• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Cia

das kwl
It's the getting hit part that's such a problem for me. After one ****ing grab, i take 50% if not death. I need to find ways to kill his approach aside from Ftilt. They always seem to find a way around it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
true, well sometimes theres nothing u can do about that except give them less opportunities to grab you. also be tricky with ur recovery.

watch me vs hax vids from shell shocked or something, theres a lot i always forget to explain T.T

Incronaut

Smash Ace
so umm... how about other sheiks at top level? are they reactive when they tech chase?

and are sheiks underplayed in the US? (i think europe has more sheiks dominating the region even tho she's nerfed, so yeah..)

DJRome

Smash Hero
i think it's large stages like dl64, dk64, fd, etc where i have a problem getting the grab. they dd camp when i try to needle, and without a grab, i can't do anything. they just jump to avoid needles or take the damage. then as i try to camp them, they come in for a grab or aerial into grab. sheik has no horizontal movement in the air so it's really hard to avoid the aerials fast enough.

example, i lost to 2 falcons this week in tourney. even with efficient tope chasing, i could not get away from their combos. on small stages, i die easily but at least i can get the grabs.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Going to the falco boards would be a good tactic.

ok sorry i'll help you

first of all don't laser, as sheik can duck and wavedash under it, also when she dsmashes you, predict it with CC into a shine.

When you're recovering it's always best to drop low and try to come up and sweetspot.

first and foremost, di the ftilt IN, as sheiks will predict the di away and jump and miss it :)

Stratford

Smash Champion
Jungle I thought we already tried **** like that in Revolution. I forget how that worked out for us. Went well I think?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
It worked well i think

oh i remember, don't dair, she can cc it into a grab.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
alright thx. "di the ftilt IN, as sheiks will predict the di away and jump and miss it", but why would i ftilt

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol, just dair past sheik falco should laser from far away, up close, falcos can grab very easily force sheik into shield and **** her up. as long as you get the combos from shine, you can simply focus on getting grabs/shine and the auto combo comes to you.

DJRome

Smash Hero
yeah, okay lol either you take the shine pillar combo or di away and get edgeguarded don get shined basically

Cia

das kwl
Going to the falco boards would be a good tactic.

ok sorry i'll help you

first of all don't laser, as sheik can duck and wavedash under it, also when she dsmashes you, predict it with CC into a shine.

When you're recovering it's always best to drop low and try to come up and sweetspot.

first and foremost, di the ftilt IN, as sheiks will predict the di away and jump and miss it :)
I love when spacies do that against me. I just keep Ftilting them. my record is 6. :laugh:

Plairnkk - I've seen that set. really entertaining.. but I can't really tell the difference bet. what I'm doing, and what you're doing. I just know that I get grabbed, and die -_-

I'm probably going to try extreme camping. like.. never ever approaching. I went over to the falcon boards and all i saw was a thousand variations of ways to ***** about how bad falcon is. the latest being "Pikachu counters CF"

D:

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yeah **** that board Vanz

Just make CF come to you.

The people that come to this board sometimes...it amazes me.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol so true. cf's john about every character but it's known that a good falcon can **** up any char in the game including all the top tiers

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
CF is easysauce.

This is a 100% totally serious post.

Just like all my other ones.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
It's the getting hit part that's such a problem for me. After one ****ing grab, i take 50% if not death. I need to find ways to kill his approach aside from Ftilt. They always seem to find a way around it.
Hey Im sure you know a shiitton more than i do about this BUT I find that just needling them a lot (when theyre dash dancing like a stupid...uh dashdancer) does the trick and then Nair when they get close. and nair to break aerials as well. I play against a reallllly good falcon about everyday. i know how it goes. one grab and its OVERRRRRRRRR..... well not really but almost.

Cia

das kwl
Hey Im sure you know a shiitton more than i do about this BUT I find that just needling them a lot (when theyre dash dancing like a stupid...uh dashdancer) does the trick and then Nair when they get close. and nair to break aerials as well. I play against a reallllly good falcon about everyday. i know how it goes. one grab and its OVERRRRRRRRR..... well not really but almost.

this makes soo much sense. But i never think to this because i always panic shield/sidestep against CF. Thanks alot tho. I'm going to try and work on that.

:)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
nair trades with almost eVERYTHING i think other than dair. sidestep vs cf aerials are kinda :/

vanz i think storing the needles might be good enough anyway.

whats a nairathon.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
it really isn't what you just said. I was expounding on the nair idea, which is good. While I think storing needles is good enough to bait CF to at least jump off the ground and ontl platforms forcing him to move, that you dont have to throw them because CF covers so much space that you can get punished if you miss and utilize platforms.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
No

you definitely should 1)always approach falcon and 2) always nair and fair.

it works they get confused.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
No

you definitely should 1)always approach falcon and 2) always nair and fair.

it works they get confused.
fair can get beat too easily in my opinion. the knee will go thru it. Nair is better.

And i throw needles all the time and dont get punished. just short hop and cancel them and jump again if he gets too close. then he has run past you so you can bair him or something. needle cancelling against falcons is ****.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im the best sheik main against falcon by far

wise words from hax "oh **** ur out of the tourney already? yes! i might win this one"

then he won the tourney

ROFL

DJRome

Smash Hero
how to beat falcons. . . lol

srs q tho. when grabbed by cf, what are the options from his fthrow, uthrow, and dthrow at various percents? i seem to get chain throw a few times. is that guaranteed or should i nair out of it/spot dodge/jump out?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
he can only cg u at low % DI depending. i pretty much just always DI away from everything falcon does

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
^^^best advice ever

DI'ing any other way 90% of the time gets you ****ed really badly.

Top Bottom