• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School is in Session 4: *Results!!* UPDATED!! January 8th, 2011!

Scythe

Smash Master
i was hella exhausted at this tourney but still had a good time and King Beef looks like starkiller.

all i have to say.

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
1. Mew2King great job as always ,Ill have my controllers at ktar if you still want to test them
2. Ally Nice to see you again man lol rob in the finals too good
3. Katy Perry (Atomsk)lol trevor you have to stop toying with people in bracket
4. AlphaZealot thanks for the friendlies hopefully we will continue that best out of 3 some time
5. Coney as much as I hate ddd good **** bro good to see you again
5. Kingtoon Kt good **** placing .... no more suicides in the semis lol
7. Vinnie ahhhh such a long drive there good **** placing in teams and singles too good
9. Logic fun playing you man see you at ktar
9. Kain fun friendlies , well cept that bs at pkstadium lol , good **** you have inspired me to actually practice
9: Y.b.M. lol this guy leaving to club
13: Arty ur falco is interesting , come to ktar man
13: DJ Iskascribble we had some fun friednlies , lol everyone thinking it was a tournament set
13: Hylian nice meeting you and radium , hope you got better man , come to ny some time
17: Cook fun friendlies
25: SASSY thanks for sharing the hotel saturday
25: Quik we had a very close set , hope to see you again , mad chill dude
25: King Beef fun friendly
25: xzax you have the same problem as me man have to shake that rust off , I believe you can.
25: Nicole nice seeing you again , keep repping that peach
25: Kenny nice seeing you again
33: Sai fun friendlies
33: KassandraNova nice seeng you again fun frienly teams
33: Quivo my dude , fun practicing /meeting you , come to ny some time
33: Luminoth good job making bracket bro

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm on the fence about an LGL after this tournament :/ I used to be adamantly against it but now I'm not sure.

Thank you M2K for putting your reputation on the line to demonstrate the strength of the tactic you claim to be broken.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I'm on the fence about an LGL after this tournament :/ I used to be adamantly against it but now I'm not sure.

Thank you M2K for putting your reputation on the line to demonstrate the strength of the tactic you claim to be broken.
after this tournament, i'm definitely on the pro LGL side.

What's The Point

Smash Master
List chars for ripples project plox
What I know/remember for what is listed.

1. Mew2King :metaknight:
2. Ally :metaknight: :snake:
3. Katy Perry (Atomsk) :metaknight: :dedede: :popo:
4. AlphaZealot :diddy:
5. Coney :dedede:
5. Kingtoon :toonlink:
7. Vinnie :gw:
7. Kel :metaknight:
9. Logic :olimar: :metaknight:
9. Kain :wolf:
9: Y.b.M. :kirby: :zerosuitsamus:
9: Krystedez :pit: :wario:
13: Arty :falco:
13: DJ Iskascribble :metaknight:
13: Blue Rogue :wario:
13: Hylian :popo:
17: Infern :snake:
17: Capem :metaknight:
17: Z :metaknight:
17: Gimey :gw:
17: Cook :olimar:
17: Fizzle :metaknight:
17: Fonz :lucario: :metaknight:
17: Sago :metaknight:
25: SASSY :zerosuitsamus:
25: Quik :wario:
25: King Beef :peach: :metaknight: :pikachu:
25: xzax :falco: :metaknight:
25: Nicole :peach:
25: Shugo :falco: :metaknight:
25: Dooms :gw:
25: Kenny :snake:
33: Scythe :lucario:
33: Roller :popo: :pikachu:
33: Sai :diddy:
33: ArgentStew :lucario:
33: KassandraNova :metaknight:
33: Quivo :toonlink:
33: Judo :sheik:
33: Future :popo:
33: Links :toonlink:
33: SneakyTako :rob:
33: Meneil :ike:
33: Luminoth :wolf:
33: Akashi :marth:
33: Tutu :falco: :sheik:
33: Hilt :olimar:
33: Mister Eric :rob:

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I forfeited my match to Hylian at about 11:45pm, because the tournament took hella long. I enjoyed myself so I have no complaints really. I will most likely return, but it will depend. I was exhausted by that time, but no johns on any of my losses. Good **** everyone who placed well. I enjoyed all of my matches.

Vinnie: Fun set, you have an interesting G&W for sure.
Coney: Good work sir, you played superb against me.
Sai: Good matches.
Kel: Fun teaming as always.
Everyone else in my pool keep improving!

Anyone I missed sorry.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
I forfeited my match to Hylian at about 11:45pm, because the tournament took hella long. I enjoyed myself so I have no complaints really. I will most likely return, but it will depend. I was exhausted by that time, but no johns on any of my losses. Good **** everyone who placed well. I enjoyed all of my matches.

Vinnie: Fun set, you have an interesting G&W for sure.
Coney: Good work sir, you played superb against me.
Sai: Good matches.
Kel: Fun teaming as always.
Everyone else in my pool keep improving!

Anyone I missed sorry.
We still gotta' Ganondorf. :3

clowsui

Smash Legend
For the record, I'm never gonna stop complaining about my pool.

To quote Jayford:

People that made it out of our pool placed 13th 13th and 5th lmao. SUPER STACKED!!!
Coney, Arty, vVv DJ Iskascribble, MX778, Clowsui, Jayford, Zwarm

Seriously. Any player not in broken tier could have easily gotten 3rd seed or even below.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
For the record:

Pretty much every pool was stacked. I seriously think there were only like 2 pools I personally would have had a chance in.

Mine was:
King Toon :toonlink:
Kain :wolf:
Capem :metaknight:
Sorasin :falco:
(Me) :kirby2:/:mario2:/:wolf:
Dajayman :ness2:
A female Peach player who's crazy name I can't spell :peach:
Sorry I can't remember the last player :(
I won't ***** about my pool though. I enjoyed playing so many good players, and think I'll be able to beat a few next time.

Shoutouts later tonight.

Edited for characters.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Pool 8:

Infern :snake: :ike:
Scythe :lucario:
Links :toonlink:
Katakiri :squirtle: :charizard:
Ripple :dk2: :lucario: :metaknight:
Radium :kirby2:
134 :sheik: :wario:

Seeding in that order although Katakiri and Ripple tied I believe....and can't guarantee the characters though....

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
List chars for ripples project plox

Amazingness
you have no idea how much this means to me that 1 person has taken the time to do this and is spot on with nearly everyone.

seriously, thank you.

edit: if anyone can remember people in pools who didn't make it out and who they used it would be appreciated.

today did tell me she'd do this so I hope I can get her to send me a list eventually

clowsui

Smash Legend
Fizzle uses MK/D3/Lucario. Falco on diddy sometimes

Pool 12

Coney :dedede:
Arty :falco:
vVv DJ Iskascribble :metaknight:
MX :yoshi2:
clowsui :falco: :marth:
Jayford :marth:
Zwarm :dedede: :rob:

Quik17

Smash Ace
Pool 14

1. Hylian :popo: :gw:
2. Me :wario:
3. Argent :lucario:
HadesBlade :yoshi2:
Xeroxen :mario2:
Pane :wolf:
Fuujin :zelda:

Only the top 3 are in order. This pool doesn't seem as stacked as some of the others that were mentioned by I definitely had a hard time. Everyone besides Hylian was around my skill level so all my matches were really intense.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Idr which pool this was... but it was mine, lol.

1st) YBM - :kirby: + ZSS
2nd) Judo - :sheik: + Marth (?)
3rd) Akashi - :marth:
4th) Sleep - MK/Falco
5th) Wildfire - :diddy:
6th) Tech_Chase - :snake: :dedede:
7th) Rikku - :lucario:

I'm sure you guys can figure out which pool # that was.

King~

Smash Champion
i dont know the the seeding after third for my pool, since im pretty sure it was a three way tie

Pool 16
1.Gimey/GIMR -GnW
2.Fizzle- MK/Lucario/DDD i saw him use bowser aswell
3.Sassy- ZSS
Today-Gnw/Olimar
Legan- Link/ZSS i think i saw him use marth in a match vs today but im unsure
King- Pikachu
Prime-Samus

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Head to head should count, in that situation

Usually a 3 way tie results in the 3 people going in a triangle of victories, but every so often you have that situation

At Pound, it will be Sets, then head to head, then win/loss ratio.

So in that situation, The seeding would've been Krys, then TP, then KB. That's how it will go at Pound.
._.

Last Pound (and the way most tournies seem to run it) it was: three way tie = win/loss record
two way = head to head

I'll always remeber that :c

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Pool 9

Atomsk :wolf: :snake: :popo: :dedede: :marth: :falco: :ike: :rob:
Hilt :olimar:
Tutu :sheik:
TKO :kirby2:
Tmacc :dedede:
Smash64 :ness2: :snake: :diddy:
Sponge Jordan :lucas:

Not sure of the order, me, TKO, Smash, and Tutu were all close. But I know Tutu got 3.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Pool 4

Kel :metaknight:
Xzax :falco: :metaknight:
Kenny :snake:
Sil :rob:
Mister E :rob:
Zephil :fox:
Sadface :marth:
Oro?! (no show)

I don't remember who was higher between E and Zephil.

Edit: Thanks clow.

TP

Smash Master
Stuff about my pools situation
More stuff
Stuff redux
Stuff about stuff about stuff
And it ends with this stuff
Yeah, as I said, it was a pretty crazy situation. I still don't agree with the final decision, but I certainly understand where it's coming from and I'm fine with it. At any rate, I'm happy with how I did (barring my TERRIBLE playing against WTP, seriously dude MM me gimme a chance at redemption). Beating KB and Future consecutively when I knew I had to beat both to have a shot at getting out made me finally feel comfortable with maining MK. Sorry Ganon :(.

At any rate, time for the callout:

I will not be attending any more tournaments run by Today. I don't know the details about the last minute venue change so I won't blame that on her, but she did say there would be free food. It's not a big deal, but don't say you'll have it and then fail to deliver.

Anyways, a much bigger problem was keeping the tournament running smoothly. I saw her walking around doing nothing FAR too often. My pool, since it had two setups while some others had one, finished in less than 2 hours (partially thanks to Krys for doing a good job as captain). An hour later, I asked a friend if he got out and he said they weren't done yet. I told the people in that pool that our setups were open and they went over to them and things sped up. I should NOT have had to do that. Friendlies were played on those TVs for an hour, and seeing as pools ended up taking 4 hours, I'm sure the problem was repeated elsewhere. During at least a part of that time, I saw Today doing nothing. So go figure, like 5 people drop out of brackets (YbM from WINNERS) because it just got ridiculous.

Not starting pools during the later rounds of doubles is nothing short of careless. Enough said.

Another big issue is that at least two people entered singles without paying. I did not learn of this until after the tournament. Short on money in the pot at the end of the tournament?

Interrupting Coney vs AZ. They had to pause their match while that stuff got sorted out, and ended up finishing the set. It was GAME THREE. Let them FINISH THE MATCH FIRST.

Lack of LGL. When someone told me that Coney JV 3 stocked M2K game 1 (I got back from food right at the end of the first match), my reaction was "well, too bad he literally can't win the set." I went off somewhere else, even though I love watching Coney, because there was just no reason to watch it.

Now then, shoutouts:

Future: Dude I don't even think I have to say it. You already know.

Krys: GGs, good job keeping on top of our pool.

KB: GGs, you really need to mix up your recovery as Pikachu. I shouldn't get a free sweetspot Nair every time I get you offstage. At any rate, no hard feelings at all about what happened, hope to see you again soon so we can play more.

WTP: As I said above, I played so bad against you. I normally beat Falco's Uair with my Dair every time, and just couldn't do it against you, and I honestly believe that cost me that game. Going Jiggs against you was just dumb on my part. Never again. GGs.

The Lucario in my pool: Dude I forgot your name, sorry man. Anyways, GGs.

Xyless: GGs, I had Nicole teach me how to beat Peach right before pools in preparation for KB, ended up using her tips vs you instead, lol.

Hilt: You seem like a cool dude. You did a good job in running the tournament. I don't blame you at all for anything. I'd say we should play each other next time, but **** Olimar.

Clowsui: Thanks for housing us. I can't believe we never played each other at this. Whoops.

Coney: LOL ruleset, amirite? Also see the next shoutout.

TKbro: "Yo I'm gonna pressure your shield alright I'M OUT, PEACE!" That was probably thing ever. EVER.

Atomsk: I really hope you do come live in MO some more in the future. See you soon?

M2K: Fun friendlies, I learned a lot.

Fizzle: LOL, Ganon vs Bowser is totally in Ganon's favor, I'll stand by that. Thanks for the MM.

Dajayman: GGs in friendlies at the start of the day.

DLA: Same.

Missouri: We're such an awesome community, but boy do we suck at this game. Holy crap. As usual, it was great hanging out with all of you.

People I'm forgetting: My bad.

Coney

Smash Master
oh yeah, i think our entire pool was recorded as well, we were on someone's (extremely hacked :eek: ) setup, so those should be out i spose 'ventually

Top Bottom