• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yea that was a bit of an exaggeration. but i mean, all i see is whining about what marth can't do, instead of what he can do.

and lol DF going in!

unknown522

Some guy
Also, my Falco tends to get ***** by Fox. Could you briefly explain how to deal with getting pressured by Fox nairs and shines, and what to do (like how to DI) once I get hit? How to deal with shield pressure? And what to do when a shine throws me offstage? How to space? If you could answer any of these questions, however generally or situationally you can, that would be extremely helpful.
CC n-airs and shine them. If your percent is too high, then u-tilt through them.

about puff

i 4 stocked jmans fox twice and hax's fox twice just before apex2 with puff

by getting the lead in the beginning of the game then planking

they both think it's broken, the puffs refuse to use it, with it she is god-tier
actually, Hbox stopped using it for some reason. He used to do it (like at TGMTSBCO).

IB and Diakonos have beat great falcos like shiz, chops, blunted object, sion, etc. And m2k has also beat them all at some some point.
actually, Diakonos lost to the non-canadian falcos IIRC, but I still get your point with IB and M2K.

also, IMO marth wins the matchup. He has a lot of things that other characters don't that can prevent falco from laser control

meatpopsicle

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the tips, Rubyiris. I think my CCing and my DI game in general need vast improvements before I can begin to deal with a solid Fox's pressure. I also think it's important not to end up at the side of the stage when you're being pressured because, at least for me, it ends up being a gimp opportunity for Fox far too often.

Edit: @ Unknown522: Utilt is so ****. I rarely can time it right as a defensive option vs. Fox, but when it does work it's a big momentum-changer.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
right now falco beats marth and fox goes even with him, imo.

marth's could improve this matchup. idk why marth is so underrepresented at top levels of play. m2k's marth is amazing even his marth messes things up and doesn't take full advantage of everything.

tl;dr: marth is hard to play :/

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
lol @ calling sion good.

good one.

"HURR DURR I JUST SPAM HIGH AERIALS AND HOPE MY OPPONENT DOESNT KNOW HOW TO PUSH SHEILD+A"

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
mango's falco ***** me sometimes and always beats me more than 50%
drpp can beat me
forward can beat me sometimes
zhu beat me
PC in his prime can beat me
the 1 friendly I had with bomb solder at OC3 he beat me (even though I ranked much higher)

fox's I lose to majority of the time: 0

So...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIniXcuW4tM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtJ6kC0cOj4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YPztTWKFkI

DAMN MARTH ***** SPACIES

Let me try it again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUW-n7VLlQQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlXUyelAbIc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-1Wo5c_0DQ

WHAT FALCON ***** FALCO x(((

Lol you're basically saying "if I lose to X, then X counters Marth, because there is no other possibile explanation for my losses". You're not taking into account that you might just being outplayed by someone that's better than you (Mango) or barely losing to someone who's close to your level (Zhu and PP - those were pretty damn close sets). I dunno about PC and Forward cause they're kinda retired lol

I've seen lucky get almost jv 5d by mango's falco in person. Just learn how to combo the **** out of Fox and he is done. It works on every stage, while chain grab is only broken on FD
^ Or he was just being outplayed. No offense to you or Lucky, you're both excellent players, but Mango seems to be just in another league. If you don't see it that way we could then agree that Link beats Ganondorf because of Mango vs. Kage. And Falcon beats Falco because of Mango vs. Zhu/Chops. Lol it looks like Mario can do well vs. top tiers too
Peach looks like a Marth/Fox counter, because you still didn't get a tourney set off Armada.

Aaaand... just learn how to combo the **** out of Falco and he is done. It works on every stage, while lasers are only broken on FD.
Falco needs to read the Fox' techs and reactions, because after 40%s there are no more guaranteed combos/follow-ups. Fox needs to read Falco as well, except it's easier for him because he's WAY faster than Falco :x

[Edit: LOL Ruby, you should watch carefully some Sion/Chops matches before making such posts :X]

JPOBS

Smash Hero
maybe you should actually watch sions games. he literally ONLY does high aerials, and like never grabs.
sometimes you're so ignorant and i know you're not just trollin.

also, i played sion at rom3, he grabs a ton. and honestly, if all he does is spam high aerials, i wish i could that and place 17th at rom3.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
sometimes you're so ignorant and i know you're not just trollin.

also, i played sion at rom3, he grabs a ton. and honestly, if all he does is spam high aerials, i wish i could that and place 17th at rom3.
sometimes you're just a moron and have poor observation skills.

unknown522

Some guy
sion is good. I've personally played him, watched him, and hung out with him at ROM 3 as well.

even KK says that he's good and he doesn't say that a lot about people.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
maybe you should actually watch sions games. he literally ONLY does high aerials, and like never grabs.
your theory makes no sense, so your saying what he lacks in by doing high aerials on shield (:awesome:) he makes up in something else extraordinarily enough to place 17th at a national?

please, with actual logic explain this. like you saying he always does early aerials proves nothing, cause i could go watch a game with him and see him do a late aerial and just counter your argument completely. I see him grab often, not to mention how much someone grabs doesn't determine how good they are. If there's situations where you don't need to grab, then you don't. That doesn't make you bad if you don't NEED to grab.

You're basically being delusional :s

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nobody in this thread is going to change their minds after reading one post so you all might as well agree to disagree and stop wasting effort on these kinds of arguments. that way this can go back to being a really insightful thread.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
It's like you guys don't expect this from Ruby or something
YEAH!!

. . . Wait. . . who IS this ruby guy??? . . . .

. . . O yeah, i think it was this falco i beat with falcon or something. . . .

. . . I guess falcon must beat falco then, or whatever. . . .

. . . I also heard he cp'd himself vs a marth to dk64 or something of the like. . . .

. . . lost that too. . . so forget all the 'falco>marth' crapola being shoved down our throats. . . marth obv > falco, kidos!

=D i kid i kid. . . . . . you were prolly not playing your best in that game on bf. . . no biggie. . . i aint even good

wtf is up with modesto on the falco boards anyways???

. . . hey guys!!!

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
i'm here for the marth discussion, and modestian shenanigans. haha one of them is lacking while the other is in surplus. what, may i ask, are YOU doing here good sir?

booshk

Smash Lord
lol @ calling sion good.

good one.

"HURR DURR I JUST SPAM HIGH AERIALS AND HOPE MY OPPONENT DOESNT KNOW HOW TO PUSH SHEILD+A"
lol, play him and you'd lose.

what'd you place at rom3? or at anything significant? (legitimate question)

btw you're a ****ing idiot : ). i love how when you're wrong you say "yeah well youre a moron and have poor observation skills" LOL how ironic.

and in crews diakonos took shiz out, but i know that's not as notable as beating him in a money match so i see where youre coming from unknown

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Lol. Sion is a great falco. There's lots of room for improvement (and I know the particulars), but he's very legit and I'm proud of him. Rubyiris appears to me to be someone who somehow feels upset when another is praised. Is it because you feel that you are comparable and that you should be receiving props, too? I think this is the second time you've been harping on Sion.

Anyway while I'm on Falco boards I want to say thank you for you hard working falcos. I seriously think it's you guys that keep the melee metagame moving along. <3

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
even KK says that he's good and he doesn't say that a lot about people.
You just hatin 'cuz I'm the Grinch

Sion was difficult for me to shield grab

In fact I mostly won on the back of back air and neutral air vs him when we played

And fabulous **** u-smash / dair combos

But what do I know I'm a scrub I'm so bad vs Falco I've never beaten a good Falco ever

:(

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
lol @ calling sion good.

good one.

Who are you again? Oh that's right, nobody :)

Sion *****. Kid gets 17th at the first OoS tournament he's ever been to (which happens to be RoM3). You better watch what you say =D

Bob Money

Smash Ace
i think if falco gets under or behind marth he wins and doesnt get grabbed by ledge.

i think marth wins if falco lets himself get grabbed. or double jumps like an idiot.

Marth powershilding to wd grab is really good, but cross up down airs ***** like 80-90 percent of marth options if hes too close to jab/fair cleanly. Even if it does hit clean, falcos should reset the stage space or just down air etc. out of hit stun instead of doing other **** and getting grabbed. Marth can aim a light shield back etc to shield grab deep down airs but as of right now m2k is the only one that can do that semi- consistently.

90 percent of falcos hate marth because they suck at dealing with hit stun and let marth hit the ground.

Theres just really simple things that marth cant deal with well. cross up aerials and being above falco.

Top Bottom