• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
naw, reno must have saw that hazz was going to land on the stage. so he jumped that way to get as much room for the bair. but by doing so, he didn't get up very high

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
???

He could reach a fairly good distance into the stage by simply ledgehopping onto the stage. He could also have had fairly good height.

I think Reno fastfalled off the stage because it would be able to cover the option of going straight for the edge and he is just too used to doing that.

He simply reacted too quickly and still decided to carry out the bair. By doing the bair so low in the air he didn't give the bair a chance to fully throw out its hitbox. He did it REALLY low.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
kk, i'm sure there are recorded vids of you messing that bair edgeguard too. personal shots are whatever, but no player is perfect. i've messed up plenty of those.
My videos are horrible and I don't care if I've messed them up. My poor execution in videos has nothing to do with whether or not the Bair was the right play, it simply means I failed myself.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I like how you ask a question then discount pretty much every authority opinion that answers it.

I think the bair would've hit. I don't think it's the best option, but if done properly, it could definitely connect.

R3N0

Smash Lord
I probably reacted too fast to hazz coming in from the up B. I caught the bair too late. I tried to do a fake out on the ledge but he went at a superb angle and the bair was already out =/~~

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
whats the point of asking a question then telling plenty of smashers with more experience / better results than you that they're all wrong...
"Devil Ray" is Ray Chun. He made a new account over the summer sometime. Hes a pretty good sheik, and has been in the community for a while. Obviously he hasn't placed like Tec0 or anything, but i remember he got like 17th at SMYM9 or something.

HazZarD

Smash Journeyman
I probably reacted too fast to hazz coming in from the up B. I caught the bair too late. I tried to do a fake out on the ledge but he went at a superb angle and the bair was already out =/~~

Reno wasn't nearly as good back then as he is now.

Evidence: (It's his Fox though....)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZkyk8WOSA0

Shout out to Shiek mains!!

GOD!

Smash Ace
if you're sheik and you down throw a fox and they are going to land in front of you, can you wavedash forward so you're touching them and if they tech in place, c-stick up immediately? will they be able to shield the u-smash or spotdogde?

don't have my gc with me so I can't try it out right now.

GOD!

Smash Ace
so if they miss the tech, jab reset.
Tech in place, usmash.
tech forward, regrab, tech backward, dash attack?

GOD!

Smash Ace
are you sure they can't buffer a spot dodge on one of the rolls?
If you could regrab every time, then why do sheiks lose so many games to fox? all you have to do is react, there's no prediction going on.

and a grab isn't hard to get, even against a good fox tbh.. at least for good sheiks.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
tech in place is 20 frames. usmash hits on frame 12. that means you have to react to the tech in place in under 8 frames or they can shield.

normal human reaction time is between .15-.2 seconds, and 8/60 is .1333.... so, you probably won't be able to do it.

GOD!

Smash Ace
how many frames is first hit of dsmash?

And no one answered, why do sheiks lose the fox matchup? Is tech chasing a fox really that hard? I'm honestly wondering.

GOD!

Smash Ace
It's supposedly a disadvantage.

And if we have a dthrow tech chase and auto combos from dtilt, ftilit, and dash attack, then why isn't it 70-30 sheik?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
The combos aren't that easy =P Fox does Sheik in pretty easily, I think. Sheik can do her own thing, Fox just does it a little better.

It's a disadvantage, but it's not unwinnable by any stretch of the word.

soap

Smash Hero
for the usmash, i always just guess. most people tech in place the first time if u throw them real quick. after u hit them with an usmash, they will prolly roll the next time.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
how many frames is first hit of dsmash?

And no one answered, why do sheiks lose the fox matchup? Is tech chasing a fox really that hard? I'm honestly wondering.
Fox is just a better character. They have the same goals. Fox is better at it. Largely because of better movement and the Shine.

Fox is better at not being hit than Sheik is, too.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
A little late, but I just read the Devil Ray - KirbyWind debate...

i'm telling you, there is no way a bair is hitting that mofo. even if it magically did, he could have been sent upwards and away.
LOL @ Ray, you're so wrong it's not even funny..

Weak Bair to Fair/sweetspot Bair would've killed him..
Sweet spot bair would've killed him

Other things that would've worked are:

- Invert Fair
- Ledge hop Needle turn around fair
- Getup Fair
- Get up Dsmash
- Get up Ftilt to Fair/needle (depending on his DI)
- Get up Utilt to Fair/Nair/Uair
- Ledge hop Nair
- Ledge hop Dair to Fair/Uair
- Getup to dash attack to fair
- Invert ledgeattack (or whatever it's called) to Bair/Fair/Nair/Dsmash :laugh:

Almost anything would've worked really, granted that he timed it right..which he didn't..:embarrass

Top Bottom