• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
uhg waiting to play this till i get my 3ds is going to be hard
i dont know if i can do it
i have white sitting in my room right now sealed

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So I'm trying to catch Victini now and it's really annoying. >_>

You would think this wouldn't be such a pain considering he's level 15 and this is before the 3rd gym but seriously mann.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Oh snaps... look at all the cool SWF kids in this thread.

Got both games. Started with Black. Up to my third badge, but I took time to do EVERYTHING in the big city, including getting both Zorua and Victini. I'm gonna be the best, like no one ever was!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm at the outskirts of Pinwheel Forest in Black. I'm going to take my time with this game and enjoy everything and go on a Pokemon-catching spree, Team Plasma be damned.

Dear Purrloin, stop being a ***** to train.

Also, I found a Shiny Audino after like the 5th encounter. But I KOed it with Lillipup's Crit. Hit Take Down. There are no words.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Purrloin's line is weaksauce anyways. Go with something better. Crit'ing a shiny is so sad though. :( I caught a shiny in Diamond and haven't seen one in the wild since. I'm kinda hoping to find a good one this gen.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I never trained a Dark type for the long run before though, except for Mightyena in Ruby, and he only lasted to like level 43. I'd like to see how far I can carry a Liepard in-game.

I may discard my Pansear and Lillipup though, and use a Sawk. I may already have a Timburr with me, but Sawk's a badass.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
I think any competitive battler will agree that haxorous is the greatest name ever.

Octave

Smash Ace
Had to order mine on Amazon so I wont be getting it for a few days, but I got the hardcover pokedex/strategy guide for $17 on amazon as well (45% off) so I'm pretty pumped.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Picked up Black on the way home from school today. A winner is me :D Chose the pig thing as my starter. Can't wait to play some more.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think I'll reset FireRed, Pal Park a Charmander over into HeartGold, then trade the Charmander to a friend who has already beat Black / White who will trade back into my Black version so I won't have to use any of the trash starters from Unova.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
My friend convinced me to buy this. The last pokemon I played was Blue. I am totally out my depth :laugh:. Currently at route 3 and haven't lost a fight yet so all's good,. But cheren and bianca need to get a life. Seriously, go away you stalking freaks.

I hope snivy and munna get better because they're the only two I want to keep so far. My snivy seems to be a speedy tank. What is this.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Current team

Dewott lvl 24
Timburr lvl 21
Herdier lvl 23
Sandile lvl 21
Bliztle lvl 22
Woobat lvl 22

I've swapped out so many pokemon. I'm trying to try out as many as I can. How is every one else doing?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Current team

Dewott lvl 24
Timburr lvl 21
Herdier lvl 23
Sandile lvl 21
Bliztle lvl 22
Woobat lvl 22

I've swapped out so many pokemon. I'm trying to try out as many as I can. How is every one else doing?
I'm taking on a similar strategy, although more because I picked out the Pokémon I wanted on my team and then realized that it would be mid-late game before I got any of them except for my starter. I decided, rather than just making my starter really, really powerful, I'd train other Pokémon alongside it, which works anyway because I really like a lot of Unova Pokémon.

My planned team is:

- Emboar
- Volcarona
- Golurk
- Reuniclus
- Haxorus
- Carracosta

For now, though, my team is:

- Sandile Lv. 22
- Pignite Lv. 24
- Musharna Lv. 25
- Simisage Lv. 25
- Tranquil Lv. 23

So I literally intend to keep only Pignite of the Pokémon I have on my team now.

I had a Blitzle on my team, but I found it so difficult to train and susceptible to dying every other second that I ditched it. As one of my friends put it, it's kind of a "glass motorcycle". And I don't really like that, even though Blitzle is cool.

Fortunately, I'm at Relic Castle now so I'll be able to get my Tirtouga soon enough, and MK and I have our Solosis and Gothita ready to trade up, so I'll have half of my team set soon.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm taking on a similar strategy, although more because I picked out the Pokémon I wanted on my team and then realized that it would be mid-late game before I got any of them except for my starter. I decided, rather than just making my starter really, really powerful, I'd train other Pokémon alongside it, which works anyway because I really like a lot of Unova Pokémon.
:132:

My original team went something like:

Serperior
Scrafty/Mienshao
Accelgor
Golurk
Eelektross
Carracosta/Water filler

[collapse=txt]As of yet I only have the means to two/three w/fossil(about to fight 4th gym), so I'm taking the initiative to raise several different teams to mix and match, so as to not overgrind during my catching sprees/get ***** in gyms for being so underleveled(not a single thing over Lv. 10 first gym :urg:).[/collapse]
tl;dr - Current team:

Timburr - Lv. 23
Drilbur :awesome: - Lv. 24
Herdier - Lv. 24
Servine - Lv. 27
Whirlipede - Lv. 29
No 6th atm.

[collapse=txt]Usually try to keep them balanced, but I went in a complete circle around the center in Nimbasa, Plasma grunts, routes, and trainers and all. Right now I'm trying to decide on both a sixth member and whether I should keep Timburr or breed Fire Punch onto a Scrafty, or just tagging it along as my sixth for a while.

On a side note, the Day Care in this game is ridiculous. Leave something there for an hour, two tops, it'll grow up to 10 levels. Hence why my box is filled with both filler and overleveled randoms(Whirlipede didn't evolve until Lv. 26, lol)[/collapse]
Box'd/Day Care'd/Other:

Patrat - Lv. 21
Audino - Lv. 21
Tranquill - Lv. 22
Swoobat - Lv. 22
Panpour - Lv. 25
Scrafty - Lv. 25
And whatever else I can't remember.

M.K

Level 55
Current Team:

(Level 30)
-Venoshock
-Poison Tail
-Protect
-Bug Bite

(Level 27)
-Leaf Tornado
-Leech Seed
-Wrap
-Growth

(Level 27)
-Rock Blast
-Iron Defense
-Mud-Slap
-Headbutt

(Level 21)
-Hex
-Will-O-Wisp
-Night Shade
-Haze

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So I bought pokemon white 2 days ago, and while some of the 5th gen pokemon look dumb, the fact that I can use tm's as many times as I want just makes this game freaking awesome.

Sariku

Smash Master
I beat White last night after 33:31 hours/minutes. Feels good.

Waking up this morning, it's strange to see what the power curve of every single trainer is post game. Lv 60-65? Siiiiigh, well. I'll be flying to the Pokemon Center a lot. My in game team:

Lv. 47 Stoutland
Lv. 52 Scrafty
Lv. 53 Excadrill
Lv. 50 Samurott
Lv. 50 Swoobat

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Just about to face the seventh Gym Leader.

Bah, you sissies. Most of I wanted was mid-game at least, and I used nothing but Snivy until right before the second Gym. I've only been using what I think will be good for the whole storyline. :p

Current team:

Hostad- Conkledurr, male, lv. 40
Ziggy- Zoroark, male, lv. 40
Tarry- Scolipede, female, lv. 38
Folio- Serperior, male, lv. 38
Disea- Excadrill, female, lv. 40
And my newest catch, Himoxis- Druddigon, female, lv. 36

B)

Edit: The Gym Leader was a joke. Took out all three of his Pokemon with my Conkledurr, not even close to fainting...

Wrath`

Smash Master
Just got it a couple of hours ago and playing it on the most beat up DSlite ever

Got a lv8 Tepig and a lv2 Lilpup and only in the first town.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I always carry it with me, even during Gym class, and we body check during Floor Hockey, and well I got pounded into the wall and my DS was there to take the force.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
There is so much wrong in that story I don't even know where to start.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
My team:

Servine(23)
Blitz(21)
Drilbur(21)
Panpour(21)
Venepede(21)

I plan on using several pokemon, and just swapping the pokemon out as I please :D

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Just got it a couple of hours ago and playing it on the most beat up DSlite ever

snip

Got a lv8 Tepig and a lv2 Lilpup and only in the first town.
This is basically what mine looks like, but on the opposite side. And black/White. My DS kicked the bucket today. :l

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I think I'll reset FireRed, Pal Park a Charmander over into HeartGold, then trade the Charmander to a friend who has already beat Black / White who will trade back into my Black version so I won't have to use any of the trash starters from Unova.
Snivy is statistically the second best starter in the history of the series. 9th in usage in DW.

Currently in chargestone cave. My team is:

Lv.36 Gurdurr with Adamant nature
Lv.30 Victini with Modest nature
Lv.36 Samurott with Sassy Nature
Lv.30 Krokorok with Serious Nature
Lv.50 Zoroark (Snarl) with Quirky nature

Top Bottom