• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic in Mid-Tier celebration thread!

4nace

Smash Ace
He's still the same character and no Sonics are going to be winning any major tournaments any time soon.

Actually more on this -
I think that the radical jump in Sonic's placement is only going to hurt the character. Many people(non-sonics) are going to think he is magically a better character now, but he still requires as much work to even compete with some of the characters below him. I feel like anyone that is actually skillful with him will pick up another character because now when you win with Sonic it won't seem as impressive (even though in reality it is still just as hard). I know I'll be working on my Falco much more until I can use Sonic in low tier tourneys again.

However in teams, Sonic is pretty amazing, and is definitely a useful character. But the tier list is not for teams and Sonic is too high right now.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, the fact that Sonic is so high, more people will try to learn how to play against him, and won't see Sonic player wins as impressive. Now it's going to be "Oh, he's Mid Tier" and now I can't use him for Low Tier tournies :/ Back to Ness...

IMO, any character that has as high as a learning curve as Sonic doesn't belong on the same playing field as Wolf....how'd he get so low anyway?

:093:

Browny

Smash Hater
because no one wants to play a character who is so predictable with their attack patterns, when they could choose someone like G&W who does everything wolf does, while being able to recover and doesnt get lol'd by DDD

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Our job is done.
Now we should find the next challenge of lowering Sonic to E tier.

Also, you realize this is completely my doing even though I didn't do ****.
Just throwing it out there.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I used to play a small spiky animal in lowtiers. So I figured I take the next best thing and play a large spiky animal now.

People are about to find out how serious my Booser is

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
I also feel that Sonic is placed too high. I really wanted him to stay, and i am going to miss the feeling of being low tier. I know its still like terrihard to even be a prominent Sonic main, but still, this sucks...Its now gonna be like "Oh, that guy aint nothin special, Sonic's mid tier" <_<

But whatever, good job everyone helping and making Sonic Mid Tier.

¤Vivi Orunitia¤

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about anyone else, but this just proves that any low tier can do well if the players stick at what they do best. I'm happy that Sonic got high on the tier list, but I wonder at what price Sonic mains have to pay? Besides not going to low tier tourneys, there's nothing else to be upset about(that I know of, if I'm missing anything else please point it out).

This is for the better...right?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Congratluations you guys! Looks like your work payed off. I'm glad Sonic's moved up so much

So like, Peach and Sonic are tier buddies now :D Woot woot
On behalf of the Luigi board, I would like to congratulate the Sonic board on their character making such a big jump into the middle tiers.
scary congratulations from scary characters (coming from the Sonic MU POV lol)

Complaining about him being too higher after all these months is dumb >_>
well, Sonic being in C tier aside, I really didn't think he'd be higher than some of the characters below him O_o;

M@v

Subarashii!
Welcome to Flamedash tier guys ;). Fox and Sonic always seem to fight each other in PA, I JUST WANT LOVE.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Flamedash is such a stupid meme <_<
Steak is where its at.

Also, the people saying more people will go main Sonic are sort of wrong. Look at Luigi/Wolf/Sheik.

Are there many/noteworthy players?
Naaaaah.

On the other hand, Sonic is speshul cause he moved up 8 places.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I'm proud of you, Sonic mains. :) I always did feel Sonic was too good for low tier. Pro Sonics always surprise me too. I guess I should get some character experience for Sonic now. :dizzy:

So the Meta Knight of Low Tier is no more, huh?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I gotta say congratulations to the :sonic: boards. *applaudes*

I remember when I first started lurking the steak Sonic forums, people hated the Sonic community here, and you guys started getting serious about earning respect for your main, and getting the tournament results to prove 'em wrong. Most people say that, but you all actually went out and did it. Even if you feel like his placing is too high, you all raised a single character 8 spots in one tier list transition. You oughta be proud.

Hope you guys don't mind a low tier hanging around here. :p Again, congrats.

Blapius

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blapius
3DS FC
1435-6036-1685
I tried to warn you all that traveling to the sixth millennium would bring misfortune.

Maybe you will listen next time.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Now we get to make fun of other characters for being low tier

HYEZ
take your best shot. what you will say has been known to me since the start anyway.

so KID show me what you've got to say :p

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Sonic's mindgames are mid tier, not Sonic. lol. I wish Sonic was top of low tier. I guess that steak had too much influence on the SBR.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Yeah, the fact that Sonic is so high, more people will try to learn how to play against him, and won't see Sonic player wins as impressive. Now it's going to be "Oh, he's Mid Tier" and now I can't use him for Low Tier tournies :/ Back to Ness...

IMO, any character that has as high as a learning curve as Sonic doesn't belong on the same playing field as Wolf....how'd he get so low anyway?

if we are truly realistic, and we assume mistakes were made in this list. if sonic's maintain placings, we may rise one more rise. honestly, i dont see how the worst space animal can compete with sonic tourney wise, and even if im wrong, i doubt they can prove anything this summer. Remember that the list was altered in that SS tier does not exist. this affected the location of characters like sonic and wolf and bowser, who most likely would have been i D tier had the lilst been like version 2.0 given that sonic can see either a slight rise or fall next time. but only slight. therefore if people really wanted him to be a spot or two lower then they shouldn't care because its basically the same area. however the one who think he is E tier can suck it.

IMO, high learning curve doesn't mean auto low tier. Zero and Sonic are those types of characters (Zero is too high btw, she just got recognized and see who quickly she rose? sonic took forever and is still not being recognized. its clearly a case of hateration.)Eddie from GG , Ivy from SC2 and C.Viper from SF4 is another example proving high learning curves mean bad character. so im not convinced at all of that statement. especially when in this "meta" game, recovery options are pivotal, and wolf fails overall in this. that's the only real reason link is STILL that low, and it should apply to Wolf as well. (IMO wolf is slightly better than link, meaning he should be a tier lower.)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

Can I come? I like steak. :[

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I just looked at your infraction list and not one has my name on it. :3

sniperworm

Smash Ace
WOOT! Sonic, I knew you could do it.

Congrats to all the Sonic mains who've been doing what I knew was possible (but I wasn't good enough to do, lol), placing with Sonic. It's thanks to you guys that Sonic is getting the respect he deserves.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

Tenki

Smash Hero
Actually, considering how MK was like, a tier above everyone else last time, MK of Low Tier isn't all that far away, hahaha.

and he's banned from low tier tourneys.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So someone finally told me what this steak joke is all about :)
lol, and it wasn't me?

Also, to quote ITT...

"Instead of saying "you're too slow", I'm going to say "told you so"

It keeps the basic rhyme scheme. I like it.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
So people are just NOW finding out what Steak is? No wonder everyone thinks it's dumb. I don't get Flamedash entirely either and I'm just kind of...meh, when I see it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
QFT^^

Dotcom didn't get it at all and thought it was dumb. I explained and now he thinks it's the funniest thing ever.

Also, I'm making my tag +8

Everyone should do the same XD

Top Bottom