• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Anand

Smash Journeyman
He's probably hitting A too soon after Y, but also not letting go of L/R before hitting A, so he ends up doing a JC grab OoS.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I'm amazed you're that fast but if too much speed is the problem then I don't have much else to tell you.
If I try to go slower, I just end up full-hopping :(
Oh well, I guess i'll keep working on it. Just gotta get the right rythm I guess.

And yeah I have the grabbing problem too. Though it can be fixed by just releasing the shieldbutton when you jump... But then you still jump and do nothing. Right now i'm just trying to SH Nair and get the Nair out without shielding at all, to not have to deal with getting grabs when too fast.

I used to sometimes shieldgrab because of the shieldstun or missing the jump through tapping, but this definitely isn't the case when practicing sliding. It's just too fast :(

Vincent46

Smash Cadet
I short hop nair with the stick, but i can't do it with some controllers. A lot of people use y/x + z also.

stelzig

Smash Lord
C-stick I got working decently as well, but i'd much rather be able to use this new method. Going for Z is just absolutely impossible to me - can't shorthop for **** if I have my finger on Z (I usually rest it below R until I need Z for grabbing)

soap

Smash Hero
Y + A for me. I tap. Sliding is too fast for me as well, sometimes the input gets lost.

I do alot of control stick jumping too but never for short hops

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Well, that's what this board is for. If you want some advice or my input just point out some matches you'd like me to watch (I need times for stream rips like this) and I can take a look.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
This character is exhausting to fight against...as like...everyone...why is Sheik sooooo good...

Van.

Smash Ace
Dear KirbyKaze,

I'm quitting sheik, so I'm going to share with you this ill sheik tech that I will know sadly never get to use.

When you win your first major, make sure to kill the spacy off the top. Then immediately taunt, and renact sheiks hairbrush pose thing IRL, in perfect sync with the onscreen sheik. The stream will immortalize it forever, and it will be really ill

Love, Van

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Dear KirbyKaze,

I'm quitting sheik, so I'm going to share with you this ill sheik tech that I will know sadly never get to use.

When you win your first major, make sure to kill the spacy off the top. Then immediately taunt, and renact sheiks hairbrush pose thing IRL, in perfect sync with the onscreen sheik. The stream will immortalize it forever, and it will be really ill

Love, Van
Why would Armada be using a space animal...?

I'm down to synchronize IRL pose with game ones though.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
How late did your nair hit their shield? If you hit early, you can be grabbed before your lag ends. If you do a late nair you can probably dash away or spotdodge to bait the grab and punish

soap

Smash Hero
off topic, but soap you did I <3 needles right? I can't find it on youtubz >:
Jesus christ it says I uploaded this in 2008..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttRBjxW_rlQ

Until he usmashes or dairs OoS or just wavedashes back :rolleyes:
na you can beat all those options. late nair u can hit em first, or u throw it out early and fade back. If they are aggresive they will wavedash forward and try to shine you, otherwise you are out of retaliation range.

pretty sure max ftilt is longer than his upsmash but his usmash has crazy range sometimes, plus it just seems to eat other hitboxes

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Usmash is an amazing OoS option. Range is relatively equal to sheik's ftilt (very tip of her toes are out of range, but if you're at that spacing how did you late nair their shield?) and the speed is ~the same as grab. Honestly, I don't see late nairs from sheik players; I usually see spaced late or auto canceled fairs. Nair is more of a move you drag to cover space for a longer time. I suppose the fullhop bair falling nair could land on a shield could happen and would explain this situation occuring.

A little off topic: I think sheik has one of the better "shield pressure" games outside of the spacies. Just her ability to stand outside your range and react with burst speed is really good, plus she has a strong CC game and her body size is obnoxious sometimes.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you guys should remind yourselves how to play against low tiers

teczero's sheik lost to my DK

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
At least he was honorable enough to not just falco you. Teczero has an amazing falco, one of his best characters

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
No I just landed an AC nair behind him and he thought he could shield grab it for some reason.

It's the mysterious power of the ambiguous cross up.

edit:

Just played PAL Sheik. She's terrible.

Top Bottom