• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i kill spacies with tipper usmash at least 3-4 times a set average
I don't KO with it as much as I used to. I use it mainly for combos. But I should probably start using it again for KOing, it's so **** strong...

I like it against Marth when they think they're clever for not DIing my throw after 70.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
yeah obviously its good vs marth when they DI behind at high %

AUTOKILLLL
I'm not so sure if it's timing or what, but I feel that (at least from jump out early CG range) as long as marth DI's behind and jumps while DIing away from Sheik he avoids the upsmash. At least I've escaped it that way, where DIing behind but double jumping straight up or towards Sheik always lets the upsmash connect.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I'm not so sure if it's timing or what, but I feel that (at least from jump out early CG range) as long as marth DI's behind and jumps while DIing away from Sheik he avoids the upsmash. At least I've escaped it that way, where DIing behind but double jumping straight up or towards Sheik always lets the upsmash connect.
u have to dash back very slightly and usmash, its guaranteed at around 75-95 i think

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
z0mg I have an actual question..

Can Sheik grab a crouching Jiggs? I know you go over her with a standing/JC grab, but how about a running/boost grab? Does that miss too..? :embarrass (if it does Jiggs should be banned =D)

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You sure? If I end up getting rested for missing a grab it's gonna be your fault..:embarrass
If you put it that way, I'll reword myself. Actually, I just tested it out, and it seems it's possible to grab Jiggs after she's been crouching for a set amount of time (with a dash grab). On the other hand, it's pretty hard to time. I don't even know if it's a timing. It might be random whether or not you get the grab.

In any case, if Jiggs ducks your dash grab on reaction, I don't think it's possible to grab her. My testing methods, though, are pretty unreliable.

I think KirbyKaze should know the answer to this question, at any rate.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
If you put it that way, I'll reword myself. Actually, I just tested it out, and it seems it's possible to grab Jiggs after she's been crouching for a set amount of time (with a dash grab). On the other hand, it's pretty hard to time. I don't even know if it's a timing. It might be random whether or not you get the grab.

In any case, if Jiggs ducks your dash grab on reaction, I don't think it's possible to grab her. My testing methods, though, are pretty unreliable.

I think KirbyKaze should know the answer to this question, at any rate.
Jiggs will do a little dance while she is crouching. she will turn and look around or something. this makes her vulnerable for a dash grab. even marth can do this i think.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Jiggs will do a little dance while she is crouching. she will turn and look around or something. this makes her vulnerable for a dash grab. even marth can do this i think.
That was my theory, but I wasn't sure.

Now the question is, why does Sheik's dash grab often still miss even when Jiggs is in that extended crouching animation?

Spife

Smash Master
speaking of jiggs, what's the best way to punish a missed rest? I have been full charge upsmashing that mother ****er for a while but recently started needle > grab > dthrow > something.

I'm sure this has been asked a million billion times though so I'm sorry -.-

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i thought at higher percents they can DI away from the uair.

maybe that was peach

i dunno.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if they DI forward they get slapped, if they DI any other way they get uaired.

works on anyone who floats more than CF lol

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
if theyre peach or puff though they'd rather take the fair situationally.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Of course.

I don't imagine the needle-grab-fair/uair to be that much more damage than simple fully charged upsmash. But, it is more and that combo isn't exactly a hard one. Your choice.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i thought we were talking about kill combos....

yea, usually they choose to DI forward and get slapped, because you can live about 20% (damage XD) longer that way.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
wtf why do people not know how to do this?

Jump.

Tap backwards.

Hold B.

Light shield.

Bam.

Ledge stall is just... Vanish and then aim back towards the ledge. Kid stuff.

DJRome

Smash Hero
Is it possible to beat cf without tope chasing with grabs? i also tried to needle camp, but i got dash dance camped when i tried to throw and the combo ability of cf destroyed me. :( How should i play this knowing my tope chasing is not improving. . .

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sure, why not? But you're giving up an easy way to rack up easy, reliable damage. It only can benefit you to learn how to use it.

The basic strategy doesn't really change though. Needle for damage, grab for setups. Ftilt their aerial approaches.. you know ... the general stuff.

Top Bottom