• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alukard

Smash Hero
and green mario is the best mario what are you guys blabbing about?
whoa whoa whoa ... DJ nintendo is the best mario and bowser... u just haven't seen it in action yet ... o pound is going to b good =D

kiwiii

Smash Lord
UHMMMMMMM that post wasn't me asking for a teammate, but thanks for everyone who PMed me lol
im just wondering if i can buy someone's doubles pass from them (basically play teams for them). i already have a teammate if anyone is gracious enough to let me take their spot for doubles. thanks :D

and yeah im gonna be playing as many people as possible this time, esp cause i didnt enter >_>. its kinda my last chance i suppose. im re-thinking any singles MMs because im pretty broke LOL but we'll see. mango and i are also going to rapesies!

woot

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
GM>Eggz, obviously lol

also, registration will open tomorrow at around noon, and run til midnight the following day for people who missed. LAST CHANCE! :p

xyt

Smash Lord
can you also make a thread for regional crews? or is that not worth it..

i'd like to get in touch with the international attendees of this tournament.. so i can contribute.. [i live in korea]

if any of you guys from canada/bahamas/or spain see this..
yea.. know that i'll be looking for you guys at pound 3 in regards to regional crews

pockyD

Smash Legend
can you also make a thread for regional crews? or is that not worth it..

i'd like to get in touch with the international attendees of this tournament.. so i can contribute.. [i live in korea]

if any of you guys from canada/bahamas/or spain see this..
yea.. know that i'll be looking for you guys at pound 3 in regards to regional crews
lol you don't actually live in korea

g-regulate

Smash Hero
--Various Tournament Information--

I've compiled some of my posts with tourney info altogether in this post. This can be used to clear up any issues with how the tourney is run, and what you should be doing during the tourney to make it run smooth and be awesome. Registration is open until Midnight tonight (Monday 1/28), so everyone has one more chance to enter! Once again, a huge thanks to everyone who has entered, our goal is to make this tourney experience a good one for everyone.

Info for anyone trying to save money, a full setup will now warrant you $15, and surge protectors/ power strips will get you $3 . Bring a full setup + a power strip and you are $18 richer! That's right, we're literally GIVING away money! *DISCLAIMER - Setup must ACTUALLY work and be used for the tournament to get your rebate.

Just a tip - PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR PROPERTY!! PREFERABLY IN BIG LETTERS. POUND 3 STAFF WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR STOLEN TV'S/CUBES ETC.

-----drug use will not be tolerated in or around the venue. what you do in your free time off campus and after the tournament is up to you.

-----1st round pools for teams and singles will be put up shortly after registration is complete.

singles will look something like 32 pools, with top 4 advancing. there will then be 16 pools of 8, and then 8 pools of 8, taking top 4 each time. this will create a 32 man double elim bracket. this is what we are shooting for, if time becomes an issue, things could potentially be different. only under bad circumstances will this happen.

teams will be 2 rounds of pools into a bracket, not sure the logistics yet but they will be posted on the first post when everything is planned and settled.

-------yea MD/VA pretty much can't house. yea its a shame, we want this tourney to be successful but we all either live with our parents our have roommates, and we can't just open our houses to 5-10 strangers. We all have our own reasons, so id suggest just rooming together in a hotel. We know we suck for not housing, so please stop reiterating and continuing to ask. the peopl who CAN house will let you all know.

I think everyone should realize that this tourney will cost a good bit of money for some people overall. I know everyone wants to save cash, but this is the last tourney before brawl, it's gonna be big and there will be a lot of talent and lots of friendlies. My suggestion is to start SAVING some money so you can have a good cushion to have fun on the trip, rather than trying to cut corners and complaining about housing and entry fees. The Entry fee will not be lowered, no matter how many times people complain, and housing is looking thin. I'd look at a hotel and look for people to room with. Team Arlington once fit 10 people in a hotel for MLG NY. We were there for 2 nights and we all paid around $10-$15 each. It's a viable alternative worth looking at (because chances are you won't get housing). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes, it's really ****ing cold in early February in Maryland. Dress accordingly. Aho = Captain Ahab. watch out, whales.

-------We are shooting for 3 rounds of pools, all 4 stock, to a 32 man bracket. Of course, this creates huge time complications. Depending on the number of TV's available, the first round could potentially be 3 stock, or even worse, the 3rd round of pools would be omitted and a bracket would be created then and there. Teams will probably be 2 rounds, with a really tight cutoff, into a smaller bracket. Be prepared for INTENSE team pools!

Plank and myself are known for making reasonably fair brackets, however there will be so much talent at this tournament that some pools and brackets will look harder than others. I think we are all mature enough to accept that SOMEONE has to get the hard bracket, so if it's you, think of it as an opportunity to beat someone good.

There should be ample amounts of setups, but don't be shy about your tourney match if you can't find a TV. Find what you know to be a friendly and tell them to get off (I find the "next kill wins" method to be the most courteous). A huge portion of this tournament's success is going to be the smashers resposibility to play his/her matches, and play them in a reasonable time. (In other words, it shouldn't take you 5 minutes to think of a clever counterpick on some guy who just 3 stocked you, you'll probably lose anyway so just pick something).

-----phone calls will be utilized, but only to keep things moving. its not a smash-pager that lets you know when to play your matches. also, it will probably only be used for big names in big matches (Chu/m2k/g-reg/etc.), so in other words, we will not hesitate to DQ Fox123 and DBZmarthlover01 in early pool matches, phone call or not. 1 phone call will be made if you are late. only 1. no johns if you are DQed after the phone call. TA has ways of dealing with whiners and complainers, and his name is Hova.

any questions regarding pools, seeding, tournament rules, stages, setups, anything tournament related can be directed at me.

-----While people who don't enter will be allowed into the building to play, they will not get any food or priority on TVs. I can already tell theres lots of people not even planning on entering but showing up anyway, and I understand you may just not have the money, but it's terribly unfair to the people who have paid and the people setting up the tournament. It's a shame that some people can't come up with $60-$70 over a 3-4 month span, but I understand people have their reasons and I won't meddle. Obviously transportation issues and financial issues have hindered many people and for that I apologize for the lack of convenience, but I'd love to thank everyone who is actually putting forth hard work and effort to make *pound* 3 special. We're doing our best to make this tourney simple and smooth, so there's more time for friendlies and more time for hanging out with smashers.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
--Various Tournament Information--

i blatently posted twice. ooops!!

if anyone needs help with anything at the tournament, find me, I'm this guy

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Registration is up from now until midnight!

this will be the absolute last day for registration, so tell anyone you know who needs to register to gogogo

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
also, can people who have any doubts please check the roster list? there are a few people who didnt send be adequite information and so they arent registered correctly.

(Richmond raftbuilders, eldiablo emaildude, a few other people)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom