• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic in Mid-Tier celebration thread!

infomon

Smash Scientist
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236407

:sonic:
+ 8
31. to 23.

Sonic is now in C-tier, which is tier 4 out of 7.

So, Sonic is a mid-tier character. Up +8, the biggest character jump.

Congratulations, Sonic boards (and Sonic mains everywhere) -- we did this. Noone would have any idea that Sonic wouldn't suck if we didn't do a ton of work, discovering all sorts of crazy things (technical, matchup-wise, player-oriented, etc.) and putting them into practice and making noise all across the world..... most of all tho by just being the coolest character community out there! cuz I'm sure that's why many of us keep reppin' the steak :)

that and steak is delicious

Who is happy / surprised / disappointed?

Tomorrow I will go out of my way to cook a delicious steak in celebration. I encourage you all do to the same :)

Edit: Welll, ok I guess the vast majority of cred goes to the bestest Sonic mains out there.... But I'd like to think that all steaklings had a part in this :)

Sad we can't use Sonic in low-tier tourneys now LOLOL

Edit 2: CELEBRATION STEAK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xpPnPyFe8o

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I don't main Sonic, but I love steak, I'll be glad to eat in honor of Sonic's new position.

Only because I looooove steak. Congratz Sonic mains, you've proven that everyone else IS too slow, speeding up that tier list like nobody's ever seen!

Smith

Smash Ace
Now you guys cant make money, no low tier tourneys. lololol

But seriously, nice **** :)

Thank Espy and Mr.3000 and all those other Sonics I don't know because I don't main the ****er.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Wooooot.
Good **** Espy, Malcolm, ITT, Shugo, and all the other sonics who're doing this. :p

:093:

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
"NOTES: Bowser and Sonic were REALLY close to the threshold, so for the sake of giving borderline characters the benefit of the doubt, I bumped them up to Mid even though they're technically not quite qualified."

...Would this still make Sonic low tier, and still usable in low tier tourneys?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
No, Sonic is C tier.

Tourneys would only go as high as D tier. C tier is not low tier so no. Sonic has to say bye bye to low tiers.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
According to the tierlist, Sonic is better than

Sheik
Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

Sounds like fun.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Well, now I don't feel as bad about getting in some falcon exp, lol. Gotta still rep them low-tier tourneys with the speedsters.

Actually.

They should be called man-tier tourneys. 1st-5th manliest characters in the game are legal.

AND YES W00T SAWNIK totally stepped it up. Awesome.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I am not so surprised about Sonic's placement as I am some of the other characters' placements, primarily Wolf.

I'll be looking around for an official explanation... or better yet I'll go ask a good E-Friend of mine who just happens to be in there. :p

It's gonna be hard to get him any higher than this, and I fear that he will take a drop in the next one... hopefully though his metagame won't stale by then, but that's not likely :)

...Still, I can't help but feel a bit uneasy... C'mon Malcolm, you're gonna have to explain this to me why you won't use Sonic anymore... Although you already played Wario and you do love to place AFAIK so I can't do anything or hold anything against you for wanting to do your best...

...But I'll have no choice but to work with what I have now and what I will, again I've used Sonic so much and I've gone too far to turn back... how sad... But I've no regrets!

In fact I'm more happy about this... yeah I'm foreseeing a drop, but again it doesn't and shouldn't matter to me, in fact it probably would've been so much better if he went down and below Inui (LOL!). Guess I look at the list not so much as a suggestion but more as a progression... and frankly I wouldn't stop until Sonic was/is above MK. :laugh:

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
He won't last up their, but Sonic wasn't as bad as his original list. I wouldn't be surprised if the BR gave Sonic a bump to shut up his mains. They talk so much. :p

No but seriously, it's good to see Sonic up their and I have a lot of respect for his mains. Now, prove to the rest of players he deserves to STAY up there. That's the tricky part.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well, as much as I think Sonic is TOO high, I gotta say I'm impressed by the impact we've finally had on the community. At least people are finally understanding where we're coming from.

I miss not maining a Low Tier, and I have to change my sig...but gg guys, gg. All of our work paid off.

And wtf@Wolf being one spot above him? And Falcon not being dead last?? wtf Link being 2nd worse...wow

:093:

Browny

Smash Hater
So...

'no range, no priority, bottom tier'
'omg 1 million Sonics placing in tourneys, skewing his rankings'
'how did i lose to Sonic, he must be legit mid tier!'

I feel he is placed too high

but I also think its HILARIOUS that he is above many character boards who have such burning hatred towards Sonic and think he is so bad, and now they are lower than him (you know who im talking about :p)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You should take a good look at the Mario/Ness boards version of this, you'll love how they're bawwing because they can't do the @#$% we can. :)

Also LOL @ how everybody is saying Sonic is placed too high. I don't care but at least 1 more people are gonna recognize him now.

c wut i did thar?

...Still, I can't help but miss the fact that Sonic isn't low tier anymore, now I don't have an excuse/ won't be as recognized... maybe.

Yet I will still continue to assume that Sonic should keep going higher, but oh well.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
On behalf of the Luigi board, I would like to congratulate the Sonic board on their character making such a big jump into the middle tiers.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
congrats guys, I don't main Sonic, but I grew up with a Sega Genesis and Dreamcast, so he's one of my favorite characters in Brawl so it's great to see him improve. Kudos.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
OMGosh the Mario boards were so bad at that discussion, we had to get a super mod (who I think came at his own will) to calm them down. No other board could possibly go further than that.

I don't even want to think about how I could be wrong and it could get worse than that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You know, this is sad that apparently nobody read my blog about tourney results and got the message, but now apparently people STILL have some problems.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7540387#post7540387

I can only hope I addressed it here. It's like my shout-out/deeper explanation, now not just confirming Sonic's tourney placings, but his TIER-RANKING.

Granted people will be people and for some they can't be moved, but if they don't want to then that's all fine, Sonic is the one getting anywhere.

One of the Ness mains, I'm not gonna point fingers though, said Ness and Sonic should switch places?

PFTH YOU'RE WELCOME TO PROVE IT, LET ALONE EXPLAIN WHY, BUT HEY THAT'S OKAY, IT MAKES TOTAL SENSE THAT NESS SHOULD BE WHERE SONIC IS ATM AMIRITEGAIZ?!?!?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Don't stop now, keep his place.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Good **** Sonic boards, I knew you could do it.

Not sure what this here means though.

OMGosh the Mario boards were so bad at that discussion, we had to get a super mod (who I think came at his own will) to calm them down. No other board could possibly go further than that.

I don't even want to think about how I could be wrong and it could get worse than that.
I was always pulling for you guys T_T

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
SONIC IN MID?!!! OMGWTFHAXORZ

ADGBDYFTKHUIL.GHNYCHLUVHJV;LDHYHFJ

Now the good news is that we're gonna be taken seriously.

The bad news is I lost my man in Low Tier tourneys T_T.

Good stuff Sonic boards, I'll do my best to win more offline tourneys with him :) in order to contribute.

Guess I gotta learn Mario for Low Tier tourneys now I guess or Pokemon Trainer.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
There goes my low tier meal ticket. Looks like I'm maining Mario in the Low Tier Tournaments. But good sh*t! I've been telling people "Sonic isn't as garbage as you think he is." But nobody would listen. Now he's proven to be a legit mid-tier character. I know all the Sonic haters are like "FML" right now.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Sonic made a big jump. now you guys can only play in singles, that actually kinda sucks but i guess that's what happens.

Browny

Smash Hater
Ya'll should use ness to own low tier tourneys imo

eh has a good fair, and hardly anyone in low tier has any meaningful punishment to his grab release, thus he doesnt afraid of anything

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Ya'll should use ness to own low tier tourneys imo

eh has a good fair, and hardly anyone in low tier has any meaningful punishment to his grab release, thus he doesnt afraid of anything
lol Link has grab release dsmash. i think that's a pretty good punishment. Don't you think so ;)

Top Bottom