• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at the Shore - Brigantine, NJ - Aug 2 - Melee and Brawl! PRIZES ANNOUNCED!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok i just decided to test it for myself. melee japes v brawl japes. japes has been legal in melee the whole time and its fine. no one argues about it being legal or not.

in melee japes, klap traps come between 5 and 20 seconds, averaging on around every 10-15 seconds, however note that sometimes they show up 5 seconds apart of each other.

in brawl japes, klap traps come at almost exactly every 10 seconds, give or take a half of a second tops. this not only makes brawl less random, so you keep a watch on the timer to know pre-emptively if one if coming or not. when i tested it, it was every second ending in 7, so 6:57, 6:47, 6:37 and so on. however, as seen in both melee and brawl, u can see them coming, so its no huge surprise.

about the damage, i tested this in both melee and brawl with samus. weights around the same, but may be slightly differ. i hung on the edge and waited for a trap to come hit me. in melee, its an instant kill even at 0, no chance of living. in brawl, i was able to live kinda easily even when being hit at 0, so they do less damage and or knockback.

as for everything else, the high ceiling and the water, its the same in melee and brawl. the water sure is different, though it means you can drop as low, which favors some characters and hurts some others. this is essentially the meaning of a counterpick. same with the high ceiling. for instance, i would counterpick japes on sonic. the ground is broken up to try and limit sonic's speed in running around, and it has a ridiculously high ceiling to help negate sonic's vertical kills. however, none of this is game breaking and its the same as it was in melee.

final verdict: its legal.

i can understand why some players may not want to play on it, so im keeping the 2 CP rule. iv seen this used at other tournies and it works. i also used it at cot3, and i liked how people would look at the stage lists and systematically think which stages work to their advantage, and hinder their performance. so the final stage rules have been updated on the first post

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
one final note, if you need me to pick you up at the AC train station at 9:24, please post here now. i know so far im picking up .com, rogue pit, and one of their friends. i kno there might have been another person but im not sure how many. also, call me when ur about 15 minutes away, around the time when ur at the egg harbor city stop.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Lots of stuff about Jungle Japes
That's nice Chibo. In Melee can you get CGed into the klaptrap and die? No. There are a good number of characters who can CG in this game into the klaptrap. Get rid of this garbage stage please. I never thought it should be in legal in Melee either. I counterpicked Jungle Japes vs M2K and Cactuar when I teamed with Ryoko because I knew that we weren't going to win by outskilling them. Cactuar got hit by the klaptrap 5 times(stole one of M2K's stocks) and we won that match. This stage should not be legal. You CAN'T always see the klaptrap coming, that's nonsense. You can also get hit into it and die or get no skill chaingrabbed into it. Stuuuupid. Ban this stage.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, since my shedule just freed up for tomorrow it looks like I'll need a teammate for this.

You know I'm good. I'm willing to pair up with anyone at this point, even dm.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well, since my shedule just freed up for tomorrow it looks like I'll need a teammate for this.

You know I'm good. I'm willing to pair up with anyone at this point, even dm.
*Emmy speaking here*

Do you really mean anyone? I need a partner. :)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well, i decided that i can come now. I need to do some brawling before i go on vacation xD. I'll just watch doubles and all. Unless someone needs a partner.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
pks2 is no worse than pictochat, if not better than it. the only hazards are stage modifying things that dont kill u, and effect everyone the same way (except ice stage for ice climbers)

PRiDE

Smash Lord
totally coming..

oh and ZRO wants to know if Ryoko will team with him.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
pks2 is no worse than pictochat, if not better than it. the only hazards are stage modifying things that dont kill u, and effect everyone the same way (except ice stage for ice climbers)
Pokemon Stadium 2 is 34098530948530948534098504985 times better than Pictochat. How often do you actually see people try to fight during the Pokemon Stadium 1 transformations? Almost never because that's not a smart decision.

This vid is called why pictochat shouldn't be neutral, but it shouldn't be legal at all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcojcb7ZMxc

Earth is fine, air is kinda gay admittedly but gliding characters are unaffected by the wind while gliding and you can just camp until the transformation goes away, ice makes you slide around but that can be avoided by being Icies or by jumping, and there are like 5 non moving platforms on the electricity transformation that don't move and the ground in the center of the stage doesn't move.

Oh, I'm not coming btw cuz I'm still sick. My cough medicine makes me really tired for ~1 1/2 hours or so and since I have to take it multiple times a day, I can't take come and expect to do good at all.

Cia

das kwl
Pokemon Stadium 2 is 34098530948530948534098504985 times better than Pictochat. How often do you actually see people try to fight during the Pokemon Stadium 1 transformations? Almost never because that's not a smart decision.

This vid is called why pictochat shouldn't be neutral, but it shouldn't be legal at all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcojcb7ZMxc

Earth is fine, air is kinda gay admittedly but gliding characters are unaffected by the wind while gliding and you can just camp until the transformation goes away, ice makes you slide around but that can be avoided by being Icies or by jumping, and there are like 5 non moving platforms on the electricity transformation that don't move and the ground in the center of the stage doesn't move.

Oh, I'm not coming btw cuz I'm still sick. My cough medicine makes me really tired for ~1 1/2 hours or so and since I have to take it multiple times a day, I can't take come and expect to do good at all.
that's too bad, i was looking forward to seeing you camp people :laugh:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Ryoko can you tell me if you wanna team with me by the morning or sometime around 11 - 12?

Cuz if you want to team with someone else thats fine but I'm not going to this if I have to play.... brawl singles only.... >_>

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
I just have a question. Will there be any practice time (as in are we allowed to play brawl friendlies) before and during the tournament?

I know we have to pay to get in and I definetly will, I just wanted to know if there were friendlies there.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have to be leaving the house now to make it to AC on time. To be honest I don't know who to team with because I'm rushing, but I'll see everyone there bright and early and we can set up something.

Tec, suck it up and come anyway so I can huggle you.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I have to be leaving the house now to make it to AC on time. To be honest I don't know who to team with because I'm rushing, but I'll see everyone there bright and early and we can set up something.

Tec, suck it up and come anyway so I can huggle you.
AHAHAHAHAHA

omg Ryoko your so amazing.

I got persuaded to go so well.... I'm going LOL.

Eggm if Ryoko decides to team with someone else k =D. I'm probably not entering melee singles... >_>

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Yo this is the new york crew, we're coming, and we're on our way, don't start melee singles w/o us. OK!? kthx ny is a far drive
so
QUIT LIFE!!!!
n1ggaz.

SWAT ALL DAI

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Blah.

Copycat bailed on me and gas is too high to be driving by myself.

Oh well. Have fun guys.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Eggm doesn't even play Brawl. >_>

And MK runs all over Pikachu.

As does Marth...well GOOD Marth's anyway. >____>

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Inui won with his Marth, but barely.

And then for some odd reason he switched to Falco.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Abbreviated results as I recall (for Brawl)

Singles
1. Jman (split, and I'm not sure if it was played out for the rank)
1. D1
3. Atomsk
4. Ryoko
5. Snakeee
5. Shadow

Teams
1. Snakeee + Shadow
2. NL + D1
3. Inui + Atomsk

Top Bottom