• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic in Mid-Tier celebration thread!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The Fox/Sonic boards, Cooking steak with Flamedash since 2009. :)
lol, not bad, not bad.

wow, +8 is an amazing idea.

stolen
also m@v, make sure you step your game up for the next time we play
See? "Told you so!"

EDIT@Terry - +8 anytime baby! Then we'll achieve S (steak) tier!

:093:

M@v

Subarashii!
So...+8 next tier list too. Who's with me?!
dont push it. Thats what fox is going to do :D

Also, i had a bad day at apex kid, I didnt even realize it was you until later on.

But ill be ready.

PS. lets see what sonics ive played.

-Cam
-ITT
-K.I.D
-Blue
-BOKU
-Xin
-Phoenix Dark
-Blue Rogue

I might be forgetting a couple too....

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
KID, to be individuals, make your tag KID+8 and I'll make mine CAM+8

lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

Also, i had a bad day at apex kid, I didnt even realize it was you until later on.

But ill be ready.

-Cam
-ITT
-K.I.D
-Blue
-BOKU
-Xin
-Phoenix Dark
-Blue Rogue

dont sweat it, Apex was the worst smash weekend of my life. the 5 minutes I was playing with you was part of the combined total of 1 hour, that whole weekend that I was actually playing well.
KID, to be individuals, make your tag KID+8 and I'll make mine CAM+8

lol

no.

we all got the +8 together, so we all rock the +8 tag unified and together

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless

But ill be ready.

-Cam
-ITT
-K.I.D
-Blue
-BOKU
-Xin
-Phoenix Dark
-Blue Rogue

don't forget to post the people that beat you xD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
OH SNAP!!!

Get owned on livestream by more links m@v.

loloolololol

yo laws, you gonna have to see me on the sticks so i can reclaim foxs honor.

=P

M@v

Subarashii!
funny guys. I would go own lawz with falcon, but it wouldnt be the same since falcon is better than link now =P

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
OH SNAP!!!

Get owned on livestream by more links m@v.

loloolololol

yo laws, you gonna have to see me on the sticks so i can reclaim foxs honor.

=P
next time i see you i'll face you. both your fox and sonic.

Mav i would love to see you try. i will take you up on that

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
funny guys. I would go own lawz with falcon, but it wouldnt be the same since falcon is better than link now =P
but that also means you lost to someone who uses a character that is WORSE than FALCON

lolscrublol

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Sonic was not the Meta Knight of low-tier. May I direct you guys to Yoshi? :laugh:

Good job on making him mid-tier, though. Us Yoshis need to step our game up. :(

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
On behalf of the Luigi board, I would like to congratulate the Sonic board on their character making such a big jump into the middle tiers.
Thank you man. BTW Luigi is awesome and he deserves his new position just as much. This tier placement isn't too high, its just right, because of all the work Sonic mains have done to enhance Sonic's abilities and potential. Stop putting yourselves down already! Stop the doubt everyone and play with confidence so we we can move the Sonic metagame even further!!!

STEAK...

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Complaining about him being too high after all these months is dumb >_>
QFT QFT and QFT...

Your complaining that he's considered a good character because of your efforts? Makes no sense at all. Come on seriously! Use this acomplishment as a backbone to move ahead! We've moved up but he's still not in B A or S, so their is always room for improvement.

Shadow102

Smash Rookie
QFT QFT and QFT...

Your complaining that he's considered a good character because of your efforts? Makes no sense at all. Come on seriously! Use this acomplishment as a backbone to move ahead! We've moved up but he's still not in B A or S, so their is always room for improvement.
Lol I agree with you. XD

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Sonic is better than...

Then:
Pokémon Trainer
Yoshi
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

Now:
Sheik
Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf
Inui + OS

Nice job guys, now keep the list growing =)

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I don't understand why everyone is complaining that sonic isn't going to do as good as before the way i see it is that if ppl starts to practice against sonic then in turn it will only force us to improve to keep up. Plus there too slow so we have nothing to worry him being "PLACED TOO HIGH" will also force us to live up to this honor and make him go even higher. SO I SAY CHEERS TO OUR SUCCESS AND I ALSO SAY CHEERS TO THE MANY SUCCESSFUL GOALS WE MAKE IN THE FUTURE THE STEAKS THE LIMIT!

infomon

Smash Scientist
Tonight I cooked a huge delicious steak in celebration... completely drizzled in A1 sauce.

I took a vid too, it'll be up on youtube soon :)

a few lolz from the tier list thread

Just discovered a new AT: John-dashing. Works like wave-dashing except it is a continuous stream of Johns that propel you across the stage.

John-dashing into losing to a Sonic is a true combo.
$3000. My Inui made Shugo beat OS.

OH SNAP I WENT THERE.
My Inui made OS JOHN ABOUT IT
lolllllz <3 OS :)

-Wolverine

Smash Rookie
I'm actually really glad that Sonic jumped into Mid-Tier, my whole playgroup views Sonic as garbage, and as the only Sonic in probably the city, it's good to be able to say "SONIC DOESN'T SUCK ***!!"

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I knew there would be a thread like this for Sonics lol...I came here to congratulate you all, nice job.
Hey hey, I've got all the steak you need right here, I'm Commander after all! :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I was always pulling for you guys T_T
Hey.

People know who they are, and you should feel secure that you didn't contribute to that SMod invasion.

I hate you guys so much ;_____;
Is okay, we (I) love you.

He's still the same character and no Sonics are going to be winning any major tournaments any time soon.

Actually more on this -
I think that the radical jump in Sonic's placement is only going to hurt the character. Many people(non-sonics) are going to think he is magically a better character now, but he still requires as much work to even compete with some of the characters below him. I feel like anyone that is actually skillful with him will pick up another character because now when you win with Sonic it won't seem as impressive (even though in reality it is still just as hard). I know I'll be working on my Falco much more until I can use Sonic in low tier tourneys again.

However in teams, Sonic is pretty amazing, and is definitely a useful character. But the tier list is not for teams and Sonic is too high right now.
Apparently just placing is enough. Also what do you expect from a mid-tier character? Sure we can do stuff but we ain't MK who can bust tourney wins up the wazoo.

This my friend, is what we call tier-w****s, and we are better off without people who main characters because of placment on the list. You're also admitting that you yourself don't want to have to do the work of a mid-tier character? This WOULD be the kind of attitude that doesn't get anything done, anywhere, at all. So you can't use Sonic in low-tiers anymore? Big-whoop.

However your opinion is your opinion, you think Sonic is too high, but I'm not going to any further than this. Apparently I am alone when I say that this is (or at least almost) is right where Sonic belongs all along.

Complaining about him being too high after all these months is dumb >_>

Can I come? I like steak. :[
Yezs............!

Also, I'm making my tag +8

Everyone should do the same XD

Right after I use 3030+ as my tag. I made a promise to Malcolm that I would use this tag at the next tourney I went to, and I intend on fulfilling that promise.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Didn't see this coming. It's pretty warranted for the most part though.

It's only a tier position though people. For all the people who think that matches are going to become a lot harder now, they most probably won't. That's because we have good players here maining an ok character, not ok players maining a good character. People won't think "lawl Sonic he's tough I've gotta pull something good out of my *** now", it's more "o-shi I'm playing Espy/Malcolm/that sexy ROOOOY from Europe (lol) I've gotta actually try now." and that has always been the case, from what I've seen/heard.

Malcolm, I don't think you should drop Sonic if ^ was your prior reasoning.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
djb, your pics make me cry in amazement XD

KID, you're right. United as one...or eight :p

+8 ftw

lol, I still can't get over how huge of a jump it is...it's crazy. Quite an accomplishment that we deserved. I decided not to remove my sig, but alter it so at the bottom it says something like "lolwhut? He's MID tier? Told you so"

Trillion

Smash Ace
+8 !!!! That's great!! Congrats to everyone for all the hard work we all did. Pat yourselves on the back. our hard work and dedication has been noticed and rightfully so. Now, let's keep moving him up until he reaches B Tier. It would probably be really hard to break into A or S tier, but I think B tier is possible.

I've been working on a second combo vid where hopefully I'll show you guys something new I have been working on for getting the kill. I still haven't perfected it, but I think it can be said to be a true combo when it is done right.

Also, LMAO at Malcolm. Seriously dude, I like you and I respect you as a player, but dropping Sonic simply because he is higher than your opinion of him is simply a horrible choice. Play the game for the joy of the competition and for the fun of competing.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
He enjoys playing Wario too.

It's kind of why I haven't gone ape@#$% on him already.

There's that, and that I haven't had the chance to get on the Sonic Xat for a while, being super busy this weekend, and I'm going to make this mid-tier positioning true to the next and the last Vegassmash Play N' Trade weekly this Monday.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic will never make B tier, lmao. C tier will probably be the highest he gets.

Top Bottom