• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Kira-

Smash Champion
Lol such epic battals at level 1 already

Twin B uses amputate arm
Twin A uses water sack kick
Twin B retaliates with blood vessel burst
Twin A suffers from red eye mark

Twin B emerges victorious. Gains +7 initiative.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
That's really cool.
Why thank you :D

that's an awesome story. I wish my birth was as epic as that.
I'm sure I could make any story sound amazing without adding any falso facts. Take my bests friends birth for example. It was a C section, so I said he came out mooning the world :p

What's the "womb" people speak of? I've only heard of the stork and the cat at the pub(I don't know if I got this one right to be honest xP)....
Hahahahahaha

Lol such epic battals at level 1 already

Tw1n uses amputate arm
Twin A uses water sack kick
Tw1n retaliates with blood vessel burst
Twin A suffers from red eye mark

Tw1n emerges victorious. Gains +7 initiative.
Edited/fixed.
But it would be more like this:

Tw1n uses ambush. Doctors push Twin A.

Twin A uses push. It connects.

Tw1n uses kick to the eye. It's super effective! Twin A becomes blinded and gets mark under eye.

Twin A tries kick but misses due to stagger.

Tw1n flees.

Twin A wins by default. Twin A receives 340 gold and a level 3 fire ring.

That sounds more accurate. And yes, I don't know why gold and a magic ring would be in the womb, it shall forever be a mystery. And I would have settled with a deck of Bicycle playing cards :p

you two should write a twin birthing matchup
All he did was nair out of sheild though. So I guess that covers the guide doesn't it :p
Although it's a good idea haha

:link:

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol so much love in this thread I may have to start maining Sheik =]

Ya it was an epic birth and all, but I won in the end. I was that first one across the finish line in the death race!

Hi KirbyKaze <3
Hi DJRome <3

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Huh?

What was I supposed to do again?

No seriously, someone answer my post. If you can't I'll be sad as I can't test it :(

Though my guess is up and away but... you never know I guess.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Dair sends up and away with DI and almost straight up without. If they DI into it I think it's also straight up.

edit: Dair edgeguard *****.

edit2: Dair edgeguard ***** HARD.

edit3: Dair --> tipped U-smash edgeguard REAMS *******S

edit4: Haley already knew about dair but <33333 anyway

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
u guys suck so badly

theorytheorytheory

just go get better with sheik

but i <3 u

teczero the fox main

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Dair is so fun to the point where I have an ezpz kill on Fox by punishing his getup attack with dair to dair to platform techchase dair which should've been ended with an ezpz fair but instead I either A.) go for another dair B.) running usmash or C.) run forward, shield because they'll probably aerial, then usmash OoS. Probably one of the reasons why I hardly win matches against my crew mates... I do stuff like this all the time because I always think how cool it'd look if it worked =(

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Huh?

What was I supposed to do again?

No seriously, someone answer my post. If you can't I'll be sad as I can't test it :(

Though my guess is up and away but... you never know I guess.
Dair sends up and away with DI and almost straight up without. If they DI into it I think it's also straight up.
exactly right, as i learned the hard way (i DI'd behind sheik both times in that double dair->usmash combo). you gotta DI the way sheik is facing. IDK how much up/down changes things tho

Dair edgeguards are pretty funny =3

My favorite is still run off nair though.
Moo.

Weak Bair --> Fair
run off nair->fair = :)

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Remember kids, against characters that pressure your shield in a scary way.

LIGHT SHIELD

Also Amsah, I disagree that you need a secondary to fight puff... you just have to play the match a lot differently then other characters. SUPER SLOW AND CAMPY

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
next time you see me XD

going to a tournament this weekend, wish me luck sheik boards, i must crush all the spacies!!!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Tope, you don't need luck with your amazing reaction speeds. <3333

Make sure to record lots of videos so I can study you and praise your amazingness.

Also, about the whole me recording Falco thing... my laptop's charger got unplugged so everything I was recording wasn't able to be saved. :(

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Spawn that's not wishing me luck, that's just giving me a false sense of confidence.

I need a little luck too if I'm going to defeat Jman and Dr Peepee, among others

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Oh, I'm sorry Tope. Let me rephrase this then.

Good luck Tope!

I think between KK's and my posts you'll have all the luck you need now. ;D

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've yet to see any sheik (including myself) play the puff matchup correctly. (I typically just get frustrated and then baited into a bunch of silly stuff) sheik has all the tools she needs to beat puff.

Puff will crouch a lot during this matchup not only for CC > Counterhit opportunities, but also to make it difficult for sheik to land a blow. Sheik can also do the same to buff and just crouch and shield the inevitable bair.

Fortunately if you space sheik's normal running grab in a certain way (you have to grab closer to puff then normal) then you can still pick her up off the ground, be forewarned that you will be ***** if you miss this grab. If you get it, then it's a free dthrow slap, uair or whatever depending on percent.

Most puffs will try to bair camp you, but don't fall for it. Just run away and throw needles till puff gets annoyed and then try retreating bairs yourself, as she doesn't really have an answer to this.

Remember no dsmashing!!!!

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Also Amsah, I disagree that you need a secondary to fight puff... you just have to play the match a lot differently then other characters. SUPER SLOW AND CAMPY
It's not impossible of course. Sheik is a good enough character to be able to deal with anything really. I'm just saying it's easier to just pick up Fox and learn the match up than to stay Sheik..lol

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea dtilt is maaaaaaad good for spacing, but nothing makes me angrier then having jiggs at too high of a percent to combo after it. lots of slaps too, good for spacing but don't get too aggressive with it cause she'll fair/bair you and you'll be off the stage, and then you're really ****ed.

all her tilts can combo into whatever at low percents, just like with any character.

nair is good if she's in the air and close to you, but be careful about just throwing it out there because you will get *****

uair is good for killing if you can land that as well :)

Edit: A lot of people prefer fox to sheik when fighting jiggs, and he certainly does have better killing options and mobility as well as a better projectile imo. He also gets combo ed a lot easier than sheik so you have to play a bit more careful imo since jiggs is sure to play the campiest

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Personally, I think we should look into the real Jiggs counter - Yoshi. Everyone stop maining Sheik now! Jay kay, but I do find that if you can mindgame the Jiggs constantly into thinking you'll grab/dash attack and then punishing, the matchup isn't THAT hard(still a pain) Also when they get a hard on for wall of bair/fair, usmash OoS is so nice to know =3 If you have some distance between them, you shield either be charging or unloading those needles...they can make a difference in this matchup if you're using them right!

All of this is just personal experience, so it could be wrong to an extent ^_^;;

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i competely disagree, i feel like being in your shield at all is a step in the wrong direction in the matchup

Kira-

Smash Champion
It's not impossible of course. Sheik is a good enough character to be able to deal with anything really. I'm just saying it's easier to just pick up Fox and learn the match up than to stay Sheik..lol
i agree fox is so easy against puff lol

nicaboy

Smash Champion
NO!!!! Tope no whats up man puff sheik is even!!! Or in sheiks favor imo. Im entilted to it since amsah thinks sheik beats falco lol.

Top Bottom