• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic in Mid-Tier celebration thread!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic players have the best mindgames.

:093:

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
The alternative can't give you positive results. Maybe I worded that story poorly, maybe I just didn't care enough before, I don't know. If you can tell me how thinking a character you main is higher than he belongs is going to help you in-game, I am willing to listen.
Its probably just your pride for the character and since your character is getting a lot more recognition, your confidence is also going up.
Sonic players have the best mindgames.

Agreed

:039:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Your mental state is a lot more important than a lot of people are willing to admit. It's mostly said in athletics that if you feel defeated before you start you'll lose. Same in smash or anything really.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Your mental state is a lot more important than a lot of people are willing to admit. It's mostly said in athletics that if you feel defeated before you start you'll lose. Same in smash or anything really.
Positive thinking = win
Great guys. I hope the moving Sonic down thing is behind us now. Teh Umby brought up a good point in the better than thread that accuracy in the tier list is more important to some people than how high the positioning of a character can be. I respect that.

I also don't think that thinking like that is going to do us any good. Then there's the whole thing about the metagame being a factor in the tier lists; say in the fall Sonic's rankings go down and Sonic goes to D tier next time around. That doesn't change that he's a C Tier character right now. idk. People are entitled to their opinions.
If you think he should be lower, I hope that thinking like that doesn't impare your gameplay.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hello Roxas, welcome to the boards ^_^

However, in the future, please refrain from double posting. If you need to ever add something to a previous post, hit the "edit" button.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think I've finally calmed down to the fact, and have accepted that Sonic is, indeed, Mid-Tier...

...at least, in this set meta game, since many of the characters that can wreck him also happen to get super-wrecked by the high and top tier characters.

That, and I wore a +8 name tag throughout the entirety of FS6.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You know, I've been thinking the same thing Espy. Yesterday was kinda my revelation, lol

There were like, 6 Sonics out at tourney yesterday, all who placed well. That wouldn't happen if you took like...6 Mario mains out to big tournies.

Like you, Shado, Speed, Shugo, and ITT were all at tournies yesterday, each made stream appearances at least once, and placed above average/really well. Sonic's being accepted as a legitamate character O_o

For the time being ;D

That, and the number of good Sonics we have as a whole. Even though Malcolm is gone, I don't really see Sonic dropping in rankings...I mean we got Espy, Shugo, Wes, Shado, Speed, ITT, KID, myself, and even some others who place well or decently in tournies. Sonic boards are just too good.

Top Bottom