• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
NO!!!! Tope no whats up man puff sheik is even!!! Or in sheiks favor imo. Im entilted to it since amsah thinks sheik beats falco lol.
I was just joking on the Falco boards. I actually think it's even.. (maybe slightly in Falco's favor if he really knows what he's doing)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
i competely disagree, i feel like being in your shield at all is a step in the wrong direction in the matchup
Interesting..

I think we can all agree keeping your distance and racking up damage against puff is a good idea.

Aside from that whats your thoughts on the match up?

what can u do oos? im curious
Aerials and WD -> tilts for the most part. I suppose needles if you're creative enough with it.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i mean in what situations tho. it seems like if ur getting shield pressured, jiggs is just waiting for u to move so he can punish.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well typically her shield pressure is hitting your shield and then somehow run away or position themselves so they won't be hit.

So you can use it to either counterattack like with nair if they go high to avoid you or bair to go behind you etc etc.

Or just WD back to run away.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can agree with plank about getting stuck in your shield, bad bad....

just WD/roll back

yeeee

GOD!

Smash Ace
yeah nicaboy thats a really good set.

I noticed a distinct lack of tilts (besides dtilit a few times). And you definitely went to the air against her. Do you play hbox a lot? Cause if you do then maybe you just know him really well and I shouldn't study your matches too hard.

xbombr

Smash Ace
In other news, Sheik's chaingrab on Ganon is very amusing the first 10 times you do it, then it makes you feel bad, until he chaingrabs you just as hard.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ganon's CG goes to 90 and then combos into F-smash or U-smash if he's perfect. If he's IMPERFECT it goes to 70 and combos into Bair/Fair.

Screw Ganon.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
sheik does beat falco =)
Dont troll me bro :laugh:
I was just joking on the Falco boards. I actually think it's even.. (maybe slightly in Falco's favor if he really knows what he's doing)
It even, this is coming from a guy who spendt 3 days in lambchops room. Trust me:)
Stop trolling amsah your just too good:laugh:

yeah nicaboy thats a really good set.

I noticed a distinct lack of tilts (besides dtilit a few times). And you definitely went to the air against her. Do you play hbox a lot? Cause if you do then maybe you just know him really well and I shouldn't study your matches too hard.
I didnt play hbox 2 years before that. The last time i played him I was a peach main lol.

soap

Smash Hero
Well typically her shield pressure is hitting your shield and then somehow run away or position themselves so they won't be hit.

So you can use it to either counterattack like with nair if they go high to avoid you or bair to go behind you etc etc.

Or just WD back to run away.
usmash out of shield if they try to aerial > cross over behind u

i get so many kills looking for this

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
its so ironic that the things posted here vs jiggs are the things discredited on the new matchup thread
*shakes head*

edit: lol nicaboy speaking of you two years ago... i asked a certain fox player that said he 4 stocked you in 47 seconds. no hate, just cool how much better uve gotten

Kira-

Smash Champion
this is coming from a guy who spendt 3 days in lambchops room.
I would love to do that. Lambchops is actually my favorite Falco

i saw those him vs m2k vids where m2k is johning and lambchops is trying to teach him LOL. good stuff

lol nicaboy speaking of you two years ago... i asked a certain fox player that said he 4 stocked you in 47 seconds. no hate, just cool how much better uve gotten
Rofl this was funny

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I housed Blunted_Object for like a weekend or so because he was randomly in town. I really think if the Falco is gay and doesn't leave places for Sheik to Nair OoS, it's really hard to shake him. Though I'm also pretty sure that when Sheik's on offense her tech chase, gimps, and SH aerials are super effective vs Falco and shut him into retreat too. Falco gets stuck easily when he's cornered and on defense against Sheik.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
You can chaingrab Ganon at 7 damage guaranteed. It's really funny to do. Too bad you get chaingrabbed at 0. :(

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
sheiks best secondary in pal?

sheiks best secondary in ntsc?

your second best character.
If you dont have one but want to get a secondary, check your least favorite Matchups, and find a character with whom you would rather play those MUs...

I use Fox,Falco as secondary nowadays... but it changes from time to time

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
your second best character.
If you dont have one but want to get a secondary, check your least favorite Matchups, and find a character with whom you would rather play those MUs...

I use Fox,Falco as secondary nowadays... but it changes from time to time
I gave up on Fox since I've been trying to make him a tournament viable character for like 2 years and am way too inconsistent with him/ in order to play him consistently I have to practice like an hour a day... too high maintenance of a character.

Falco is a great secondary for a Sheik main imo... since I gave up on Fox. There's like no maintenance on him unless you want to be able to multishine and then be able to do something out of your multishine consistently. Otherwise though, you shouldn't need to practice with him. If you do practice with him though, it's really fun.

I love being a Sheik main and having such a low maintenance character. If I practice Sheik for an hour or two and I haven't played in like two/three weeks... I can usually get all my timings back. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think of removing your light shield (holding whichever shield button you use down while you plug in your controller ORRRR holding down whichever shield button you use down while holding xy+start)?

I think it's great and I've been having a ton more consistency powershielding. It's taken me about a week or two to get used to... since instead of lightly hitting L/R I have to hit it down real hard. I also have like... never missed an l cancel this way/missed a perfect waveland onto stage.

tl;dr- Removing your light shield is **** imo and it makes you 100x more consistent.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
tw1n when do I see you again? D:

Also, who do you main?
He mains Jigglypuff. And Slowly I'm picking up fox and learning the matchup after being rested to hell and back by raistlin at Pound O.o Seriously everything jiggs does (Or sheik for that matter) leads into rest >.<

i have missed opportunities to meet u twins :( I must rectify this soon
Definitely :D

:link:

Kira-

Smash Champion
If you were to pick up a secondary for Sheik, you would do so to cover her bad matchups, which include Fox, ICs, and Puff (and possibly Falco).

The one character that covers all of these the best? Fox.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm trying to secondary Peach. She pours hot **** all over Ice Climbers, which is nice, and everything else I'd try to do with Sheik anyway.

Fox is good secondary for everyone in theory, but most people (I find) lack the technical consistency to use him as a secondary. Also, it's really rare to find someone really bad at the Fox matchup at high level, IMO. Fox is the most common tournament character, so most people are good at it, or if not good they're experienced at it.

Falco covers the Fox matchup, can gay-stage Ice Climbers like you wouldn't believe, and is okay against himself. Marth doesn't look too bad. He performs fairly well against the Ice Climbers and Space Animals. Arguably Puff, too. Too bad he's a pain to learn.

In terms of low tiers, if you didn't mind the space animals with Sheik, Young Link would actually be okay. He's okay against Ice Climbers and not too bad against Puff either. You can probably bank on them being horrific at the matchup, too, because of the distinct lack of Young Links. Unfortunately, this means you have to be good with Young Link, which is hard, and if they ever figure out what to do it becomes a lot harder completely spontaneously and that can suck.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
If IC's are a problem as sheik, you might as well pick up peach. The matchup advantage marth or fox has isn't enough to overcome the fact that they aren't your main/best vs ICs. Peach has a bigger advantage and is easier.

If puff is the problem then fox is your guy.

If fox is your problem then you shouldn't main sheik...

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
ive got a peach, but for some funny reason i have a pretty solid young link. his only real purpose is friendlies and low tier tournies... but some people **** up hard against him cause no one plays him. i need to play ganon so i have the whole triforce going

edit: ive never triedmy young link vs puf... i should check that out
What do you guys think of removing your light shield (holding whichever shield button you use down while you plug in your controller ORRRR holding down whichever shield button you use down while holding xy+start)?

I think it's great and I've been having a ton more consistency powershielding. It's taken me about a week or two to get used to... since instead of lightly hitting L/R I have to hit it down real hard. I also have like... never missed an l cancel this way/missed a perfect waveland onto stage.
spawn tell me more

Tero.

Smash Champion
If you were to pick up a secondary for Sheik, you would do so to cover her bad matchups, which include Fox, ICs, and Puff (and possibly Falco).

The one character that covers all of these the best? Fox.
Marth and Fox.

Spife

Smash Master
why not just remove the spring spawn?
"Illegal controller mods" is never fully explained when asked anyway :bee: and no to ever checks

Spife

Smash Master
not both springs
and i forgot some people shield and wavedash and lcancel and tech with the same button, what a sad world you all live in.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
so most people are good at it, or if not good they're experienced at it.
I've heard stories.

I come from a land of Doc and Samus and if I ever do get outside the valley, BC is Falcoland and there ain't no other spacie here! I want a puppy in boots to amuse me. :(

and i forgot some people shield and wavedash and lcancel and tech with the same button, what a sad world you all live in.
LOL

:(

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
ive got a peach, but for some funny reason i have a pretty solid young link. his only real purpose is friendlies and low tier tournies... but some people **** up hard against him cause no one plays him. i need to play ganon so i have the whole triforce going

edit: ive never triedmy young link vs puf... i should check that out

spawn tell me more
What do you want to know?

All I know is that holding ONLY ONE OF THE SHIELD BUTTONS when plugging in your controller is ****. If I notice someone is shieldraping me then I just hit L lightly and let go of R.

But, honestly, I don't understand why more people don't take away light shield. I mean, it helps soooo much for both Sheik and Falco at least.

Notices with Falco:
-I've been getting way better at multishine then wavedashing. I still need more work but meh.
-shine OOS is a lot easier for some reason... might just be me
- waveshining is easier since I basically slam R now
- I've been missing a ton less L cancels since I have to hit R down kinda hard.

Notices with Sheik:
Wavelanding on stage perfectly is more consistent for me
OOS game has improved a lot
...not much to say honestly, I keep missing L cancels with Sheik but that's because of the way I used to L cancel and I'm still learning...

Anything else you can think of I need to cover...?

Top Bottom