• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

RATED

Smash Lord
There's no midnight release around us. The Gamestop we preordered at opens at 10:00. We'll probably arrive early or shortly after it opens, but since we preordered it shouldn't matter.

Interestingly enough, we live near three Gamestops. They're all 45 minutes away. In the same flipping town. o_o

I'm just concerned, you hear all those stories of Gamestop shafting preorders to walk-ins with games this popular, which is why I'd prefer arriving early...
Near =/= 45 minutes LOL

the gamestop to me in car is like... 1 minute or 2 minutes.

there's no midnight launch here :( and the gamestop opens at 11am

Grandeza

Smash Master
I know next to nothing about pokemon. But I want this game. Which one do I get, white or black? It appears the general consensus is black?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I like half of them, but I am already over the ones I don't like, as should everyone else, 5th gen is here to stay.
You have to think; if this gen was 2nd not 5th, and 2nd gen was this one, would you hate their designs? I feel like some people are too hard on 4th/5th, just because they are new.

Also, our Gamestop opens at 9am, and they've never shafted pre-orders here.

To me; this gen has the best Grass starter ever. For the first time ever, I will pick a grass starter.

Also, Scrafty<333 he is soooo cute.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I know next to nothing about pokemon. But I want this game. Which one do I get, white or black? It appears the general consensus is black?
The only thing that will matter is what legendary Pokemon you want really.
also, White = more rustic
Black = more futuristic

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ IIRC (this is actually a question): isn't EVERYTHING in black/white the same except:

-Black City/White Forest
-Legendaries

Isn't that it? Like doesn't the Region itself look the same on both games, but it's just each one has an exclusive area.

ndayday

BRoomer
^ IIRC (this is actually a question): isn't EVERYTHING in black/white the same except:

-Black City/White Forest
-Legendaries

Isn't that it? Like doesn't the Region itself look the same on both games, but it's just each one has an exclusive area.
The 8th gym leader's city is different too. In White it's more rustic while in Black it's futuristic.
Yup.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Actually, most places I've looked, White's more popular.

I seem to usually get the less popular version first. Gold instead of Silver, Sapphire instead of Ruby, LeafGreen instead of FireRed (well, I got both, but I played LG), Black instead of White...

4th gen was the only exception, as I got Diamond and SS. First gen I got Yellow first, so that doesn't count. xD

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
It's officially Sunday.

Happy Black and White, my fellow American people. (At least, when Gamestop finally opens. :p)

ndayday

BRoomer
Chandelure has got to have the best animation ever.

Look at it. Just look at it.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
You have to think; if this gen was 2nd not 5th, and 2nd gen was this one, would you hate their designs? I feel like some people are too hard on 4th/5th, just because they are new.

Also, our Gamestop opens at 9am, and they've never shafted pre-orders here.

To me; this gen has the best Grass starter ever. For the first time ever, I will pick a grass starter.

Also, Scrafty<333 he is soooo cute.
Venusaur is legit.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
None of the grass starters have topped Venasaur for me yet. I'm going to pick up my copy in the morning instead of looking for a 24 hour wal-mart. I want to sleep and hit the gym first anyways. I'll also be picking up a copy for my friend. He's leaving for the marines so I won't get to see him for quite awhile.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Or the percentage of certain racial minorities is

eh **** it
The percentage of black people in my town is 0.9%. Seriously.

So the conclusion is: everyone loves Black because it's the best. White does have Braivary in it, it's stupidly high level at evolving annoys me so I'd rather have Mandibuzz to tank things.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
We ran all the way to Gamestop as soon as the mall opened. Beat the crowd, only a pair of dudes with a "connection" were there before us. xD

This game. So flipping beautiful.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Ugh..I've gotta work today, and a 10 hour shift tomorow, but I'm off Tues/Wed. Going to be up all night those nights to be playing this.

As for versions, I got White, my gf got Black. We can share the differences, so it doesn't matter. I just love Zekrom.

Serperior > Sceptile > Venasaur > Mags

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
This game is so beautiful.
I also like how they got most of the boring, "obviously you're never played Pokemon before" dialogue done relatively quick.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I already managed to get all the starters and the other 3 Pokemon the girl gives you on my file. So I have these 6 to go with. Thanks to a friend willing to play til we could trade then start again and get the last starter.

Top Bottom