• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Vertical: Kill Percents, Stage Ceilings, Character Usmash/Uair Knockback

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
mm i think you forgot charizards upB (fly) on the specials section, and adding the glide attacks would be cool
Nice info, thank you

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I love this thread so much, but one thing I'm starting to want is a Project Horizontal - specifically dealing with stage blastzones.

I'd do it myself, but I can't figure out how I'd go about accurately measuring side blastzones.

Edit: Lol, the 5 topics underneath this one at this moment all concern Meta Knight.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Horizontal statistics would be substantially more useless; while many vertical kills happen from ground level and are consistent, all horizontal kills are somewhere else different on the stage from the last. You could measure from the middle, but then you just have a semi-useful reference that estimation could have let you guess anyway.

Plus, it would be a *TON* of work.

Flayl

Smash Hero
You posted the worst value possible for Bowser's USmash, which is outclassed by his UTilt.

Bowser's USmash when opponent is close behind him = 101%
UTilt = 109%
Bowser's USmash when opponent is in front of him (this is what you posted): 129%

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I love these sorts of threads.

Even though there's a good chance some of it is completely useless, it's incredibly interesting to see all of this in one place, and now you know who to fear with vertical kills.

I should make a project horizontal. xD

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Horizontal statistics would be substantially more useless; while many vertical kills happen from ground level and are consistent, all horizontal kills are somewhere else different on the stage from the last. You could measure from the middle, but then you just have a semi-useful reference that estimation could have let you guess anyway.

Plus, it would be a *TON* of work.
I never responded saying I play as Peach. That one girl who's horizontal recovery is very important to her. I'd find it very useful. :bee:

I should make a project horizontal. xD
YES.

I wouldn't know how, but YES.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Temple is an unimportant stage since it's illegal, so that is probably why it isn't listed (although New Pork City is listed...). I don't think it's ceiling is that high though, it's just a big stage but the ceiling seems normal. If you fight on the top part, you'll know what I mean.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
He was testing on standing Mario and Mario on a platform in BF. So that's maybe why he excluded Sheik who wouldn't hit with the tipper in either of those situations.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You got to remember the last time this was updated was in April.

The stage ceilings and most everything here is still a good reference nevertheless.

Jesusdragon737

Smash Cadet
Wow, I can't believe how much time you must have spent doing this. Great statistics. Thanks. I always thought Jungle Japes had an extremely high ceiling.

Corjha

Smash Rookie
Some characters, namely DK, Shiek, and ROB, are omitted for not having an up-smash capable of killing a grounded Mario vertically.
OBJECTION!

Sheik sends Mario directly upwards with her Usmash and will kill at 90% and above uncharged, provided it hits from directly below. Yes, it doesn't do anything from the side, but that's no reason to omit it.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Mmmm... Lucario's rather low. I wonder how powerful it'd be at full power.... (U-Smash at 175%, two stocks down from opponent)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ya I'd think lucario utilt, uair, and usmash would jump on the list extensively at full power (especially at about 176%, two stocks behind)
Edit: RK beat me to it.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Ya I'd think lucario utilt, uair, and usmash would jump on the list extensively at full power (especially at about 176%, two stocks behind)
Edit: RK beat me to it.
Yah

Sheiks USmash tipper= one of the strongest USmash's in the game
Seriously, it kills almost everyone in the cast before 100% uncharged.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
What ever happened to the all-important sticky which archived links for all these stats-related topics and crap? :/

Top Bottom