindude829

Smash Master
sorry raftbuilder but this was byfar the least professional online registration i've ever seen. maybe in the future you could refrain from random fees and cutoff times.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
PEOPLE OF EVERYWHERE

I Got everything

mango is ready 2 go and team with forward

SeanJosephForwardAndDownB

****!!!

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
I think I'm a homosexual feminine cleanliness product. A gay douche if you will...

Reason being, I might not be able to make it to this.

=\

Gotta... see... Maine...

<3 Maine...<3 Lobsters... </3 Canadian border.

Added: To make sure I'm not wasting space, i would like to make it clear that I'm going to be almost sure to come sunday, and i will bring Smash game, TV, and wii/Gc (whichever I grab...)

If I cannot, my best regards to all, and I hope Chu doesn't win ANOTHER Pound. That's nothing against chu, just... 3 pounds in a row? It's just not fair!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
sorry raftbuilder but this was byfar the least professional online registration i've ever seen. maybe in the future you could refrain from random fees and cutoff times.
The "random" fees are used to motivate people and get them to register so I can get an estimated number of people and start preparing earlier for the tournament. Otherwise, I have no idea about how many people are coming and can't do anything. The only "random" deadline was a week before the tournament, which is so I can create the bracket, get team information straightened out, do food shopping, and other things necessary.

I agree that the paypal messing up and going down a few times wasn't professional, but that was out of my control. I worked as hard as I could and probably spent a total of 10 hours on the phone with paypal customer service, so don't give me ****.

Don't be bitter because you're used to special treatment at tournaments chillin, you weren't being *****y about things until you realized you weren't getting any.

Dark.PCH let me know if you figure out a way, otherwise we'll work something out.

Mango - Good ****

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd have to say that despite all the problems, pound 3 would not be happening without plank.

Therefore, I suggest we buy a cooler and fill it with ice and gatorade, and on the last day pour it all over plank

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
plank, first of all, mad kudos for making pound3 happen. that's some impressive work you've done, you'll get more congratulations after the tournament comes along.

anyway, just wanted to clarify some things about what I put as my crew. the people coming with me are Mirage and Quiro, so please don't put us in the same pools. Hopefully they both put TA:Del as their crew, but I dunno. And another clarification, in case my teammate didn't put it down, KC (quiro) and I are team Les Baiseurs (enjoy that one, anyone who speaks french)

also, since I've been out of the smash scene for so long because I've been abroad more than in the US, I'm going to request to be on whatever international crew comes along.

the canadians should PM me or somethin. (I'm guessing there are no europeans coming)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
plank, first of all, mad kudos for making pound3 happen. that's some impressive work you've done, you'll get more congratulations after the tournament comes along.

anyway, just wanted to clarify some things about what I put as my crew. the people coming with me are Mirage and Quiro, so please don't put us in the same pools. Hopefully they both put TA:Del as their crew, but I dunno. And another clarification, in case my teammate didn't put it down, KC (quiro) and I are team Les Baiseurs (enjoy that one, anyone who speaks french)

also, since I've been out of the smash scene for so long because I've been abroad more than in the US, I'm going to request to be on whatever international crew comes along.

the canadians should PM me or somethin. (I'm guessing there are no europeans coming)
thanks fleur =)

the international team i'm ok with.

also, are u on the roster? if not, whats ur email? im not sure if registration went thru

MIKEHAZE: i dont see anything from mango

chillindude829

Smash Master
The "random" fees are used to motivate people and get them to register so I can get an estimated number of people and start preparing earlier for the tournament. Otherwise, I have no idea about how many people are coming and can't do anything. The only "random" deadline was a week before the tournament, which is so I can create the bracket, get team information straightened out, do food shopping, and other things necessary.

I agree that the paypal messing up and going down a few times wasn't professional, but that was out of my control. I worked as hard as I could and probably spent a total of 10 hours on the phone with paypal customer service, so don't give me ****.

Don't be bitter because you're used to special treatment at tournaments chillin, you weren't being *****y about things until you realized you weren't getting any.
LMAO I love how you're so convinced that I consider myself a celebrity or something. It doesn't make a difference what my status is, all the fees and deadlines do is discourage people from coming. You're not encouraging people to register faster when you up the fee twice, you're just making the people who were on the fence about coming decide not to. Also I wasn't aware registration closed today until Thursday which is ridiculous.

My point is you think you're some kind of tournament host extraordinaire, when in reality you aren't

Fonz

Smash Ace
LMAO I love how you're so convinced that I consider myself a celebrity or something. It doesn't make a difference what my status is, all the fees and deadlines do is discourage people from coming. You're not encouraging people to register faster when you up the fee twice, you're just making the people who were on the fence about coming decide not to. Also I wasn't aware registration closed today until Thursday which is ridiculous.

My point is you think you're some kind of tournament host extraordinaire, when in reality you aren't
I dunno what the beef is. I had no problem signing up. The first post has stated a jan 26th deadline since before I can remember. I even remember people weeks ago asking when the deadline was (even though it was on the first page then) and I quoted the first post for them. I don't think closing registration a week prior is a big deal either. It allows pools to be released a little earlier and to make sure any problems with them are fixed before the tourney starts, not discovered the morning of the tourney.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Shrug, even for MLG we still found some way to get people into the tournament. This isn't going to be as big as it should be and price/online closing early are big reasons why. I'm not saying that its poor from the TO's point, its merely that us Smashers are pretty slow in deciding things and closing a week before the tournament doesn't help get the number of entrants up.

Just to be clear, I'm not criticizing anyone, just pointing out the fact that Smashers are notoriously lazy and most tournament plan around this in some way (but they shouldn't have to, curbing the lazyness can only happen if someone takes a stance similar to what Pound 3 is doing) .

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
1,000th post.

plank, we're all on the roster. just making sure we don't get put in the same pool or anything.

IM me at shrug mortalcoil if you need to. oh, and put me down for a setup as well. if you're giving 15 bucks back for each setup, I'll gladly haul my cube and TV set down.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Lol Plank please don't put my bro and I in the same pool xP.

Congrats, Fleur. Let's play some matches at this tourney; I've never played you before xD.

chillindude829

Smash Master
I dunno what the beef is. I had no problem signing up. The first post has stated a jan 26th deadline since before I can remember. I even remember people weeks ago asking when the deadline was (even though it was on the first page then) and I quoted the first post for them. I don't think closing registration a week prior is a big deal either. It allows pools to be released a little earlier and to make sure any problems with them are fixed before the tourney starts, not discovered the morning of the tourney.
I don't think very many people read most of this thread; I know I don't. I read it periodically and I never saw anything about a Jan 26 deadline until Raftbuilder put it in the thread title a few days ago. Tournament organizers are supposed to be helpful; Raftbuilder seems to be taking a stance where he puts the info out there and then lets people figure **** out for themselves. I don't really care, it's just that Raftbuilder's generally a douche and being a douche doesn't work well with being a tournament host.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
its been in the first post and mentioned many times, how are people supposed to know that you dont know? if you dont read the thread often and dont read the first post, you cant expect someone to contact you and let you know that registration is gonna close.

Kel

Smash Master
<== just registered,but I'm not sure if my info went through.

I know the payment went through, but can I get a confirmation on my info being okay?

chinesahh

Smash Lord
I am far too lazy to read this thread. What I see tho is chillin and raftbuild fighting. -.-. TA is the chillest crew in existence. **** talk is alright, but only when its geared toward non MD/VA, and is unserious. Guys, if this is the last Melee tournament, I don't want it to be like that.

**** cort.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Chillin I don't want to argue, i mean other people are backing me up for a reason.

Anyway i'm done with that, I'm not responding to anything else on here. If you really care that much, PM me.

Kel, your registration went thru.

travis, <3

Vist

Smash Champion
yo plank i registered but the payment was done through my gf's paypal account. lemme know if u got a question

and oh yeah...I still need a teammate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom