• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Tero.

Smash Champion
Sheik is the best character in Melee.
Well maybe tied with Fox.

Cia

das kwl
No in the Melee discussion tier list thread. Someone's saying that we're worse than Peach because of Armada.
oh god.. those are the kind of people that make me truly appreciate my ignore list. and the reasons why i typically stay away from the Melee GD board altogether.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I really don't understand why we need to keep updating the tier list. I think it's fine the way it is and I think the utility is, quite honestly, limited.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i'd agree with that. id have to put jiggs just barely under them. . . quite honestly, she's only that high bc of her **** matchups with sheik and spacies though

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think its funny when people say "the tier list is fine, keep it as it is"

the game evolves and things change. open up ur mind and realize that. it's like when people still think sheik is in the running for best character. the game has evolved to the point that it isnt even close. when 3 of the best, most player chars, kinda **** sheik cuz of technical advances and the advancement of the metagame and then you throw in ice climbers to the mix, it's slightly upsetting that my character gets ***** so badly :p

thats why i picked up marth for spacies and IC, just gotta work on him a bit more.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
i think its funny when people say "the tier list is fine, keep it as it is"

the game evolves and things change. open up ur mind and realize that. it's like when people still think sheik is in the running for best character. the game has evolved to the point that it isnt even close. when 3 of the best, most player chars, kinda **** sheik cuz of technical advances and the advancement of the metagame and then you throw in ice climbers to the mix, it's slightly upsetting that my character gets ***** so badly :p

thats why i picked up marth for spacies and IC, just gotta work on him a bit more.
Uhhh.... why so little faith in sheik? M2k is quite adamant that sheik is the best. And spacies can be beaten. I see sheik and fox and falco and marth as pretty much equals. thats based on tournament and pro play.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
nah, thats just blatantly wrong. m2k thinks whatever character he loses to at the time is the best, he has no ability to see past his bias in melee or in brawl despite being a top player. sheik simply doesnt have the weapons or the guaranteed combos that spacies have.

m2k always talks his sheik up then come time for important bracket matches, he plays marth or fox

of course spacies -can be- beaten, but its a very very uphill battle opposed to the fight with other characters.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
His sheik 4 stocked darkrain. And I think that all that fighting spacies is = getting them off the stage. which can be as simple as a bthrow off the edge. and we know that you dont have to do much work edgeguarding them.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah but sheik ***** falcon, thats well known. thats not what is at debate. he doesnt use sheik vs any good fox/falco players anymore, ever really. not in important matches at least cuz he knows its stupid.

yes "just bthrow off the ledge". it is surely that easy.

not really though. heres the problem, fox and falco edgeguard sheik JUST AS WELL as sheik edgeguards them, it's just in a different way. on top of that, fox and falco win the on-stage fight, giving them the blatant advantage in the matchup. people who think sheik is the best or even with the best need to get out of 2002-2006. its 2009 almost 2010. :(

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
That really depends on the stage tho. On FD,dk64 i give it to falco the majority of the time, anywhere else i see sheik winning. and i honestly like fighting foxes better than falcos too. Theyre so heavy and easy to combo

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
That really depends on the stage tho. On FD,dk64 i give it to falco the majority of the time, anywhere else i see sheik winning. and i honestly like fighting foxes better than falcos too. Theyre so heavy and easy to combo
:confused::confused:

Lordy, you can't really understand the metagame at the top level of play if you are just getting started playing the game. The perspective of any average is not relevant to character matchups or metagame or tier lists. Sheik and Marth **** at low levels due to their easy playstyles and lack of technicality. You can't possibly understand how fast a good fox is, or how well a good Falco holds down the game and combo's you without previously playing one. I have said this already, but you continue to make posts that are very wrong. I am not sure if people are going to keep responding to you when you are so obviously not on the same level as everyone else.

Foxes and Falco's get combo'd almost exactly the same. Especially as sheik.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
This whole page is correcting you Lordy. That says something. If you continue to be unaware that the board doesn't hold the same opinions as you, you will become the next VBM troll and won't be acknowledged any longer.

Fox vs Jiggs isn't 50/50, your opinion of it is irrelevant.

Do you have any sheik questions?

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
:confused::confused:

Lordy, you can't really understand the metagame at the top level of play if you are just getting started playing the game. The perspective of any average is not relevant to character matchups or metagame or tier lists. Sheik and Marth **** at low levels due to their easy playstyles and lack of technicality. You can't possibly understand how fast a good fox is, or how well a good Falco holds down the game and combo's you without previously playing one. I have said this already, but you continue to make posts that are very wrong. I am not sure if people are going to keep responding to you when you are so obviously not on the same level as everyone else.

Foxes and Falco's get combo'd almost exactly the same. Especially as sheik.
Ive been playing for quite a while actually and against good people. Look up Siegfried and Leviathen, thats who i play. they have vids on youtube against each other. i wasnt there for them or i wouldve been in on some. Leviathen posts his vids in the falcon thread. Sieg has an excellent falco and a pretty good fox. I do quite well against them with my sheik. im by no means a noob.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
This whole page is correcting you Lordy. That says something. If you continue to be unaware that the board doesn't hold the same opinions as you, you will become the next VBM troll and won't be acknowledged any longer.

Fox vs Jiggs isn't 50/50, your opinion of it is irrelevant.

Do you have any sheik questions?
All sheiks have different styles. maybe im just good against spacies. maybe im not playing good ones (although i am). its just my opinion. im not saying anyone is wrong, im just saying how i see it. Jiggs can downb fox easily and fox can uair jiggs easily. thats just what i see in lots of matches.
Sorry to double post

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Nah my friend isai's DK is the 7th best in the world at 64.

Lordydennek, just accept that you're not a high level player (its ok, we all started there) and listen to what other people are saying. You don't gotta be throwing your opinion around like that.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Nah my friend isai's DK is the 7th best in the world at 64.

Lordydennek, just accept that you're not a high level player (its ok, we all started there) and listen to what other people are saying. You don't gotta be throwing your opinion around like that.
Leviathen has beat isai's puff. and several of his characters. not his link or cfalcon tho. i know im not a top player, but i watch tons of matches im just saying what i see.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
And you're over generalizing or not paying attnetion to what you see. And we aren't talkign about SSB64 here, if you haven't realized, so your claim is pointless.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
And you're over generalizing or not paying attnetion to what you see. And we aren't talkign about SSB64 here, if you haven't realized, so your claim is pointless.
No its not, he was talking about name dropping. i mean its not my fault that im in the ****ing middle of MO where no one plays.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
lol why name drop people no ones heard of? How can you even know the average competition if you only play with certain people? Trust me, vids dont tell all.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Well those are the only names i can drop. Leviathan is the 7th best in the world at 64 smash.
I've beaten Lain in tourny, who beat m2k in brawl before. And I think I could ally also! (ally if you happen to namesearch and find this I will MM you in melee ha)

But I'm still a huge noob and no where near the level of any of the top players or even any of the top 50 or maybe 100 at genesis. Because I am not as good, I see that what I am experiencing in my gameplay with other people of the same level may be a dumbed down reflection of the top level of play. I see that it may also not represent what goes on at the top level of play at all.

All sheiks have different styles. maybe im just good against spacies. maybe im not playing good ones (although i am). its just my opinion. im not saying anyone is wrong, im just saying how i see it. Jiggs can downb fox easily and fox can uair jiggs easily. thats just what i see in lots of matches.
Sorry to double post
It isn't easy for a jiggs to rest a fox and it isn't easy for fox just to uair jiggs. Again, at low levels of play is IS easy. At high levels not so much.

I couldn't find any videos of this siegfried's falco. Only of his marth vs a falcon. And the falcon and marth very closely resembled my own skillwise. Therefore, in comparison to the top players, not very good. In comparison to noobs, amazing. To be "good" at melee in 2009 in comparison to the top tourny players is quite a statement. The game has been out for over 8 years, a lot is expected.

EDIT: I am done responding to you lordy. I would love to talk about sheik. Debating how good you are is not of interest to me any longer

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Tremor did we watch the same videos? They looked like they had only been playing a few months. And yes i watched the november session.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I've beaten Lain in tourny, who beat m2k in brawl before. And I think I could ally also! (ally if you happen to namesearch and find this I will MM you in melee ha)

But I'm still a huge noob and no where near the level of any of the top players or even any of the top 50 or maybe 100 at genesis. Because I am not as good, I see that what I am experiencing in my gameplay with other people of the same level may be a dumbed down reflection of the top level of play. I see that it may also not represent what goes on at the top level of play at all.

It isn't easy for a jiggs to rest a fox and it isn't easy for fox just to uair jiggs. Again, at low levels of play is IS easy. At high levels not so much.

I couldn't find any videos of this siegfried's falco. Only of his marth vs a falcon. And the falcon and marth very closely resembled my own skillwise. Therefore, in comparison to the top players, not very good. In comparison to noobs, amazing.
here's his peach. Idk if he has a falco one up yet or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6zXFvUOodc&feature=related

Tr3mor im quite aware that im not as good as they are. but ive a right to an opinion. i dont wanna get into an argument over my skill, i just have differing opinions on matches.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Seig looks alot better than Leviathan but okay at best.

i dont realyl care about the game much but ive been palying for like..uhm...a couple years i think. i just like seeing that you're so spent on defending these two.

i've taken the LOL master approach to the game since SOMEONE HAS TO.

<3 Wendell where ever you may be.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Tremor did we watch the same videos? They looked like they had only been playing a few months. And yes i watched the november session.
I watched more and think I am quite a bit better than them... but it doesn't matter. I'm still a bad kid and so are they and I know you are too scum ;).

Oh all the wasted pages of this sheik thread. Sorry sheik lovers.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Seig looks alot better than Leviathan but okay at best.

i dont realyl care about the game much but ive been palying for like..uhm...a couple years i think. i just like seeing that you're so spent on defending these two.

i've taken the LOL master approach to the game since SOMEONE HAS TO.

<3 Wendell where ever you may be.
They're my friends. I do what i can.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
If someone goes 'STRATFORD SUCKS" i go 'i wouldnt go as far to say he sucks but he's getting better' you seem to think that they are above average, which frankly isn't true.

CALLIN ME OUT TREMOR?!?!

MM LETS GO

you'll prolly win :(

Top Bottom