• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
On a completely seperate note two things...
------->Can you nair oos when a Fox nair shines you? ...if so you do it after the shine, right?

------>Is there a certain length away from the edge where you can't regrab the ledge when being shined by Fox?
On his early aerials (sans Uair, though idk why someone would try that as shield pressure) Nair OoS after Shine won't work. If he's WDing towards you or doing late aerials it can work.

Not sure. I think so. But I think it's kind of close to the edge. I'm sure SDI and other crap could probably keep you capable of grabbing the edge for a while though.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Alright thanks.

I'm pretty good at being able to shieldgrab Fox/Falco when they do an early aerial. It's just when they do it late is when I have troubles T_T

Maybe like sdi the shine in so you don't go as far?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
There was a tourney here. I played melee again, got 5th all sheik. When the vids are uploaded, I want you ppl to critique them if u dont mind.

PS- Ur eyes might hurt a little when u see the vids lol.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
are there are tricks to the sheik ditto chain grab? i feel like if you DI away and down, it's kinda hard to get those grabs. do you have to JC grab it?

after seeing drephen demolish two solid sheiks at SMYM with the CG's, i was pretty scared.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Dash grab from like 0-8 or something is completely necessary, JC grab won't hit.

After 9 or so, JC grab is usable.

I just dash grab the whole way though.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
yeah, the JC grab is hard to get. i'll have to practice the dash grab timing. the CG is a lil harder than i expected it to be, but just as gay as i always knew

earla

Smash Lord
MELEE PAL

1. what are good applications for sheik CC?

2. are their any matchups sheik would need a secondary for?

3. what are good applications for wavedash? (i'm told wave dashing isn't as useful for sheik
as other characters)

4. what are sheiks best stages?

5. if you have all your needles charged is it generally best to full hop needle storm - grab?

6. how do you handle falcos short hop double laser and nair approaches?

7. how do you DI fox's upair?

8. what are the characteristics of a pro sheik player?

thank you.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
MELEE PAL

1. what are good applications for sheik CC?
Anything that gets you a clean hit afterwards..=D
A horrible question, it depends on the character, stage, attack etc etc

2. are their any matchups sheik would need a secondary for?
Puff...lol
And Peach, but I don't want to get into that argument again

3. what are good applications for wavedash? (i'm told wave dashing isn't as useful for sheik
as other characters)
Watch vids

4. what are sheiks best stages?
What ever your opponents worst stage is.

5. if you have all your needles charged is it generally best to full hop needle storm - grab?
It's generally best to hit your opponent with them. ;o
What you're saying is highly situational. Decide what to do with them on a case-by-case basis.

6. how do you handle falcos short hop double laser and nair approaches?
(Power)shielding & Nairs/wavedashing out of shield. (or simply taking the laser and Ftilting before he can nair lol)

7. how do you DI fox's upair?
Away from Fox..lol

8. what are the characteristics of a pro sheik player?
Winning and making it look easy..:embarrass

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
What should I be doing with both of my sticks when a Fox is waveshining me? From what I was told, holding towards the waveshining Fox and then repeatedly going from one diagonal to another on the control stick helps DI, but I'm wondering if hitting towards the Fox just really fast with the C-stick helps as well? Or should I be doing this away from Fox? I'm just basically using knowledge from when I played as Falcon, and he'd end up behind the Fox usually after doing this, but with Sheik I kind of seem to just...get waveshined still with the occasional escape.

Oh yeah, and Sheik to Zelda combos are rapeeeee. On Battlefield, Fox is at like 10/20% ish, I usmash, dash and jump behind him while he's in midair, double jump back in front of him, but silly Fox baired so he = mindgame'd =P, I uair him, he lands on platform, rolls away from me(towards the edge of the stage rather than center), meanwhile I've landed, jumped knowing he would roll away, double jumped, daired, faired, then while I'm coming down from the fair, I transform into Zelda and I'm still in the air barely, I pop out a nair while the Fox misses a sweetspot sideB and gets hit by the nair. I proceeded to Fsmash instead of Dsmash, which ruined the combo but omg did most of it feel so...amazing xD If only it had been recorded ;_;

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Since everyone ignored me I'll try again. How to you change from sheik to zelda really fast , I've seen m2k during a friendly and I'm wondering how it works.

soap

Smash Hero
Since everyone ignored me I'll try again. How to you change from sheik to zelda really fast , I've seen m2k during a friendly and I'm wondering how it works.
That was a glitched match. They were using AR or something.
kk is a noob don't listen to him.

u just have to spam b really fast when pressing down b. similar to luigi's rising tornado.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
What should I be doing with both of my sticks when a Fox is waveshining me?

Oh yeah, and Sheik to Zelda combos are rapeeeee.;
1) i think your sposed to try to slam the greystick behind him after each shine (smash di)

2) when i was scrubbier i used to fight peach as sheik to damage then go zelda to kill... i forget what combo it was but sheik could do some hit that would combo into zeldas fair if they reacted poorly.... maybe a dmsmash that they are jumping out of?? i forget. it was pretty tho

earla

Smash Lord
how do you handle marths fairs, dtilt spaced perfectly?

also, what are tips on avoiding and punishing marths f-smash?

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
Don't get caught in his tipper range, its not toooo hard to avoid though. wavedashing seems to discourage fairs (i honestly dont see many fairs from marths) and i dunno about dtilt? needles?
against fsmash happy marths i like running in baiting the fsmash wavedashing back as it comes out, then i grab that ******* and do terrible things. sometimes i dash attack if hes near an edge

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol marths love the fairs. . . wd back and run away. and if he fsmashes, shield and wd into grab. but don't shield too often or too early or he'll learn and **** u

earla

Smash Lord
ok, so i predict a f-smash.

wave dash out of shield > jab - grab at low percents?

in melee pal, generally should i look for a grab at low percent?

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
ok, so i predict a f-smash.

wave dash out of shield > jab - grab at low percents?

in melee pal, generally should i look for a grab at low percent?
If you predict an f-smash, spotdodge or shield, you wavedash after it hits your shield but i guess you realize that. You can grab during your wavedash without the jab. Grabs are good at low percent, in PAL you can chaingrab marth if they have really bad DI, and else you can see what they do after downthrow (jump or fair are the most common options, or shield/roll/di more). Since marth doesn't have extremely fast attacks to use after CC, grabs are not as important as against other characters, but it's always a good choice.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

If they're retreating Fair just hang back and wait for his lag. If they're approaching or stationary Fair, try to hit them before their move comes out. SH Fair, Nair, and F-tilt are all effective against this. Against approaching Fair it can also be worthwhile to dash into shield or crouch and then do stuff.

D-tilt spaced perfectly is vaguely difficult to deal with, so just contrive to make them not space perfectly. Dashing into shield is very effective against it. Alternatively, you can SH needles/aerials over it and then go to work, though this can be difficult to do because of the D-tilt's distinct lack of lag.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
through needles at marth. like all day long. they probably will stop trying to crouch and get dtilts a little bit more once they take 18%

on that note
sheiks projectile is like the greatest thing ever, i think falcos is better but he can't wreck low recoveries with his laser ^.^ (f$@! you samus)

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
lulz
kk is my favorite poster

so i got the chance to try the various baiting techniques you guys recommended but i have a few questions
1) how do i bait falco? he just shoots me
2) needle baiting gets ends up making me get hit do you have any recommendations?
3) i still hate falco more than fox... i need to learn to powershield

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
You can't really bait falco i think, you have to play totally different against him than against other chars, avoid and shield and (best of all) powershield his lasers and look for chances to grab, if you can't grab him try aerials with low lag, and if you get a hit in keep pressuring him so they don't get a chance to start lasering again. Getting him in a corner is also good. You should try to get him offstage instead of trying to add damage; once he's offstage he shouldn't really come back unless you miss anything

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Which one of you is older?
Short version: he is older by 7 minutes.

long/(john) version: I was meant to be born first but my arm was positioned in a way that I would lose my right arm, so the doctors started pushing on the womb to get me to move. On the ultrasound they said they saw my brother push me too. So I pushed back. He then kicked me under the left eye (I had a red mark from a broken blood vessel till I was older under my eye). I kicked through the water sack in retaliation. So to save my ankle they had to pull david/tw1n out to save my foot. So he's only older because he ran away :p

yes we've been fighting since the womb. get at us :D

:link:

Top Bottom