• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Tepig ended up being amazingly useful until I got Drillbur. Flame Charge, Scald, Arm Thrust and Grass Knot made everything easy.

Excadrill made the Elite Four child's play, I OHKO'd everything except a Sawk with Sturdy. Doing the endgame stuff with N right now, should be fun.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
this game is fun so far, definitely enjoying it
team
drilbur(26)
throh(29)
dewott(33)
tranquil(27)
darumaka(29)

Octave

Smash Ace
My game actually came today, which I was surprised about. Less than 24 hours in transit with standard shipping. The hardcover guide is also amazingly sexy looking.

Started with Oschewott but didn't really think of natures and don't really feel like restarting now, but he's got Naughty so I should be good since it doesn't lower spatk.

Also, idk if anybody noticed but they added descriptions to the stuff on the options screen, specifically "Battle Type". I didn't realize that "set" would turn off the option to switch out in trainer battles so I turned it to 'set' to give myself an extra challenge. Should be interesting, more like a real battle instead of a derp my way through the elite four experience.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Also, idk if anybody noticed but they added descriptions to the stuff on the options screen, specifically "Battle Type". I didn't realize that "set" would turn off the option to switch out in trainer battles so I turned it to 'set' to give myself an extra challenge. Should be interesting, more like a real battle instead of a derp my way through the elite four experience.
That's what that means!?

Huh.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
My first impressions playing this game:

Like the different camera angles in cities, especially in Castelia City!

The plot with Team Plasma is awesome. Game Freak did a great job this time. There's so many facets to this team, maybe because they are hardcore in their beliefs.

Currently in Dragonspiral Tower.
And my team:

Samurott(38)
Galvantula(38)
Victini(38)
Krokorok(37)
Unfezant(38)
Herdier(21, HM Slave)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Servine
Whirlipede
Zorua

(Swap out pokes)
Blitzle
Drilbur
Simipour
Scrafty
Archeops(sp)
Sandile

:D

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Really tempted to get rid of my Servine. It's just not gelling with my team properly and seems to be useless. I think I'm going to catch an Axew or something and get rid of it.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
My team I at the league right now just beat Shauntel and Grimsly.

Serperior Lv 48
Simipour Lv 47
Reuniclus Lv 46 (This thing is so good I love it plus it got some ev's in Sp.Atk and Hp while fighting certain trainers and their pokes.)
Liepard Lv 46
Unfezant Lv 46
Watchog Lv 46

Chill

Red
BRoomer
They actually give a reason for that on a few occasions.

Current team
5 badges

Dawott (Scout) lvl 34
Zebstrika (Ixion) lvl 34
Krokorok (K.Rool) lvl 33
Swoobat (*****) lvl 32
Sawsbuck (Flag) lvl 34
Gurdurr (Atlas) lvl 33

I've been switching out pokemon a lot just so I can try everyone out. I'll probably switch out Zebstrika soon. I haven't had any problems with him but I've had him for awhile now so I think it's time. I'm considering replacing him with joltik. I may also switch out Krokorok for drilbur but with the amount of psychics running around I like having a dark type on my team.

Swoobat hasn't been great until recently. While everyone else was lvl 32+ he was at lvl 26 but then I ran into a **** ton of grass types and without any other SE moves he leveled up pretty quickly.

Octave

Smash Ace
Well I doubt "Plasma grunt used Gunshot" would have gone over well in Gamefreak's boardroom
I know, but it's a blatantly obvious contradiction and I noticed it jokingly with some friends last night but now it's bugging me. If they couldn't make Team PETA work seamlessly they should have dropped the idea period imo.

Don't get me wrong or anything, though. The game is amazing.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
took me

FOREVER

to explore all of castelia city

but yeah

i wanna catch up to you guys tonight hahah

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I always assumed that it's not their Pokemon, it's just temporary or stolen Pokes, or befriended ones that allowed themselves to get captured. Notice how N never uses the same ones? Or he uses ones from the area you're in (like Klink and Joltik when you're in that cave).

Knowing the bad guys true motives, it wouldn't be hard to convinve the henchmen that using Pokemon to free Pokemon is a good idea.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, I was wondering where he got the really good ones in the
Reshiram vs. Zekrom battle

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Just got the game, skipped my favorite Art History class to play. Saving a bit into Route 2.

Overall, not entirely impressed. Not gonna lie though, the little musical controls in the first town above the Pokemon center made me laugh, and the "first step" with Bianca warmed my frigid frigid heart.

I'm also doing a Nuzlocke. Must nickname, must release on faint, and must capture first Pokemon on each route. Though I'll probably do some switching around once the cool Pokemon appear.

Tepig ♂ (Tag) Lvl. 10
Lillipup ♀ (Trig) Lvl. 5

Now Deceased
Patrat ♀ (Rosie) Lvl. 2

I named her in honor of my old pet hamster, who my little three-year-old brother killed by drowning in a fish tank.

Trig immediate kills her with a tackle.

:( Taken too soon. ...though I don't miss the irony.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I just beat the game. Credits are rollin'.

Hoping that my Reshiram has a good nature; I let it faint without killing anything just so it's fresh on the EVs.

EDIT: Quirky nature. Could be worse.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I now have three Badges and leaving big city that I didn't bother to explore, might I add that Sand Attack is getting quite annoying, and also 80% of all bite on my game have resulted in flinches,did bites mechanic change?

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Turns out Reshi's EVs are... okay. Its Attack is abysmal, 3 tops, but the rest of the stats are 19 or higher, some in the high 20s.
Again, could be a lot worse.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I currently have 5 badges, I really do like the gym leader battle theme in this game as well as the bicycle theme. Had a little trouble with the 4th gym because I keep getting paralyzed. x_x

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I now have three Badges and leaving big city that I didn't bother to explore, might I add that Sand Attack is getting quite annoying, and also 80% of all bite on my game have resulted in flinches,did bites mechanic change?
Bite is now super-effective against all Wraths

Sariku

Smash Master
So uh. I'm 56 hours in the game and can't think of anything else to do besides level grind. I don't think there are any cool side quests. Plus, they gimped online play. :|

Ugh, this game.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I just beat the game. Credits are rollin'.

Hoping that my Reshiram has a good nature; I let it faint without killing anything just so it's fresh on the EVs.

EDIT: Quirky nature. Could be worse.
No offense, but that's one of the worst natures lol.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Just beat the first gym. I'll take my time with this game and enjoy it. NOt gonna cram hours and hours into it at once. I don't think I have more than 2 hours clocked in yet.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Almost have my final badge. Team is looking like this:

Samurott
Zoroark
Fraxure (soon to evolve)
Darmanitan
Golett (soon to evolve into Golurk, to become my permanent flier)
Cubchoo (need to level him up into Beartic before the E4)

edit: New avatar/custom title to celebrate the game. <3 ice gyms

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
im bout to get off on skyla.

my teams changing constantly, but im just tryna get through the game as fast as possible with offensive pokemon and hm's

emboar
krokorok
unfezant
gurdurr @ eviolite <---- this thing ***** everything
basculin w/ rock head (the traded one) @ lucky egg <--- leveling machine. also ***** everything.

and of course my baby LILLIGANT

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Just ***** Skyla.

Team:

Victini Lv.40
Gurdurr Lv.42 <- someone help me evolve this pl0x. <3.
Samurott Lv. 37
Krokorok Lv.39
Zoroark Lv.50

Steelia

Smash Champion
Having wayyyyyy too much fun with Pkmn Black. Been putting off texturing duties because of it. What's wrong with me.

Huh... WFC acted up on me when trying to help someone get their Gigalith. Not sure what was up with that, I don't recall anything like that happening in DPPtHGSS... Otherwise, the experience has been a good one, and there are so many online options now.

Trying to MM a Deino, or at least hatch a few eggs for the fun of it. Just want to see how the experience goes on these games compared to the last few games.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Isn't it a bit cheating to run a level 50 Zoroark?

Anyway my Servine evolved and now I'm mildly thinking about keeping it.
i think I've used it twice lol.

on my way to the next city. Team:

Krookodile Lv.43
Conkeldurr Lv.42
Samurott Lv.37
Victini Lv.43
Zoroark Lv.50

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
How the hell am I keeping up with all you people when I just spent two days in Chicago? Makes no sense.

About to **** Dragonspire tower. Either that or train something else up maybe. Team so far:

Lv. 43 Simisear
Lv. 43 Samurott
Lv. 51 Scrafty

3-man team with a 4th hitting up the back near the end-ish (like the point I'm at now) is a very pro way to go through the game. You can pretty much train everything evenly and keep them more than strong enough for gym leaders with minimal to non-existent grinding. The only reason my Scrafty is so high is because I just got done with the Ice gym, and I knew he could faceroll better than Simisear could so I used him and only him on my way to the city.

Scrafty w/ Moxie is ****ing nuts. Get that first kill and the battle is pretty much over from there. The only thing that makes it a little more complicated is that he isn't entirely fast. However, with his great bulk that's mostly non-issue.

Idk what to put in for my last spot or two on the team though. I was originally going to use Deerling and Golett, but at least for Golett it only gets No Guard through the Dream World, which was basically mandatory for me to want to use him. So idk.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
How the hell am I keeping up with all you people when I just spent two days in Chicago? Makes no sense.

About to **** Dragonspire tower. Either that or train something else up maybe. Team so far:

Lv. 43 Simisear
Lv. 43 Samurott
Lv. 51 Scrafty

3-man team with a 4th hitting up the back near the end-ish (like the point I'm at now) is a very pro way to go through the game. You can pretty much train everything evenly and keep them more than strong enough for gym leaders with minimal to non-existent grinding. The only reason my Scrafty is so high is because I just got done with the Ice gym, and I knew he could faceroll better than Simisear could so I used him and only him on my way to the city.

Scrafty w/ Moxie is ****ing nuts. Get that first kill and the battle is pretty much over from there. The only thing that makes it a little more complicated is that he isn't entirely fast. However, with his great bulk that's mostly non-issue.

Idk what to put in for my last spot or two on the team though. I was originally going to use Deerling and Golett, but at least for Golett it only gets No Guard through the Dream World, which was basically mandatory for me to want to use him. So idk.
I hardly ever touch the game, so I'm about where you're at. On my JP run I was done in just a few hours after getting the game LOL.

Currently ****** the ice gym with Victini.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Finished a few hours ago with

lv. 46 Excadrill
lv. 45 Seismitoad
lv. 52 Emboar
lv. 43 Fraxure
lv. 50 Celebi
lv. 43 Unfeazant

It changed at the very very end though, so I won't post it due to spoilers.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I am taking my time with this one,I am sure i'd be done with this game if I played the same way I did the rest of my Pokemon games, I havn't even touched it yet today.

Top Bottom