• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
Don't ban MK! I implore you! It might *gasp* force me to get a job to make a living!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ally actually is really good guys. People that say he's only good online are idiots. He's even better offline. Definitely has a chance at being the best Snake in the world.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I think no metaknight tourneys will break open doubles ALOT seeing as how snake and dedede can't use some of their tactics as easily in doubles.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
He's probably talking about Snake's throw setups, and DDD's CG.
snakesliding, using grenades and explosives all over the place.

I didn't mention GaW because I consider him one of the best teamates... I'm just saying alot of metaknights are used even in doubles and I think without him there would be a wider variety spread in teams...

... it's just my opinion >_>

brinboy789

Smash Champion
snakesliding, using grenades and explosives all over the place.

I didn't mention GaW because I consider him one of the best teamates... I'm just saying alot of metaknights are used even in doubles and I think without him there would be a wider variety spread in teams...

... it's just my opinion >_>
grenades stop MK, especially with the tornado, not the other way around. snakesliding maybe?not sure. and explosives how? c4 is remote controlled, dont see how that can be stopped by MK, dsmash cant be stopped, mortar... not really.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
online revolves around super simple strategies. Press B with MK, press B with snake, press B with pit. F tilt. Spam moves, you can't react to them online, you can just spam them. Horrible to ever consider it.
Um, yes, exactly. Metaknight excels at spamming special moves. This makes him extremely good in wifi because he has the most protective, spammable moves around.

Besides, I even said that it was all tournaments aside. MK is broken for several reasons that have nothing to do with wifi brawling.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I AM NOT, REFERENCING, HIS, ATTACKS VS ANYONE...

I AM SAYING--
MK IS GREAT, ALOT OF PEOPLE PLAY MK.
TAKE MK OUT, THERE ISN'T A MINI-MK (IE ASSUME FOX/FALCO WERE THE ONLY TOPs OF MELEE... IF FOX GOT BANNED EVERYONE WOULD SWICH TO FALCO, THEY ARE SIMILAR... THERE ARE NO OTHER CHARACTERS WITH NO BAD SOLO MATCHUPS)
SO, NO MK = THOSE PLAYERS PICKING A VARIETY OF OTHER CHARACTERS IN TEAMS, RESULTING IN MANY DIFFERENT TEAM COMBINATIONS COME TOURNAMENT PLAY.

/capslocks

I'm not trying to compare and say "ZOMG METAKNIGHT IS BEST EVEN IN TEAMS" I'm saying there is no direct underling from metaknight for them to fall back on, so the field will be spread.

...is that clear enough?

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I AM NOT, REFERENCING, HIS, ATTACKS VS ANYONE...

I AM SAYING--
MK IS GREAT, ALOT OF PEOPLE PLAY MK.
TAKE MK OUT, THERE ISN'T A MINI-MK (IE ASSUME FOX/FALCO WERE THE ONLY TOPs OF MELEE... IF FOX GOT BANNED EVERYONE WOULD SWICH TO FALCO, THEY ARE SIMILAR... THERE ARE NO OTHER CHARACTERS WITH NO BAD SOLO MATCHUPS)
SO, NO MK = THOSE PLAYERS PICKING A VARIETY OF OTHER CHARACTERS IN TEAMS, RESULTING IN MANY DIFFERENT TEAM COMBINATIONS COME TOURNAMENT PLAY.

/capslocks

I'm not trying to compare and say "ZOMG METAKNIGHT IS BEST EVEN IN TEAMS" I'm saying there is no direct underling from metaknight for them to fall back on, so the field will be spread.

...is that clear enough?
lawl no need to flip out. you just totally changed to topic, but ok w/e idc anyway. i never denied anything you said up there, i was talking about something else lol

BentoBox

Smash Master
Wi-Fi has no meaning in rankings or anything like that. Mew2King is easily the best, and Azen is number two. Ally may be up there in skill, but Wi-Fi proves very little.
He's shown what he's capable of IRL in canada :D. And yeah, he's that good. He never shows up to weeklies tho >:[

thumbswayup

Smash Master
It has nothing to do with you winning, it has to do with the character itself. No one cares if you win with him, you're the best smasher in the world. But when people like Inui start using him and winning, then it becomes a problem. All of MK's moves have little to no lag and cannot be punished. The only character who goes even with him is Snake, every other character is at a disadvantage. lol and people ***** about Diddy being gay. I hate this community.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
A.) Snake beats Metaknight, ESPECIALLY on large stages.
B.) Diddy is gay, are you serious?
C.) Inui was already good @ the game.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Just play Peach and DDD/Falco aren't as annoying coz they hands not big enough to CG that booty.

Lol @ Inui driven dramafest.

Hear to mouth is a powerful tool. Fact is, nobody knew who Inui was before these threads surfaced~ Players improving is a concept too hard to fathom for some.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
There are not that many stages that MK beats Snake on. Even half/most of the counterpicks Snake wins on.

Gay and Good are different. MK is way better than Diddy, but Diddy is way gayer. YOU CAN'T MOVE WHEN YOU PLAY VS DIDDY!

I mean, idk about you but I like to be able to move when I play Smash. It's fun to be able to go where I want. Obviously Diddy doesn't like letting people have fun, so he uses bananas.

BentoBox- Did you really just say no one knew who Inui was before these threads? Which threads are you talking about, because almost EVERYONE knows Inui for one reason or another.

Also, I'm not saying Snake beats MK so terribly. Obviously MK has a lot of advantages on Snake and can gimp him which is good. I'm just saying, in general Snake wins. Definitely not a **** matchup like Sheik vs Marth in Melee though. Almost always a better MK will beat a better Snake. Gah, idk. I just know that Snake does well vs MK when he doesn't get gimped, and it's very possible to play safe like that.

BentoBox

Smash Master
There are not that many stages that MK beats Snake on. Even half/most of the counterpicks Snake wins on.

Gay and Good are different. MK is way better than Diddy, but Diddy is way gayer. YOU CAN'T MOVE WHEN YOU PLAY VS DIDDY!

I mean, idk about you but I like to be able to move when I play Smash. It's fun to be able to go where I want. Obviously Diddy doesn't like letting people have fun, so he uses bananas.

BentoBox- Did you really just say no one knew who Inui was before these threads? Which threads are you talking about, because almost EVERYONE knows Inui for one reason or another.
These threads = Let's ban MK type threads.

I knew of his reputation as being an ******* IRL and being not that good, but you had to dig in deep in the regional boards to come across those remarks. People started bashing on Inui's skill when he beat Bum/Atmosk by spamming the nado.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Eh? Who the hell says you can move against a good MK?! With nado and up b/d smash spam it's **** near impossible to find an opening. Even with bananas on my side I still have problems because any good MK will be fast enough to always stop me from pulling more out, especially if they ban FD.

Btw, any MK that bans FD is a ***** *** ***** and is the lowest of the low in this game.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
More like just adding to their already staggering advantage. They're using the best character in the game and they ban one of the best(and only neutral) stages in Brawl?! Not to mention most MKs CP a gay *** stage like Norfair if they lose round one. I hate those people.

hagendaasmaser

Smash Rookie
Eh? Who the hell says you can move against a good MK?! With nado and up b/d smash spam it's **** near impossible to find an opening. Even with bananas on my side I still have problems because any good MK will be fast enough to always stop me from pulling more out, especially if they ban FD.

Btw, any MK that bans FD is a ***** *** ***** and is the lowest of the low in this game.
lol, you make him sound broken. Not the case...MK can lose if you know what to do and how to do it. And no...if he bans FD he is not a ***** ** ***** because that is part of how tournaments go and he of course is not going to make it easier for you to win.

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
GW and Snake are better in doubles than MK. Hylian will back me up on this.
I agree that GW is better in teams than MK. In fact, he's probably the best teammate you can have (as long as you have some energy attack), for the obvious reason of bucket. Dthrow -> bucket = x_x As for Snake, I'd have to disagree. All of the Snakes I play with on teams, many of which are great in 1v1, take full advantage of the FF being on, to my expense. It's not impossible to get around, but is a blatant disadvantage, and thus MK in general is better in teams.

Sky`

Smash Lord
no srsly guise, y ban mk lol y dun u jus plai lvl 9 cpuz n get betr n lern ur mtchup dats y im teh bst on my blk cuz i kno teh chrcter god jus l2play ROFL.

/10<3

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
More like just adding to their already staggering advantage. They're using the best character in the game and they ban one of the best(and only neutral) stages in Brawl?! Not to mention most MKs CP a gay *** stage like Norfair if they lose round one. I hate those people.
This is the point of stage bans- to increase your advantage. If you DIDN'T ban your worst/your opponent's best stage, you'd just be stupid.

No, these players are being competitive. They have every right to abuse it if its within the rules. Now, if it's unfair, then they are doing us a favor by PROVING that it is unfair, and we should ban it.

Oddly, people seem to be reluctant to stop winners, even if they're winning by anticompetitive means, because they think it might stifle something (in MK's case, they think it might stifle MK's metagame). This is the same reason the US government is always hesitant to cap Microsoft. Of course, such reasoning completely ignores that such anticompetitive aspects destroy everything else (in MK's case, the counterpick system- in Microsoft's case, every market they enter).

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
GW and Snake are better in doubles than MK. Hylian will back me up on this.
Actually, I would agree with this. I'd rather have a G&W as a teammate for my Peach than an MK, since I can send people to a percentage at which G&W can kill them in a single dair combo.

Though double MK teams will always be solid. But yeah, we do have to ask the question of whether or not MK should be banned from doubles, and from online tournaments (where lag makes his two-frame downsmash seem unimportant since there is 15-30 frames of lag added in front of it).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Actually, I would agree with this. I'd rather have a G&W as a teammate for my Peach than an MK, since I can send people to a percentage at which G&W can kill them in a single dair combo.

Though double MK teams will always be solid. But yeah, we do have to ask the question of whether or not MK should be banned from doubles, and from online tournaments (where lag makes his two-frame downsmash seem unimportant since there is 15-30 frames of lag added in front of it).
this is a hard question, and will take much more time and effort and tourney results to determine that MK is effing with doubles as well. but i dont think, at this point, that theres anything wrong with MK and doubles. i think certain teams have teh advantage over double MK, because slow characters are so much more useful when you can set up for their slow, stupid strong attacks. and with a partner helping you, being gimped has its chances reduced.

also, nobody cares about online tourneys

and for the record i believe that MKs d-smash is on frame 3 not frame 2 (not that it really matters, imm just sayin...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom