• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm going to win the next NJ tournament with Snake because he's the best. :)

Gonna turn on the GAY and do 21% every time someone makes a minor error. Grab them, drop them into my nearly guaranteed oki, and **** them.

lol @ thinking MK is somehow a tier higher than such nonsense
Until you face Keitaro's Falco, lol!!

Seriously though, Snake has some bad matchups, Metaknight......doesn't.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I'm going to win the next NJ tournament with Snake because he's the best. :)

Gonna turn on the GAY and do 21% every time someone makes a minor error. Grab them, drop them into my nearly guaranteed oki, and **** them.

lol @ thinking MK is somehow a tier higher than such nonsense
youve been doing that ever since you started posting on internet forums...

rofl j/k dont be so serious...
anyway. if you going to be f-tilting as much as i think you are, than odds are your only going to be getting about 16% per minor error, but that really doesnt matter too much...

ill be looking for your results...

and you still think snake is the best... have you SEEN the BBQBroken combo?
yea it was in practice but still....
if you lose to a DK or diddy or something, and that diddy/DK gets beat by MK im going to laugh in your face. and im going to laugh even harder if you lose to an MK
EDIT ROFL i want some vids of that ringling brothers tent your going camping in too...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Until you face Keitaro's Falco, lol!!

Seriously though, Snake has some bad matchups, Metaknight......doesn't.
I'm pretty sure I can just win against your Falco with Marth, but I can try Snake. I know I don't need Meta Knight.

@Everyone: Do you know how good Snake's oki is? Btw, that's a term referring to a character's options and strategies when the other character is on the ground and needs to "wake up."

If he gets you on the ground and stands near you, you have literally 0 safe options if the Snake players is good at reading patterns and reacting quickly.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm pretty sure I can just win against your Falco with Marth, but I can try Snake. I know I don't need Meta Knight.

@Everyone: Do you know how good Snake's oki is? Btw, that's a term referring to a character's options and strategies when the other character is on the ground and needs to "wake up."

If he gets you on the ground and stands near you, you have literally 0 safe options if the Snake players is good at reading patterns and reacting quickly.
Okizeme, you mean?

Edit: Of course Snake has a ridiculous Okizeme game. He's like ****ing Testament from GG.

Smooth Criminal

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Every character can be perfect with an ability to see the future.

Snake has a good setup from his d-throw in that he can wait for movement, shield, then shield release to f-tilt without fail. He can also nade, shield to drop, f-tilt after movement.

So? :p

Chaco

Never Logs In
Snake campers make me want to splash myself to death. It's especially annoying when being ledge karp'd. Very annoying.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
No it isn't. And it's the same story as the above if you are interested in the difference... there are still no "infinitely small" numbers involved. Using the definitions from above:

∀e > 0, n > 100(1/e + 1) => |n/2(n-100) - (n - 200)/2(n-100)| < e

Anyway I don't want to side track this thread any more, so watch out for tossing around the phrase "infinitely small"!
How many times do I need to bold the er in smaller for you to see that I'm not referring to any particular number in the set?

What I've said is simply the written equivalent of "the limit as n, or in your case "e," appoaches infinite is zero! (why did you use e when that's already a number? Is that some form of limit notation that I haven't learned about yet?)

The limit as the number of votes approaches infinity is zero. As in, the difference between percentages gets closer and closer to zero. As in, the difference between percentages gets smaller and smaller indefinitely. As in, the difference between percentages gets in smaller infinitely, or infinitely smaller.

Infinitely smaller is not any particular value. It is a simplified verbal representation of this specific limit case, Limit as n->infinity= 0. Since the actual value never actually reaches zero (since infinity is unreachable), it can be said that the value will simply continue to get smaller for an infinite amount of time. But an "infinite amount of time," can be rewritten as the adverb "infinitely"

The way I'm using "gets infinitely smaller" simply means "gets smaller endlessly."
And would you disagree that positive values getting closer to zero is synonymous with getting smaller?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

jesiah 0-deaths people doing that on platforms, yeah, i know how it works.
he made that junk up off the top of the dome in grand finals one time,

he was so happy for himself, he was still jumping around like a little girl a week later

EDIT : Inui I wanna see you go all snake no matter what... no matter what the stage or character you have ot play you better stay snake or i wont let you for get it

ColinJF

Smash Ace
How many times do I need to bold the er in smaller for you to see that I'm not referring to any particular number in the set?

What I've said is simply the written equivalent of "the limit as n, or in your case "e," appoaches infinite is zero! (why did you use e when that's already a number? Is that some form of limit notation that I haven't learned about yet?)

The limit as the number of votes approaches infinity is zero. As in, the difference between percentages gets closer and closer to zero. As in, the difference between percentages gets smaller and smaller indefinitely. As in, the difference between percentages gets in smaller infinitely, or infinitely smaller.

Infinitely smaller is not any particular value. It is a simplified verbal representation of this specific limit case, Limit as n->infinity= 0. Since the actual value never actually reaches zero (since infinity is unreachable), it can be said that the value will simply continue to get smaller for an infinite amount of time. But an "infinite amount of time," can be rewritten as the adverb "infinitely"

The way I'm using "gets infinitely smaller" simply means "gets smaller endlessly."
And would you disagree that positive values getting closer to zero is synonymous with getting smaller?
There is no such thing as getting infinitely smaller. I wrote down above what it means when we talk about limits. You seem to have a loose understanding of what limits mean, but I wrote it down completely formally above. Take a look.

And I said I was using e to mean any positive number you like. This is more commonly denoted by epsilon, but I didn't feel like looking that character up.

To really make this transparent I will spell it out in words. When we say "the limit as n -> infinity is zero" what we mean is that for every positive number e you give me, I can find a value of N such that for every n > N, the magnitude of the expression in terms of n is less than e. As you can see, this has nothing to do with infinitely small values, or "infinitely smaller" values. That is the sloppy understanding I was correcting above.

A limit existing is a statement that we can make some value as close to some other value as we like simply by making n sufficiently large. It isn't a statement about "infinitely smaller" numbers.

Again, limits have nothing to do with getting "infinitely smaller" ever. Not just any particular limit, they never have anything to do with this. What they do have to do with is being able to make expressions arbitrarily small (as small as you like).

I hope we have this cleared up now! I cringe whenever I hear "infinitely small[er]" and we aren't talking about nonstandard analysis. ;)

[I edited this post about a zillion times to try to answer everything you could possibly reply with...]

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
jesiah 0-deaths people doing that on platforms, yeah, i know how it works.
he made that junk up off the top of the dome in grand finals one time,

he was so happy for himself, he was still jumping around like a little girl a week later

EDIT : Inui I wanna see you go all snake no matter what... no matter what the stage or character you have ot play you better stay snake or i wont let you for get it
Actually, I thought of it vs a computer one time, and spent a few weeks playing on and off perfecting it on people. Just the first time I ever did it in tournament was grand finals. The next biweekly I also did it vs the same player in grand finals. It's really good.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202583

And no Inui, Snake is not better than MK, however Snake is severely underrated and is easily the second best character in the game, without a doubt.

infomon

Smash Scientist
DarkSonic gets it, he's just using sloppy terminology to describe what he means. He's coining the term "infinitely smaller" in a way that is mathematically unconventional and prone to erroneous reasoning, but what he means by it isn't untrue. He should be talking about getting arbitrarily close to zero, where instead he says "indefinitely", and then (wrongly) bumps that to "infinitely". And he talks about "time" where he means increased n, lol. ColinJF is right, DarkSonic isn't dumb though, just be more careful and precise when you discuss math, as subtle vocabulary twists can easily suggest incorrect reasoning :)

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Hehe yeah, I'm being a bit pedantic here, but I thought I had covered all my bases and got a response about time. :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Snake is underated? Since when? Keep in mind that he used to have the most tournament wins and that most of the character boards had threads complaining about him. To me, the most underrated character is probably Pikachu or the Ice Climbers; both characters would probably be ranked a lot higher if Metaknight didn't utterly destroy them considering they have decent match ups against most of the top/high tier characters.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
DarkSonic gets it, he's just using sloppy terminology to describe what he means. He's coining the term "infinitely smaller" in a way that is mathematically unconventional and prone to erroneous reasoning, but what he means by it isn't untrue. He should be talking about getting arbitrarily close to zero, where instead he says "indefinitely", and then (wrongly) bumps that to "infinitely". And he talks about "time" where he means increased n, lol. ColinJF is right, DarkSonic isn't dumb though, just be more careful and precise when you discuss math, as subtle vocabulary twists can easily suggest incorrect reasoning :)
Hmm...I suppose indefinitely and infinitely are not really synonymous like I had hoped. So, would "getting smaller indefinitely," be synonymous with "getting abitrarily close to zero?"

I was so focused on my use of the word "smaller," that I hadn't realized I was using "infinitely" wrong. My bad.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Every character can be perfect with an ability to see the future.

Snake has a good setup from his d-throw in that he can wait for movement, shield, then shield release to f-tilt without fail. He can also nade, shield to drop, f-tilt after movement.

So? :p
Not true,
they might be able to see the future, but it doesn't mean there is always going to be a way to prevent it!

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the whole "getting smaller indefinitely" is a fine way to put it. As n increases, the ratio continues getting smaller. That's true throughout the set of positive reals, so it's true to an indefinite (or arbitrary) point, so it's true indefinitely. Maybe it's not standard writing, but it makes sense. Arbitrary is a better term than indefinite, but indefinite works.

Being true infinitely.... that's a bit more troublesome, because indefinite != infinite.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Will this make him banned, officially? Or is this just another one of those polls? Cause I'm all for it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Hmm...I suppose indefinitely and infinitely are not really synonymous like I had hoped. So, would "getting smaller indefinitely," be synonymous with "getting abitrarily close to zero?"
To be pedantic, no, but in this case they're both true. ;) "Getting smaller indefinitely" (as n increases) is often called "monotonically decreasing" (ie. the function only decreases, never stays level or increases), and that is true in this case, and helps us determine that the limit of the function is zero, which is also true. :)

A quick example: You can have a sequence of positive numbers that "gets smaller indefinitely" (is monotonically decreasing) and has a limit of 17.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
If we banned Metaknight. Are you guys just going to sit here and assume that the people currently maining Meta will just follow the ban and pick a new character? Give up the money they've been making camping tournaments? Give up the prizes, the fame, the glory, of winning?

Really guys?

If we Put a ban on metaknight, Multiple things will happen.

One. The Melee community will point their fingers and laugh at us. Sounds stupid right? The Majority of the Melee community already detests brawl, and this will be a perfect opportunity to prey on Brawl. We would have banned a character from a game, that hasn't even been out for a year yet. Banning a character in any respect that early just shows the severe problem in brawl. The Melee community will strengthen, and grow, considering that many current Brawl players are teetering on the edge of the fence that divides Brawl and Melee. And I do like Melee, (Especially nao that I can Waveland Fair with Doc. XD Skrub am I.) (BHUT Alpha Zealot did beat me with his one handed Peach at MLG NJ. Amazing.) (BUT I did Spike Ken in a MM. True story. XD) (That was when I had tech skill... Q_Q)

So we Ban Metaknight, then what? Well, there goes a large fraction of the community. Some will quit because they were too far into Metaknight to switch to a new Main, some will quit because they feel it's stupid that he got banned, some will quit because they realize that Brawl Sucks, there will be various reasons, but I swear to you that more people will quit than you think. Which is... a Bad thing. Because I like big turnouts at tournaments. Don't you? =D

But okay, lets say that they don't quit. There are going to be tournaments that Ban Meta, and then there are going to be some that don't. Wouldn't that create Segregation? "I only go to tournaments that Ban Meta." Our community would be segregated; "For or against banning Meta?" Soon, turnouts for tournaments will be cut in fractions, as not everybody agrees with the same rules. In addition, Because the Metaknight community is beginning to shift in percent as a greater populous, we'll still be seeing more tournaments that accept Metaknight. Because current metaknights will abstain from going to the tournaments that Ban him, (Primarily because they couldn't win,) They will make their own, allowing everybody. Personally, I'd rather go to a tournament with 100 people that allow metaknight, then one with 50 that bans him.

You're going to have your group who likes meta, and a group who doesn't. But what about that third group, that doesn't care? Then, the people who don't care if Metaknight is there or not, will probably opt for the bigger tournament turn out. So your 50 Metaknight banned tournament just turned into 35, and your 100 metaknight allowed tournament just turned into 115. I wonder why there isn't a "I don't care, either way." Option on that poll?

And, is MK really that broken? (LOL CLEEEE SHAAYYY). BLAH BLAH BLAH AKUMA BLAH BLAH BLAH. You've all heard that one before. So let me take it into a different respect. Maybe you've heard the Shiek argument? Hehe, Shiek was broken, then we learned about DI, and said, Good bye Dthrow tilt combos! Dost thou really not think that in due time, we will find things to eliminate the current overwhelming threat that is Metaknight? Or are you willing to ban something so early?

You know what we need to focus on? Forget Metaknight, forget that. The character isn't broken. Let me say this so that everybody hears it.

We should be talking about the tact to win with Metaknight, not the character himself.

Metaknight is not my hardest matchup. (**** GaW. :[) But Camping is. I can't tell you how annoying Camping is. Plank camped his way right to third at Axis. Straight away to third, and took third from an actual skilled player, SK92. Because many people play Metaknight, and branch their ideas off current top players, camping is becoming more common. Camping it self should be regulated, and then this game would be so much better. You think that MK is the best camper? Efficient, sure, but not the best. Look at. R.O.B. Camp camp camppity camp camp camp. One of the best, if not THE best camper in the game. But MK has an arsenal of attacks that could kill you, and then he could Camp, making him higher than ROB. And to pull that arsenal off, it takes skill. You can't just pick up meta, and then be DSF.

You know when people say, "OMG ANYONE CAN PLAY META LOLOLOLLOL"? Well, it's true. The current metagame to win, has been developed such that Camping is a very vital and key way to play. And yes, I am saying that ANYBODY can camp. Not that hard. But it does take skill to play Metaknight. Spacing is very hard, give the players some credit. It isn't thaat easy. You want easy? Play GaW. There. Bair bair bair kbai. (JK. XD)

I beg of you, brawl community. Lets start looking at the tact that people are using to win, instead of the character himself. Face it. If a MK didn't camp, is the matchup really that terrible? I don't think so, in the slightest. If we just regulated Camping in a whole, which I know that we can do, I think that you'll see MK isn't that bad. This could be the step to making this game a better experience for everybody.

I know that Camping is apart of Smash, but now that we are presented with this game where you can literally camp to top 5 consistently, we have to recognize it, and fix it. We must recognize this extreme fault and work as a community to fix it.

So waddya say?

(Closing comments: This is probably written in poor eigo, (ingles). I do apologize. =D)
you're stupid

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Will this make him banned, officially? Or is this just another one of those polls? Cause I'm all for it.
If you take the time to look at who is voting you'll quickly realize that this poll means nothing.

IKE_Angel

Smash Journeyman
people who whine agaisnt a MK are pussys seriously just cause you suck and can't keep up with them you have to ban him all you johns out there tell me who was winning all the major melee tourneys who marth(a) did any johns john no they didn't cause they would practice now people want to ban MK cause they just want an easier way to win tourneys now tell me who is the best at this game who an MK well NO a snake ally who's second.... A ROB holynightmare did u hear me saymk these people learned to keep up with mk they don't sit get fatter and whine they actually beatmks with ease i can to you johns out there are noobs u proabably didn't even understand the melee part cause you never touched melee

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
First of all, you make no sense. Second of all, Ally has yet to prove himself best in the world.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Not true,
they might be able to see the future, but it doesn't mean there is always going to be a way to prevent it!
that only depends on how far into the future you can see...

you're stupid
i have to agree, since were just making up numbers about people quitting, I can safely say that if MK isnt banned even though there will be 1 tourney for everyone to go to, people are going to quit because Mk is broken so in skys example, id rather have 2 tourneys with a collective 150 attendants than 1 tourney with 85 because people didnt want to come because of MK
Stay away from them ladderz :(
yup yup

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
why does it even matter if it is agreed upon that metaknight should or should not be banned...compare him to wobbling...some people wanted it banned, some people didnt...it differed between tournaments so it really doesnt matter whether a concensus is reached because clearly both sides have strong support...the only thing that matters is whether the person holding a particular tournament decides to ban him...if tournaments that ban metaknight get larger tournouts, then that kinda solves the problem...if tournaments that do not ban metaknight get larger turnouts...then so be it.

so people who want him banned should just hold tournaments with that ruleset...no debate is necessary...each tournament is and should be unique

Sky`

Smash Lord
lol y dn't u guys get bttr so u can beet meta u guyz ned 2 l2play n train mor wit lvl 9 cmputer. meta sn't brokn u jus suk LOL

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Go pretend like people like you somewhere else.

At least I don't try to make people like me by presenting common knowledge off as my own and doing it in such an obnoxious manner that even Chris Rock and Tom Green would wince.

Originally Posted by Sky`:
If we banned Metaknight. Are you guys just going to sit here and assume that the people currently maining Meta will just follow the ban and pick a new character? Give up the money they've been making camping tournaments? Give up the prizes, the fame, the glory, of winning?

Really guys?

If we Put a ban on metaknight, Multiple things will happen.

One. The Melee community will point their fingers and laugh at us.

They've been doing that since Brawl came out anyways; you honestly think this would greatly change things?

Sounds stupid right? The Majority of the Melee community already detests brawl, and this will be a perfect opportunity to prey on Brawl. We would have banned a character from a game, that hasn't even been out for a year yet. Banning a character in any respect that early just shows the severe problem in brawl.

Yeah, it's called the fact the metagame right at the moment is so focused on beating ONE character.

The Melee community will strengthen, and grow, considering that many current Brawl players are teetering on the edge of the fence that divides Brawl and Melee.

OH NO! Melee will get back players that it has been heavily losing in the past 7 months? Say it ain't so! The fact that people think that these two games can't co-exist completely baffles me.

And I do like Melee, (Especially nao that I can Waveland Fair with Doc. XD Skrub am I.) (BHUT Alpha Zealot did beat me with his one handed Peach at MLG NJ. Amazing.) (BUT I did Spike Ken in a MM. True story. XD) (That was when I had tech skill... Q_Q)

So we Ban Metaknight, then what? Well, there goes a large fraction of the community. Some will quit because they were too far into Metaknight to switch to a new Main, some will quit because they feel it's stupid that he got banned, some will quit because they realize that Brawl Sucks, there will be various reasons, but I swear to you that more people will quit than you think. Which is... a Bad thing. Because I like big turnouts at tournaments. Don't you? =D

This is bull; complete and utter bull. If I didn't have class in an hour, I'd probably have my face buried in my hands for the next three because of how horrendously bad this statement is. Where do I even start...

1. Too far into Metaknight? There's not such thing as "too far" into Metaknight because his strategies are so simplistic and universal that it takes a matter of days to understand him to a competent level. He's probably the most shallow character in the game and most people pick him up as a secondary because of this.

2. One of the big reasons people think Brawl sucks is because Metaknight is essentially Smash Bros on training wheels and wrecks a majority of the cast with little effort. I think a majority of the community would rather face a lazer spamming Falco then a Metaknight who whirls around like a ****** with the tornado half the match.

3. As previously said, there are few people who just use Metaknight exclusively. People usually pick him up to deal with other Metaknights or to simply deal with the bad matchups of their mains. If Metaknight was banned, a vast majority of these people would simply go back to their mains or, if they used Metaknight exclusively, probably switch to another top/high tier character like Falco or Marth.

But okay, lets say that they don't quit. There are going to be tournaments that Ban Meta, and then there are going to be some that don't. Wouldn't that create Segregation? "I only go to tournaments that Ban Meta." Our community would be segregated; "For or against banning Meta?"

... Our community is already segregated on this issue but I can't see more than a few people dropping tournaments if Metaknight was banned. If anything, it would probably attract more people because they would actually have more of a chance of placing since, as I said before, Metaknight wrecks a huge chunk of the cast.

Soon, turnouts for tournaments will be cut in fractions, as not everybody agrees with the same rules. In addition, Because the Metaknight community is beginning to shift in percent as a greater populous, we'll still be seeing more tournaments that accept Metaknight. Because current metaknights will abstain from going to the tournaments that Ban him, (Primarily because they couldn't win,) They will make their own, allowing everybody. Personally, I'd rather go to a tournament with 100 people that allow metaknight, then one with 50 that bans him.

This is what I like to call "noise." I'd like to think that people who use Metaknight aren't using him so much as a crutch that they couldn't win with any other character. Do you think Hylian would stop ranking if he went back to the Ice Climbers/Mr. Game and Watch? Do you think Mew2King would stop being the among the best if he went back to King Dedede? In short, you kind of kill your own arguement from before; even without Metaknight, people are going to go where the money is. No serious competitive player would would turn up his nose at the chance to win $100+ simply because one character wasn't allowed. Metaknight isn't nessecary to win, he just makes it a lot easier.

You're going to have your group who likes meta, and a group who doesn't. But what about that third group, that doesn't care? Then, the people who don't care if Metaknight is there or not, will probably opt for the bigger tournament turn out. So your 50 Metaknight banned tournament just turned into 35, and your 100 metaknight allowed tournament just turned into 115. I wonder why there isn't a "I don't care, either way." Option on that poll?

Dear God... where are my pills...

And, is MK really that broken? (LOL CLEEEE SHAAYYY). BLAH BLAH BLAH AKUMA BLAH BLAH BLAH. You've all heard that one before. So let me take it into a different respect. Maybe you've heard the Shiek argument? Hehe, Shiek was broken, then we learned about DI, and said, Good bye Dthrow tilt combos! Dost thou really not think that in due time, we will find things to eliminate the current overwhelming threat that is Metaknight? Or are you willing to ban something so early?

A different respect? This arguement has been used a buttload of times too. As time has passed, Metaknight has gotten better, not worse. If anything, the Shiek example applies a lot more to Snake who used to be on top. As said many times before, people have yet to find any genuinelly decent counters against Metaknight. The only counters that have been found are stage counters for different characters like Bowser and Yoshi. Personally, I support a temporary ban and creation of a team of 10-15 high ranking players to test out counters in the downtime while he's banned at most major tournaments. This would probably last a month and, if the team works hard enough, at least one good counter should be found if it even exists.

You know what we need to focus on? Forget Metaknight, forget that. The character isn't broken. Let me say this so that everybody hears it.

We should be talking about the tact to win with Metaknight, not the character himself.

Metaknight is not my hardest matchup. (**** GaW. :[) But Camping is. I can't tell you how annoying Camping is. Plank camped his way right to third at Axis. Straight away to third, and took third from an actual skilled player, SK92. Because many people play Metaknight, and branch their ideas off current top players, camping is becoming more common. Camping it self should be regulated, and then this game would be so much better. You think that MK is the best camper? Efficient, sure, but not the best. Look at. R.O.B. Camp camp camppity camp camp camp. One of the best, if not THE best camper in the game. But MK has an arsenal of attacks that could kill you, and then he could Camp, making him higher than ROB. And to pull that arsenal off, it takes skill. You can't just pick up meta, and then be DSF.

There are ways around camping and you can always counterpick stages to help deal with it (Rainbow Cruise and Green Greens, anyone?). If anything, Metaknight is not the best camper, Snake and Olimar easily take that title. Also, how do you regulate camping? You can't just say, "Oh, you can only use so many of this certain kind of attack per stock." You talk about the opinion of whether or not Metaknight should be allowed in tournaments as subjective, this would be ten times so. Just about everyone would have their own definition of what is too much and there wouldn't be a fair way to define it. Also, it goes against the mentality of playing to win because you are supposed to do whatever it takes to gain the upper hand, even if it means playing outlandishly gay in the process. Camping is also an extremelly important part of some characters' metagames so you would rather kill a part of the metagame for a decent number of characters then eliminate a character who is argued to killing the metagame? I don't know about you but that's just strange.

You know when people say, "OMG ANYONE CAN PLAY META LOLOLOLLOL"? Well, it's true. The current metagame to win, has been developed such that Camping is a very vital and key way to play. And yes, I am saying that ANYBODY can camp. Not that hard. But it does take skill to play Metaknight. Spacing is very hard, give the players some credit. It isn't thaat easy. You want easy? Play GaW. There. Bair bair bair kbai. (JK. XD)

Game and Watch doesn't have almost triple the number of tournament wins then any other character, now does he? Learning to get tippers with Marth most of the time is hard. Spacing with Zero Suit Samus is hard. Spacing with Metaknight? No, definately not especially when most of his attacks are disjointed and have superior priority.

I beg of you, brawl community. Lets start looking at the tact that people are using to win, instead of the character himself. Face it. If a MK didn't camp, is the matchup really that terrible? I don't think so, in the slightest. If we just regulated Camping in a whole, which I know that we can do, I think that you'll see MK isn't that bad. This could be the step to making this game a better experience for everybody.

When was the last time you even played a Metaknight? It's not like Snake where you can litter the stage with grenades, c4, and mines or Olimar who can do reverse grabs, spam the pikmin throw, and fsmash until you try to strangle yourself with your controller cord. Metaknight doesn't just sit in one place and wait for people to come to them; no, he flies at them with full force, knocks them around, and easily kills people off stage. In fact, without camping, the matchups against Metaknight would be a lot worse. The Ice Climbers can decently fend him off with blizzards and ice shots but the match up is still 70-30 in Metaknight's favor. Wolf and Falco can penetrate the tornado with the lazer but Wolf is still 70-30 and Falco is 65-35 (I think). Shiek has her tilt locks, Snake has his grenades, Bowser has the fire breath and grab releases, Yoshi has the reverse grabs and eggs that stop most of his approaches, etc. Even with all this, these characters are still at a disadvantage against him.

I know that Camping is apart of Smash, but now that we are presented with this game where you can literally camp to top 5 consistently, we have to recognize it, and fix it. We must recognize this extreme fault and work as a community to fix it.

Again, camping can be gotten around and, if what you said WERE true, characters like Wolf, Pit, Pikachu, Toon Link, and the Ice Climbers would be doing a whole lot better then they are now.

So waddya say?

(Closing comments: This is probably written in poor eigo, (ingles). I do apologize. =D)
My comments in Red.

salaboB

Smash Champion
lol y dn't u guys get bttr so u can beet meta u guyz ned 2 l2play n train mor wit lvl 9 cmputer. meta sn't brokn u jus suk LOL
Captain Falcon is top tier against level 9 computers.

And, I personally don't like beets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom