• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
My brother plays Falco now.
What is this supposed to mean? lol

but like... why does it help with those things? i dont get it. is it just shaving down the time it takes to fully press it by a fraction of a second?
I can't even explain it dude.

Just like, try it out for 3/4 playing sessions and you'll see if it helps you or not. I find it useful and I honestly can't come up with a really good reason why... it's most likely going to be just a preference thing.

The only thing I can think of for an actual reason is you will not mess up an L cancel because you'll have hitting the shield button down really hard etched into your muscle memory. Other than that can't think of a legitimate reason to use it, but there are great applications that I've been finding... an example would be powershielding Falco's laser... I've been having an easier time with it.

Just some food for thought I thought I'd bring up. Maybe it'll help someone else's game out, i dunno.

soap

Smash Hero

Just like, try it out for 3/4 playing sessions and you'll see if it helps you or not. I find it useful and I honestly can't come up with a really good reason why... it's most likely going to be just a preference thing.

The only thing I can think of for an actual reason is you will not mess up an L cancel because you'll have hitting the shield button down really hard etched into your muscle memory. Other than that can't think of a legitimate reason to use it, but there are great applications that I've been finding... an example would be powershielding Falco's laser... I've been having an easier time with it.

Just some food for thought I thought I'd bring up. Maybe it'll help someone else's game out, i dunno.
a drawback to this method is that u will miss techs after being hit out of aerials due to that window where u can't tech after a click

not really a problem for sheik

bad for fastfallers

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace

i actually press the outer rim of the shoulder buttons, so its always a hard press ^.^ thats y i started doing

xbombr

Smash Ace
Question:

How do we deal with IC's? Are there any things that can help Sheik sway the match up more toward her favor?

It's tough for me due to the lack of a reliable grab game and spacing aerials is only getting me so far since they have such a fast WD. Their ultra fast dsmash also causes me some problems when it's used a mixup.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Low Nair is pretty good, jump back a lot, Fair a lot, Bair a lot, whenever you can split them do so (can be hard) and **** Nana. ****** Nana should always be prioritized unless Popo is gift-wrapped. Needle from platforms.

If that fails and you don't play other characters, pick Peach and learn (ideally prior to the match) the proper aerial spacing for Fair and just spam that. When their shield looks kind of smallish, get inside them somehow and D-smash. Or keep camping Fair and don't stop for any reason. FC Nairs are also good.

xbombr

Smash Ace
Thanks KK. I noticed Nairs were working alright.

Jumping back and BAir were the biggest things I was doing though because that's all I really knew that they should do. I felt uncomfortable with FAir unless he was above me, but I'll try to work more of it in. I guess my biggest problem is splitting them since I really have no clue how to do it consistently with Sheik... it always feels like massive luck when it happens.

lol I actually tried Peach. I did better with her on my first try than I did with Sheik in most matches.

My Samus does alright against them, but I'm enjoying playing her less and less now that I'm ironing out some of my technical kinks with other characters.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
its so ironic that the things posted here vs jiggs are the things discredited on the new matchup thread
*shakes head*

edit: lol nicaboy speaking of you two years ago... i asked a certain fox player that said he 4 stocked you in 47 seconds. no hate, just cool how much better uve gotten
Lol that rayku. I hear he is gettin solid in melee :). And lol i only played the game for 3 weeks when he did that. Its a good john on my part

I would love to do that. Lambchops is actually my favorite Falco

i saw those him vs m2k vids where m2k is johning and lambchops is trying to teach him LOL. good stuff

Rofl this was funny
Man his smash logic is amazing and he is a pretty chill guy. He makes you watch videos then ***** you:laugh:. H e also sits here and explains in detail what you doing wrong and what to do great guy indeed

sheiks best secondary in pal?

sheiks best secondary in ntsc?
She doesnt need one honestly except for maybe ic's. I second fox and a lil peach( i think i lost her now). I busted out fox once this year and tourney but more cuz i felt like i was gonna win regerdless if i went sheik or not.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Peach's tech skill is rather simple to understand.

For me trapping my opponents is the hardest part with peach.

Her slow movement hinders it sometimes :(.

I think she's pretty easy to learn eh *shrugs*

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I find adjusting to her slow movement and making the most out of it is really hard. Same with her spacing. Her moves are very counter-intuitive sometimes.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Ehh you get used to it if you play her for a while.

Positioning is the most difficult part about playing Peach IMO and thats almost all I'm working on.

Her moves get obvious after a while, you can see all the upsides and downsides of each move in what situations after playing her for a bit. I've started playing her more seriously in the last month or so and I feel like I got most of it down.

Just play her more Dave ^_^

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'd like to seriously second her for Ice Climbers. It's a monster cop out but I dislike the matchup with Sheik and I get almost no practice in it, so I'd rather just cop out.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
xbombr dont get grabbed and befriend nair
at least wobblings banned for the most part now ^.^

nicaboy: yea hes getting there but top5 are all pretty good still. hes thinking about picking sheik vs the space animals (?lol?) instead of his fox
but now i gotta rep sheik here ^.^
its so prime here so many marths and falcons, and soft is the only puff and there arent any icies

xbombr

Smash Ace
kk you said its possible to do a trick to shorten the landing lag of sheiks upb... how? unless its ledge cancels..

edit: dammit i double posted
Doesn't it shorten if you do it high above the stage as opposed to just landing on it at the beginning of special fall?

I love how most of my advice for the Sheik vs. IC's match up is Nair a lot, if that doesn't work, then choose Peach. lol
You guys are great <3

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I love how most of my advice for the Sheik vs. IC's match up is Nair a lot, if that doesn't work, then choose Peach. lol
You guys are great <3
IC's are almost definitely one of the matchups that very few sheik main's know much about, so a lot of advice is hard to give. There are very few good IC's. Plairnkk is probably the exception, I think he has played chu a few times.

but really, choose peach if your sheik fails.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's just poofing onto the lip of the stage and for some reason if you do it right you have reduced lag.

I think everyone knows about it though.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
aspiring sheik main here

what are somethings that falco can do after being back thrown off the edge to not get ***** by sheiks gimping capabilities?

I would like to know so I can be ready for them

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
yea i thought it was edge cancelling, but had to ask u never know

lol falco spotted *rings the alarm*. jk.
aspiring sheik main here

what are somethings that falco can do after being back thrown off the edge to not get ***** by sheiks gimping capabilities?

be fox

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
B-throw run off DJ Nair used to be a standard start strat but then Falcos just DJ Dair spiked and ***** Sheik so now B-throw dash SH Nair offstage, or B-throw Bair are really good to counter that. The counter to that is sweetspotting the edge with DJ but on sloppy sweetspots you can FF on them and **** them with your hitbox (especially with Nair) or you can needle.

Immediate DJ Dair is the biggest thing to be worried about, however. That and their illusion speed. People forget that it's fast and they need to do their moves faster.

Spife

Smash Master
aspiring sheik main here

Yedi get the **** out of here with your ****ing reconosince on the match up.
THis kids a falcock main and he's just fishing.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
aspiring sheik main here

Don't side-b into her nair/dsmash? The best thing is probably to phantasm to a platform. Shine stall recoveries are also pretty safe.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
aspiring sheik main here

The falcos I played either go

Drop down DJ sweet spot
DI away and immediate DJ illusion sweetspot
DJ fire high
Immediate DJ dair
Immediate DJ airdodge
Shine (Slow your fall speed) to double jump airdodge

Theres a few I mighta missed some *shrugs*

earla

Smash Lord
from standing, if a turnip is thrown at you, how do you catch it?

press 'A' or 'Z'?

at high %'s(above 100) what are sheiks best killing options/combos?

at 60-80% generally what is her safest killing combo ?

Top Bottom