• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I ALWAYS tech chase with downsmash. its so effective.

QUESTION!

Im having trouble killing Marth. I know that Uair will do the trick buuuut im having trouble setting him up. Most times I fair him and he DIs like a byotch and then its back to the old edgeguard bs against a marth that no one likes to do ever. so what im asking is how do i set up a quick combo into a Uair kill so i dont **** myself up edgeguarding?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
well yeah i think so. i always found it hard to set up for the upair, and it kills at like...pretty high percents. Dunno I peresonally still like fair and just have to edge guard. light shield edgehog.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
It kills at 110 i believe or somewhere around there. I needle a lot before my combos so i usually start one when the marth is already at 30ish. then i throw in tilts and nairs and fairs and dairs(when im feeling it lol) and usually i have them up to 100 at least. i guess i could grab uthrow. do you know of any other way to set one up?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
grab dthrow? kinda puts him in the right spot if he doesnt DI forward (if he does he gets slapped and dies)

wait.... why am i helping you guys?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Because you love us!

<3 Sveet

you better be at Lolis.

Right most of them will take the fair, and hope you blow your edgeguard.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
iiiiiiiiight i guess i can help sheik mains cause thats your character.

I hate *****es who cop out of their main to use sheik in a **** match-up and want advice.

Spife

Smash Master
I hate *****es who cop out of their main to use sheik in a **** match-up and want advice.
You rang?
Although in my defense I use to main Link soooooo almost any character up in the tier list could replace sheik in that situation :laugh: at least any high tier.

Man, I should just main falcon but cp sheik for falcon "dittos". :bee:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
**** you pichu mains who can't handle playing evenly with my marth and have to switch to a top tier character.

:laugh:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
are u kidding me? edgeguarding marth is not dangerous at all, and is SO easy with sheik XD

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
are u kidding me? edgeguarding marth is not dangerous at all, and is SO easy with sheik XD
Lies. Agianst someone who has good DI and thinks smart its the hardest edgeguard in the game. I hope you were just kidding.
Honestly... He probably wasn't joking.

I play both and I think edgeguarding them both are easy :laugh:.

There are tons of ways to edgeguard Marth. Keep in mind that Marth's recovery is extremely vertical too. In other words, its extremely predictable the only variable would be when is he gonna press up-b. Also keep in mind that Sheik's off stage and drop off the edge game is like one of the best in the game >_<

EDIT: Stay on the sheik boards more, you'll soon find out its easy too ;)

**** you pichu mains who can't handle playing evenly with my marth and have to switch to a top tier character.

<3333333

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah, between ground needles, SH needles, light shield edgeguard, go out and bair, and invincibility refreshing+nair/bair ur options are almost unlimited. I havent played a single marth who can avoid my edgeguarding including azen, whos notoriously smart as ****

Incronaut

Smash Ace
when sheiks tech chase, it's mostly reactive right?

and are sheiks in the US underplayed? (alluding to the fact europe has tons of sheik players and she is nerfed there... i think)

earla

Smash Lord
i keep getting shield grabbed after i short hop fair - l cancel - jab. after the l-cancel.
am i timing this incorrectly?

is fair - l-cancel the only aerial - l cancel that you can't get shield grabbed if u immediately jab after it?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Hey KirbyKaze, I lost to Falcon AGAIN. twice in one tournament.

:cry:
Falcon is such a random character.

those are options. and they can go wrong too. I just wanted to know what a good set up was for a uair
Why didn't you just ask for that then? At any rate, assuming you're NTSC, D-throw Dash Attack Uair is pretty consistent for me. If they DI away on the throw you just Dash Attack and follow. Sometimes you don't get a follow but Marth is dumb sometimes so oh well.

If they don't DI away when you D-throw you can throw the moon at them and it will work.

D-tilt should usually combo to Uair if they don't CC it.

when sheiks tech chase, it's mostly reactive right?
I don't know. I hope so. But some people assert that you can't react to anything after D-throw and therefore you must guess so who knows?

i keep getting shield grabbed after i short hop fair - l cancel - jab. after the l-cancel.
am i timing this incorrectly?

is fair - l-cancel the only aerial - l cancel that you can't get shield grabbed if u immediately jab after it?
You're doing it wrong. Jab should come out before their shield grab.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
just use sheik vs hax everytime and practice dthrow tech chasing, sheik ***** falcon to the point u shouldnt lose. dthrow tech chase with grabs and regrabs til 40-50 then dash attack or tilts if they tech in place or more regrabs.

always ban FD vs falcon, you need the platforms. when you tech chase dash attack waveland onto the platform if they pop up to where they will tech and either grab-->dthrow-->dropzone slap if they DI away and fall off or if they DI behind you chaingrab them til they have to fall off the platform and then fall and slap, wait for the tech, continue to attack him.

literally the ENTIRE sheik vs falcon matchup is waiting for techs or reacting to their techs and containing falcon. once he hits you, you're ****ed, so dont get hit. if you can take his control and speed away, why not do it?

the trick is to manage to do this while maintaining efficiency and style, or else you will just look like tope

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
just use sheik vs hax everytime and practice dthrow tech chasing, sheik ***** falcon to the point u shouldnt lose. dthrow tech chase with grabs and regrabs til 40-50 then dash attack or tilts if they tech in place or more regrabs.

always ban FD vs falcon, you need the platforms. when you tech chase dash attack waveland onto the platform if they pop up to where they will tech and either grab-->dthrow-->dropzone slap if they DI away and fall off or if they DI behind you chaingrab them til they have to fall off the platform and then fall and slap, wait for the tech, continue to attack him.

literally the ENTIRE sheik vs falcon matchup is waiting for techs or reacting to their techs and containing falcon. once he hits you, you're ****ed, so dont get hit. if you can take his control and speed away, why not do it?

the trick is to manage to do this while maintaining efficiency and style, or else you will just look like tope
At first I thought it was going to be a "How to beat Hax" thing. Later it kinda just diverged to "How to beat Falcon" thing. :laugh:

I agree with you though mainly cuz you're smart <3.

Though I'd like to add that a lot of falcons jump the gun with their tech chases. Quite a few times I caught Scar/Hax trying to do a dair in place thinking I was going to tech toward them. Or SH dair to cover my opposite side. Sometimes playing dead and using the invincibility frames from the get up is a good idea because it helps you to run away.

*shrugs* just a tidbit I kinda caught :lick:

Top Bottom