• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

DLO

Smash Journeyman
Because CREATING and GENERATING something is the same thing?
The only one attack who has a bad name is Head Charge: Afro Break was the signature of Bouffalant.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm still not really sure what Create or Generate has to do with the move itself. I mean, I guess Victini is creating/generating a lot of heat while it uses the move. But surely there could've been a better name.

The biggest disappointment overall, ability or move-wise, is Herbivore -> Sap Sipper. But everything else sounds pretty swell. Also, Psyshock, that one attack from way back in the Pokemon TCG, is finally a real attack!

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
V-Generate seems to roll off the tongue better, I guess. Again, just because the meaning of a name or word is spot-on doesn't mean it sounds as nice as its synonyms. :p
I rather like Sap Sipper, on the other hand; I guess I'm a sucker for alliteration.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Because CREATING and GENERATING something is the same thing?
The only one attack who has a bad name is Head Charge: Afro Break was the signature of Bouffalant.
His name should have been Buffafro. We obviously can't trust NOA to think of good names.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
They didn't completely butcher Kojondo's name(and I've grown fond of both the former and Mienshao), so I'm happy.

Also/Coincidentally - http://serebii.net/blackwhite/ability.shtml I'm actually like some of the abilities' new names. Contrary go hand in hand with Serperior. Like Defiant too. Not digging Defeatist or Moody, though.

Went to go finish paying off White/pre-order a 3DS today. 3 days hype.

Kesusjade

Smash Rookie
Snivy and I are buttbuddies. Cannae wait.

But I'm thinking twice about preordering Black version, I totally forgot about White Forest where you can catch pre-evolutions! :(
Oh well. I suppose I can always have my girlfriend give me some.
Also I think this guy makes up for any of Black's shortcomings:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah that guy is way hardcore. He has a nice haircut and a beard that doubles as a bandana!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
got the european version yesterday. transfered my (j) content over (zoroark wifi.) i was a noob and forgot to get the others. i beat the game (as in, 100% completion) in about 72 hours after release and didnt touch my DS again until december, and even then I was playing Phantasy Star Zero lolz.

made it to ze city, got victini. Currently have:

50 Zoroark (boxed)
15 victini
25 Gurdurr
10 Pansear (boxed)
23 Dewott
24 Herdier (sand rush, was too lazy to hunt for an intimidate puppy.)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Reshiram>Zekrom. Back when we saw them I decided whatever game Resh was in I'd get, so Pokemon Black is what I shall buy Monday.

M.K

Level 55
Truly the only "exclusive" is the Vullaby/Mandibuzz line, which constitutes as "the only line so exclusive you can't get it from the GTS" because IIRC, no trainers use it in the game.

Therefore, Black has the SLIGHT advantage, but seriously, how many of us don't have a friend that's gonna get us the exclusives anyways?

Definitely should not have asked that question lol

IGN gave this game a 9.0, stating:

I can get over the ones that are just dumb, like ▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓, but many of these Pokemon are downright hideous. I love Oshawott, the water starter. I think he's adorable. But then he turns into ▓▓▓▓▓▓, who looks like ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓ narwhal ▓▓▓ ▓ drunk bear ▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓. ▓▓▓▓▓ conveys the image of ▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓ melted ice cream sandwiches ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ cigarette butts.
Source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1153589p2.html

And no, I'm not kidding.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Truly the only "exclusive" is the Vullaby/Mandibuzz line, which constitutes as "the only line so exclusive you can't get it from the GTS" because IIRC, no trainers use it in the game.

Therefore, Black has the SLIGHT advantage, but seriously, how many of us don't have a friend that's gonna get us the exclusives anyways?

Definitely should not have asked that question lol

IGN gave this game a 9.0, stating:

Source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1153589p2.html

And no, I'm not kidding.
I think that is the most helpful article from IGN I have read. Ever.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Wow, IGN actually posted something not dripping in bias.

One more dayyyyyy. :D
(Other than you lucky Europeans who already have it...)

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
There's no midnight release around us. The Gamestop we preordered at opens at 10:00. We'll probably arrive early or shortly after it opens, but since we preordered it shouldn't matter.

Interestingly enough, we live near three Gamestops. They're all 45 minutes away. In the same flipping town. o_o

I'm just concerned, you hear all those stories of Gamestop shafting preorders to walk-ins with games this popular, which is why I'd prefer arriving early...

Top Bottom